little lost dragon

The Great Divide

(ok)

Aleron listened to her and wodered about the egg they found.

Dharsii looked at her mentor with a little concern when he started coughing but decided not to push the issue at the moment. She looked after Cascade as the striped dragon left and then turned back to Shallen, "You know, I never figured out where I would be staying. I will be back momentarily. Do you need me to get anything while I'm out Shallen? Supplies, food, anything?" She wanted to take as much weight off hermentor's shoulders as she possibly could.

Shallen looked up at Dharsii "Maybe a mouse or 2 would be nice." he said with a small smile. "As for where your staying that would be here in the den." he said starting to get up and he went to one area with herbs sorted. He started to work on a few slowly. "Wonder why I'm so tired right now. Even my age does not normally leave me like this." he muttered half to him self but loud enough for Dharsii to hear.

Cascade looked the way she had come and spotted the dragon that Shallen told her about. She walked over and said politely, "Excuse me, but your healer told me that you would know of a good place to spend the night. If so, could you please tell me?"

Vita nodded "Of course. Right here in the camp if you'd like. You can stay as long as you'd like as long as you help out some how some way. Small or big." he explained.

Aleron listened to her and wodered about the egg they found.

((could ya add more content to these posts please?))

Vrans finished talking and sighed then saw him looking at the egg "Well lets get this back to camp then we can try to catch something. How does that sound?" she asked "Oh and this time, try not to show off." she said.

(ok )

"Ok. I won't show off this time. I hope we figure out this egg." replied Aleron.

(I can't think of what else to add.)

Cascade nodded. "Thank you. Shallen told me to rest my wing, but as soon as I can go out, I'll be sure to hunt down some food. I can also fight if need be," she said, wondering how long she needed to stay inactive. Cascade thanked Vita once again and found a quiet spot to rest her tired feet. Perhaps I'll stay here... she thought as sleep started to take over. Living in a group seems to be very effective. She yawned and soon gave way to a deep slumber.

Dharsii bowed her head respectfully to her mentor, "I'll be back shortly." After exiting the den, the young dragoness spread her wings and tested them. They didn't seem as weak and tired as they had earlier. She then launched herself into the air and flew out to hunt in the forest. Once she was a little way away from camp she landed again. It was easier to hunt mice from the ground. She crept along silently and soon came upon a trio of mice scampering through the brush. With three quick lunges and bites she killed the mice and picked them up in her jaws. Once she made it back to the camp she landed and stopped in front of the medic den. She gently sat the three mice down at the entrance to the den and spoke into the cave, "I'm back Shallen. I brought the mice for you."

Dharsii bowed her head respectfully to her mentor, "I'll be back shortly." After exiting the den, the young dragoness spread her wings and tested them. They didn't seem as weak and tired as they had earlier. She then launched herself into the air and flew out to hunt in the forest. Once she was a little way away from camp she landed again. It was easier to hunt mice from the ground. She crept along silently and soon came upon a trio of mice scampering through the brush. With three quick lunges and bites she killed the mice and picked them up in her jaws. Once she made it back to the camp she landed and stopped in front of the medic den. She gently sat the three mice down at the entrance to the den and spoke into the cave, "I'm back Shallen. I brought the mice for you."

Shallen looked up from his work "Back already?" he asked then came over to her and the mice. He sniffed them then smiled and picked them up and went back into the cave signling her to follow him with the tail tip twitch. Once in he settled down and ate the mice. Afterwards he licked his chops and sighed then waited for her to settle down.

(This has pretty much died.)

((Eli, sorry but I honestly need more to go on from your posts. Add thoughts, face expressions ANYTHING just stop giving one liners. I can't have a sub plot run on that. As for this dieing there was a post done today that I can reply to.))

((theres not much i Can do :3... if i hatch now, it would be too soon, since my egg was only just picked up X.x... I guess i could describe the interior of the shell... lol))

Dharsii followed her mentor into the den and waited patiently while he at the mice she had brought him. She smiled inwardly and settled down on the ground, wrapping her tail about her body. Once comfortable, she preened at her wings to make sure that no leaves or other debris had become stuck in them while she had been hunting. The young dragoness then returned her violet gaze to her mentor, to await what he needed her to do next.

((Uh oh... I lost Shallens train of thought... um hope this is still on track....))

Shallen looked down at the ground "As you know I don't have long to live, well at least I don't have forever. So unlike when I was trained we don't have forever. Once I'm gone you'll be the medic of this camp. There lifes will be in your paws. And some will slip away." he explained "I want you to know this so you don't feel as unprepared for the job like I was. My mentor did not have this talk with me." he said then shook his head and neck "Anyway you so far seem to be one with the heart of a medic dragon. Many may seem nice, however nice may not mean the certain help of saving lifes." he said and got up and went up to her "I want you to be aware of all of this, I'll teach you what I can, warn you of what will harm, and most of all pervent to you what happened to I." he said.

