little lost dragon

The Great Divide

The black paused "If its a poison then the only way to know is to test it on another dragon. which means if I'm right you would accomplish your goal of killing one of us and do you think I'll just go and test it when there's that possibility?" he asked coming over to the boy "If you where a dragon then I might test that then but your not so who's to say if it was poison that it would work on you?" he asked before turning around again "Or maybe I'll use one on Vrans next meal. She dies I hunt you down and tear each limb from your body slowly, each fingure one at a time." he said the glint in his eye showed he would do so as well. "But you won't know when. So watch your back." he said before leaving into the shadows of the forest.

"No! why are you doing this! You call us the animals yet you would kill me and and risk Vran's life!" Josh's words hit the deaf ears of trees, he tried to pursue the dragon but it was gone in a flash. "I have to warn them!" Josh began sprinting to the area where Vrans and Talaren were so he could warn them but had trouble finding them. "Vrans? Talaren?? This isn't good! Where are you?" Josh needed to find them but he didn't want to tell other dragons they were affiliated with a human, so he kept it at just under a yell. Josh was running about the area looking for them. He was sure that the vials were cure but he didn't want that black dragon to use Vrans as a Guinea pig or label her or the others traitors.

Vrans looked up from inspecting her still healing arm to Joshes voice. He sounded in a fright or scared. She got up and headed over towards the sound and emerdged from the underbrush. "Josh, where's the cure, what happened? Where you spotted by a guard?" she asked sniffing the air "You took a bit but your empty handed, I hope that does not mean the humans maybe coming over here to get you back." she said.

Josh stopped to catch his breath. "No guards spotted me and I got a box full of cure, on the way back a big black dragon ambushed me, he snatched the cure and he said that Vrans and Talaren were traitors planning to poison the clan, I tried to tell him it was cure, not poison, 500 vials of cure in that box but he believed they were intended to kill. He said he might use one on your next meal and said that if it did hurt or kill you he'd tear me apart. It is a cure but I do not want anyone to be experimented on like a guinea pig. In his mind you and Talaren are traitors trying to poison the clan, and that box was full of the poison, he also thinks that I'm some sort of pawn for a mastermind as he called it. He has the cure and I think he might be heading to the clan now."

Vrans growled half to her self "I knew this was going to happen eventually." she said "We have a few black dragons in the clan. what did this one look like?" she asked looking at Josh "If I don't deal with him soon this might split the clan which is something we can very much deal with out." she explained "And sounds like I'll be hunting for my meals only for a bit now." she said half to her self

"This one was big and he was a male, his eyes were very yellow and angry, he'd also be carrying the big metal box he took. If you see Talaren please warn him too, he thinks Talaren is a traitor too and might try something similar with him. We need to get the box back from him as well."

Dharsii watched and nodded to Runara when the electric dragoness entered the hot springs.

"Don't worry about me." she said politely, "I need to get back to Emeralden, you can find your way back to the main camp correct?" She didn't like having to leave a patient for too long, especially one who had been as wounded as Emeralden. They were not too far from camp and the path back was a pretty straight one so Runara should be able to get back on her own. In fact, with the constant electrical pulses across the electric dragon, this whole thing may have been pointless.

~

Twilight landed a short distance from Vita and dipped his head. "Sir, Dharsii has completed her examination of the new electric female and bade me have you send out all the pygmies we have to sweep the camp for any human bugs that may have hitched a ride in on her and dropped off."

Username: CrossingStar

Name: Relvaii

Type of Dragon: Moonstone

Job: (none yet)

Appearance: user posted image (Looks like any other moonstone except for the fact that his underbelly is gray.)

History: A wandering dragon from another part of the world. He has not been accepted yet, and lives on the fringes of the Animus clan.

Mate: Shimmer daughter of Ravina

Username: CrossingStar

Name: Shimmer daughter of Ravina (just Shimmer)

Type of Dragon: Moonstone

Job: (none yet)

Appearance: user posted image (Has more blue on her than most moonstone dragonelles.)

