little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Josh understood Vita perfectly, he had good reason to be nervous about something like this. "There's a first time for everything. I can talk a leader into opening peace talks, perhaps convince him to have a minimal amount of protectors, the less warriors and soldiers on either side of this the better chance this will work out. I could leave to get the leader to meet at the edge of the woods anytime, should I wait so you can make preparations?"

Vita just looked at Josh as he spoke. "Very well, Vrans, I need to have a word with you." he said and she nodded and followed him out of the cave. After they where out of hearing range Vita stopped and looked at Vrans "As the only beta who I can see around. It is your place to take my place if I do not return." he said and Vrans blinked at him "But-" she was silenced by the end of his tail making contact with her nose "I can not promise this won't be a trap. And if it is, I won't leave the clan headless in its leadership." he said. Vrans looked saddened that her leader felt the need to.

He sighed and returned to the cave and looked at the others "Which one of you wish to join me on this... endever?" he asked looking at the other dragons "Know that all other delegations have been killed. But you all seem to believe this boy so I'll give it a chance, even if I don't feel its wise." he admitted.

Although she hesitated for a moment, Runara stepped forward. "Count me in! Maybe I'm not the best with diplomacy and stuff, but I do know about some of their habits, like I said before..."

Seconds after she finished, an images of her memory suddenly flowed through her eyes.

The execution... Her deceased friend... That crazy haired human... Friend's family...

"Um... While you are deciding, can I talk with the kid for a moment?" - she suddenly asked and looked at Josh.

Josh nodded and walked a short distance away to talk with Runara. "I trust Josh, I'm in" Emeraldan announced. Talaren wanted to join but knew too many dragons would make the humans nervous, 3 maybe 4 and no more, otherwise they might be more prone to shoot first. Emeraldan whispered to Talaren "There isn't a guarentee I will return, if I don't please take care of Serina." Talaren swallowed upon hearing this. "You will be fine brother but...I was going to recommend Serina go...She is a voice of reason. They are more likely to listen to a beautiful and friendly pacifist than a group of big dragons with talons as long as their arms." Emeraldan stared at him for a moment. "I hate this more than you can imagine...but you are right, and she has a talent for persuasion, perhaps we should ask her. I'll seek Vita's permission." Emeraldan walked closer to Vita and bowed respectably. "Vita, sir, I think it would be a good idea to extend this opportunity to Serina, she is peaceful, smart, and excellent at persuasion. She would make an ideal peace talker."

Vita looked at Runara and seemed to think on it then nodded "You may, however you must not let loss cloud your sight." he said remembering her last human friend and what happened to him. He looked at Josh then nodded again "You may speak with him." he then looked at Emeralda and looked at him "While she may be gifted in that, she's in no way prepped if the humans decide to attack or worse." he said then looked away "All other delegations have been killed or captured and later killed anyway. I won't risk your clan members it is not my jurisdiction. She is only allowed to come along but after your clan leader knows whats going on." he explained "With the possiblity of my own clan losing something, I don't need to have friction start between our clans. There already will be a cizil conflict in my clan if peace is acheived. Too many years of split blood." he explained then looked back at him "While I do not condom it, she could also come along posing as a ambassador from your clan."

Josh looked to Runara, "what would you like to talk about?" Emeraldan meanwhile listened carefully to what Vita said. "You're right, it might also be a good idea for some kind of unity between the two clans but I would need to talk to both Serina and our clan's alpha. If so I should depart as soon as I can, I know the way and can make it quickly." Emeraldan focused on Vita about all delegations being killed, then to Josh, then back to Vita. "Well, there is a first time for everything, it sounds like you have every reason to doubt this, but for the sake of future generations, our young ones and theirs, we must forge a peace here and now before it is too late."

