little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Vita smiled "Alright. Good hunting." he said looking a bit amused. He went back to Dharsii.

Vrans looked at Aleron "Alright. Lets find a good hunting spot." she said "By the way, have I told you my name? If not its Vrans." she said as she started to head to the entrance again. She wondered why she felt oddly happy about hunting with him....

(Your leading the way to the hunting spot so you have to describe it. Though I may help.)

Alero's heart leap when they headed out. Yay! Now I get to spend time with her! Though how do I get her to like me? Aleron had never tried to get a dragon to like him. The only other dragon he had know was Dragina and she was pretty much his sister. Vrans, what a pretty name.

(Just in case, italics means his thoughts.)

Dharsii watched as the ribbon dancer called Vrans returned to the camp with a shadow walker dragon she had not seen before. Watched patiently as Vita walked up and welcomed the newcomer and talked to them about going out hunting. The white then turned and headed towards the medic's den and tentativly stuck her head into the enterance. "Um...Excuse me. My I speak with you?"

The white jumped a little "Before you peek in and speak make sure I know your there." he said placing a bowl of a mix down "But yes you may. Is your paw acting up?" he asked thinking maybe his cure was starting to get old and useless.

Vrans lead Alero into the forest and further to a spot then she sat down and sniffed the air. "Prey here are oddly slow. So it showed be easy to get them. But if you see one not moving do not go for it. Humans may have changed them a bit." she explained not really knowing why.

(Well figure my temporary position out later. We can't be mates by just having fun when we hunted. I think Aleron might trip when going after some prey in a funny way.)

((Alright, did not expect it to happen with nothing but hunting either lol. Go right ahead.))

Dharsii flinched back a bit when the medic jumped slightly as she spoke into his den. "I'm sorry." She then heard him ask why she was there. "My paw is actually feeling much better thanks to you. I was wondering if you would be willing to teach me how to be a medic. Perhaps I could help you make cures for injuries and poisons....um...I never caught your name sir..." She felt slightly intimidated by the larger white and her voice was quiet and timid.

Edited by Drakossozh

The medic looked at Dhasii "Its Shallen." he said then narrowed his eye's a bit "Who would want a old grouch like me as there mentor?" he asked seemingly a bit annoyed then seemed to brighten up "Of course you can help. Would let me do a few things I'v been needing to do.... oh could you start to chew a few of-" he started to name a few plants pointing to them "and spit them out into a bowl. Let me know once your done that then you can wash your mouth out." he said. all of the sudden he seemed to have a glint in his eye.

Vita being out side the den over heared the whites responce and smiled "Looks like she may have her paws full." he muttered to him self a bit amused.

Vrans looked around "Well then... want to see who could catch the most prey?" she asked before she thought it through.

((Can someone give me a brief summary of what has happened? I was away so I was not able to post. Last I was here Dharsii had just been healed and was going to the river.))

((@Fire-Ice Dharsii has become the medic's apprentice. Vrans has brought back two new dragons to the clan, a neglected hatchling who is playing with the purple hatchling, and a shadow walker who is now hunting with Vrans. There are two shadow walkers but only one has joined the clan. I think that's really about it.))

(( Hey guys I broke my arm and leg a few days ago. So please excuse my short posts and lack of proper spelling :/))

"Yep, she will have her claws full. I bet that little Purple will be a great medic, with Shallen mentoring her."

Oh Shallen, you are such a great medic...

((Sorry it was short..)

(OK here I go thogh I may fail xd.png )

Aleron tried to settle in as comfortably as he could not being that used to hunting. He faded until you could only see him if you stared hard at him. After a few minutes he heard a rustling and watched hungrily as a group of about 3 moose came into the clearing. (If your wondering it has to be at LEAST 3 moose because think what like 8 dragons they need a lot of food.) He silently moved forward mimicing the sway of the grass as it swayed under the gentle breeze. He doubted even the Ribbon dancer saw him. As he stood the wind shift a little. Noooo. The moose looked up terrified then seeing a distortion in the air started to run. Aleron ran as fast as he could hoping he could catch them and impress Vrans. The moose bolted towards swampy ground and Aleron followed thinking it would slow them down. To the contrary they seemed surefooted and knew where the ground was solid, Aleron on the other hand was clumsy often stumbling and slipping in the mud. As he neared the moose at last he didn't see a small pool of wet mud and slid landing face first in it. They moose sprinted away while Aleron tried to free himself of the mud but only succeeded in slipping and covering himself with it. Just as he got up he noticed the sound of giggling coming from the brush where he had hid. (Told you I couldn't do it very well.)

