little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Kadaen walked out of the den, mainly because he was trying to control his blood lust. He hoped Vrans would understaind, and make it. He was only one little inch away from going into a blood freazy. He saw Tetra and Vita. He looked a bit like he was on eadge, then he left the camp.

Tetra saw the look that Kadaen had. She was gade that he had helped Vrans, but she wondered what the cost for him helping his crush.

Vita watched Kadaen take off "Now what was that about?" he asked "He was asked to suck the poisoned blood out of her. I thought he would be happy to save her.... the poison was killing her faster then the cure could heal." he explained.

"Right, but with him taking out poison, there was blood that he had to take out," Tetra said. "At lest my brother has enough inteligence to get away from other dragons when he is close to let his blood lust out."

Vita nodded "I guess he liked the taste then. From what you told me about him controlling his blood lust and him only having so much from Vrans..... He must have really liked it." he said "Thankfully he can control him self before getting to the state that gives vamps a bad name." he said "I wonder how Vrans will act once she knows." he wondered "She's never liked being around them. Always scared they would attack her. I think she had a bad scare when she was a hatchlings."

"I think it is one of those things you just got to let others find out by themselves," Tetra said about Vrans finding out of Kadaen's blood lust reason. She nodded in agreement.

Dharsii wrapped another of the velvety anticeptic leaves around Vrans' upper arm where Kadaen had bitten her and cut open the tips of the leaf, spilling a glue-like liquid that held the bandage in place around the Ribbon Dancer's arm. The White then turned her gaze to the other dragoness as she began to come back around.

"Its alright Vrans. The antidote is clearing out the poison from your body. It may feel unpleasant but it is saving your life."

She then cut open the leaf she was holding to Vrans' neck so that it would stick to her scales and help seal the wound back up. She then looked down at the dead looking scales on Vrans' lower arm where the poison had caused the most damage. Those would have to come out in order for new healthy scale to grow in.

"Brace yourself shining one. This is going to hurt."

She took hold of one of the dead scales by the root of where it attached and gave it a yank, pulling it out. She then proceeded to the next one. The flesh beneath the scales would be raw and sore for a while and she would have to find one of those pain killing solutions at the back of her cave and have Vrans soak her arm in it for a while. She might even have to be immobalized for the day to keep her from injuring the unprotected skin.

Vrans sighed in releif when she was told the cure was doing its job. though why was she dizzy? Hard to focus. "I haven't bled too much hav- ow." she said as the medic started to pull each scale. As each one was pulled her paw felt more and more pain. By the time the last one was pulled the skin sent such a jolt of pain she snarled. She then looked sorry "Sorry, I did not mean to..... do that." she said looking down a bit "Though I am wondering why I'm light headed." she said "I don't remember hearing the cure having that effect and the hole in my paw was not large enough for this." she said then saw the leafs on her arm when Kadaen had bitten but did not know that yet. "Did I fall?" she asked wincing repeatedly at just moving her paw as she felt pulses of pain shoot at movement.

Vita nodded "Sounds like a good idea." he said as he heard the ribbon dancers snarl. Then a few moments later the questions come about her dizziness. He looked at Tetra.

Edited by little lost dragon

Tetra sighed, but didn't tell her. "I think that is something that You and Kadaen need to talk about, once he isn't on eadge with something that all vampires have," Tetra said to the ribbon dancer.

Kadaen was out of the camp and he went to hunt deer, to try to make it subside. He knew sometimes when he got like that, he just needed some blood that was not poisoned. He was being steathy and went behind a deer and then he bite at it's leg and dhad drained the deer until it had as little blood as it could possibly have and the deer was alive. Once he was done with that one deer, his blood lust stoped. He had regained control over it for that moment.

Vrans looked to the entrance of the den and frowned. With her good for arm she pawed at the leafs covering the bite left behind. After some feeling she felt 2 small holes in her arm. She froze and just laid there in her current position. "He..... why?" she asked thinking he bit her when she was knocked out. "As that why it took so long to get me here? He wanted to drink my blood?" she asked voice raising. He tired and dizzy brain was not making connections fast enough to keep her from coming to conclusions too fast.

