little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Vrans made a quiet purring sound that only the females seemed to have when it came to hatchlings. "Shhhhh little one." she said softly gently taking hold of the hatchlings for paw and removing the egg shard in her paw "Your safe now, rest now." she said in a soothing quiet voice before she slowly started to clean the hatchling with her tongue.

The hatchling did what she had needed, something to get her mind off the current events, something else to focus on. Plus, this hatchling.... she did not recognize its breed, nor did she ever see on of this born in the clan. It reminded her of her self somewhat, freshly hatched, new to the world. She would not let this one go through what she had before. "Did your parents give you a name young one before you hatched?" she sent to the hatchlings little mind telepathicly as she cleaned the little one. A feeling was rising in her chest, a protective one.

((Np))

((Ooc;; At my Grandparents house so I might not be on much till tomorrow.))

Ic;; A small rumbling purr emanated from the young hatchling's throat as she glanced up at the green-scaled dragoness just as she pulled the eggshell piece out of her paw. Flicking her forked-like tongue, she shakily maneuvered her fore-legs underneath her and slowly managed to heave herself to her paws before fixing her emerald gaze on the green-scaled dragoness and replying, "Sinare." As the female lapped at her soft skin which still was slowly developing her protective scales, she arched her back and lifted her fore-paw that used to have the egg shard in it. The white hatchling's legs wobbled as she lifted the fore-paw from the ground and collapsed again with a grunt.

Vrans smiled a bit "Sinare..... they gave you a beautiful name Sinare." she said softly. She giggles a little as Sinare fell over again before gently taking a hold of the young hatchlings scruff in her mouth "We need to move to a safer and healthy location Sinare." she sent telepathically as she lifted the little one into the air slowly her scruff firmly but softly in Vrans' mouth.

"Were going to a place where there are many dragons. Some dark colors others bright colors, all kinds of breeds." she sent happily.

Sinare lolled her head around as she laid on the ground before the green-dragoness gently picked her up by the scruff and took flight. A spike of fear erupted inside the hatchling's chest as she flailed her tiny fore-legs in fear of falling. Finally the white and green-footed hatchling tucked her legs close to her softer underbelly, wide-eyed as she watched the landscape zoom past. Her emerald gaze flicked away from the rolling ground beneath her for she felt a bit queasy from watching it and instead examined the dragoness before telepathically asking, "What's your name?"

Vrans was not flying above the tree's as that would be begging to be shot if there was a hunter around. Another reason to get back to camp with this little one. "I'm Vrans." she sent back as she avoided tree's and avoiding clipping her wings.

When they got to the camp entrances she landed as softly as she could to avoid harming the hatchling. A vine dragon guard came up to them "Have you found him? Have you hea-" the vine paused seeing the hatchling "Oh my." she said suddenly her vines giving a wiggle from there neat braiding like look on her back. Vrans gave her a nod and went into the camp "That was the camp sentry, one who keeps watch for humans. She has a bit of a soft spot for young anythings." she sent to Sinare "But here you'll be safe, get to make friends with other hatchlings." she sent as she went to the nursery den. There she paused and gently place the little hatchling on the soft sand before cleaning her again "I think I'll adopt you, treat you like your my own, how does that sound?" she sent as she cleaned Sinare gently with her tongue. "Daughter of the only beta of the clan, next in line to the leader." she sent smiling.

((Ooc;; Sorry just got back from Grandparents house ^^.))

Ic;; As the green dragoness began to land she flicked her ears at the strange darker shade of green dragon with vines sprouting from the mysterious creature. Her eyes widened as she curled herself tighter into a ball even though she was still half-way dangling from Vrans's jaws. Just as the two seemed to have a conversation it stopped and then she was carried through a area where dragons were laying and then into a cave where hatchling's bigger than her were at, only a couple were about her height. Her eye's widened as she was sat in the middle of the sandy clearing where some hatchlings turned to watch her curiously. Squeaking she backed away from Vrans's swiping tongue and into her scaled leg. Looking up at the sparkly dragoness, the white and green-footed dracling slipped between her front leg and hid behind one of her legs, peeking out slightly at the others as they watched her. Flicking her conscious at Vrans she replied, "Okay, but... why are they looking at me like that?"