Vita sighed "Future generations...." he said as if to him self "I'll assemble a patrol to remain in the forest. I'll be expecting your responce from your clan leader by the time the sun reaches its resting place." he said then looked at the cave entrance as Vrans walked into site. Vita got up and started to leave the cave "I must ready a few things." he said though when he was starting to pass Vrans her wing extended to stop him. He gently put his paw on her wing "Vrans, if I do not return, I know you can keep the clan alive." he said before continuing and opening his wings and took low to the ground flying back to the clan banking and avoiding tree's.

Vrans watched him leave then looked at Emeraldan before stalking up to him "If he does not return I'll have your scales." she stated clearly not happy at the prospect of losing her clan leader.

A brief air of uneasiness hung around Emeraldan. He looked to Vrans with a very sober look. "If he doesn't return don't expect me to return either." He knew her concern, she was risking their leader and her very home. He craned his neck to Talaren. "Talaren, while I run to notify our clan's alpha about this, I need you to ask Serina if she...wishes to join the delegation." Emeraldan bit his tongue at the last part, he hated the thought of endangering her when it was his job to protect her, but she was the best canidate for peace talks he knew. "If so tell her to meet at this spot, I will be back by dusk and I shall have our clan's alpha with us." Talaren nodded and took off to get Serina. He began thinking to himself, Vita, Emeraldan, Serina, Josh, Runara, their clan's alpha, and himself seemed like they would fill the delegation. "Let's just hope they send tanks instead of diplomats..." Meanwhile at the cave Josh stood outside it and was ready to do what he needed to. "Give me the go-ahead when you are all ready and I'll do my best to get them to sent their leaders and diplomats." Josh walked into his cave and began building something using parts from within his pack and the bugs he destroyed, it looked like a somewhat intricate and useful device. At the clan Serina was talking with Vulcan, she was circling him berating him with questions and tested him numerous ways. "If you want forgiveness you will have to learn how to fight better in case the clan is ever attacked, I can teach you, I prefer peace, but I can teach you." Vulcan held back a small chuckle. "What would you know about fighting?" In an instant she ran about him and hit several pressure points and brought the big red to his knees. "I like peace, but don't think I can't defend myself." Vulcan groaned as he stood up slowly. "Very well, kindly...show me what you know." Serina began to teach him more basic moves at first to gauge how good he was. Not bad but lots of room for improvement, he had a lot of muscle but barely a clue how to use it right. "By the way, try anything funny and I'll kill you in your sleep" she smiled at him happily. He didn't think she was this...he didn't even know a word for how she behaved. The lesson continued on until she saw Talaren approach, his face said he had something important to say.

(Hello guys, guess who's back?)

I flapped my wings, landing in the camp with a large deer in my teeth. "Ugh. I've had a rough day."

(you've been gone a while...pm LLD and maybe read some of the pages since you've been gone...)

A brief air of uneasiness hung around Emeraldan. He looked to Vrans with a very sober look. "If he doesn't return don't expect me to return either." He knew her concern, she was risking their leader and her very home. He craned his neck to Talaren. "Talaren, while I run to notify our clan's alpha about this, I need you to ask Serina if she...wishes to join the delegation." Emeraldan bit his tongue at the last part, he hated the thought of endangering her when it was his job to protect her, but she was the best canidate for peace talks he knew. "If so tell her to meet at this spot, I will be back by dusk and I shall have our clan's alpha with us." Talaren nodded and took off to get Serina. He began thinking to himself, Vita, Emeraldan, Serina, Josh, Runara, their clan's alpha, and himself seemed like they would fill the delegation. "Let's just hope they send tanks instead of diplomats..." Meanwhile at the cave Josh stood outside it and was ready to do what he needed to. "Give me the go-ahead when you are all ready and I'll do my best to get them to sent their leaders and diplomats." Josh walked into his cave and began building something using parts from within his pack and the bugs he destroyed, it looked like a somewhat intricate and useful device. At the clan Serina was talking with Vulcan, she was circling him berating him with questions and tested him numerous ways. "If you want forgiveness you will have to learn how to fight better in case the clan is ever attacked, I can teach you, I prefer peace, but I can teach you." Vulcan held back a small chuckle. "What would you know about fighting?" In an instant she ran about him and hit several pressure points and brought the big red to his knees. "I like peace, but don't think I can't defend myself." Vulcan groaned as he stood up slowly. "Very well, kindly...show me what you know." Serina began to teach him more basic moves at first to gauge how good he was. Not bad but lots of room for improvement, he had a lot of muscle but barely a clue how to use it right. "By the way, try anything funny and I'll kill you in your sleep" she smiled at him happily. He didn't think she was this...he didn't even know a word for how she behaved. The lesson continued on until she saw Talaren approach, his face said he had something important to say.

