little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Vrans looked at the neglected "Don't feel out of place. Your not the worst off." she said "Ever seen a zombie?" she asked and continued. "We have a few that live at the camp. Come from all over the place. Most a few hundred or more years old. But they don't bite so don't worry." she explained. "We accept everyone who wants to join. Have yet to exile anyone. But you could get the detailed story from the elders. They'v seen it all." she explained some more as they walked. The feeling of being watched was still there though. She would find out after Vita was handling the neglected.

Dharsii looked up at Vita when he came up and explained why they were helping her. She turned her head and looked down at her injuries as the medic healed them. She looked up at him astonished as the wounds quickly sealed shut. "Th-thank you," she said quietly. She then turned to look at the little purple hatchling who had been helping the white make something out of plant stems and smiled, despite the pain behind her eye, and said, "And thank you as well." Dharsii then looked around at the rest of the dragons, her gaze resting momentarily on the gold horned tangar who had seemed particularly worried. She then continued to scan the surrounding area as the white finished healing her wounds.

The white got to her head and looked at it "Hmm... the damage here is done by some else.... where you hit with anything from the humans new things?" he asked as he ran a claw with the ointment over the cut. It healed but with a scar "You'll have a scar there. But you don't look half bad." he said then took one last look over of the whites body then grabbed the bowl and nodded to the purple hatchling his thanks and went back to his den.

Vita came up to the white again "You'll have to exuse him. He's a bit... his toung has a bite." he said. "Your welcome to stay here as long as you like. All we ask is that you try to help out every now and then. Could be very small or very big." he said.

Toxic smiled small and stayed close to Vrans. Zombies? He's seen them but have never been close to one. He was even more shocked after hearing Vrans tell him that they didn't bite or weren't evil. He just thought Zombie's had no thought and were basically an evil empty shell. Another dragonfly buzzed infront of him. He quickly snapped and devoured it.

Vrans smiled again when he had caught a dragon fly. "Zombie dragons do have minds. There just treated like they don't for too long. Given time and the right treatment the mind returns for them." she explained and saw the camp "Where almost there." she said. After a few more moments they where in the camp and Vita walked up to them "Welcome back Vrans. Whos the new friend?" he asked in a friendly tone. Vrans looked at the neglected "Now that I think about it we forgot to exanche names." she said. "This is Vita, I'm Vrans." she said.

Mylan Smiled and nodded at the white. "What should I do now?" she wondered before looking up to see Vrans and the neglected hatchling. She shyly walked a bit closer to see the hatchling, She couldn't remember the last time there was another hatchling around to play with.

Dharsii didn't have enough time to answer the white before he left. She didn't know much about human weapons since the attack on her lair had been the first time she had ever seen humans up close. She looked up at Vita and smiled when he said she could stay. "I will do everything I can to help out." she said, smiling happily. She managed to get to her feet, though a bit shakily. She eventually found her strength again and stopped shaking. The white looked about at the other dragons. There was a new face among them. Another hatchling like the purple. Dharsii then looked back over her body and noticed her scales were still stained with blood. She almost hissed with disgust and decided that she should probably clean it off. She walked up to the large orange dragon and asked a little cautiously, "Um excuse me.. Is there by chance a stream or anything nearby, mister...um...I don't believe I ever got your name sir."

Toxic smiled again. "I'm Toxic.." when he saw Mylan, he instantly acted shy and began to shuffle his paws in the dirt. He tried not to act too self conscious. He felt better after what Vrans had said.

Aleron heard Vrans say all were welcome. He decided to explore the camp more staying undercover of his almost perfect invisibility. He hoped the orange didn't see him because of their magical nature.

((Guys can we add a bit more content to our posts. I don't care if its post filler (aka thoughts) or something to do with your char or chars. Maybe make the senteces a little longer or something.))

Vita looked at the white "I'm Vita. And yes there is. Head through the camp entrance turn right and then if you keep going you'll run into a stream we use for cleaning. The water's not to cold and is always clean of human touch so far." he explained then looked at Toxic "Well Toxic welcome to the clan. Feel free to stay with us as long as you like. All we ask is that you help out some how some way. Big or small." he said "Also we can help you with some of those scales if you'd like. Have them look a bit healthier. Our Medic is known for doing that." he said. He saw Vrans and nodded allowing her to leave again.

Vrans looked at Toxic "I'm Vrans, you'll see me around the camp. Just don't look at me when the suns at me... it may be a bit bright." she said not sounding to pleased but it was a fact. "I'll see you around." he said and gently patted Toxic on the head a little then took off out side the camp. "Now to find who evers been watching all this time..." she muttered.