Vrans bent her head down to looked at Sinare with a smile "There wondering who are you. Your a new face to them. Its alright everyone here is safe." she said then a thought occurred in her head "Maybe you'd feel better on a full belly? Are you hungry?" she asked tilting her head to the side.

Though the moment was only going for so long when a few grown up dragons came up to her "Have you seen Vita? If those humans kill him then we'll kill them!" the one in the middle, a hellfire stated others around giving war cheers before Vrans lifted her head and gave a growl that silenced the camp "No ones attacking anyone until we know the state of our leader do. I. make. my. self. CLEAR?" she asked her tail and paws protectively around Sinare. "Find something useful to do I'll give you all a report if he does not return." she said giving a growl letting the small group know there dismissed before she sighed looking exhausted.

((Ooc;; Where is everyone else?))

Ic;; Sinare blinked up at Vrans before nodding to answer her question. Flicking her emerald gaze back at the other hatchlings she then glanced over to see some huge dragons heading towards them. Curiously she poked her head out from in between Vrans's front fore-legs to watch them as the green dragoness spoke to them about something she didn't understand. The muscles of her mother seemed to relax as she dismissed them with a rumbling growl that startled the youngster for a second.

(Yes due to me not keeping up as well as i should have most of my characters got some cobwebs on them it seems)

Serina watched silently as Vrans cared for the young hatchling like a devoted mother, it was comforting that not all was gloom and the hatchling represented a chance of a future to Serina. She looked to Valerian whom was still next to her, her clan's alpha. "With Vita captured...Vrans will have to bear all of this on her shoulders, i know there's not a chance she'd surrender the important responsibilities but could you advise and assist her? The fate of this clan is on the line and needs everyone's help. "I understand Serina, but that means i would have to neglect my own duties at home, I need you to tell my advisors that I will be assissting this clan in important matters." "Understood." Serina took off to inform the advisors that Valerian would be gone longer than expected. Valerian walked into the clan and sought out Vrans. "Excuse me, I understand you will be in charge for the time being, if you need I would like to extend my assistence to you, anything you need done?" Emeraldan was sitting down quietly by Josh's cave, in an almost meditative state, while Talaren paced nervously and Vulcan leaned against a tree trying to work together with the two of them for the first time. "How can you just sit there with all of this going on!" Talaren yelled. Emeraldan, seemingly oblivious to him stood up in an instant. "I got it!" and smiled knowingly. "What is it now?" Vulcan questioned him. "With this we can save Vita and the others, and...where is josh!?" They all searched for him but he was nowhere to be found. "We lost him!" Emeraldan growled in frustration. "We need to find him to, i hope he's alright." "He seems capable" Talaren commented. "He's still very young. But you are right he seems like he could wriggle out of trouble." Emeraldan sighed. "hm, free Vita and Vrans may just give you a hug, seeing how you have a crush on her." Emeraldan teased his younger brother Talaren. "I do not!" Talaren blushed a little. "If you too will stop fooling around like hatchlings!" Vulcan ended their distraction before it barely started. "Now here's MY plan." Vulcan started drawing in the dirt what seemed to be a plan nothing short of pure brilliance. "How do you know what the city looks like?" "I might of...wandered there a few times as a young one." "Follow this plan, this clan gets their leader, Emeraldan gets the boy back, Talaren gets his hug and I earn my place here and everybody wins. Is everybody in?" Vulcan extended his paw towards them. "I'm in." Talaren put his paw in confidently, Emeraldan took longer, he had to work with the dragon that nearly killed him... Emeraldan groaned, "I'm in" and put his paw in the center. The group reviewed the plan one last time and quickly made their way closer to the city, right on the edge of the woods. They saw the situation and it was grim, Vita being carted out for execution and worse, tanks, a general and lots of troops. They made a couple edits to the plan but it would still work if they each did their part. The trio divided and went to their respective positions for the plan. Vulcan gave one a few last words before they began. "Despite what's happened I'm glad I could do this with you two, now keep your eyes on the prize and remember, we screw this up and Vita dies, most likely the others too. That happens and peace will never happen and both clans die slowly. no pressure." Emeraldan and Talaren nodded. They were all ready for what would come next.

