little lost dragon

The Great Divide

"I means that A I do not want to go into a blood lust because of you and B your blood kinda had almost let me become a blood lusting monster," Kadaen said. He was blunt to her, though he said the one that he knew would not shock her first and that he really means that one. He hoped that Vrans would understand.

Vrans narrowed her eye's at him but nodded. Why did her blood risk him into a blood lust monster? She did not know but decided to not push the subject. He saved her life, now was not the time to question him. She sighed and flexed her scales paw and the skin still was protesting. "I guess I'm not that strong against there poison. I'v avoided being poisoned up till now. And this happens." she said "that bug must have been on its way to the camp when I landed on it."

Vita watched Tetra come in to the den. "As the fact your now the alpha as well now its normal for the alphas to share a den." he said "With another fact in place but...." he said and looked at Crio's bedding again "If you want you can stay here or in your den with the others." he said.

"An advantage that vamps have other beings. We can flush out our system easily so poison doesn't really effect us, or the ones who know how to do it," Kadaen said to Vrans. He saw her eyes narrowed, so he backed away from her. He didn't want to make her mad.

{Kinda late for that Kadaen}

Tetra nodded. "Well if you don't mind be being here, I would like to stay here. I know I can not take her place in your heart, so I am not going to try," Tetra said to Vita. She saw how sad Vita was when he looked at a nest. It must of been Crio's but she hoped that Vita could move on. Either slowly or fastly she didn't care, but she hoped he would get over him not having Crio.

Vrans nodded a bit slowly then looked at him wondering why he was backing off now. "Something a breed has for good things." she said "No need to think I'll get mad over that. I'm not resistant to the poison, that does not mean I'm going to get mad that your breed can deal with it." she said

Vita nodded "Thanks. It would help with moving on. Another scent to cover up her's. As she left with out a word. I should be angry but all I feel is sadness. We had yet to even have eggs yet." he said then looking at Tetra now "And thank you for not wanting to barge into that place. It will clear with time though." he said.

"I saw your eyes narrowed that is why I backed off," Kadaen said. "But that is one of few advaniges of my kind. So few agest many disadvaniges. What kind of mother was mine?" Kadaen said. He mainly asked himself the quest and had NO idea that he had said that.

Vrans shook her head "I do not know what your mother was thinking. It saved my life though." she said smiling a little. It was true though. It most likely did save her life. Or her arm. Regardless he helped her stay in one piece. She looked at her scaleless arm in the liquid "My arm and skin does not seem to like the poison at all." she said switching the subject a little.

"She must of done it for a reason, but I guess we will never know," Tetra said. She smiled when Vita thanked her for not wanting to barge in and all the rest of the stuff that preppy girls do. She disliked that kind, so she tried to stay away for it as she could. She sat down where she was. "So what now?"

Dharsii continued with rearranging her belongings on the outscirts of the cave. She only caught bits and pieces of what Kadaen and Vrans were saying to eachother, which was fine with her. She didn't want to evesdrop. The blush on her face fadded after a while and after finishing with reorganizing the main room, she remembered her belongings had been left at the creek.

She excused herself from the cave and took off into the air, flying quickly towards the creek, trying to keep her scar from beeing seen. The young white landed beside the stream and quickly removed her cloth bandage and recovered her scar. It was still noticable that something on the right side of her face was not normal but it made her feel a little better to know that the scar wasn't visible. She then scooped up the now clean bowls and flew back to the den. She slipped in silently and went down to the storage area and put away the bowls.

After that, she slowly made her way back up to the main part of the den and curled up on in her nest of soft grasses and used her magic to levitate Shallen's book over to her from its resting place on a stone a short distance away. It floated up in front of her face and opened leafing through to the pages on the new plants she had discovered had possibilities in being helpful for curing the human bug venom. She resolved to try out one of her test potions on herself after the other two had left. She peeked over the rim of the book at them momentarily. But then returned to her reading.

Vita looked around the den "One thing that I want your input on, with the eletrics escape and the copy of the log book I'm thinking of gearing up for another fight. We held our own against there weapons last time. This time I'm not so sure but the humans don't take kindly to things not going there way." he said "With there threat around and things not there way they want the dragon back. Which is not a option which would mean we will have a fight should they lash out again. Last time they lashed out we have heavy losses. If we do have another heavy engadement I'm afriad we won't win this time around." he said.

Runara, who was watching the process of removing the poison for entire time, heard parts of Vita's speech. Horrified that these humans want to take her back, she started to think. "Think, Runara, think... JUST THINK, you silly dragon! Ugh..."

She was thinking and thinking... until she thought up something, but quickly threw it away: "What if we can turn these humans' technology against them?.. Nah, that probably won't work."

Then she thought about setting traps, but then again, she doubted that it will work. Then she remembered that strange machine she saw back at the humans camp. She thought: "What if they use that machine against us?! I don't want to ever think about it!.. But it is possible... Shall I tell Vita? Yes, I have to!"

Kadaen slapped his face with his paw. He did not scrach himself. "I said the last part didn't I?" he sighed. He saw Vrans' arm and he had to agree with that. "Yeah."

"It is possible that we need to do that. If we are unprepard for it then the clan will die. Best to be perpared and set even if it doesn't happen," Tetra said. "Just like the humans, we do not take it kindly when things do not go our way. That is just how life is."