History: A wandering dragon from another part of the world. She has not been accepted yet, and lives on the fringes of the Animus clan with her mate Revaii.

Mate: Relvaii

((Hello! May I join?))

Edited by CrossingStar

(@CrossingStar, the answer is probably yes but you'll need to pm little lost dragon, give him your char sheets there)

(@CrossingStar, the answer is probably yes but you'll need to pm little lost dragon, give him your char sheets there)

(Oh. Oops!)

"This one was big and he was a male, his eyes were very yellow and angry, he'd also be carrying the big metal box he took. If you see Talaren please warn him too, he thinks Talaren is a traitor too and might try something similar with him. We need to get the box back from him as well."

Vrans seemed to be thinking "Sounds like Tashrin. He's.... he's one of those that I warned you about. He hates your kind and sees this as maybe a opportunity to maybe kill a few humans..." she said "He's not stupid enough to return tot he clan with such a box. He has helped a few patrols survive human attacks. You lucky he did not smash you to mashed human and cure." she said "If he says that out loud though there will be a cizil war in the clan. Its happened before according to the elders. Humans thought they could be bloody, you've never seen when dragon fights dragon." she said

Twilight landed a short distance from Vita and dipped his head. "Sir, Dharsii has completed her examination of the new electric female and bade me have you send out all the pygmies we have to sweep the camp for any human bugs that may have hitched a ride in on her and dropped off."

Vita nodded "Good advice, round them up for a small meeting as soon as possible by my den. I'll see who I can find in the nursery and Elder dens. You search the other 2 dens." he explained getting up.

"But of course! I have a good memory!" - smiled Runara. "I understand that your job as a healer is very important. I can tell. Our clan had once a brilliant medic..." - she suddenly stopped herself and frowned. Then she silently walked aside and laid down, deep in memories. "Gods... why our clan was spread apart..." - she thought.

Runara solemnly looked at Dharsii. "Sorry... just a wave of nostalgia. I..." - she went quiet and began to wait for the moment, when the electricity across her body will die away.

Relvaii moved slowly across the ledge of rock that he was resting on to look down over the edge. He and his mate, Shimmer, had come to this territory only the day before. Other dragons lived here, and they might be dangerous if they found two nomad moonstone dragons on their turf. But Shimmer had simply been two tired to to carry on, and there was no safety anywhere else with all the humans that surrounded this haven.

Crunch, crunch. Relvaii didn't need to turn around to know that Shimmer stood behind him.

"What are we going to do?" he asked quietly.

She hummed sadly. "I don't know..."

Twilight bowed his head respectfully to his alpha before launching back into the air. "As you command sir." He rose into the air swiftly and circled towards the camp. His flight was hurried as he approached the first of the two dens that Vita had asked him to. Landing heavily, he passed through the den, raising the alert that Vita wanted the pygmies to gather up for a meeting shortly. Once outside, he quickly launched back into the air and landing outside the next den to spread the message into that one as well.

~

Dharsii dipped her head in respect to Runara when she spoke of a wave of nostalgia.

"I understand what those can be like" she said solemnly before turning to head back to the camp. "Anyway, I must be going now. I look forward to seeing you around the camp."

With that, she left to return to her patient. She couldn't afford to stay here and talk more of nostalgia, especially with what scarred her nostalgic mindset. Once she returned to Emeralden in a few moments and stopped a short way away.

"Are we still feeling alright?" she asked with a faint smile.

(Sorry it's been a busy week of which I was always tired and what should I do with Talaren right now?)