((Ooc;; Where is everyone else?))

Ic;; Sinare blinked up at Vrans before nodding to answer her question. Flicking her emerald gaze back at the other hatchlings she then glanced over to see some huge dragons heading towards them. Curiously she poked her head out from in between Vrans's front fore-legs to watch them as the green dragoness spoke to them about something she didn't understand. The muscles of her mother seemed to relax as she dismissed them with a rumbling growl that startled the youngster for a second.

Vrans felt the hatchling startle and she gently gave her a light squeeze with her paw to try and comfort the little one before she looked up to see another dragon approach her. She was raising a paw for silence but stopped mid way and sighed again "Right now.... I just need some peace and quiet to be honest, lots happened, I'm going to take this one into the leaders den, could you fetch some soft meat as then stand guard of the dens entrance?" she asked her paws and tail still protectivly around Sinare.

Mean while as the prison convoy was being moved due to secority problems the general was not taking second chances. The orange dragon was out cold and the child that would soon find his parents dead if he did not die before them concealed in rope that tied the kid to a tank with 3 army men up close with there guns pointed at the kid. The tank armor would take the shots easily so there was no worry.

((Ooc;; Softball is starting tomorrow so I won't be on until the evenings due to practice, sorry.))

Ic;; The young white and green-footed hatchling gave a soft high-pitched rumbling noise that she made out for a purr. Her emerald gaze flicked from Vrans to the dragon that approached them. Curiously she slipped from the dragoness's paws and wiggled her rump from the green-scaled dragon's fore-legs, causing herself to stumble and ram into the other dragon's legs with a surprised squeak. Her eyes widened as she shakily lifted her head, dizzy-like and looked up at the other dragon apologetically before backing up and clumsily tripping over her own hind-legs. Sinare managed to catch herself before she collapsed onto the ground but instead just plopped herself into a sitting position and flattened her ears. Heat flushed her cheeks and a strange feeling tickled her insides, like she was... embarrassed.

((Ooc;; When should she mature? How many rp days?))

Edited by vallay111

(If i didn't specifiy i believe i said Valerian was a hellfire wyvern, and for vallay, i think if/when we did a timeskip would work out best, but I'll leave that to LLD)

Valerian was about to take off for the young one's food when said hatchling bumped into his leg. He gently craned his neck. "Hello little one, it's nice to meet you." Valerian said in a soothing voice, as if he had dealt with hatchlings his whole life. "I will be back in an instant." he spoke in a slightly more official voice to Vrans. Then he took off into the woods, but was very careful as he left not to frighten the hatchling or let his tail swing loosely. Within minutes the keen hunter spotted a fresh healthy looking mature buck, it would feed the hatchling comfortably and him as well, all the activity today was starting to make him want a nibble of food to keep him sated. He descended as silently as the breeze and killed the deer painlessly. Valerian scooped the prey in his paws and set it on a large tree stump nearby and cooked his with his breath, being a veteran at hunting and cooking he knew just how to do it, he cooked the deer so it wouldn't bleed to much while eating, was tender and not to rough for a hatchling to eat, yet not so uncooked the little one would get sick, Valerian had strong enough insides to eat anything short of outright poison. After a few careful minutes the deer was cooked well enough and Valerian carried it away back to the clan, landing next to Vrans and Sinare.

Vrans nodded before gently guiding Sinare to the den slowly helping her stay on her tiny paws as Vrans walked on 3 paws her other one helping the tiny hatchling carefully. Vrans did not know how she would be with a hatchling but she hoped she was doing alright. They had reached the dens entrance when the hellfire returned with a cooked deer.

She nodded her thanks take the deer in her mouth before resuming gently guiding the hatchling into the den. "How does some rest on a full belly sound?" she sent to the hatchling as they went.

((We could wait for a time skip but those normally only go to the next day, I had to cut this short due to time constraints though.))

