little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Vrans had spotted 2 other dragons not responding to Talaren as there was no need to. But the 2 figures began to approach them. Then she heard the gliding dragons words. She blinked "Hello there." she said loud enough for the one to hear "Welcome to the clans territory." she said approaching though not aggressivly at all "Where you the one I heard a way's off?" she asked when they got to normal talking range "We'll need to check you for bugs and trackers. The humans are all over the place and making all the noise when walking around is sure to attract them." she explained "We can shelter you back at the clan if you wish to spend the night here." she offered.

Shimmer nodded quietly, seeing that this dragon was clearly practical and no-nonsense.

"What is your name, then? I am Shimmer."

"And I am Relvaii," her mate rumbled from behind her. Shimmer had stepped in front of him slightly, and he didn't mind - he was the shyer of the two.

Vrans nodded "I'm called Vrans and Talaren maybe near by as well." she said with a nod "If I may ask did the humans drive you here?" she asked "If so your not the first or last, our clan is a welcoming one. all that is requiered if you join is you doing something, could be as simple as helping take care of the hatchlings to hunting for the elders." she explained "Out side here though maybe safe from hostile dragons but we have to be careful of other humans still. There bugs are too small to see until there near by you." she explained

Dharsii was a a mixture of heart-warmed and jealous of the two love-struck dragons before her. Part of her was deeply glad that the two were reunited and seemed so happy together. While the other part, which she kept hidden within with a good-natured smile, was jealous of that happiness. Though being the clan medic demanded much of her time, she'd always wished for a mate of her own, even before coming to the divide. The barren northern mountains had never produced a chance for her though, the only male she had known to still live there when she fled being her erratic brother.

She wondered for a moment if the black dragon still managed to live up there or if he had been driven out or even slain. The thought of her brother being slain saddened her. Though they had never been close and he'd constantly made fun of her off-colored eyes, he was still family. She managed to push away the thoughts to the back of her mind for another time and focus back on Emeralden and Serina's conversation near its conclusion,just in time to hear them both compliment her eyes. The compliments caused her face to flush with color.

"You're both too kind," she said modestly, using her wing to lightly touch the medical covering over the right side of her face that hid her scar and eye on that side. It was beginning to wear out and she knew she had to obtain new materials for it quickly before the dirty cloth became a worse eyesore than her scars. She'd tried to cover up most of the larger scars on her body, with a little success, but those covers also needed replacement as they too had been stained by her recently healed wounds.

~

Twilight looked to the wall surrounding the clan's main camp.

"A course? You mean of obstacles and such for the young fliers to test themselves with?" he asked. He was fairly sure he knew what Vita meant by it and also knew the truth behind his words that the newly winged needed practice.

"What would you have me use to make such a thing?" he asked dutifully. Physical labor was no big issue to him. As a routine patroler of their territory, he was strong and knew where just about all the supplies that could be needed were at.

Vrans nodded "I'm called Vrans and Talaren maybe near by as well." she said with a nod "If I may ask did the humans drive you here?" she asked "If so your not the first or last, our clan is a welcoming one. all that is requiered if you join is you doing something, could be as simple as helping take care of the hatchlings to hunting for the elders." she explained "Out side here though maybe safe from hostile dragons but we have to be careful of other humans still. There bugs are too small to see until there near by you." she explained

"Nice to meet you, Vrans. I think it would be good to have a clan again, after being on the run for so long. Humans did drive us from our original clans, and we've been traveling ever since," Shimmer said. "Maybe Relvaii would be good at helping the healers?" she suggested as an afterthought.

Behind her, Relvaii nodded thoughtfully. He'd had training as a medic before the humans forced him from his clan, after all.