Vrans just looked at him with narrowed eye's then left the cave and sat down at its entrance. She sighed. There was a chance she would be leading the clan soon. All because that kid was here. All the other delegations sent by the dragons always ended with blood shed. Was she even ready to lead the clan in such times? Sometimes it was all Vita could do to hold the clan together, the death of the last elder nearly tor the clan apart. The remaining elders had there den reenforced. Now..... if the clan lost Vita, there leader... would they accept her? Would she be able to keep them united? And not turn aggressive?

Vita mean while was assembling a patrol

Talaren kept his explanation brief. "Serina, we need you, come to the cave, erm you too, Vulcan, I don't trust you alone quite yet." Serina nodded and they both followed him out of the camp albeit Vulcan did so grudgingly. Soon they were at the cave and Talaren got them up to speed with what was going on. Talaren did all this remarkably fast, although Serina was quick to understand. As he was about to look for Josh he caught Vrans out of the corner of his eye, he looked closer. It looked almost as if she had seen a ghost or was very troubled. He walked closer without intruding on her space. "Vrans? are you okay? you seem troubled." While all of this went on Emeraldan ran towards his old clan as fast as he could, he sensed his wings had healed well but weren't quite ready, flying now would just reinjure them. Already he was halfway to the clan, the whole time thinking about just what he'd need to say to the alpha, it would probably take some convincing to get the alpha to come with him on the spot.

Vrans startled as Talaren seemed to show up suddenly near by her. She blinked and shook her head. "Its nothing. My concerns are nothing." she stated standing up "Just thinking on events, and the possible out comes, and the results later afterwards." she said then looked at Serina "Vita should be back soon. He may want a word with you when he does." she said then sighed "And even though he's a leader, keep watch on him. He's never ventured out on a delegation him self. He's been at risk since he started to leave the clan camp grounds as often. I got lucky, bit higher and forward and on him and I'd have to take his place and try to be the glue that keeps the clan from doing what all the others did at the start of this."

"I know you're worried about Vita and the clan but I think we actually have a good chance on this. We have Josh, with someone to break the ice and help find common ground peace stands a better chance." Talaren gave a slight smile as if he knew it would go well. Serina nodded at Vran's words, meanwhile she kept an eye on Vulcan as if he were a child that could get into trouble.

Vrans just looked at him and shook her head "You have no idea how naive you sound." she said "If peace fails I'll be the one in charge. I'll be the one appointing patrols keeping everyone fed and protected. I'll be the one holding it together. I don't think I'm ready for that last part." she said then sighed looking away "Vita dies and the clan will see one of there most peaceful dragons, killed. By yet again humans." she stated "Yet, here he is about to embark on a mission that he stopped sending other on because they never return. And even if peace is achieved.... to what end? We'll only have a small portion to aid us in the war that will ensue reguardless!" she said then looked at the ground taking deep breaths then raised her head again "But I guess we can't keep weathering the attacks. I move will have to be made sooner or later or we'll be wipped out anyway." she said "Peace or not..... Vita must see this.... why else put him self at risk?"she asked half to her self.