((@orange Dharsii isn't the purple hatchling. She's the adult white who crashed here. But don't worry about it. I hope your arm and leg heal up quickly smile.gif ))

Edited by Drakossozh

Username: UmbreWulf

Name: Cascade

Type of Dragon: White Stripe

Job: Gamma

Appearance: user posted image Her eyes are a beautiful turquoise color instead of brown.

History: Cascade was born by a waterfall. Her parents were killed by the humans right after she grew wings.

Mate: None yet

Other: She hates humans with a passion. (Go figure.) She is very wary and doesn't like strangers. This is because of her trauma (Again, go figure.) as a hatchling. However, she will protect those she cares about with her life.

Schnoozeberries derp.

Username: Totallydrow

Name: Phayne

Type of Dragon: Gold Dragon

Job: Unknown Since only an Egg

Appearance:

user posted image

History:

Phayne's egg had been abandoned within the forest of the Hunting Grounds. His parents were hunted by knights, due to their radiant gold colour, the knights lord had wanted to make a suit of armor using the scales of a gold dragon. It is unknown as to whether or not his parents had managed to escape the place they called home, or if they were killed for their scales. However what we do know is that the knights had managed to take Phayne's egg with them, as an offering to their lord.

Tragedy struck the platoon of Knights on their way back to their village, the slope that they had been travelling on had broken loose from its bindings, due to the moisture in the soil from the previous day's rain. Phayne's egg plummeted out the carraige and rolled down the slope, eventually coming to a rest between two rocks. Phayne's egg lay there..relatively undamaged except for a little crack due to the natural resistance of a dragon egg.

Mate: N/A

Other: When old enough, the Fire produced from Phayne has a yellowly goldish tint. Has a black birth mark on his left front paw. Its a Zigzag similar to the crack formed on his egg when it hit the rocks.

((Please reread the first post then I'll look at your sheets wink.gif ))

Aleron tried to settle in as comfortably as he could not being that used to hunting. He faded until you could only see him if you stared hard at him. After a few minutes he heard a rustling and watched hungrily as a group of about 3 moose came into the clearing. (If your wondering it has to be at LEAST 3 moose because think what like 8 dragons they need a lot of food.) He silently moved forward mimicing the sway of the grass as it swayed under the gentle breeze. He doubted even the Ribbon dancer saw him. As he stood the wind shift a little. Noooo. The moose looked up terrified then seeing a distortion in the air started to run. Aleron ran as fast as he could hoping he could catch them and impress Vrans. The moose bolted towards swampy ground and Aleron followed thinking it would slow them down. To the contrary they seemed surefooted and knew where the ground was solid, Aleron on the other hand was clumsy often stumbling and slipping in the mud. As he neared the moose at last he didn't see a small pool of wet mud and slid landing face first in it. They moose sprinted away while Aleron tried to free himself of the mud but only succeeded in slipping and covering himself with it. Just as he got up he noticed the sound of giggling coming from the brush where he had hid. (Told you I couldn't do it very well.)

((Wheres the giggling noise coming from?))

Vrans watched him fade then decided to watch him try to get the moose. Then things down hill for him. she could tell he was trying to show off. Then he face planted she laughed a little and went over and picked him up by the scruff to get him to his paws "Showing off only leads to this happening." she said amused "Its either you where showing off or I need to teach you a few things about hunting moose." she said. She was smiling though.

Phayne's egg lay there, completely motionless as if devoid of any life. The occasional insect would land on his shell, but after awhile fly off.

The animals dared not go near the Golden egg.. they would often stare at this mysterious rock that just lay there, and would eventually get on with their day.

The birds would sing their song's on the top of the tree tops, and the squirrels would forrage for any nuts and berries that may have fallen. But apart from that, the scenery in which Phayne's egg lay in, was undisturbed...

Within this rock however, lay a hatchling, slowly growing, developing those features unique only to the dragonkin... waiting to break free from his bonds... to experience fresh air for the first time...

Every now and then if you pressed your ear against this gold rock, and listened very carefully, you would hear the distinct sounds a baby dragon makes....

Edited by TotallyDrow

Vrans was looking at Aleron when something in the distance caught her eye. "Oh" she said now looking at what the shiny object might be. "You may have lost a moose.... but there's a shiny object over there....... wonder..." she started walking around Aleron and towards the object. To her suprize it seemed to be an egg. It had a crack in it but not bad enough to cause death to what ever was inside. "Oh my.." she murmured "Where do your parents go little one?" she murmured some more. She went back to Aleron "Seems some one lost a egg....." she said then looked at him wondering if he knew who by the off chance.

Dharsii smiled when Shallen seemed to brighten up a bit and began to point her to different plants for her to chew and spit into a bowl. ""Right away Shallen." She gathered the different plants he had pointed out to her from around the den and set about chewing them up before spittining them into a bowl like he had asked for her to do. The young white was happy to be helping out another dragon who seemed to be in need of it. And being a medic in training would undoubtably bring more of that feeling. She couldn't help her tail flicking happily from side to side as she worked, her bright purple eyes shining brightly.

