little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Vrans smiled as the little hatchling stopped hiccuping. "There, now you got a full belly and your not hiccuping." she said gently stroking Sinare with the tip of her tail with the tuff of fur. She was smiling softly till she heard Valerian suddenly say a rescue thing was under way. And before she could say a word the dam hellfire had already taken off. So much for assisting who he came for. There clan would never survive what this clan went through with that sort of action. Could not even stick to there word.

Vrans sighed and just wished time out side the den would freeze. Freeze forever and everyone with it. Things just kept adding on. Now 6-9 of her clans dragons may end up dead and 3-4 including another clans leader on top of it. And it would all end up on her back if Vita did not return alive.

The thoughts hurt to think about, she did not see what Vita saw in her, he thought she'd be good as the next, next in line to lead the clan. Now that the prospect was staring her in the face.... it frightened her. And it was more then just becoming leader, it was taking the clan and deaths of others and possibly the death of another clans leader. Dam it why was it all falling apart?

As Serina and Valerian were running to the edge of the woods Valerian saw the situation, then he hung his head low. "What's wrong?" "I promised Vrans I'd help take care of the hatchling she found." "I'm sorry, but we need to-" Valerian cut her off for a moment. "The last time I broke a promise...I lost Mirari." Serina was one of the few dragons he trusted such personal details with openly, she was almost like an adopted daughter to him. "Oh...look I should be enough to handle whatever they need help with, and if something does go wrong Vrans will need all the experience at the clan she can get, and Valerian, Mirari wasn't your fault." "That's what I keep telling myself. And I suppose you are right, I'll head back, it looks like the three of them have a decent plan, i can see what they must be thinking." Valerian began walking back to the clan. "I'm sorry I dragged you away from your promise." Serina told him. "It's ok, and you know as well as I do that if all this gets worse, there won't be any hatchlings to even take care of. Be careful." Serina turned back to the city to support when or if necessary.

Sinare made a slight purring noise as Vrans stroked her back until she realized that the green-dragoness suddenly stopped. Craning her neck from the pool of water, she reared on her hind-legs and twisted around before placing her front paws on Vrans's forelegs making a whimpering noise for she felt her mother's distress emanating from the bright-scaled dam. Rubbing her head against the dragoness's foreleg, Sinare tried to comfort the female as she went back on four paws and curled around one of Vrans's legs.

"Fair en- Wait a second..." - Runara approached Derek up close. - "You saw... him? That boy?" - then she muttered something like 'Daniel', before starting to shake. However it stopped almost immediately. Electric then looked back at Shen. "I don't know what to say anymore. I-I just-"

"Derek!" - a voice suddenly trailed through Derek's and dragons' ears. Then Alan ran up to them, huge smile on his face. - "We are in big luck! I just met Victor on my way here. He said that he'll forward the news to Boss, but that's not it!" - then he calmed down a little. - "Sorry, got overexcited by all of this. And..." - he looked at the group of dragons, and his face got slightly paler - "Derek, did you...?"

((DON'T KILL MEH o_o'))

Edited by TheTron852

Sinare made a slight purring noise as Vrans stroked her back until she realized that the green-dragoness suddenly stopped. Craning her neck from the pool of water, she reared on her hind-legs and twisted around before placing her front paws on Vrans's forelegs making a whimpering noise for she felt her mother's distress emanating from the bright-scaled dam. Rubbing her head against the dragoness's foreleg, Sinare tried to comfort the female as she went back on four paws and curled around one of Vrans's legs.

Vrans smiled a bit as Sinare tried to comfort her. She bent her head down gently nuzzling the little hatchling glad for the distraction. Eventually with her mind off the troubles now of the clan she wanted to play with the hatchling. She playfully nuzzled her before bringing her tail around and playfully move the tip of her tail in the manner to try to entice the hatchling to try to pounce on it.