"So what do you think he's going to do now?" Josh said nervously. "War would not be good... especially a civil war...for humans and dragons alike, is there any way we can reason with him?"

~~~

"Actually I'm doing pretty good right now." Emeraldan smiled back. Serina stepped forward. "Thank you again for all you've done for him, is there any way I can help? I don't have much experience with major injuries but I'm good at fixing minor injuries." Serina said, hoping she could be helpful and prehaps repay the dragon that helped save her mate."

Twilight bowed his head respectfully to his alpha before launching back into the air. "As you command sir." He rose into the air swiftly and circled towards the camp. His flight was hurried as he approached the first of the two dens that Vita had asked him to. Landing heavily, he passed through the den, raising the alert that Vita wanted the pygmies to gather up for a meeting shortly. Once outside, he quickly launched back into the air and landing outside the next den to spread the message into that one as well.

After most of the pygme's had been rounded up Vita explained the situation to them and then they went to work. Some could be seen but most went into the camps den's walls and barriers as they where not solid but made of a combo of mud tree's and a number of other things. As long as a human explosive met to kill them went off they held. However tunneling was not unheard of to happen in the walls and the human bugs liked to hide in them if they where tracked into the camp.

Vita looked at Twilight after he sent them off "How do the sky's look?" he asked wanting to go for a flight him self but the humans knew he was the leader of the clan, had enough bugs to notice he assumed and thus met he would be a prime target which met open air flying was largely a rare thing for him to do.

(Sorry it's been a busy week of which I was always tired and what should I do with Talaren right now?)

"So what do you think he's going to do now?" Josh said nervously. "War would not be good... especially a civil war...for humans and dragons alike, is there any way we can reason with him?"

((He could still be near by Vrans I don't know where he went as they waited for the child to return.))

Vrans looked into the distance "Right now there's not much we can do, he convinced the cure is really the poison, would not be unheard of either. Long time ago when we did allow a human into the camp they poisoned our medical supply's. He maybe thinking he just stopped a repeat of that from happening again." she explained "For now..." she paused thinking she heard the sound of dragons or some other large creature not masking there sounds. "Go back to your cave for now, I need to investigate something." she said.

Josh silently nodded and made a silent run to his cave, always keeping his head down, he crawled into the cave and covered all but his face in leaves.

~~~(Basically Talaren went off to look for Josh when he got worried and came back to see Vrans looking for the source of the noise)

"Vrans, there you are, I went to go look for Josh but..." Talaren could tell she was focused on a noise coming from close by, a noise he now heard. He would ask questions later.

Dharsii approached Emeralden and Serina.

"I'm glad to hear you are doing well." she said pleasantly. "Do you think you would be able to stand? If you can, I might be able to aid you up to more comfortable accommodations in the medic den with Serina's help."

She looked to Serina and smiled at her offer of help.

"If you help me get him up to the medic den I'll have better access to supplies and we'll be able to look him over again to see if their are any injuries that could use re-mending."

~

Twilight watched as the pygmies went about their appointed task and turned his head when Vita asked him of the skies. He let out a brief sigh and turned his gaze skyward when he answered.

"Confined..." he said, without lowering his gaze. "It's not the same as it was when I first learned to fly. Sometimes I feel as though flight is no longer a freedom, but a dangerous risk." He knew all too well that a flying dragon was an obvious and vulnerable target from below. His older brother had fallen to a human ambush party as he flew over them unaware not long after the two orphans had arrived at the divide. He also knew that many of the dragons here bore scars from the humans, both physically and emotionally.

"I probably would be able to, just won't be in a race anytime soon." Emeraldan said jokingly. Emeraldan stood up and slowly walked into the medic's den, careful not to injure himself. "Where do you need me?" he said looking to Dharsii.

