little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Dharsii watched and listened as her mentor showed her what to do. She replayed the words over and over in her head until she had them memorized. She also commited to memory to make sure that the claw disappeared and to destroy the potion-turned-poison if it didn't. She then listened as he explained what had been bothering him. She couldn't even begin to imagine the pain he must be experiencing. Having lost one so close to his heart. She was young and the dragons here were the first males aside from her father that she had ever seen, so could not possibly fathom the pain of losing one's mate. She was trying to think of a way to comfort him when a scent caught her nostrils. Blood! She whipped her head around and sniffed again before saying to Shallen, "Someone new is here. And they're hurt! We need to help them!" On impulse she rushed up out of the den and towards the scent of blood. It was a white striped dragon. She was pretty badly wounded, humans no doubt. The young white stopped in front of the other dragoness, realizing she had left Shallen and all of the medical supplies behind. She cursed herself inwardly before speaking to the newcomer in a calm soothing voice, "Don't be afraid. We will not harm you. Allow me and my mentor to tend your wounds. You're safe here. Just come this way please." She extended a wing towards the area where the den was to show the way.

Cascade watched a young white dragon run up to her. "You say you can help my wing?" she replied curiously, following the dragon's extended wing in the general direction. back to the den. Dharsii seemed nice and her wing wasn't going to do very well on its own. Cascade looked back at the cut. She hadn't noticed, but it was getting progressively worse. She quickened her pace, careful not to disturb her wound.

Edited by UmbreWulf

Mylan Yawned too and shook her head. Her friend was asleep but she wasn't tired so she wondered off to see if she could find anyhing worth while. She sniffed around following the scent of someone unfamilar, she followed the scent to find Cascade and Dharsii. She watched from afar, seeing Cascade's injury, she desided to stay and watch to make sure everything was okay, though she didn't make herself known. Mylan had always worried about injured dragons but her shyness made it difficut for her to help. She rarily talked to adult dragons unless she needed to do so.

Vita looked to see another new comer "Lots of new ones today... wonder whats going on out side our boarders." he muttered and walked over to the new one. "Welcome to our camp. The medic den is right over there. Get your wing and any other wounds patched then I'll speak with you once your feeling better." he said in a welcoming tone but concerned one to.

Shallen looked up at the scent of blood. "Infection.... by the smells of it. and maybe a few other things." he muttered as his apprintes went out to get the hurt one. He started to get a few things ready for there arrival. He blinked his eye's muttered a few things then his face claered up as if nothing had happened. He looked normal... on the out side.

((@Umbrewulf no. Dharsii is a young adult white))

Dharsii walked up alongside the newcomer and led her to the medic den. As they walked she saw the little purple hatchling, Mylan and gave her a friendly smile. "We can heal up that wing and any other injuries you might have. My mentor is the medic here and actually treated my injuries as well when I first arrived here. By the way, I'm Dharsii. What is your name?" She tried to be comforting and friendly to the newcomer as she led her to the medic den. Dharsii didn't want the striped dragoness to become frightened like she had herself when she had crashed here. She was certain Shallen could fix this dragoness up in no time. Upon arriving back at the den, Dharsii noticed that Shallen didn't look as upset as he had when she left. She could still sense something was wrong though.

Cascade followed her to the medic den. Only half listening because of all the sights, sounds, and throbbing of her wing she only heard, "What is your name?" Shaking her head to clear her mind Cascade said, "My name is Cascade." She looked forward to having her wing treated because the pain became increasingly strong. ((Sorry about the hatchling-adult thing. Dead brain.))

(The giggling was you. By the way wait are you talking about when you say you saw something?)

Aleron took her advice begrudgingly and wondered why she looked over at something.

((Eli don't RP my chars. I'll give them there reactions. Unless I give you permission you got no control over them.))

Vrans looked at Aleron "Its an egg." she said a bit... as if she wondered why he did not see that and held it in front of him. "don't know where its parents are but I suppose we could take it back to camp for care till the parents return." she said "Its not safe for a egg to be out here by its self."

Shallen looked up to see the new comer as well. "Extend your wing a bit. I want a good look at it." he said coming over "How did this happen? Humans?" he asked as he waited.

(sorry.)

Aleron beheld the golden glittering egg wondering what the small dragon would be like.

Vrans let him hold the egg. So little reaction to many things... or was it all in his head. She looked at him head tilted to the side "Well?" she asked. He seemed to be a bit either out of it or just lacking in expression and reaction. "How often do you see eggs?" she asked gently then got a thoughtful look "Well.. I don't know your breed at all... so I don't know what you'v seen and haven't.... she said then looked at him "If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me about your self? How you got here, your breed. I know nothing about you really." she said. She's seen many other breeds, but a ghost? He's the first.

Phayne's egg glimmered in the sunlight (if its night time, then moonlight tongue.gif). Apart from the crack near the top of the shell, it was flawless... a distinct noise could be hear from within the shell...