Serina smiled. "Emeraldan is the one the can be too kind, once we were walking through the clan a young whiptail was running about carrying supplies and crashed right into Emeraldan, not paying attention. Both of them were knocked down and Emeraldan was the one apologizing and helping to pick up the supplies the clumsy whiptail dropped, the look on his poor face, he was confused because he thought he was going to get yelled at. When he had all of his supplies the whiptail took off again but payed more attention. I laughed so hard Emeraldan had to remind me to breathe." Emeraldan's eyes were still closed but he whispered. "If I had payed attention to him coming he wouldn't have crashed." "He came out of nowhere." "still..." Emeraldan whispered. Then Serina slowly eased up and stood next to Emeraldan. "Dharsii, do you have time to teach me a few things? I want to learn how to heal others should they get more than a few cuts and scrapes."

((Sorry: was playing too much Neverwinter Nights. And before anyone asks: NO, I am not a crazed fan of Aribeth.))

Finally the water on Runara's scales have dried out on the sun, and the sparks have died out. The dragoness then reminded herself about the directions and followed down a path back to the clan. Dharsii was right: the path itself was straight and not hard to remember. On her way Runara thought about helping the clan, so she decided to look for a work, because she wasn't the type of dragons, who would just sit and do nothing at all.

"Nice to meet you, Vrans. I think it would be good to have a clan again, after being on the run for so long. Humans did drive us from our original clans, and we've been traveling ever since," Shimmer said. "Maybe Relvaii would be good at helping the healers?" she suggested as an afterthought.

Behind her, Relvaii nodded thoughtfully. He'd had training as a medic before the humans forced him from his clan, after all.

Vrans nodded "Many come here driven from homes caves sky's just about any way place or method. Some.... hardly survive a day once they get tot he camp, but we do our best to let them know that there cared for." she explained then showed he healing paw "Some that are poisoned are not as lucky as I, on that note, to avoid finding out how you'll react to the poison which is carried by the bugs, you'll be much safer in the camp." she explained "But another medic would be nice, more minds are always better, we have yet to formulate a pentameter cure for it." she explained. "But we do have a treatment." she assured them

"Hmm...I think you would be a good hunter or caretaker, Shimmer," Relvaii murmured quietly. His mate nodded approvingly.

"I do like hatchlings, Vrans, if you need someone to watch them."

((@LLD Twilight is awaiting a response from Vita, but no rush smile.gif ))

Dharsii smiled at how kind Emeraldan was according to Serina's story. It was somewhat heartwarming how kind he had been to the other dragon. Turning her attention to Serina's question, she spoke.

"Well, what sort of things would you like to know?" she asked,allowing Shallen's book to move around to hover before her and open as she snuck a quick glance at the cave entrance to see if the sun had set yet. "There are many things in this book that I could teach you with the right supplies, which I do have present here for just about all of them." She made a mental note to recheck her stocks of supplies the next day as she spoke.

(similarly Talaren is waiting for something to do)

Serina looked curiously at the book when it moved. "I would like to learn how to fix up injuries more efficiently, I've had some practice fixing Emeraldan's injuries over the years. He heals remarkably well from what I've seen but he tends to be somewhat injury prone. I want to be skilled enough to reliably heal others, what do you think I should learn first?"

Twilight looked to the wall surrounding the clan's main camp.

"A course? You mean of obstacles and such for the young fliers to test themselves with?" he asked. He was fairly sure he knew what Vita meant by it and also knew the truth behind his words that the newly winged needed practice.

"What would you have me use to make such a thing?" he asked dutifully. Physical labor was no big issue to him. As a routine patroler of their territory, he was strong and knew where just about all the supplies that could be needed were at.

((Missed this my bad))

Vita nodded "We can use old logs and use the camps barricades as a way to keep them up. Keep them spaced out for a grown dragon to fly in between at half wing length least all around the camp, pockets here and there where things are more spaced apart, it maybe crowded.... and not something to practice speed with but its a start." he explained.

"Hmm...I think you would be a good hunter or caretaker, Shimmer," Relvaii murmured quietly. His mate nodded approvingly.

"I do like hatchlings, Vrans, if you need someone to watch them."

Vrans nodded "Another pair of eye's to keep them safe is always welcome. More eye's less chance of them being poisoned and killed. Along with just making sure they don't wonder off, little things always love to explore too much for there own good." she said smiling a bit "Lets get you 2 introduced to the clan leader." she said starting to head towards the camp signalling the others to follow with her tail.