"Fair en- Wait a second..." - Runara approached Derek up close. - "You saw... him? That boy?" - then she muttered something like 'Daniel', before starting to shake. However it stopped almost immediately. Electric then looked back at Shen. "I don't know what to say anymore. I-I just-"

"Derek!" - a voice suddenly trailed through Derek's and dragons' ears. Then Alan ran up to them, huge smile on his face. - "We are in big luck! I just met Victor on my way here. He said that he'll forward the news to Boss, but that's not it!" - then he calmed down a little. - "Sorry, got overexcited by all of this. And..." - he looked at the group of dragons, and his face got slightly paler - "Derek, did you...?"

Derek flinched a little as the eletric dragoness went right up to him. "Yes.... that boy, for now we should focus on whats at hand." he said before his partner showed up yelling about something. "Victor? I hope he stays out of trouble, but alright out with it, I got dragons waiting here." he said pointing a thump to the group "Yes I did, I made contact, I'm still alive there alive that's all the proof we need." he said briskly.

Shen came up along side Runara and looked at the humans visibly not happy but she was not threatening them yet.

Sinare uncurled herself from the female foreleg, arching her back across her leg until she spotted something move. Nostrils flared, her emerald eyes dilated as she swished her tail. Flattening her ears, Sinare crept forward, her now dried talons sinking into the sand beneath her. Swaying her head she twitched her tail before wiggling her haunches and launching herself at the red object that was attached to something else. Right when she leaped at it, her hind-paws got tangled from the lack of balance on the sand, and she then face-planted in front of the red object that was moving. Whimpering, Sinare pulled herself up from the sand and glared at the red ribbon-like thing. Snorting, she glanced up at Vrans before fixing her gaze back on the whatever it was that was teasing her. Then the white and green-footed hatchling swiped at the red object before lunging after it.

Sinare uncurled herself from the female foreleg, arching her back across her leg until she spotted something move. Nostrils flared, her emerald eyes dilated as she swished her tail. Flattening her ears, Sinare crept forward, her now dried talons sinking into the sand beneath her. Swaying her head she twitched her tail before wiggling her haunches and launching herself at the red object that was attached to something else. Right when she leaped at it, her hind-paws got tangled from the lack of balance on the sand, and she then face-planted in front of the red object that was moving. Whimpering, Sinare pulled herself up from the sand and glared at the red ribbon-like thing. Snorting, she glanced up at Vrans before fixing her gaze back on the whatever it was that was teasing her. Then the white and green-footed hatchling swiped at the red object before lunging after it.

Vrans smiled and watched the hatchling pounce on the fluff at the end of her tail. she continued to do this, playfully tease the hatchling, sometimes letting her catch sometimes not. The act of playing with the young one focusing on that felt so much better. Pushing everything to the back of her mind besides Sinare.

((Sorry writers block, short post also due to people vanishing again))

((Ooc;; It's ok))

user posted image

Ic;; A growl emanated from the young hatchling as she whipped her tail around, still swiping at the dangling red thing. Snorting she began to tire out, panting slightly at first until she was shakily holding herself up. Making a chirping-like noise, Sinare staggered over to Vrans tiredly and collapsed on her large fore-paws. Squirming around to get comfortable, the little hatchling finally managed to find a spot, curled around the dragoness's ankle making a loud thrumming noise that came from the back of her throat.

Edited by vallay111

((I'll edit this one if anything's wrong with it.))

"Oh, right!" - Runara shook her head, dropping off her thoughts about her friend. Now it wasn't time for that. Meanwhile Alan continued: "Anyway, he said that the group of snipers are coming to help. Three men, led by one specific individual. Victor said that it took a lot of persuasion to get them on our side."

"On our side? And whi-" - began Runara, but Alan immediately interrupted her: "Now before you ask: no, they weren't with the army. They were kinda on neutral side."

((Looks like Orion ditched))

Vrans watched the hatchling tire out and she smiled as the little one curled up a bit around her wrist and started to purr. She slowly started to emit her version of that and started to gently and calmly bath the hatchling with her tongue cleaning the little one.

Derek nodded "Looks like where having to call on some big cards, were putting that team into so fast. 3 snipers though won't help much. We need to wait till this tanks take there aim off there leader, otherwise our shot anywhere will kill there kin, which I don't think I want to be the one in trouble for." he said "That General maybe insane but he's not stupid, I would not be suprized if that dragons life depends on him being alive as well." he said thinking.