Vita was returning to the cave with a patrol briefing them as they went. Though he stopped suddenly at the bang of a gun shot. Followed by many more. Vita cursed under his breath as him and his patrol crouched and made a mad dash while crouched to avoid gun fire. A attack? Now of all times. And Vita did not have the protection of the clan. Only a few others. One of which dropped after a explosion, most likely a tank shot, nailed one. A gapping hole that was far too large to heal by anyone. Vita gritted his teeth when a shout came. "FREEZE if you want to live orange one!" came a booming sound. He kept going then got shot, a few dozen time but 2 shots made it past the hardened scales making him stop. "Seize him!" the booming voice said. A few dozen humans came at them the rest of the patrol growling and hissing though out gunned and numbered it was impossible to fight there way out of this one. The humans hit the others with sleeping darts and a lot of them. "Orange one, we know of your importance. Your coming with us or your pack gets to watch you die." came the voice. He got a look at the source this time, some army genral with a microphone like thing. What he saw behind them he dreaded. It looked like a huge cage to fit him.

Vrans suddenly looked over at the sound of gun shots. She looked at Taleran and the white "Now of all times." she growled before starting to head back to the clan. she paused as she heard more sounds. She bolted forward. coming to a stop a ways off her green scales helping her blend into the forestry in the shade. She almost gasped seeing Vita, surrounded by humans and a few tanks. All pointing there weapons at him.

She wanted to stop time. She wanted it to reverse and then have this never happened. A bang, a dart appeared on her leaders bright orange scales, and he dropped. To be hauled into a huge cage, the smell of blood which could be seen coming from 2 bullet holes on his right thigh. "No...." she whispered.

((Figured it was time for a plot twist. Vita's not dead yet.))

Talaren picked up on the sound and carefully followed, as did Josh, curious as to what the sound was. He got just close enough to see. "No...No...NO NO NO!" he said to himself just above a whisper. Josh mouthed the same thing and then looked like he had an idea. He looked as though he was about to run. Talaren put his tail in front of him before he could. "Now is not the time, they might kill you and everything would have been in vain." Then Talaren saw the dragon with a huge hole in his side. His eyes widened and his heart dropped. His muscles tensed, he wanted to tear those humans a new one. Josh saw this as well, disbelief in what his own kind could do, feeling almost sick to be related to those monsters. "I'm going to make this right..." Josh whispered. Then he turned and walked back to his cave. Talaren whispered to Vrans "Vrans...there's nothing we can do now, we attack and peace dies as well as all of us. We will get Vita back, he's...too important for them to harm. Josh was already at his cave and started drawing in the dirt, he had a good idea where he'd be taken and he was not going to let it all end like this. His eyes fixed on his rifle, praying he'll never have to use it on dragon or human in any situation. Soon he had a genius plan set up, with it he expected to get in, free Vita and the others, be out before anyone noticed, and still somehow be able to set up a peace delegation. It was a bit of a longshot but it was everyone's best bet. "Who dares, wins" he thought to himself.

Vrans whirled on Talaren and nearly clawed his face. Her claws inches from the males muzzle. She lowered her paw and silently started to make her way back to the one cave. Her tail and head drooped. "They have him. They know he's the clans leader. They have for a while. They just never got him because he never left the camp grounds. And now..... he's captured." she said to her self "You said who dares wins? Well, he dared, he left the safety of his clan's camp walls and guards. And now he's hurt and captured. We don't know what they will do to him, They might black mail the rest of us." she said then took a few deep breaths trying to calm down "Unless you or Josh know how to get him back with in the rest of today and tonight, I'll have to return to the clan to make sure they don't launch an assault of there own." she stated.

((Sorry for not posting. ARGH, WHY I am ALWAYS ending up make everyone WAIT? Oreon, LLD, you both can use Dragon Rage on me.))

"Alright, you might not understand, why I am telling you this, but..." - and Runara told Josh about how she have been captured by humans, how she was saved by her friend (who was, in fact, a human boy around Josh's age), who helped her to escape, how she have stumbled across this clan and how she have joined it, how she was captured again. But before she continued her tale, electric dragoness heard gunshots and a booming voice. She froze: that voice was familiar. Forgetting about Josh, she runned along with other dragons to the scene. What she saw horrified her: Vita was captured.

