little lost dragon

The Great Divide

The guards looked at each other then back at Josh "Son, perhaps you should come with us. We can answer all your questions later. Are your parents here?" one asked and the other just looked at Josh and shook his head "Never mind if his parents are here. He should know what goes on with dragons. You remind me of another boy I once helped catch." he said comig up to Josh and grabbing the boy's shirt "Your coming with us, and your going to be asked some questions." he said

Vita could do nothing but watch as the guards advanced on the boy. He knew what would happen if he tried to break out. More shocking and then he would pass out. One of the guards pulled out a radio like device and spoke into it.

"Why are there no officers here? You all already know the generals speech get back to work!" he said before putting it away. More guards came in noticing Josh before taking there places at the systems and control panels.

Josh played along but knew something wasn't right. He still had the rifle hidden on him, if worst came to worst...he swallowed and went with the men. Fearful of what they would do.

The guards took Josh to a room with 2 more guards on either side of the door. They sat Josh down in a chair and tied his hands behind his back behind the chair before they took there hands off him. "Alright kid. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. You chose." then the mean one went up to him "Where were you at 12 yesterday? Name exactly what you where doing." he asked "Don't forget, we got camera's in many places and there's been talk of someone missing, perhaps its you. Now would that not be jackpot for us." he said before backing up to let Josh speak.

Josh calmly answered very convincingly, "I was with my friend Allen playing checkers at that time...no wait, we finished checkers by then and he taught me how to paint better, I've been trying to get better at it." Josh felt confident with this, Allen always covered him when he needed it, even if he wasn't given a heads up.

One guard suddenly looked annoyed "Oh you where? Alright, maybe you would like to point us to exactly where you played this game of checkers. We know of this Allen, he was questioned when your school called home wondering where you where. With your parents puttign our men on a wild goose chase, yes supposedly you where at a uncles, then suddenly you where out of the boarders, but look who's here. Location. Now!"

Josh suddenly got serious in a hurry. "I was with my father, in the woods, I was hunting with him and he saw a dragon, he shot at it and killed it. Another one saw and my dad ran as fast as he could with me, but I tripped and ended up buried in a pile of leaves, soon my dad and the dragon were gone, I got lost in the woods and I thought the dragon killed my dad. I saw that dragon back there and he seemed important. I wanted to kill it myself." Josh told the first part truthfully, then made a plausible lie, whatever might happen he mentally prepared to fight back should they try something.

The guards looked at each other "Your father made no mention of this... encounter my boy. Please explain why the dragon spared your father and why your own father left you in the woods for so long with out sending a search permit or anything of the sort." he said not hiding a smile. The boy was only making things worse for him self. "How many story's do you have boy? Maybe one will end up similar to where we got from your parents."

Josh pretended to finally understand what they were getting at. "I'm no dragon hugger if that's what you're after, I hate them as much as you do, what is it you want, get to the point please, I'm not blind." Josh flexed his legs ready to escape while his eyes scanned for anything he could use to his advantage.

One of the guards snapped his fingures "Oh yes your not blind I almost forgot. Hey anyone got a blind fold? Boy's suddenly saying his no dragon hugger." he said and the other guard laughed some what "And how do we know your telling the truth mister what are you doing to that dragon?" the one guard asked.

"seeing if there was a way i could electrocute it completely, and what's the point in a blind fold, I already know where I'm at, also, what reason would I have to like dragons? One tried to kill me when I got lost, totally love that." Josh hoped a hint of sarcasm would do something help but even he knew this wouldn't end with a pat on the back and a farewell.

The guards could not help but laugh some more "Oh look suddenly kid survives dragons trying to kill him. He's what.... 7 years old?" some more laughter came from that. "Sorry kid, maybe your amusing us will let you live through this." he said before going to Joshes back and hoisting the chair off the ground "He's not even that heavy. Maybe he weighs no more then my dog." he said "Oh who knows maybe he really did kill a dragon.... that's a hatchling." more laughter.

"it was a little taller than you, and I'm ten. I didn't kill it, I just ran really fast after shooting it in the leg. I guess it wanted to hug me...with it's teeth, yeah teeth are usually pointy and hurt." Josh worked desperately to keep them laughing, it helped his life expectancy.

