little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Dharsii nodded her head. "Okay." She walked over to the older white's body and gently nosed under him until he was resting on her back. The young medic used her wings and tail to make sure that Shallen was kept in such a way that he would not fall off. The older white was larger and heavier than she was but she was strong enough to hold him with a bit of effort. She made her way to the front of the cave. She carried Shallen out into the clearing and gently set the old white down, setting him in a way that looked as though he was sleeping comfortably in the fading sunlight.

Vrans made his way to the announcement area and then sounded for a clan meeting. The clan must have read the ton of his calling as they looked at Shallen's body. Some stopped a few others broke down into tears. Slowly but surely they gathered

"Shallen has passed on." Vrans started "His age and the past has caught up with him. But from my last talk with him which to my suprize is when I found out about his state, he was having one of the few best times of moods. He died being cheerful and had a smile. And we have our new medic to thank for that. Dharsii. Though she's only been with us for almost a day she has done her part already. She helped one of our cherished clan members pass in peace." he said then looked directly at her "for that we all thank you. As he may have told you its rare when he's at peace. Ever since his mate died terribly its hung him down. But you came along almost as if it was a planned event to show by the gods." he said then looked at the rest of the dragons "She's our medic. She's had some training but time was too short for Shallen. But he died knowing his clan would be cared for." he finished off "At Shallen's request Dharsii will bury him beside his mates resting place so he can rest with her forever." he said.

Vrans went up to Shallen's body and gently pressed his noes to the old whites scales. After paying his respects he backed away and the rest of the clan did the same. Some with hard emotionless faces went then left with tears coming. Others had to be helped they where sobbing so hard. It was clear the clan had thought Shallen would be around forever until some disaster struck him. Which was the case just not the kind they had in mind.

Vrans went to Dharsii and sat down beside her "You got some pig paws to fill. But Shallen chose you to be the next medic. He only takes the best. He has faith in you. I'm sure you'll make him proud." Vrans said with a bit of a smile.

Dharsii hung her head during Vrans announcement to the clan. Not even lifting it when praised on helping him pass on peacefully. How could she ever measure up to Shallen? She hadn't even been here two days yet and they all were entrusting their lives to her? Some strange, scar disfigured, outsider? But she would not let Shallen down. She would do everything in her power to keep the dragons here healthy and protected. Another crimson tear slid down her face as Vrans came up beside her and spoke, "You got some big paws to fill. But Shallen chose you to be the next medic. He only takes the best. He has faith in you. I'm sure you'll make him proud." She forced a smile, "I will try my hardest to do so." She watched as the rest of the clan paid their respects to the old white, waiting until last to do soherself.

Vrans smiled a bit "Don't think about how he would feel should you mess up. No ones perfect. He knew that. We all know how much training you got before he died. But he would not have declared you the new medic if he did not think you did not have it in you." he said "Shallen will always be there for you in your thoughts. I'm sure when your needed you'll do a wonderful job. Judging by the bits and peices of herbs on the floor in the den he showed you all the key mixes ya need." he said to try to encourage her "Your no out sider, your the clans medic." he said seeing the smile faked "He knew you could do it. He did not ask you to be the best. He did not say you have to out do anyone. Just do your best, thats all we can ask for." he said.

the sky was darkening and the last of the clan members finished paying there respects. A few remained behind by Shallen and seemed to wait for something. "Those are Shallen's siblings." Vrans explained and as if on cue they came over to Vrans and Dharsii "Where told you put a smile on our brothers face before he died. Not many could do that. At anytime. Would you mind if we joined you in placing his body in his resting place?" they asked her.

((Bump?

sad.gif am I all alone now here? Guess I'll ask for a wipe soon if no one posts soon. Restart the whole thing))

((Sorry! jumping right back in! Come on everybody else, where are you all?))