"Okay, Emerald-wait a minute, does anyone else see that?" Vulcan began as he noticed the group of dragons a distance away talking to humans. "probably shouldn't of eaten that weird mushroom I found..." he thought to himself hardly able to belief it himself. "I see it too. Looks like things just got a little more complicated" Emeraldan added. "I still say unless something signifigant happens we spring the plan when the convoy moves into position or they get ready to execute Vita, whichever happens first."

Josh was just now waking up, he tried to open his eyes but it was pointless, all he saw was rope, there was only a small spot barely big enough for a couple fingers to fit through to his left, he looked at the soldier outside it defeatedly. Josh glimpsed a brief look of what appeared to be both sadness and guilt but it was almost instantly replaced by a stern buisiness like expression. Josh just looked around the dark space and awaited his fate now.

Serina had returned once more from the clan and saw how things were going, everyone was on edge, today was the day chances at peace would annihilated or salvaged. She scanned the scene carefully from her hidden position, eventually she saw something tied to tank. "Why would they put rope on a tank? It's not like-" She cut herself as she noticed it wiggle slightly. "It's got to be Josh...oh no...no..." Serina tried to communicate with him telepathically, it was no problem among dragons but it usually confuses humans. They are a species capable of telepathy technically but for all their technology they've never figured out how to do it, so it just remains a dormant ability of theirs. Her mind reached out to the figure in rope, obviously Josh. "Josh? Is that you? It's Serina, the one with the feathers." His response was loud to her and confused. "Wait who-what's going on? How are you, how am I..." Serina cut him off as he tried to respond. "Not now, I'll tell you later, for now you need to listen, what happened?" Josh, still confused about hearing her voice in his head told her what happened. "I tried to rescue Vita, and I was so close, a guard tried to help me, named Hank after I was caught. Vita wasn't the only one they caught...there were several other large dragons and hatchings...I guess like twenty or so...They...killed Hank and took me, I'm tied to something, it's hard and metal. I think it's a tank" Serina was silent for a moment taking in what he was telling her. "That complicates things, we'll get them as soon as we can, listen right now a rescue is in the works, is there anything you can warn us about or tell us to help?" "Yes, when you rescue the others you must shut off the power first, if you tamper with the devices it will kill them. Also you must take down the general, the one with the most decoration on his uniform and on the stage. He's the one controlling everything and everyone, he must not live to do more harm." Josh felt cold telling her that, he was a sorry excuse for a man...but he was still asking her to make sure they killed him. "Noted, just sit tight, we're all going to do what we can, I'm going to be gone just a short while but I'll keep talking you through this." "Ok...good luck to all of you." Josh said and Serina monitored the situation further, she had ideas of what else she could do. She could try to generate field to trap the enemy soldiers, they would be trying to kill the dragons but the more blood spilled on either side the harder peace would be, she would be the one trying to keep both sides from being bloodied, a little tricky when one will be trying to kill her.

Back next to the tank one of the rebels who was actually posing as a guard took advantage of a moment where none looked in his direction and deftly slid a knife up in the mess of rope so Josh could reach it, he was trapped with his arms inside but he could still move them. "Use when the time is right" he murmured before resuming his full position. He glanced around a little nervously, thankful no one caught that, otherwise he'd be shot on the spot. (It's not much of a lucky break so go easy)

((Oh sure, soldiers are watching him and suddenly someones able to slip a knife to Josh..... right.))

As the young hatchling fell asleep she felt the stroking of her mother's tongue rasp against her sill developing scales. Sinare gaped her jaws, exposing a couple rows of needle-sharp teeth and closed her tiny mouth. Her emerald eyes glazed over as she continued thrumming before shutting her eyes and falling into a deep slumber. [Not sure if I already said she was asleep or not]

(most are paying attention to the general, and not like it does josh much good at the moment anyhow)

As the young hatchling fell asleep she felt the stroking of her mother's tongue rasp against her sill developing scales. Sinare gaped her jaws, exposing a couple rows of needle-sharp teeth and closed her tiny mouth. Her emerald eyes glazed over as she continued thrumming before shutting her eyes and falling into a deep slumber. [Not sure if I already said she was asleep or not]

Vrans curled up around the hatchling thinking she could use some rest as well. Maybe this was all a dream and when she wakes, Vita would be here and none of this would of happened. If she did wake and he was dead..... she would have that one fresh clan to blame. Had they not shown up there leader would not be at gun point. Shaking her head she looked at the hatchling. She focused on things about that, how to care for her, how to teach her, things of that nature, before she drifted off to sleep.