Dharsii nodded her head as her mentor spoke. It made her sad to think that the older dragon would someday die, but she decided not to think about that. She thought about what it would be like to be the clan's medic one day but she knew she had much to learn. She spoke once he finished speaking, "I am glad that I have been able to help thus far and I will do everything within my power to be the best apprentice I can be sir." She knew being the medic was a huge responsibility but she was ready to do everything she could to help the clan of dragons who had saved her life.

Shallen nodded and smiled a bit then got up and seemed to get back to a happy... snappy like behaver "Alright. We have many thing to teach you. But if you keep this up you'll know everything soon." he said and dissapered into the den further and returned with quite a few herb "Alright-" he started to show her each one, each leaf, stick, berry he had brought. 10 herbs in all "For the poison berrys do not apply them directly. That will kill the one your healing. How ever if you mix it with these yellow fawns and this mix will cure any belly issues with a touch of magic to direct it and well... to be honest I don't entirly how it works but it does the job" he explained.

Dharsii watched and listened attentively as her mentor came back with several different kinds of plants. She commited to memory the look and smell of each different herb. A method her mother had tought her since she was a hatchling. She also made sure to remember not to apply the berries directly to her patients. She repeated the names of which plants to mix with which and what spells to use for the desired effects. The young white couldn't help but smile when Shallen admitted to not being able to explain exactly how the mixtures worked. But as long as they worked she didn't need to know how they did so. She was just glad to see Shallen not seeming as down as he had earlier.

Dharsii watched and listened attentively as her mentor came back with several different kinds of plants. She commited to memory the look and smell of each different herb. A method her mother had tought her since she was a hatchling. She also made sure to remember not to apply the berries directly to her patients. She repeated the names of which plants to mix with which and what spells to use for the desired effects. The young white couldn't help but smile when Shallen admitted to not being able to explain exactly how the mixtures worked. But as long as they worked she didn't need to know how they did so. She was just glad to see Shallen not seeming as down as he had earlier.

Shallen once again vanished into the den further then came out again "Just come with me. Then I can show you all the herbs." he said in a good natured snap like way. He stumbled on the way back to the herb area of the den but did not seem fazed by it. Once he was at the herb storage of the den he sat down and waited for her to settle down by the rows of herbs. "Here is where all the herbs are stored." he started looking at all the herbs.

((When Shallen dies (I'm getting rather attached to him, I was planning on a char sheet for him but he does not have long left sad.gif ), I'll also start some action for the clan to. Also for those of you still here I'll be doing a cleaning of the RP and will clear the Alpha and beta ranks of inactive chars. I'll do this once christmas break starts for me. A simple post to let me know your still alive will save your char))

((TotallyDrow and Drakossozh are safe. But from everyone else I have yet to see much or any activity from. I understand them having to leave for something. Orange and her broken arm, but the others seem to have just vanished. I know Eli can't get on much but I need more in his posts. But those 2 are also safe.

If you have to leave at least PM so I can inform the RP so we don't all wait pointlessly. Holding up the whole RP is not cool))

Edited by little lost dragon

Lapis was exhausted. Having run away from his former home, he attemted to find refuge. Breathing heavily, he spoke to himself.

"No turning back now."

A short pause followed.

"Okay, Lapis, you need to find a suitable place to live now. Before they find you again."

Lapis's clan was murdered by power-hungry dragons. He barely made it out alive. Even now he had deep, bloody gashes all over his body. Lapis felt as if he would never trust another dragon again.

He kept walking, through the obscured areas of human territory, until he came to a forest. He went inside and came upon an ideal hunting area.

Life was everywhere. He could feel it moving. Not through the ground. It was so active he could feel it resonate through his very soul.

Lapis kept moving until he could no longer travel. He could not go on, and collapsed near the cave.

Cascade awoke, her wings strong as ever. She decided that this would be the day she repaid the Clan and made herself useful. She spread her wings and took off, sniffing for the scent of deer. She picked up the faint smell and took off in that direction. After flying over field and forest, she came upon the herd. She flew above them, scanning for a big, fat deer to feed her new 'family'. Cascade at last found a nice plump young doe, running on the edge of the herd. Too easy.. she thought, diving down silently towards the herd. She had aimed well and closed her jaws around her target's neck, watching the life slowly fade from its shiny, black eyes. She grasped the animal in her talons and carefully lifted off.

"I'm back with food!" she said as she gently landed on the ground. The warm scent of deer made her mouth water, but she assumed the higher-ranked would get first choice of meat. She backed away and bowed her head respectfully.

((I would like to stay ^^'))

Edited by UmbreWulf

Dharsii smiled and rose to her feet before following Shallen further into the den. When Shallen stumbled Dharsii tried to move to catch his fall but he seemed to catch himself and go on as if it hadn't happened. The young white looked at her mentor with a concerned expression, hoping he was okay. They then emerged into the area where all the herbs were kept. As Shallen sat down, Dharsii looked at all of the different plants in complete awe. She recognized some of them but many were new to her, being a dragon from the far north. After the initial hatchling-like wonder wore off, she went and sat down next to Shallen.