Cascade gently extended her wing so the medic-dragon could get a better look at it. "Yes, the humans did it. They came with their metal things and crushed my cave into the ground. One of these machines sliced my wing. They probably didn't know I was trying to take a nap after hunting, but then again, why would they care?" She sighed, not liking to recall the memory. "I ran here and came across you, the dragons."

Shallen grunted "Yep human work alright. Looks like they tried to seize you with one of there things by your wing." he said unimpressed. He went further into the den and got a few thing and returned "Dharsii, watch carefully for dealing with wing injurys we use certain herbs *names a few* they are chewed up together then placed on the injury." he explained then started to chew up some of them into the bowl.

"They don't know when to stop. I knew my territory was shrinking, but they've gone crazy! My cave was miles into the woodland!" Cascade shook her head and sighed, not understanding the strange ways of the humans. She tang of herbs floated towards her. They smell strange to Cascade, who knew very little of healing plants.

Dharsii watched and commited the list of herbs that Shallen was using for Cascade's wing injury to her memory. She then listened to Cascade's explanation of what had happened to her while she watched Shallen work on the wound. She nodded her head at Cascade's story and said, "Simlar things are happening all around it would seem. My territory was far into the tundra's of the north, miles away from the nearest human settlement. But they still hunted me down and drove me from my home, nearly killing me. But I stumbled across this territory here and was saved by the dragons here. Namely my mentor Shallen here. Though I do have a permanent present from them." She had been keeping the left side of her face to the newcomer as she had begun to do with all the dragons in an attempt to hide the scar behind her right eye. But now she turned her head to show the jagged mark to Cascade.

Cascade was not surprised to see the mark. In fact, she was greatly saddened by this. "Those humans... we, the dragons, have never wronged them. Why can't they just leave us alone? They are destroying our homes, as well as the Earth itself." She shook her head, never going to or wanting to understand the ways of the two-legged. "Are all of the dragons here because of the humans and their world of destruction?" she asked, curious to know the origin of the group.

Shallen started to treat the wing as the 2 spoke "The humans don't need a reason to harm anything. they take what they want and if you refuse to hand it over they just take by force then." he said in a annoyed manner "they want something dead, they'll make it dead." a hint of anger and sadness enterd his eye's as he said this* they want something to beat, they'll make sure it happens. they out number us 1 to a few thousand now. All we can hope for is either there stupidity ends or they die off." he said then hovered a paw over the wing and the wounds seemed to close up. After he was done he sat back as if exausted "Alright, your wing is patched up. Take it easy on it for the next day or to." he said.

( Hey off topic question but how often do you guys change sigs/avatars?)

@LLD

Aleron pondered the question for a few seconds and decided he could fully trust Vrans. " To tell you the truth I woke up in a field one night with Dragina and it was chilly.I think it was Halloween. For some reason we remembered our names but not our lineage or how we got here. We were both hatchlings/fledglings so we were scared larger dragons or wild animals would eat us. (I didn't want to call them hatchlings because real dragons would use something like fledgling but they were Hatch S2). We walked for a while seeing no reason to split up, and in the morning we came to a fork in the road. I wanted to go to the right because it led east but she wanted to head west, the direction she thought she was from. We split up but soon I got worried because I had come across a few hellfire wyverns, this is when I learned to use invisibility, and they were looking for their hunting pack which they thought headed west. I took to the air and followed Draginas scent over a few miles. When I found her she was barely ahead of a few chasing her. They got her cornered next to a tree and she froze with fear. Since I was still invisible I flew down and snuck in between her and the hellfires. I became visible scaring them and I attacked the lead one biting her tail which began to dissolve. Only a small bit was gone but it still made her tail look stumpy. Seeing this the group ran of leaving us alone. Me and Dragina have never left each others side since and I felt an urge to protect her like she was my little sister. And to answer your other question my breed are hardly ever seen because we are, by far, the most precautions species and are even wary of are own kind. Thanks to this we are a rare breed and you are most likely to see us on Halloween, our favorite holiday. We are intelligent because we can observe things in their natural habitat without them knowing. Our diet consists of a few small animals every week. We don't have to eat much because we don't use energy to do things like use muscles, pump blood, breath. We need none of those things. Flight comes easy for us mostly because we are extremely light in our natural form and most hatchlings can float before they grow wings. Thats about it. Any questions in particular?" Aleron said hoping he didn't bore her with some of the facts of Shadow Dragons.

The large pillow dragon rested on a rock on the outskirts of the territory. He panted heavily, he had just ran from his home, carrying his daughter, Lorelei. She was a white striped dragon, just like her mother. Lorelei was now playing with a small field mouse she found. She was still young, and didn't understand what just happened. She didn't understand: Her mother has most likely died to save her and her father. Luka wondered what to do now, he was still injured from the human attack, but his adrenaline kept the pai minimal, he was more worried about taking care of lorelei for now.