((Sorry for holding my post))

"WHAT?!" - gasped Runara, as she saw as Vita was taken out on view. She grabbed Shen's shoulder - "Hold on there! You'll just waste your life trying to free him! We have to THINK about how to reach there! And... hold on... who are these three?" - she suddenly pointed at the small group of three humans.

"WHAT?!" - Alan literally jumped from Bruce's exclaim. The latter continued - "That's it! Guys, sorry, but..." - he suddenly ran off, not straight forward, but surely towards the group.

"BRUCE!" - yelled Alan - "Come back here, you crazy lunatic!... Great." - he huffed. - "He's putting himself at risk AGAIN. Derek, what now? No Bruce for now, and it's suicide to just go in there. Any ideas?"

Shen snarled and looked at Runara "What are we suppost to do about this then? Wait them out? We've done that!" she said before huffing and looking where the other dragoness was pointing.

Derek shook his head then nodded to the dragon group "I suggest we go work with that group right over there, seems they've noticed us and I'm sure they see me looking back at them." he said starting to walk towards the dragons "Head back to the HQ, let boss know the plans went to hell but I maybe making contact with the creatures where aiming to help." he said as he went.

((Ooc;; That's fine, so she'll begin to mature after today in the rp?))

Ic;; Sinare blinked up as the strange dragon lifted off into the sky and disappear into the forest. Her mother, real mother told her when she was in her egg about different types of dragons unlike herself. She told her that these types were Hellfire wyverns because she also sent images when she managed to contact the hatchling when the young Snow Angel Dragon was awake. A lump formed in her chest as if her heart turned into a rock, her throat constricted and she felt a sudden overwhelming feeling that she never really understood or felt before. Then it dissolved into nothingness again as she was ushered into a den just as the dragon arrived a couple minutes later. Once she was in the den, her gaze drifted over to Vrans and lowered her head, she hated being emotional with all these feelings that being a female comes with. For some reason, so her mother told her, males didn't have as much emotional feelings as females. Then to answer the green dragoness's question she replied telepathically, "It'll feel... strange. I hope I can chew it."

Vrans gently settled down beside the nest curling around the hatchling and put the cooked deer down before taking a bite and carefully breaking it up making sure it was tender before putting a bit down in front of Sinare "Its all ready for you now." she said softly looking tired as she took another bite from the deer for her self this time. Her motions showed how she felt and she was glad this hatchling showed when it did, it kept her busy and at least thinking of something other then the prospect of filling Vita's paws in the clan.

"Uh, sure thing. Boss really won't like this..." - muttered Alan, before walking off, mumbling something about Bruce.

"One ran off, one walked away... And that guy is walking towards us... alone." - commented Runara - "You know what? Something tells me that this Army is after him, likewise with those two others... Different outfit?"

But her precautiousness took over, and when human got close, she said loud enough for him to hear: "Now hold on there, human. Who are you? And why you're approaching us? We're in a hurry, you know, and if you are here with bad intentions..." - a spark of electricity flashed through her paw.

Bruce was running towards the crowd, thinking over the situation. Yes, he was reckless and impatient, but deep in his mind plans have been formed: one crazier than another, but all well planned... well, at least that's what he thought.

Near the crowd he slowed down, now trying to blend with other people. Deep in his pocket was a gun: fully loaded MAG-95, acquired in one of his trips to foreign countries during his work break. He never explained why he chose this gun over others, nor how did he manage to get it.

For now all Bruce needed is perfect timing, a correct moment and luck. Lots of luck.

((Don't kill meh ._.))

Derek paused and nodded "The fact you have not killed me or those others shows your not what your made out to be." he said showing his hands free of weapons "I'm part of a resistance that is aiming to free one of your own. Though seems others are at work as well as the convoy decided its needed to move now. However I have seen this situation before...... do not approach the convoy if you want your kin alive.... he has weapons that will kill him in a shot." he explained "Leave freeing him to us, once he's free we may need help. How fitting a resistance to help the dragons gets help from..... dragons." he said "As I doubt you'll want to leave right away regardless."