"It was NOT his idea. It was the healer who told Kadaen to do it. He agreed to it, though he is off somewhere to control his blood lust. He refuzes it to take control of it," Tetra said.

Vrans looked down and closed her eye's. What about the venom that the fangs inject? How would that affect her? And the fact one had bitten her..... asked by the medic.... if he was asked by the medic then that means..... her fear of vamps, and yet one saved her from the looks of it. What was going on? Her paw hurt more suddenly at the stress.

Vita sighed. Vrans looked like she had just been violated or something. Not happy at all. "I don't know the full story my self but she's also the one that came up with the moves to defend against vamps if they go into blood lust mode." he explained "I'm not entirely sure but she's very scared of something happening. She's always avoided vamps till today. Did not matter who, not entirely sure why but she is freaked at the though of being bitten. Now I guess she now has to face it. Maybe with some rest she'll be in a better state to think." he said to Tetra

"If you're worried about Kadaen's Venom, knowing my brother as I do, he did not use any of it," Tetra said to Vrans. "Be at ease Vrans. I think you should talk with Kadaen one you heal or he comes to the medical den."

Dharsii turned and dipped her head respectfully to Vrans when she appologized for snarling at her.

"Do not appologize. Its a natural response to pain." she said in a calm and collected tone. "And yes, I did ask the vampire to drain a bit from you. Kadaen was it you called him? He was the only one who could remove the tainted blood short of bleeding you myself and risking you losing too much or removing the arm. He saved your life Vrans. and besides..." She leaned a bit closer to Vrans to speak, "Its obvious that he likes you. I could see the worry for you on his face when you brought him here. He may be a Vampire but he looks like he's got a good head on his neck and a good heart in his chest. Now hold that limb still while I fetch you some solution to soak it in."

The White headed to the back of the medic den and down into the storage area, returning a few moments later with a long, rectangular bowl filled with a light turquoise liquid. She gently set Vrans' scalless arm into the liquid which submerged the de-scaled part, sending a slight sting through the flesh as it worked into the scale pores.

"It may be a little uncomfortable at first, but it will soothe the pain shortly and will help the healing process and with the growth of new scale. You shouldn't have any lasting injuries from this shinning one." she called Vrans that due to how beautifully her scales glimmered in the sunlight.

Vrans looked at Dharsii as she spoke. She nodded thinking as the medic went to grab some stuff for her arm. She returned and and gently got the scaleless part of her arm into the light turquoise liquid. She felt the sting and almost pulled out but held her arm in it. She could not help but flex her paw in the liquid a little.

After a few moments a soothing feeling started to come up her arm on the scaleless parts. She sighed and looked at Vita and Tetra and Dharsii. She did not want to admit it but a vamp saved her life doing what a vamp does most of the time. Bit ironic as well. And he must really like her to go against there agreement of personal space to save her. "I guess there's no use denying it." she started "He likes me and I still have my arm thanks to him." she said voice a little strained.

After fighting a bit of a inner battle she looked up "Where is he?" she asked softly "I owe him an apology." she said "And a thanks as well." she finished off then looked at Dharsii "And thank you as well." she said then gave a small smile "Any idea how long till I can use my arms again?" She asked.

Vita smiled when Vrans came too. He looked at Tetra "Looks like your brother is needed again." he said

"As far as I know he left the camp. For what I do not know," Tetra said to Vrans. She did agree with Vita, Kadaen is needed again. She was glade that Vrans was going to live normally. She did wonder why Kadaen left.

Kadaen sighed. He wondered if Vrans would be mad at him because he had went agest an agreement he had with Vrans. He knew it was for the right reason an all, but he did had an angreement with Vrans.

Vita looked at Tetra "Last you told me it was because of his blood lust." he said "Either way he needs to return now." he said "Apology's aren't best left waiting." he said "Do you know where he tends to head off to? If so could you fetch him?" he asked.