((Waiting on Tron))

Dream;; Sinare's paws thrummed on the ground beneath her as she was panting for breath. Everything was different for she'd just hatched and some strange creatures were after her. Fear like that of her mother, Vrans pulsed through her veins as she clumsily leaped over a log, but tripped and face-planted into the soft soil. Tears welled up in her emerald eyes but pain jabbed at her side, and then everything went black.

Reality;; The white hatchling writhed beneath the green-scaled dragoness's paws, a squeak piercing through her jaws and then a sudden gasp as she awoke from the nightmare. Her eyes flashed open, glancing wildly around still feeling the throbbing sensation of her dream. She didn't exactly know why her first dream was so vivid and about something she never encountered. Maybe it was when she was an egg and her mother was sending images on accident to her? Either ways the little hatchling was sucking in air in shaky breaths while tremors shook the fragile hatchling as she scooted closer to Vrans's chest as if she as afraid the creatures were near and would hunt her down.

Valerian occupied himself patrolling the clan when he heard the noises of a scared hatchling from Vran's hut. He walked over quickly, "Is everything okay in here?" Valerian asked quietly as he poked his head in, making sure not to wake Vrans from her sleep. Then he noticed how terrified Sinare looked and instantly knew it was just a bad dream. He saw how distressed the poor hatchling seemed, so Valerian carefully removed one of the charms he carried on himself. It was one of the ones his father gave him, it was said to protect the wearer from bad luck and bad dreams. "I can tell you had a bad dream little one, I would like to give you this charm my father gave me, it is said to protect anyone who holds it from bad dreams and bad luck. My hope is that you will be able to sleep better with it." Valerian said as he gently laid the charm next to Sinare. "Keep it close, and it will keep bad omens away." Valerian smiled as he quietly backed a couple paces to give Sinare space.

((So he entered the leaders den with no permission....))

Vrans woke up to the hatchling pressing her self against her chest. She craned her neck to gently lick the hatchling trying to calm her. "Shhhhhh its alright Sinare your safe here." She sent before looking up as the hellfire that was not even part of the clan entered the leaders den with no permission what so ever. So he thought he could leave after promising to be around and now he thinks he can enter the leaders den when ever he wants? If Vita dies its on his hide! Now he was also introducing superstition into the clan. She did not show it yet but she was not happy with the other clans leader.

Edited by little lost dragon

Her eyes widened as she saw the Hellfire pad in, setting a strange thing in front of her paws. Sinare still shook from the dream but not as much as she did before. Feeling her mother's rasping tongue against her back seemed to soothe the young one, as well as realizing that the Hellfire was here to be so kind. Sniffing at the strange thing, Sinare glanced up at Vrans wondering if it was safe before pawing it over and slipping it over her head, eyeing the charm that dangled by her chest.

(I know, things are also different at his clan so he doesn't know, he was also checking to see if Sinare was ok)

"I left because it looked like there was going to be a battle, but the others already have a plan in place and are working as we speak. I regret having to leave, and I know an apology won't fix it."