After a little bit Shallen came over to inspect her work. "Try to aim to have peices like this *he picked up a piece of a herb" to be smaller. May taste bad but this is what cured you from the poison." he said "I want yu to learn this cure so I can finally get some air out side the camp.... being the only medic right now means you can't leave in case one gets hit with the poison." he said going back to his work "You being here helps with that. Next up I'll teach you the right magic to put the finishing touch to the cure. Only whites can make such." he said then seemed to stare off into the distance standing there as if he was recalling a memory.

Cascade flew through the clouds, alert for the sound of those evil humans. Their metal things had destroyed her home. "I already hate you enough, thanks for more reason to do so!" She soon landed because of a wing injury she had suffered as she fled her now-gone home. She looked around. "I've never been here before.. so beautiful. The humans haven't even touched this place." She looked around at the lush landscape. "Sitting here isn't going to help me. I should go find something for my wing." She flinched as blood dripped down onto her back and ran down her sides. After walking for a while, she heard sounds. Sounds of.... dragons? With much effort, she lifted herself into the air and flew toward the sound. A grand valley was filled with dragons of all sorts. Cascade turned-tail and fled into the undergrowth, disliking large crowds. "Maybe I should just watch them for a while," she thought. "Maybe they're friendly...?"

Dharsii watched attentivly as Shallen showed her what the best way to get the herbs to look was. "Oh. Okay. I'll try to do better from here on out." She didn't want to disappoint her mentor and set about trying to make a batch closer to how he showed her to make it. She managed to make an almost perfect copy of what he showed her after a couple of tries. The taste the herbs left in her mouth was bitter but she payed it no mind. She then took her work over to show the older white and saw him gazing off as if lost in thought or memory. She tentativly spoke to him, hoping not to accidently upset him by breaking his train of thought, "Uh..Shallen? Are you alright?" She brought forward her bowl of the antidote to show him, "Is this an improvement to my first try sir?"

Shallen startled a little bit then blinked a few times "I...uhh ya I'm alright. Sorry there." he said then looked at her bowl and inspected it "Good, alright, what was I going to do next? Oh right, I was going to show you how to finish it up right? Well this is the hardest part. If done incorrectly you make a poison instead of a cure....." he trailed off again then shook his head then looked at her "Do you understand me? This will not be easy... for both of us." he said.

Dharsii looked at her mentor with a bit of concern, something was obviously bothering him. But how could she find out without forcing him to tell her? It seemed that he did not want to talk about whatever it was that he had been thinking about so she let it go for the moment. She turned her attention back to the antidote they were making and listened closely to all that Shallen said to her. When he asked if she understood she replied, "Yes, I understand." She then watched and listened attentivly for what to do to finish the cure.

Shallen paused for a moment then looked at his bowl of the mix. "first channel your power to your paws. Once thats done you need to nip a tiny peice of anyone of your claws, put it into the mix then mutter these words *he says them* then if channeled correctly the claw peice should be gone... if not then throw it out as it is not cure it would be a poison.... one that kills in few seconds..... he trailed off again then shook his head "Sorry, I suppose your wondering whats going on with your mentor. When the humans killed off many of us with there poison bugs.... I started to try to make a cure from scratch... ended up as both a curse and a blessing to late."he said "I had a mate... who was ill with the bugs poison. the cure had had its first test and worked. Being young and happy that I had maybe a cure I made the foolish mistake of rushing it. I found it odd the claw peice was still there, how ever I thought it was still a cure. I applyed it to 3 ill ones. One being my mate..... the poison works fast... but you learn of pain beyond anything you know of." he explained "They... died.... my mate... she was so much........" he stopped and head was hung.

Several more thoughts kept running through Toxic's mind before he snapped himself out of his trance. He yawned real big, almost falling over. He had no idea how tired he suddenly was. He looked around. This area was safe enough..

He slowly plopped down and wrapped his long tail round his body and closed his dry eyes. He tried not falling asleep too fast but sooner or later his breathing became more deep and his body stiff.

Cascade finally mustered up the courage to introduce herself to the dragons. "I might be walking into my own death trap, but I'm going to be a goner sooner or later." she sighed, wincing as her damaged wing had started throbbing again. She reluctantly got up and slowly but surely left the underbrush. Cascade held her head high, trying not to look like the starving wounded loner she had become. She was a normal dragon until the humans destroyed her home. They destroyed everything she cared about: her home, her pride, memories of her family, everything. Trying her best to avoid the growing scarlet river flowing down her back, Cascade walked towards the dragons. She hoped that someone would notice her, she was not the type to walk up and introduce herself.