Dharsii lifted her head a bit and smiled, "Thank you Vrans. I will do my best to keep the clan well." She then turned to see the other dragons waiting near Shallen and listened to Vrans explain that they were the old white's siblings. When they approached and asked if they could accompany her to bury their brother she bowed her head respectfully, "I'm glad I was able to make him smile when it was so rare for him. And of course you can come with me. You are his family after all." She then walked over to the body of her mentor and hung her head over him and payed her own respects. I won't let you down Shallen she thought after she lifted her head back up. THe young white then nosed under the older white's body and lifted him on her back. "Would you lead me to where he is to be buried?" She asked Shallen's siblings.

Shallens siblings all nodded and one came along side Dharsii while the other one started to lead. "Shallen was a troubled one when he was young." the one beside her started as they walked "He was never the best and grew to be dejected. When he was young he's always try to get the most bugs or find the best hiding spot. He wanted to be a leader at first. Then he wanted to be a fighter, but he lacked the traits needed for that stuff. His mate, believe it or not was a white fighter dragon. Though she turned him into the medic area of things. There he found out he was good at that stuff. She fought he healed.... bit backwards but worked." she said smiling "Then the human bugs came. And well after the terrible event he hardly smiled at anything. Some feared he almost resented his life there." she said smiling dropping. She looked at Dharsii "You have no idea how thankful we are that you got him to smile more then once before he passed on." she said giving a gentle hug.

Dharsii listened as Shallen's sibling told her about her mentor's past. He may not have been the best leader or fighter, but he was the best medic. I'm sure of that, she thought to herself. When Shallen's sister told her that they were thankful for her making their brother smile before he passed. "I'm glad I was able to help him pass in peace." she responded, using her wing to return the other dragoness's embrace since she had to keep her forelegs planted on the ground so she wouldn't lose Shallen from her back. SHe looked between the two other dragons. "What are your names by the way? I'm Dharsii."

Shallens sister nodded "I'm Shalales. My brother is named Haaze." she introduced. "Dharsii, thats a nice name." she said as they walked.

"Where here." Haaze said softly. He had stopped near by the river by a oddly bent tree. Looked like it should have died when it was young but was healthy and as thick it supported its self. A patch of soil had flowers and writing in dragon tongue on a stone laid down on half of the grave. "This is where his mate rests. We'll place him here." he said showing a place beside it mates spot by the tree. "He took care of both this tree when he was young and his mate the best he could. It would be fitting." he said then looked at Dharsii and Shalales.

Dharsii bowed her head respectfully, "Shalales and Haaze. Both very nice names."

She listened as Haaze told them they were there and looked at the tree in wonder for a moment. It seemed a mericle that it could be alive. She walked over and gently sat Shallen down next to the spot she intended to dig. She closed her eyes and gave her respects to Shallen's mate and begain to dig next to the grave.

Shalales and Haaze both joined her in digging the grave. "Shallen used both herbs and magic on this tree. He would leave things under it to keep it up. One point he was very scared he had lost it. We still don't understand why he felt such an attachment to this tree. His mate seemed to know but she never explained it." Haaze said as they pawed out pawfuls of dirt.

Soon after a while the grave was large enough. Haaze went into the grave and signled he was ready for Shallen's body. They would place it on Haaze's back and he would lay the body down then jump out to bury the body.

((Is this all we got left for RP'ers? I'm going to do a clean out soon. If there's anyone you would like to take over then let me know. Or they'll all turn into NPC's so we can have more chars around.))

((I'll wait for the cleanout before deciding on who I'll take over. Give people a chance to come back))

Dharsii dug in silence, wondering about the tree and what kind of power Shallen must have used to keep it alive. She then thought about how his mate must have felt now that the two of them were together again.

Once the pit was dug, she leapt out of the pit and with Shalales' help, lowered Shallen's body down into the hole so that Haaze could deposit him there before they would bury him.