(similarly Talaren is waiting for something to do)

((Last I saw of him he said "Lead on" and then you stopped posting with him, he could be following or sitting there I dunnu I need you to post detail on him too not have him a walk statue.

And you guys I need you to post more then once a week cause otherwise the RP is as good as dead. No worries CrossingStar your activity is fine.))

Edited by little lost dragon

Talaren walked to catch up and keep pace with Vrans. "Vrans I'm going to go check on our other guest, I'll meet you back at the camp." Talaren began on a calm walk to Josh's cave, he wanted to make sure Vrans knew what he was going to do while making sure the newcomers didn't find out about Josh. After a short walk Talaren found Josh's cave. Talaren quietly poked his head in and saw Josh pacing around nervously. "Something bothering you?" Talaren whispered but this startled Josh before he realized it was Talaren. "Yes, the big black dragon that took the box full of cure that would like to kill me. I don't know where he is or what he's doing or what he plans to do, we can't just sit here." "I agree sitting idle isn't the best idea but what do you propose we do." Josh swallowed and produced a small vial from his pocket and held it in his hand. Talaren looked at him curiously. "Josh...what is that?" "A vial of cure, I took out a vial just after I got back to the woods, I wanted to see what it looked like and to be doubly sure it was cure, it was all I had left after that dragon took the rest. I know it is cure but I'm not exactly sure what else, it could have side effects, ranging from something like a mild stomach ache to hallucinations and mood swings. If given to dragons it would probably only cure one, maybe two on its own. Without a test I'm not sure what kind of side effects there are, they could be negligible or...dangerous." Talaren looked at him calmly for a moment, unsure what to think. "What if I volunteered to be tested on, I trust you about it being cure, so far at least. If the side effects are bad I could seek out the medic." Josh looked at him with worry. "There has to be a way to get everyone cured without endangering you." Talaren was surprised but appreciative of his concern. "What if we take this to the medic, if anyone could determine the side effects it would be her, I'll need to talk to Vrans first though. I'll go find her, in the mean time keep that vial safe and hidden. I'll be back before nightfall." Talaren said as he walked to the camp to find Vrans, he would need to clear it with her before he even thought about bringing another dragon in on the secret.

Shimmer and Relvaii both felt the nervous butterflies starting to flutter in their chests. Meeting the clan leader? How quickly these dragons had accepted them! It was amazing, really, to feel this kind of kinship. They hadn't had a clan for many years.

Following Vrans, they watched as some other dragons came up to consult with her. What could that be about?

'Vrans is clearly one of the more important dragons here, so it's probably something to do with running this clan," Shimmer noted aloud, keeping her voice down.

Vrans nodded as Talaren explained where he going and lead the 2 new comers to the clan. she over heard the talk behind her and smiled a little "Your currently following the only beta of the clan. Don't worry about being judged. Only kind we've had trouble with besides humans are vamps. The clan has almost any breed you can think of." she explained as they went "Vita the alpha is a caring dragon, he does not believe in most of the things other clans may demand. You can be a mixed breed or pure poisoned injured healthy..... as long as you don't try to kill him or any other clan member your welcome to stay as well as join if you wish, the more dragons in the clan the greater our numbers are the greater survival is. We've held our own against more then one human attacks as well." she explained "All in all you will be safe and cared for in the clan." she finished off saying glancing over her shoulder giving them a friendly look.

Upon reaching the clan area, Runara thought about what work she could do. "What if I could ask Vita, Vrans or Dharsii about the work? Maybe they'll provide me with something to do." - she thought, then she decided to look for Vrans first and walked to the random direction. However she had less luck than with Dharsii and couldn't find the beta. "Great. It's like hide-and-seek without the rules!" - she thought.

Shimmer nodded, and Relvaii did not comment. There were just so many dragons that he felt a bit overrun. It was safe here, though, and that was all that counted.