"but where he is, is another matter. I do not know of where Kadaen goes to go hunt or something like that. He likes to keep others away while he hunts," Tetra said to Vita.

Kadaen sighed and he walked back to camp. He had to put his fear of Vrans ditching him because of something he had to do. He knew his sister would do that, but he was uncertain that all girls were like that.

Edited by polos1993

Vita nodded then looked around. "We wish you a quick recovery Vrans." he said loud enough for her to hear. She turned her head and nodded her thanks. Vita then started to head to his den to do some thinking. "If you want to join me in my den your free to do so." he said to Tetra on his way.

Tetra nodded at Vrans as Vita said that they wished her a fast recovery. She looked over at Vita. "If you don't mind me accepting the offer," Tetra said teasly as she followed Vita. She saw Kadaen and she pointed with her tail where Vrans was and didn't say a word to him.

Kadaen sighed when Tetra pointed to where Vrans was. He thought that she was teasing him and then he walked into the medical den. "Hi" Kadaen said to Vrans.

Dharsii nodded at Vrans' thanks.

"It's my duty to the clan shining one. But you are most welcome. And you should keep your limb soaking in that until it no longer hurts to move the scalless parts. Its different for each patient. And if it starts hurting again anytime after come find me and we will have to soak it again."

When Kadaen walked in Dharsii went silent and went about her duties cleaning up her supplies. When she went to the back and set the supplies down she finally realized that she had never put the cloth cover back on over her scar. This brought a furious blush to the young White's face, which she tried to hide but the flush of pink showed up easily against her white scales. She remained on the outscirts of the cave, not wanting to bother Vrans and Kadaen or be seen in her current state. Though she tried not to show it, she envied Vrans' beauty. She felt that the scar behind her eye was hideous and ruined her looks, despite her glimmering white scales and deep amethyst purple eyes, unusual for a white but still a stunning color

(( Jelousy Dharsii? Really? tongue.gif ))

Vita nodded as he pushed into his den and went to his den. He sat down on his bed and looked at Crio's old bedding. A look of loss and emptiness over came him for a few moments but he shook his head and sighed.

Vrans nodded as Dharsii spoke. She flexed her paw a little and regretted it. Looks like her paw maybe in the stuff for a while longer. Then Kadaen came in and Dharsii went silent. Then suddenly acted oddly. Retreating to the edge of the cave having a hard time hiding her blushing cheeks. She sighed in her mind. Did the medic just display the fact she liked Kadaen? Who knows.

Vrans looked at the vamp and sighed "I feel like I owe you an apology. I distrusted you and judged you." she said "And then learning and seeing proof of what the others say of you...... biting me but not to feed but to save me....." she said looking away "I hope you'll forgive me." she said then looked at him again "But thanks for.... helping save my life." she said looking at him. "Even though you broke the promise of personal space..... had you not I would be dead." she said "I suppose we can remove the no hugging boundary." she said with a small smile.

Kadaen smiled at the end. He was glad that he could hug her now, and he did. "You are most welcome Vrans and I do forgive you. It is after all a commin thing that most dragons do to vampires," Kadaen said. He had not payed any attention to the healer. He was mainly focused on Vrans. It's not that he didn't care about the medic, it's just that he loved Vrans.

Vrans hugged back what little she should with her arm in the liquid. "Just no more tasting my blood. Unless Dharsii says so for medical reasons." she said not wanting to have him feed on her for anything. Even though he most likely would not anyway. Can;t be too careful.

"Don't need to worrie on that. I kinda don't want to go into a blood lust because of your blood," Kadaen joked. He knew that Vrans would flip, but he just had to make that joke.

Vrans froze then was confused. Was she met to take that as a compliment or as something to feel threatened over? He did not want to go into a blood lust because of her blood? She stopped hugging him back and looked him in the eye's "And what does that mean exactly?" she asked wanting to know what he met by that.