Haaze received the body and gently rested Shallen down and then jumped out. He began to place the removed soil on top of Shallen. Shalales joined but slower. With each pawfull she seemed seemed to hurt. Till Haaze had to pause and confert her. "Its..... Its just that..... when he finally start smiling..... he dies..... did not.... even get.... to....." she broke down. Haaze was doing his best but it simply was not working. It was clear the realization of her brother gone for good was setting in finally. It took her a while before she could stop sobbing and the 2 silently joined Dharsii in finishing the burying.

When they had finished Shalales stood there for a bit "Good bye brother. Your with your mate again. I hope your able to enjoy the joy she gave you again." she said in a whisper.

((I still hate it when chars die..... you almost feel what the others feel as you RP it....))

((I know what you mean...))

Dharsii hung her head as Shalales broke down crying. She was struggling to hold back her own tears as it was. Each claw-full of dirt seemed to get heavier and heavier as she continued working, tears silently sliding down her face. Those from her right eye leaving crimson stains down her face.

After they finished burying Shallen, Dharsii waited as Shalales said her final goodbye and then approached the other dragoness and put her wing across her shoulders. She hung her head and said her final goodbye to her mentor as well.

Haaze had a few tears on his face and was the last to say his goodbyes. then he guided the group back to camp. Shalales was slowly calming down but she was still clearly distraught over the whole thing.

Vrans sighed looking over his clan. The death of Shallen had shaken them but thankfully he had did not go thanks to the humans weapons.

Dharsii walked back to the camp with Shallen's two siblings in silence. Once they reached the camp she stopped and bowed respectfully to them.

"I'll have to be returning to the medic den now. I have to place some of the herbs and supplies back that Shallen had been showing me." The young white did not wish to leave the company of the other dragons but she felt that she had to at least get the medic den back in order in case she was needed.

Edited by Drakossozh

((Ack sorry for the delay))

Haaze nodded and Shalahes nodded as well. eye's blood shot from crying. He lead her back to there den.

Vrans came over and sighed "Well I suppose that is the end of that. Now its time to move on. He's resting with his mate where ever us dragons go when we die." he said then looked at her "In the mean time. So far no ones been attacked by the human bugs. So your free to settle in with nothing." he said then thought for a moment "He did show you the cure.... right?" he asked.

Dharsii nodded silently to Vans as she fought back her own tears watching Haaze and Shalales leave. She could only imagine what they must be going through. She then heard him ask if Shallen had shown her the cure for the human bugs' venom and she lifted her head and nodded.

"Yes. He did. It was one of the things he taught me before he passed."

Vrans nodded and sighed in both sadness and relief. "Alright. If you want anything let me know, I'm going to head to my den." he said and gave her a reassuring smile and used his wing to give her a gentle pat on the back before staring to head back to his den.

Dharsii turned and headed towards her own den after Vrans left. She entered the medic den and set about cleaning the place up. She took some herbs that hadn't been used and put them and the bowl back in the area where the rest of the herbs were kept. She then cleared out the bedding that Shallen had died upon and burned it with her fire. She then set out some new bedding material for herself towards the back of the first room and curled up in it,laying so that if anyone came in her scared eye would not be showing as the mark still made her uncomfortable, with the book Shallen had given her and began to read it.

((Time skip till the next day? And I'm doing the clean out if no objections happen))

((Time skip is here.))

Vita woke up. Its been a few days since Dharsii took over Shallens duty's. The clan seemed to have accepted the old white had passed on. He yawned and left his den. A number of clan member had vanished.... including his mate. Felt like something was missing now. But he moved on. Maybe he would find out what happened to Crio later.

He made way to the medical den and peeked in. A few other clan members where recovering from the bugs poison. The cure was taking longer over the last few days to rid the poison. The humans must be trying to make there poison more deadly. Seeing as not one body had been found killed by the poison.

"Morning Dharsii." he said.

((This seems like a 1x1 RP now.))

Edited by little lost dragon