Mylan smiled to see the new dragon was healed. She couldn't hear what they were talking about, but she could tell they were distressed. She was used to the stress though, it's been this way for quite a long time.

Edited by teawanee

Cascade sighed in relief as the pain went away. "Thank you," she said, glad that her wing no longer hurt. "I don't mean to be a bother, but do you know of a safe place to rest? The journey here was quite long and I walked most of the way." Her feet had become sore from the miles of trekking through the dense forest and she had become thin because of days without enough food. Once this wing gets strong again, I'll go out and bring something nice back for these kind dragons. Perhaps a good, fat deer she thought to herself.

( Hey off topic question but how often do you guys change sigs/avatars?)

@LLD

Aleron pondered the question for a few seconds and decided he could fully trust Vrans. " To tell you the truth I woke up in a field one night with Dragina and it was chilly.I think it was Halloween. For some reason we remembered our names but not our lineage or how we got here. We were both hatchlings/fledglings so we were scared larger dragons or wild animals would eat us. (I didn't want to call them hatchlings because real dragons would use something like fledgling but they were Hatch S2). We walked for a while seeing no reason to split up, and in the morning we came to a fork in the road. I wanted to go to the right because it led east but she wanted to head west, the direction she thought she was from. We split up but soon I got worried because I had come across a few hellfire wyverns, this is when I learned to use invisibility, and they were looking for their hunting pack which they thought headed west. I took to the air and followed Draginas scent over a few miles. When I found her she was barely ahead of a few chasing her. They got her cornered next to a tree and she froze with fear. Since I was still invisible I flew down and snuck in between her and the hellfires. I became visible scaring them and I attacked the lead one biting her tail which began to dissolve. Only a small bit was gone but it still made her tail look stumpy. Seeing this the group ran of leaving us alone. Me and Dragina have never left each others side since and I felt an urge to protect her like she was my little sister. And to answer your other question my breed are hardly ever seen because we are, by far, the most precautions species and are even wary of are own kind. Thanks to this we are a rare breed and you are most likely to see us on Halloween, our favorite holiday. We are intelligent because we can observe things in their natural habitat without them knowing. Our diet consists of a few small animals every week. We don't have to eat much because we don't use energy to do things like use muscles, pump blood, breath. We need none of those things. Flight comes easy for us mostly because we are extremely light in our natural form and most hatchlings can float before they grow wings. Thats about it. Any questions in particular?" Aleron said hoping he didn't bore her with some of the facts of Shadow Dragons.

Vrans listened. Some points confused her, others made her wonder, others where just plain odd to her. Like the part of a favorite day, was that not a human thing? And fearing your own breed... did they have a tendency to attack each other? And flying with no wings... that sounded fun. She held the egg as she listened noting the slight noises from it as he spoke

"I too have a favorite day, its in the winter but for some reason I feel happy the most on it. Also that's when..." she broke off and a little blush seemed to appear on her face but vanished quickly "Not many of my breed survive though. Most are caught by the humans and killed for the scales, may not be worth money to them but some like to where our scales.... They have there own skin..." she shook her head.

((I'll let your imagination firgur out what she almost said there.))

Cascade sighed in relief as the pain went away. "Thank you," she said, glad that her wing no longer hurt. "I don't mean to be a bother, but do you know of a safe place to rest? The journey here was quite long and I walked most of the way." Her feet had become sore from the miles of trekking through the dense forest and she had become thin because of days without enough food. Once this wing gets strong again, I'll go out and bring something nice back for these kind dragons. Perhaps a good, fat deer she thought to herself.

Shallen sighed "Vita would be the best one to talk to about that. But if you ask me He'll offer you a place here in the camp right away. After all we seem to the only clan left in these parts. where still holding out. Humans can't have everything with out a fight." he said.

"Thank you. Where is the one called Vita?" she asked, looking around at the different dragons. "Wait... the only dragon clan left? The humans have no reason to kill us. We are not food animals." Cascade sighed once more. The humans were crazy with power.

Shallen sighed "Vita is our leader. He's the magi you most likely saw on the way in." he said seemingly very tired now if he was not already. He settled down and coughed twice. "Don't I'm not ill. If you want to know whats going on ask Vita. He knows." he said. His apprintess most likely already knew but he was, he did not have forever to live.

Cascade looked the way she had come and spotted the dragon that Shallen told her about. She walked over and said politely, "Excuse me, but your healer told me that you would know of a good place to spend the night. If so, could you please tell me?"

Dharsii looked at her mentor with a little concern when he started coughing but decided not to push the issue at the moment. She looked after Cascade as the striped dragon left and then turned back to Shallen, "You know, I never figured out where I would be staying. I will be back momentarily. Do you need me to get anything while I'm out Shallen? Supplies, food, anything?" She wanted to take as much weight off hermentor's shoulders as she possibly could.