Vrans laughed a tiny bit when he slapped his face. "Yes you did." she said then looked at her paw "I may have shining scales..... seems to come at a cost of a slow healing rate when hurt by poison." she commented "Always avoided it. Some how killed the bugs with out getting poisoned." she commented

Vita nodded "Humans do tend to have more ways to rid the things making them not have there way." he said then took notice of a shadow out side the den "I see you, no need to hide." he said loud enough for the electric to hear

"Your shinyness is your protection while your scalls seem to be really weak," Kadaen said. He wanted to nuzzle her, but he remembered only hugging. He hugged her again.

"Witch will make them kill themselves when they're not careful," Tetra said. She also noticed the shadow and she wondered who it was.

Vrans felt the hug but felt a little offended at her scales being called weak. "My scales can take a beating from human weapons thank you very much." she said "They just don't do well with being infected with poison." she said looking at Kadaen as he hugged her. "

Runara heard Vita's words and understood, that there is no more reason to stay here and entered the cave. "I... wanted to say something important." - she began. "It is about what humans are going to send against us."

Vita nodded as he saw Runara come in. "We'v seen there weapons before, not the most pleasant. The last fight is why I'm leader and not beta still." he said looking down a bit "The humans I imagined have made more deadly weapons. But i am wondering what this new one is that you speak of." he said looking at Runara and nodded for her to speak.

"Well, in my story I have mentioned that humans had the contraption, called 'Pyrocopter'" - said Runara. "And I have a suspicions that they are going to use it against us. I don't know, what this thing does, but they are probably built it for a reason." - she closed her eyes for a moment, then continued: "Maybe the logbook I have stolen has any information about it. But I only know of this device is that it contains a poison formula and something else"

"I'll get to reading it once I found a dark place to read, or when it is dark. It's kinda hard for me to read in the light," said Tetra. "Thank you for telling us this."

"Sorry, I only ment it as a playful joke," said Kadaen and he ducked his head.

"That name has a common part for one of there flying things." Vita said. "Thank you for telling us this. Should the humans bring there arms to us again we may very well be driven off. This is the last point where our clans have lived and held on to. Most here would rather die then be driven off." he said "But regardless we must plan for the worst. Be ready for anything." he said "This poison, what was it doing to the humans you saw suffering from it?" he asked.

Vrans looked at Kadaen "Calling some one weak is not a joking matter." she said flexing her paw. The skin felt like pins and needles now. But was not hurting now. She removed her paw from the liquid and put it back in again. "Though my skin is very sensitive as I just found out." she said.

Edited by little lost dragon

Runara tried to recreate a memory, when she saw humans, suffering from the poison. After a half of a minute she finally remembered it and said: "It affected them with the same symptoms as with us, but it is more deadly and painful for them." - she shivered in horror, remembering that.

Vita nodded and looked away thinking "There methods continue to amaze me at there eagerness to harm." he said not sounding happy at all. He turned around back to Runara and placed a paw on her shoulder seeing her shiver. "If all goes well, we won't suffer from the poison. Ideally we will have a cure made to stop it permanently." he said

"Hey you are not weak, well attack wise. I don't know defancive wise," Kadaen said to Vrans. He ducked his head.

"That is cool," Tetra said to Runara. She wondered what made her tell them this now instead of when she had first got to them.

Dharsii tried to remain focused on her book but couldn't help but overhear Vrans and Kadaen's conversation. She immediatly felt guilty about it, feeling as though she were evesdropping on them. A faint flush of pink crept into the scales on her cheeks in embarassment but her book kept the blush hidden. She heard Kadaen's remark about Vrans's scales being weak and couldn't help but agree with Vrans. Had any dragon commented on the durability of her scales she would have been offended too. In fact, her position as medic would probably be the only thing that kept her from challenging the other dragon to a battle. Even if the other did only have her best interests in mind. She found herself drifting of into pointless fantasies about things most dragonesses her age were focused on and quickly shook the thoughts from her head. She wasn't an ordinary fledgling female. She had responsibilities. And even if she was, the scar on her face would still be a plague upon her. After getting her thoughts straight she wondered how much longer it would take before Vrans would be healthy enough to move around, both out of genuine concern for the Ribbon Dancer and out of growing desire to test her new potions. She shifted and resettled on her bedding and went back to checking through her book for anything that might need updated or otherwise added to.

Edited by Drakossozh

Vrans looked at Kadean and sighed "Where going to work on how you say things." she said. Flexing her paw again and not feeling pins and needles she removed her paw from the liquid then inspected her arm "Never seen this happen to others, they get poisoned and the cure is just fine, some have been poisoned for.... hours. Yet I'm here and having to regrow my arms scales." she said.

What a day so far, wake up, help a eletric to safety, get to know a vamp that does not seem to good at his wordings of things. Plus she normally hates vamps, she helped with the teaching of learning moves to defend against vamps yet one saved her life not to long ago. She continued to look at Kadaen and sighed then looked at there medic "Dharsii? How long till I can move around with this arm?" she asked.

Edited by little lost dragon

"Alright," Kadaen said. He also looked at the scales. "Um I guess they hate poison or the poison had acid in it."