The guards laughed a little more before another came and tied up Josh's legs to the chair legs and blind folding him. "Ok dragon slayer, got anything else to say? You took down a dragon, takes us a whole team. Lets see you take one of us out." they laughed some more.

"I shot it in the leg, you usually don't have a lot of time to aim when one is trying to kill you. Again though, why the blindfold? I know where I'm at already." Josh's mind was racing, he still had the gun and if they unbind him he can use it and escape. Still...he might face an ultimatum, trapped with his own kind, the real monsters, or escape to the dragons. He would still need to figure out how to free vita and the young ones. The clock was ticking and he needed a plan. FAST.

The guards stopped laughing as soon as Josh asked about the blind fold "Why not the blind fold? If you know where you are already then why the concern?" one asked "Alright, time to take him to the judge, Who knows boy, you'll be allowed to live. WOrst case, worst that can happen to you is death. Or would you rather have us leave you at the dragons mercy?"

"If you are all so much stronger than me than why do I need to be tied to a chair and blindfolded." Josh sighed, "Well today sure has gone great, how about yours?"

The guards just shrugged "Protocol I suppose." one said "As for our day, I'd say its gone wonderful. We got the dragon packs leader." another said as they started to leave the room with Josh blind folded and bound to the chair "Might I add, many have sat in that chair, maybe you'll get to join them." another said and they laughed a little.

"The orange one? And if you're going to kill me can I at least be untied? Josh was thinking hard, one moment free and he can do what he needs to...

The guards chuckled a little "Well no not the orange one, he's a little large for this chair. But if you want to feel like you had the honor of sitting in one then by all means." they said laughing again. "No you'll most likely die from say being bled or maybe poisons. Dragon huggers don't get the fast methods of death." they said

"I can prove I'm not a dragon hugger, I'll kill one if given the chance. Untie me and let me prove I'm not some dragon hugging traitor!"

"Twice, actually. And both times I was saved. But the second time..." - there Runara shook her head - "...Actually, nevermind that. We should wake the rest of the team and-- Oh, by the thunders..." - she suddenly gasped in horror upon seeing a dead dragon with a wide hole in his body. A tank shot.

"That's it. THAT'S IT! That general is on death list!" - Runara growled in rage.

The guards just laughed "So eager to get near one all of the sudden? MAybe you'll just be put in prison then. When we have one not so important to kill then maybe we'll get you to kill it." they said laughing at him now.

The royal blue growled "Well.... what ever happened, I'm all for getting some pay back!" she said looking at Runara "We maybe able to get him back and do some damage if we do a quick hit and run attack. Go in, free our leader, burn have the place or something and leave." she said.

"Aww, for me? I'm so flattered, I must be the luckiest boy in the world!" Josh said sarcastically as possible. One second...that's all he needed and he could break free, save the dragons and get out fast.

"If I'll not be captured yet again." - weakly laughed Runara, strangely. Looking over sleeping dragons, she added - "And... these are sleeping darts. They should wake up soon." - then she suddenly ran in human city's direction, where Vita has been taken.

Meanwhile...

"Are you sure we need to save that kid? You know the orders: he's suspicious and knows too much..." - whispered one man in the crowd.

"Aw, c'mon, Alan! You have to give him a chance!" - replied another.

"Still, orders are orders. We should dispatch him before--"

"Orders my rear! Look, he's just a child! He's, like, ten years!"

"...Fine. But keep an eye on kid. Who knows..." - and they quietly left the crowd of people.

((Don't kill meh ._.))

Edited by TheTron852

The royal blue grabbed Runara's tail to stop her "Wait, if we let the rest of my patrol wake, we'll have that many more to help us out here." she explained as the others started to stir.

"We need a window first." another one said quietly with the small group "There's still the question of getting through there men. They have a small army here after all." he finished off saying.

The guards laughed "Oh yes your a lucky boy. Really I think you should be killed. But your sudden eagerness to kill a dragon, you'll get the chance to prove it.... later." he said.