Josh silently nodded and made a silent run to his cave, always keeping his head down, he crawled into the cave and covered all but his face in leaves.

~~~(Basically Talaren went off to look for Josh when he got worried and came back to see Vrans looking for the source of the noise)

"Vrans, there you are, I went to go look for Josh but..." Talaren could tell she was focused on a noise coming from close by, a noise he now heard. He would ask questions later.

Vrans looked at Talaren "I told you to just wait. Anyway I'm hearing or heard the sound of none clan dragons. I say that because I can hear them fine which means they might get swarmed with the bugs." she explained

Twilight watched as the pygmies went about their appointed task and turned his head when Vita asked him of the skies. He let out a brief sigh and turned his gaze skyward when he answered.

"Confined..." he said, without lowering his gaze. "It's not the same as it was when I first learned to fly. Sometimes I feel as though flight is no longer a freedom, but a dangerous risk." He knew all too well that a flying dragon was an obvious and vulnerable target from below. His older brother had fallen to a human ambush party as he flew over them unaware not long after the two orphans had arrived at the divide. He also knew that many of the dragons here bore scars from the humans, both physically and emotionally.

Vita sighed and nodded "Maybe one day we'll be able to fly with out risk of being pelted..... I miss flying. Being able to spread my wings with out worry of injury, take to the clouds fly around in them, then drop to the forest tree's tops and see how fast you can open your wings and adjust your course which would leave you racing through the sky." Vita said eye's distant "But at this rate my wings will be too weak to fly from lack of use." he said looking annoyed.

Dharsii quickly came up beside Emeralden and hooked herself under on of his wings to support him as they walked towards the den.

"Serina, could you get the other side please? We don't want him accidentally taking a spill." she said in a professional tone. Upon reaching the den,she pointed Emeralden to a trio of comfortable-looking nests on the side of the den opposite her own nest.

"Take your pick, they're all fresh and have room for two." she said to the mated pair before heading over to her own nest and using magic to lift up Shallen's book so that it floated just beside and behind her head as she allowed Emeralden and Serina to pick a nest to bed down in while Emeralden healed.

~

Twilight kept his gaze skyward as Vita spoke.

"Nobody's had the luxury of a free-flight in a long time sir." he said distantly, "I think all of us who remember those day's want them back. Not just for ourselves, but for our offspring as well. I just can't imagine what its like to some of the newly winged fledglings around here to not be able to fly around as they please."

Emeraldan nodded to Dharsii and Serina for her help as well "Thank you, a nap would do me well." Emeraldan chose the nest that had a fair view of outside so if anyone needed to speak with him they could find him. He sat down on one side of the nest and gestured to Serina. She sat down and snuggled next to him, puttimg a wing around Emeraldan. "I love you Serina, I'm glad you made it here safely." Serina smiled warmly. "I love you too and dont worry about me, youre the one that was hurt." "I suppose, at least my kind mate, the most beautiful dragon in the world is here to cheer me up." He smiled to Serima, she laughed and said "Kind yes, but I'm not the most beautiful, Dharsii's eyes look amazing, wish mine were purple." "I think you look great the way you are." He smiled as he went to sleep next to her. "And both of you have amazing eyes." Emeraldan said as he closed his own.

~~~

"Sorry, I was worried something would happen." He focused towards the sound. "lead on." Taladen said

Relvaii sighed and moved toward the edge of the Animus Clan's home. Perhaps it was time to make himself known. Shimmer took to the air and flew very close to the ground, hoping to find some prey. The hot sunlight was both a blessing and a curse.

Making his way towards some other dragons, Relvaii called out cautiously.

"Excuse me?"

Vrans had spotted 2 other dragons not responding to Talaren as there was no need to. But the 2 figures began to approach them. Then she heard the gliding dragons words. She blinked "Hello there." she said loud enough for the one to hear "Welcome to the clans territory." she said approaching though not aggressivly at all "Where you the one I heard a way's off?" she asked when they got to normal talking range "We'll need to check you for bugs and trackers. The humans are all over the place and making all the noise when walking around is sure to attract them." she explained "We can shelter you back at the clan if you wish to spend the night here." she offered.

Twilight kept his gaze skyward as Vita spoke.

"Nobody's had the luxury of a free-flight in a long time sir." he said distantly, "I think all of us who remember those day's want them back. Not just for ourselves, but for our offspring as well. I just can't imagine what its like to some of the newly winged fledglings around here to not be able to fly around as they please."

Vita nodded "And with lack of practice there going to suffer if the need arises for a flight away." he said sadly then seemed to brighten a bit "However one idea just came to mind. We've cleared the camp walls of trees right by it, Set up a course along the wall for low flights. Maybe we can still fly here at camp, bit small of a space but better then nothing." he explained