Back at the Silver Wing Clan the advisors were debating about the news Serina brought them, going on short trips for their alpha wasn't rare but a possiblity of war was. "We need to have the warriors training around the clock" one of the advisors began. "We won't need warriors if we can end all of this peacefully" another added. "Train warriors, prepare diplomats and build defenses as well as armor for the warriors, we should also prepare shelters and homes in case the other clan is overwhelmed and we have refugees." Tonitrui calmly stated, he was Valerian's chief advisor and with good reason. The other advisors nodded in agreement with what he said. Several departed to begin these duties, although warriors were always training they would likely need more and what they had to been trained more rigorously. Unlike the Animos clan (finally remembered the name of the other one) this clan also had human advisors, they were part of a smaller human settlement closer to their clan, but had never met the animos clan. They kept healthy relations but neither were naive enough to think that ALL of the other species would be friendly to them. One of the human advisors asked Tonitrui "Perhaps some of my people should be among the diplomats, the other humans will no doubt listen better to a joint human and dragon diplomat party." "agreed, I'll leave you in charge to assemble the diplomatic party"

((...I hate chemistry... *face drop on table*

Runara: Aw come on... Well, at least he has written the post already! Lessee...))

"Okay then... You there, human." - Runara pointed at Alan - "Any ideas?"

"...My guesses that Bruce - the third guy who ran away - would probably find a way to deal with tank situation - convoy aside. Although I doubt that he'll do something not his usual way." - he added with shudder.

Bruce meanwhile examined the tank with guards and noticed (not without difficulty) that one of them is, in fact, one of theirs. Then he looked at the general. Suddenly an idea came to his mind. He put on glasses and fake moustache, which was an almost ideal lookalike for real ones - he had them and pair of others in case he and others got captured - and walked straight to one of the guards in front of the crowd, a worried look on his face. "Ahem... Herr soldat?" - he asked with good accent acting - "Zhis is important matter! I need to tell you somefhing!"

((Someone take snipers please))

Vrans looked at the hellfire before looking at the hatchling and giving a slight nod for her to know she was allowed to take the item. She then looked at the hellfire and sighed "Had you gone and gotten killed it would be placed on my back Valerian. I don't need to explain to your clan how possibly my clan lost another ones leader when I'm already having to prepare my self for the loss of my own and others. Your dragons are going amok on these rescue operations much like this clan once did before. I do not want more lifeless body's to be returned then there already needs to be." she said before sighing again trying to keep her self together "I don't need more dragons taking off right now. If a operation needs to be done it must be done in a far better manner then its currently going." she said

The guard looked at Bruce as a shot range out. The rebel that some how thought that walking in the convoy would keep him from being spotted working a knife into the bundle that held Josh. "A important matter? Lots of people going out of formation, we'll both head and you'll say what the important thing is to the general." he said not aiming his gun yet.

(the guy that gave the knife had been assigned to guard Josh, he wouldn't of even had to move his feet to do what he did...)

"I understand you don't want to lose anyone else, but if this doesn't end, soon. There may not be anything left to protect. Vita is still alive, not only that, there's others, they have Josh, several dragons and a couple dozen innocent hatchlings. The plan seems to be a good one and with a little luck we can get everyone out alive. If this clan does become overwhelmed though, know that my clan has ample space and resources to support all of you and you will be free to do what you wish of course."

Vrans looked at the hellfire and would have stood up if it where not the fact she was caring for a hatchling "We will not lose. And if your so sure about leading a random rescue party will work how bout showing your own clans ability to fight humans? And this 'plan' I haven't even heard of. And the longer it takes the more chance nothing. will. work! right now." she stated before closing her eye's and sighing. This was like talking to a group of hatchlings that think they can do stuff there not ready for. She took a few deep breaths before opening her eye's again "A panic'ed clan with grieving is not the ideal attack force to use. Further more I-" she started before she stopped at the sound of something in the sky. She looked at the hellfire eye's wide "Please tell me those are not..... human helicopters." she asked.

A fleet of helicopters could be seen in the distance armed to the teeth coming from the human territory. The clan right away began prep for evacuating. Mothers gathered there young, a few warriors aided the few elders left. A royal blue poked his head into the leaders den "Vrans! Human forces on fast approach! They don't look friendly either." he said before Vrans seemed to gasp before looking at the hellfire "Now look what your peace idea's have done! Get help now!" she ordered before getting up gently picking up the hatchling by the scruff.

((Need something to be happening at base camp with everyone being stalled out side the clan...... Tron where are you?

Orion, I'm giving you some free reign here with the human attack force. Reinforcements what ever, but no breaks like the hellfire taking them on and winning, clear?))