((South-west from the cave, in the hunting territory, somewhere around one of the gray patches. By the way, he's still unconscious. >.<))

Dharsii smiled and rose to her feet before following Shallen further into the den. When Shallen stumbled Dharsii tried to move to catch his fall but he seemed to catch himself and go on as if it hadn't happened. The young white looked at her mentor with a concerned expression, hoping he was okay. They then emerged into the area where all the herbs were kept. As Shallen sat down, Dharsii looked at all of the different plants in complete awe. She recognized some of them but many were new to her, being a dragon from the far north. After the initial hatchling-like wonder wore off, she went and sat down next to Shallen.

Shallen smiled and nodded to each area with each plant "All these plants have a use. Some agment others others are poisonos unless mixed with others right. Many types and ways to make the cures needed. I even had yet to find out ever single mix possible with all these plants. Though careful with a few of these sections as there rare and require lots of travel to gather again." he explain motioning to a few rows then he bent down and uncovered a very old looking book "This was first written when this clan first started. No one knows of this but me and my mentors and now you. It contains all the mixes of these plants that we know of, and the ones that need magic to have there full affect." he said. He seemed happy passing on the information. Though something was going wrong. A twitch of a limb here and a scale going dead and crusting a bit. All these he seemed to hardly notice as he spoke to her motioning to this row and that explain this plant and that.

Only one that was paying attention could tell, but he was on his last hours. Even he could hardly tell for he was the first one he knew of that was dieing out of age due to stress.

"- and this plant called the yellow clover can also be useful for-" He fell over suddenly and grunted. He got up slowly "No not useful for falling over." he said half to him self "I...I must be over exausting my self today.... I should better rest." he said in a confused manner.

Cascade awoke, her wings strong as ever. She decided that this would be the day she repaid the Clan and made herself useful. She spread her wings and took off, sniffing for the scent of deer. She picked up the faint smell and took off in that direction. After flying over field and forest, she came upon the herd. She flew above them, scanning for a big, fat deer to feed her new 'family'. Cascade at last found a nice plump young doe, running on the edge of the herd. Too easy.. she thought, diving down silently towards the herd. She had aimed well and closed her jaws around her target's neck, watching the life slowly fade from its shiny, black eyes. She grasped the animal in her talons and carefully lifted off.

"I'm back with food!" she said as she gently landed on the ground. The warm scent of deer made her mouth water, but she assumed the higher-ranked would get first choice of meat. She backed away and bowed her head respectfully.

Vrans looked over and smiled seeing one of the new ones already helping out. "You take first choise." he called out to her. "We would not want to lose some meat from such a good haul there." he said "We'll chose after you." he said.

"Thank you," Cascade said, taking a large chunk of meat. She carried it over to a quiet spot and blew a little flame to roast it. The deer smelled delicious, she hungrily ate the whole piece. It had filled her up and Cascade actually felt content once. This is my new home, I guess. Then these dragons are my new family! she thought, looking around at all of the others. They were kind to her, showing her hospitality in her time of weakness. Cascade was glad to help these nobel dragons. She closed her eyes and fell asleep, listening to the other dragons enjoy the fresh deer.

Lapis woke up in the middle of the night. He had marvelous night-sight. His mother once took him hunting regularly at night to watch her kill and learn, which honed his gift. Every detail, every movement, was almost apart of him; that's how good he could see.

He was starved, so he was very desperate. He didn't know how to hunt, as he only watched, and never killed. Suddenly, he caught the smell of raw meat. Crawling in the undergrowth, he came to a cave.

There were dragons busy eating their food, and one was sleeping. Lapis's genuine hunger made it seem to him as if they were busy enough so that he could take some. Stealthily, he hid in the forest plants and made his way closer to the cave.

((Does this clan of dragons store their food or eat it freshly killed?))

Dharsii watched and listened as Shallen showed her the different plants. She was amazed at the variety of looks and scents they had. She looked over the ones that Shallen told her were rare to make sure to remember not to use them carelessly. Her eyes widened with child-like wonder again when he brought forth the book and told her what all it held. She felt honored to be entrusted with such a thing. When Shallen set the book in front of her she used a single claw to gently open it and slowly turned a few of the pages. She then looked up and closed the book when Shallen started to show her the plants again. He was telling her about the herb called yellow clover when he suddenly collapsed. Dharsii bolted to he feet and rushed to Shallen's side. Dharsii looped her neck under his and spread her wing under his chest to help the old white slowly get back to his feet. She nodded her head in agreement when he said he should rest, "Yes, you had better get some rest." She kept her wing and neck braced under him and began to help him towards the sleeping area of the den. Up close, she could tell that the old dragon was in a very bad way. Dharsii closed her amethyst-colored eyes and silently prayed that he would be okay.