Dharsii, no longer feeling as nervous as before, bowed her head and replied, "My name is Dharsii. Thank you for letting me stay here Vita. And thank you for telling me where the stream is. I will return shortly to help out with whatever duties I can." With that, the white followed the directions vita had given her to the stream. once there she waded out into the water and let the water clean off most of the blood from her scales and wings. What wasn't washed off she preened out, rather like a large bird would. Once clean, the white hauled herself out of the water, which slid off of her scales easily, and beat her wings vigerously to help dry them out. She then turned to look at herself in the water. Her scales had been cleaned to a shining white and all of the bloodstains were gone. But the scar behind her right eye.... She hissed and spat a burt of blue flame into the water before turning away from her reflection. She then headed back to the area where she had come from and looked about for Vita. Once she spotted him she approached him and asked, "Is there anything I can do to help the clan? I want to start helping as soon as I can." Her initial shyness of the other dragons was begining to fade, turning into joy for being with her own kind again.

Edited by Drakossozh

Toxic stayed still for a while. Her words lingered in his head.

I may be a bit bright..

He again felt down about himself. Such pretty dragonesses around here. Once he himself matures, would he be attractive at all to any dragoness. He knew well that he is sterile and can produce no young in the future but that didn't mean he couldn't love.

Love. Such a strong word for him to be thinking at his age. Though he was close to getting his wings which marked maturity but it didn't make much difference. He got up from sitting and began to scavenge around. He had almost forgotten the others around him..

Mylan watched toxic for a minute. "Is he okay?" She wondered. She had never seen or even heard of a neglected dragon before. She relised she had been staring for a while, so she walked up to him. "Hello." She said, in a quite voice. She had always been rather shy, even around dragons she knew for a while, but she felt a bit more comfortable around toxic for some reason. She though it must have been because he's close to her age, a bit younger even.

Vita looked at Dharsii and nodded "We where going to hunt but your injurys took priority. The camp needs to be searched for any human bugs. Little things made by humans that can have a bad bite." he said "There a threat to the hatchlings, also our medic could do with a top up on supply's as well." he said giving her a list of things to do. "Thats a couple things we have to get done, if you see and want to do something else feel free to do so." he said.

Toxic was a little startled by Mylan but gave off a friendly smile.

"Don't mind me, I'm just in deep thought. How are you?.."

Toxic asked the first question that popped into his mind. He wanted to be polite if he wanted to make friends. He was glad there were other hatchlings. Despite his body looking fragile and weak, he raised a front paw to bat at her in a playful way. His long tail almost wagging like a canine.

Mylan jumped away playfully, giggling. "I'm good." She said. "What about you?" She asked, trying to not sound worried, she still wasn't sure what to make of him.

"Don't worry, I'm not evil or anything. I've just been alone practically my whole life and I'm not use to being around other hatchlings." Toxic met her jumps with his own. He sat down again and was in thought, but this time, he wasn't depressed looking.

"Did you know that I was suppose to be a Holly?....." He let his thoughts slip out into words.

Mylan sat next to him. "I've never seen a holly before." She said. "To be honest, I've never seen any dragons besides the one's here." Mylan looked nervously towards the forest. "I'm afraid to leave...." She said quitely.

"A Holly is one of the most rarest breeds that are desired..."

Toxic kept thinking back on when he was an egg and was found by greedy humans. He still remembered what it felt like before his egg decayed into neglected. He felt cheerful and full of life in a festival way. Then it suddenly ended with a rotting feeling. He felt like he was going to die until he realized he wasn't actually dying but painfully mutating. Having to claw out of the rotting weak egg and running away from whoever was trying to hold him captive.

"I was lost as an egg. I didn't realize it until I had little time left to live. It made me so mad for some reason and I began to feel weaker..."

The hatchling dug his claws into the dirt.

"Do I look ugly to you?" He just had to ask..

Mylan was a little shocked by the question. "No, I don't think your ugly..." She answered. She was telling the truth, he didn't look so much ugly as sick, and after his story she felt a bit sorry for him.

Dharsii smiled and bobbed her head happily. She was happy to be able to help. "I will look for these human bugs first if I may," she felt like seeking a bit of retribution. "Then I will help the medic gather his supplies. I don't think I will be much help hunting yet though...But I will do all I can. Where might I find these human bugs? What do they look like?" Her wings still were not up to the task of flying yet.

Edited by Drakossozh

Toxic smiled at the answer. It made him move his tail around a bit as if he were wagging it. Then he thought of the moment he met Vrans and why he was running.

He swallowed and looked around and asked another question.

"Have you seen any humans around here??"

Toxic knew well that the territory was small, but he didn't know that they were probably surrounded by human territory.

"I've never seen humans, They never come into the camp. But sometimes they send things they made in. The adults usually deal with those though." Mylan answered. She shuffled her feet nervously, "I wish I could do more but humans scare me." She said. "My parents dissappeared while out hunting, and everyone said they were probably captured or killed by humans." She finnished in a low, sad voice.

Edited by teawanee

Vrans looked around, no sign of the being watching her. She narrowed her eye's and scented the air heavily. She looked at the bushes and tree's trying to see any sign of something watching her "Alright, I'm alone. Come out now." she said "This is hardly a way to befriend others." she said annoyed.

Vita looked around and saw the 2 hatchlings getting along. He smiled and decided to see what Crio was up to