And she recognized the voice. Her horror immediately changed to anger. "H-him..." - she muttered, shaking uncontrollably with rage.

((If I've done something wrong, I'll change this post))

((*Uses dragon rage on TheTron852*))

The human attack group started to leave with the clans leader in the cage all weapons still pointed on him in case anyone made a rescue attempt. "Command, we finally have the beasts leader. He's in the cage, returning to base." the general said into a radio as the craft he was on lead the way.

Vita woke still on rough and only opened a eye. Play dead and see what was around him. Al weapons where pointed on him, most likely behind him as well. Throwing up barriers would not work. The cage.... metal, most likely the same alloy like the last ones he had seen. Takes time to get out of from how others struggled in these. Then they where entering some large building. The stench of dead body's hit his nose. "Ah your awake." came a voice, this time not as loud. The human must of put his voice thing down. "You'll be spending some time here and your going to do as we say. Its either that or we turn you into another failed experiment!" Vita slowly got up in the cage and gritted his teeth "Such aggressive creatures, tell me, do your rooms smell as bad as this? And I think your hospita-" he was cut off as he was suddenly being electrocuted. He passed out from the pain "Get the restrants and muzzle ready. Give him a good view of the others." the general ordered. A few men left the room and returned with small canisters. Vita would be glad if he knew what was being placed in front of him.

Mean while out side the building some other activity was going on as the humans there got ready for a attack. A few prisoner dragons where also brought out, weak and some sick, signs of there poor treatment all over there body's, inside large tubes on trailers. They where wheeled to the front lines, a crew of humans at the base of them ready to press a button. That could only do one thing in the hands of these ones, kill the one inside the large tube.

Mean while back where the rest of the patrol was a royal blue stirred. Growling she picked out the sleep darts and got up. She looked around not seeing her leader but did spot Runara. She went up to her "What happened? Where's Vita? Where did the patrol go?" she asked.

Still trembling with rage, Runara replied to royal blue dragoness with shaky voice: "H-he was captured by these humans... And..." - she glanced at dragoness, then at the others, before saying - "I somewhat k-know the one who set this up... I r-recognized him by his voice..." - she failed to say anything else, since she was now trying to calm her emotions. First her friend's death... no, murder, now this!

((SORRY ABOUT THAT O_O))

Edited by TheTron852

(Actually it was Josh thinking "who dares wins")

Talaren barely flinched as Vrans nearly struck him, he didn't care what happened to him at this point, what mattered to him was saving Vita and salvaging any chance they had for peace, he knew he would have deserved it anyway. Meanwhile Josh was quite on edge, he was about to snap in rage. He grabbed his rifle and walked out of the cave, he slung it on his back and walked to Talaren. Talaren saw the rage in his eyes right away. "Josh?" "We can't sit here and do nothing! If we wait Vita will die, if he does peace will be a dream at best, after they are through with him, peace will almost certainly never happen and they will try to wipe you out, down to the last young one. The longer we wait the more they no doubt torture him to death. I'm going to save him, this is not how it will end."

Emeraldan had just returned with his clan's alpha, well ahead of sundown, the alpha, Valerian was just as shocked as Emeraldan to see what happened. Talaren quickly explained what happened and turned back to Josh. "They will kill you if you try!" "They'll kill all of us I don't. Unless there is a better idea I'm going, I know what to do and where to go, don't worry about me." Talaren thought hard about another way. He had nothing. "Vrans, he's right, something does need to be done, they have the clan outgunned, it might not be right away but they will chip away until nothing is left." While Talaren talked to her Josh already began walking, fast enough to make a short distance but slow enough for them to say or suggest something to him. He checked the bolt, loaded a round, checked the safety to make sure it was on and prayed once more he will never need it. Valerian was confused as he was new to the whole situation, Emeraldan stared into the distance with an odd mix of rage, soberness, and hopelessness.