(If you get Vita and Josh killed I swear i will set you on fire, tron)

Valerian watched for but a moment as Vrans treated Sinare like a mother would, and this thought brought a tear to his eye which he quickly hid. He smiled and turned away to wipe the tear and stood in front of the den, watching the dragons of the clan go about their buisness as he waited to see if Vrans wished him to leave them be or assist with watching the hatchling or another duty.

It was painful for Valerian to see Vrans and Sinare like that, he had a young one he called his own once...once. Vrans and Sinare reminded him so much of his family. Long ago he was deeply in love with a beautiful dragoness named Aleea, she had been the center of his thoughts since he met her. Eventually they had an egg together and named the resulting hatchling Mirari, she was the picture of a beautiful and innocent hatchling, she was the same breed as her mother a white dragon, her feathers flowed beautiful and eyes pure as the sky. Tragedy struck when a vicious monsoon struck the clan, there was chaos and confusion as Valerian tried to find his family. He soon found Aleea and she was trying to keep as many young ones from danger as possible and lost track of Mirari for mere seconds...which was all it took, she was swept into a raging current. Valerian took off as fast as he could and was just short of her when she tumbled off a cliff with the current and he watched in horror as he saw her for the last time, just seconds too late to do anything. As soon as the storm settled Valerian told Aleea the grim news. Eventually the two tried to move on but to no avail, things were silent without the joyful playing of their daughter and soon Aleea fell into depression. She stopped eating, she stopped socializing and her health faded. Valerian couldn't bear the thought of this happening to Aleea and tried to comfort her, trying to persuade her it was possible Mirari survived, maybe she managed to fly or survive the fall. It didn't work however, Valerian sought the help of a medic dragon that told him what he already knew, she would die if this depression worsened. Desperate and out of options Valerian asked the medic to put her into a deep sleep, he talked with Aleea about it and she nodded, anything that she wouldn't think about her poor daughter. So it was done and she was kept safe, as she fell into her slumber Valerian promised he would one day find their daughter in the hope she did make it. This was 5 years ago, Aleea still sleeps and Mirari is still dead or missing and Valerian can never stay asleep, plagued by dreams of the night he lost Mirari. Once every 7 days he spends the night searching for her, more out of routine than cause by now and every single night he silently hopes and prays Mirari is still alive and out there somewhere, safe and happy. The hope is what pushes him forward every day.

Vulcan, Emeraldan and Talaren were finally in position when they noticed another group of dragon, about half a dozen or so and...a human? They paused to see what the result would be, he didn't seem hostile and it could be worth postponing their plan.

(sorry for the long irrelevant post, just wanted a sad backstory for Valerian and an option for a side plot if anyone is interested at some point)

((Ooc;; Sorry I haven't been on, Softball started and I don't get back till 5pm and then I have homework.))

Ic;; The young little hatchling glanced up at Vrans, her emerald eyes glittering with affection. Flicking her bat-like ears she made a thrumming noise as she glanced back down at the tender deer meat. Curiously she lifted a talon that now fully dried from being in the egg and tapped the meat. Her eyes narrowed as she bent her head to snap her jaws on the meat. A juicy, succulent taste erupted in her clamped jaws which was now chewing the meat with increase vigor. Now, the white and green-footed hatchling just now felt the icy claws of hunger raking it's talons against her stomach and soon she found herself tearing into the meat ravenously. Once she finished eating, it looked like she barely even made a dent since her mouth was too small to take out huge chunks of the succulent meat. After that a weird feeling arose in her throat and before she knew it, the hatchling began to hiccup every couple seconds. Every time she hiccuped her whole body shook before she laid back on the green dragoness and hiccuped again.

((Do not worry, Orion! I swear by the Holy Apple Pie, Chocolate Cookie, Delicious Pancakes and Portal Cake, that I'll save them! ...Well, at least help to.))

"Uh-huh. Thanks for the tip." - replied Runara, not noticing the group hidden behind her - "However, I'm still paranoid about you, even if you are weaponless. How can we tell that you're from this Resistance of yours, and not from the Army? Because, judging from our clan's experience, most humans turned out to be a backstabbing traitors." - she thought for a second, then added - "And who were those two?"

((Are Josh and soldiers outside or inside the tank?))