Dharsii tilted her head back in a bit of thought before focusing her gaze back on Shallen's book, using magic to flip several of the pages to look at the page with the formula for the antidote that cured the venom of the human bugs that had felled so many dragons.

"I suppose it could never hurt to have another dragon who knows how to cure the venom of the humans that are plaguing our land with their machines." she said, turning to Serina and allowing the floating book to turn to allow her to see the page. "Would you be interested?" It would be a great help to all dragons to at least know how to stave off the venom for a while.

~

Twilight bobbed his head dutifully as Vita explained what he would like done for the flight course, mentally mapping out the best way to set it up.

"I'll go notify another fast flier to take up my spot on the patrol for now while I set this course up for the young ones." he said, backing up and beating his wings to rise into the air, "I'll notify you upon its completion sir!" he called sown before veering off towards the rest of the camp. He passed over a nebula of similar age to his own who was also a scout and after a brief conversation on the wing the nebula agreed to take over his shift in return for Twilight filling in for him if needed in the future.

Once that was done, he swooped in low towards the forest. Noticing Runara seemed to be searching for someone or something, he twisted and circled above the electric dragoness.

"Need any help there?" he called down to her.

"Sure, any way I can be of use." Serina smiled and walked closer to see the book a little better."

~~~

After a short trek through the woods Talaren caught a glimpse of Vrans, he walked up closer to her and said "Vrans, when you aren't busy I need to talk to you, I have good news and bad news."

"Huh?" - Runara looked up and saw the very same dragon, who took her to Vita before. - "Oh, good day to you! Well, I'm actually looking for work around here. I thought up on looking for Vrans for that, but... well, as you can see, I am having a bad luck." - she looked around, as to justify her words.

Username: DayGloryNightGlory

Name: Poison Ivy and Venus Flytrap

Type of Dragon: Spotted Greenwings

Job: Both Gamma Females

Appearance: Normal Greenwings, really.

History: (optional)

Mate: Neither of them have a mate.

Other: Schnoozeberries.

Edited by DayGloryNightGlory

((Uh, DayGloryNightGlory, you need to send the character sheet to little lost dragon (user) via PM to be accepted.))

((sorry, I meant to post last night but ran out of time sad.gif ))

Dharsii stepped backwards away from Serina and walked towards the tunnel where she kept her supplies to make medicines.

"Please follow me." she said kindly. "We'll be right back Emeralden."

She descended into the tunnel and towards the storage room before stopping to turn around and allowing the book to open for Serina to see the page within.

It listed:

Dwarf's beard

Viper tongue

Elf's ear

Moonglory

Darkstone Moss

Each of them had a sketch next to it of what the plant named looked like. Dwarf's beard and Darkstone were both mosses. Viper tongue was a split-stemmed plant witha single long, thin pod at the end of each fork. Elf's ear had long pointy leaves that pointed up from their hanging plant. Moonglory was a tube-shaped flower.

"Do you recognize any of these plants?" Dharsii asked Sirena.

~

Twilight dropped down and landed a short distance away from Runara.

"If you're looking for work around here, I may have something for you to do." He said good-naturedly, "Vita has given me the task of building a flight course for the newly-winged fledglings to test themselves on. If you're interested, I would be glad to have some help gathering the supplies we need."

"Yes, I've seen a couple of them before but I didn't know what they were, Emeraldan likes to collect unusual things and put them in his cave back at the other clan, he has quite the interesting collection and when I asked him what most of them were he didn't know." Serina looked at her thinking back to all the things she had seen Emeraldan collect.

"Hmm... building a flight course for the young dragons... Sounds good. Count me in!" - energetically nodded Runara, then she thought: "Ok, I am taking back my previously said words about finding a work.". - and she asked Twilight - "Which supplies do I need to gather?"

She felt very excited. That was the second time when she helped to set up a flight course. The first one was during her time back at her clan's place. She knew that it was necessary, when one needed his or her hatchlings to grow up with a decent flight skill.

Edited by TheTron852