Vrans growled in frustration. One hand she wanted to be rescuing Vita too. But on the other she had the clan to keep together if Vita dies anyway. She looked at Valerian "While I'm not leader yet I could be very soon. Thus I'll take steps anyway. Where possibly on the verge of a open war now. We've kept it to skirmishes but, peace or not I highly doubt my clan will settle for being defensive. But we don't have the numbers to do a full on attack." she said "While we'll need to train your fighters, we need assistance and the training will set back the attack. But as the other said, if we sit back they'll chip away at us. And once where down you can bet they'll be coming after your clan next." she stated "Sorry this is all so sudden for you but, steps need to be taken in advance. Better safe then sorry in this aspect." she said

The royal blue growled then looked at the eletric dragoness in suprize "You reconize the humans voice?" she asked not knowing what she heard. "HAve you been captured before?"

(please let me know if any of this should be fixed, wanted to add spice without changing any plans)

Valerian nodded thoughtfully. "I understand...We are willing to assist in any way possible, a unification would help all of us, especially your pursuit of peace, they may listen more if they find that they can't push you around any more. We have numerous skilled warriors. As Valerian dragged onto a few more details Josh continued walking, whispering to himself "This ends now..I can't believe my own kind would do this, why?" Soon Josh was out of the woods, he hid the rifle in his clothes carefully, it hid surprisingly well. Josh saw commotion in the streets, there were people cheering and others shouting violent words and curses, yet some...watched in sorrow and pity it seemed, they were dead silent and looked defeated. They actually seemed to make up over a third of the crowd. Josh snuck around the distracted crowds and into a back entrance of some structure the vehicles and cages were going into, he didn't see anything but he heard some groans and caught the tops of cages. From the back of the building Josh could see the front door was wide open with some general giving a speech to the crowds. He silently walked up and noticed Vita, either unconscious or not far from it, but at least he was alive. It looked like he took a bit of a beating. He looked for a way to free the dragon, all he saw was an electronic pad with numbers on it, a combination was needed. Perfect, just what he needed, he would have to adjust his plan. He whispered quietly to Vita. "Vita? I'm getting you and the others out of here, the way I came in, you could land a jet and no one would even notice, but I need to figure out how to break this lock silently, short of shooting it I'm not sure." Josh kept his eyes on the general to make sure his attention stayed away from him. "The clan needs you."

(Well you just kind of put the base in the middle of a city from the sounds of it....)

Vita looked up at the sound of a familer voice. Though he hardly heard Josh above the sound of the crowds. He looked at Josh with some fight still in his eye's. He narrowed his eye's at Josh and spoke with the latent telepathic ability there kind had. "I do not know the code Josh, leave before they see you here, I can last longer still. The guards will return soon..... and even if you do free me. Look what they placed on the walls of this place. I'm told if I get close..." he stopped and looked down "I will not condemn innocent life to just gain my own freedom." he sent. The things on the walls.... as if the humans could not get more cruel. Hidden from most view, largely to stop Vita from seeing them, far smaller canisters where placed on them. Inside, if one got close, the sound of maybe an egg, or even a hatchling could be heard. "There is my kinds young in them. The one everyone refers to as the general says if I get close to them, they will be burned alive." he sent before looking up as he heard some other guards.

"Hey kid! What are you doing there? This area is off limits!" one guard stated, the other one shook his head "I know you want them gone with the rest of us kid, glad to see your eager to finish this one off, but can't let you do that, not yet at least" he said coming to a stop with his partner looking at Josh. "Wait..... you remind me of someone..... Weren't you by a wearhouse a few days or so ago?" he asked.

(it's a little close to the woods so the dragons could sneak out, the main side points towards the center) "There must be a way to free all of you. I can figure out how to disable the power and free them without them getting harmed" Josh whispered. Then the guard came, Josh's mind raced and a sense of panic nearly claimed him. Suddenly he was struck with an idea. "What warehouse? I have a couple brothers that look a lot like me, ma gets mad because they always get into things they shouldn't. His words trailed off as he looked at the dragon as if he'd never seen one before. "Why are you hurting him? He asked as innocently as he could.