Vrans watched the little hatcling eat and smiled as the little one started to hiccup. She gently picked Sinare up in her paw and placed her by the little puddle "This is water, our leader likes to keep a small puddle here to serve as a small drink and.... he says it moistens the air too." she said before lapping at the water once showing the hatchling her cupped tongue motion "This will help you with those hiccups. Those happen when our throats need to be moistened to help move the food to your belly." she said smiling gently tracing a fingure down the hatchlings neck to her belly.

Derek nodded "We'll if I at least where to back stab you then I'd be turning both sides against me, I'm an ex guard. I left after witnessing the death of a boy because he saved a drag..... a dragon that looks strikingly like you now that I think about it." he said "Anyway, that army sees me? I'm dead, end of story. Also, if I wanted you dead then why would I give a warning about your kin? As there's too many guns there for only your numbers." he explained.

((He's out side but there's so many solders you'd need to be right there to see him, that and right above, he's got 3 riftles aimed at him))

Edited by little lost dragon

Sinare nodded, her emerald gaze nodded as she watched with some sort of concentration. Then the dracling hovered over the pool, swaying slightly as another hiccup shook the hatchling. Finally she bent her head and flicked her forked tongue in the water, cupping it like she watched Vrans did. Then she curled her tongue back into her mouth as the water trickled down her throat, canceling the obnoxious hiccuping noise.

Edited by vallay111

As Valerian poked around the camp seeing how he could assist, Serina returned. "I told the advisors, they understand." "Good, oh and may i ask, where's Emeraldan and the other two?" There was a brief moment of silence as the two of them exchanged a knowing look. "I don't even want to know..." Serina whispered. Emeraldan has always had an uncanny sense of luck though and she knew it, one time when they were hatchlings a larger, more mature one was picking on Emeraldan, when he swung at Emeraldan he missed because Emeraldan sneezed ducked out of reflex. The other hatchling tried to put so much force into it he lost balance and rolled down the hill that was behind Emeraldan and stopped after smacking into a tree. "I'll try and figure out where everyone ran off to." "Sounds good, I'll stay here and if Vrans runs of uses for me I'll join you." Valerian turned back to waiting for anything Vrans would say after nurturing the hatchling and Serina ran off to where she last saw Emeralan.

Meanwhile at the edge of the city Emeraldan, Talaren and Vulcan were moving towards their positions. Emeraldan quietly followed the empty streets where it was planned he'd go. Apparently these people had nothing better to do that go to a public execution...unless they didn't have a choice. He made sure give the convoy a wide berth and to not be seen. It wasn't long before he was exactly where he needed to be, Talaren quickly made his way to the top of a building, he made sure to be as silent as possible and where no one would see, he hopped a few rooftops, cushioning each step so as to be noisy as a pillow falling, which took a good deal of concentration for a dragon. Vulcan moved into his position for the plan. He weaved in between building until he had a view on the convoy, but they couldn't see him. As they made final preparations Talaren spotted Serina at the edge of the woods. He spoke to her telepathically, telling her to hide, it was all under control. Serina refused, she stayed where she was however, just stone's throw away from Vulcan but she was still in the woods. Vulcan spoke telepathically to Emeraldan alone "I wanted to say I'm sorry once more for what I did, it was pathetic and I deserved all I got. If this plan goes south and i don't make it, please tell the others I died making things right. "No one's perfect, and we're all going to be fine." Emeraldan told him confidently, although he was still trying to convince himself of the same thing. Seeing that they would not stop their plan Serina turned back into the woods and raced back to the camp. "Valerian, it's important, the three of them seem to have made some kind of plan and they won't back down from it, in the least we should support them if any of them are going to make it back alive." Valerian groaned in frustration, but he would help nonetheless. "Vrans, Serina and I are going to help the others, they came up with some plan and are going through with it so we must try to help if they are going to survive, I am sorry." Serina turned already to head back quickly before it was too late. Valerian followed swiftly, when they returned all three of the others were in position and waiting as the convoy moved, it seemed to be almost lined up with whatever they had planed. Valerian and Serina stayed hidden, prepared to aid if something went wrong.