little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Vrans blinked, mate? Bit fast suddenly arn't we? She opened her mouth but nothing came, she tilted her head with a frown though nothing came out of her mouth. "You..... wait.... mates?" she asked caught off guard. Of course she knew he had been showing interest in her but.... to that extent? She then seemed to get defensive. She growled a warning growl then started to head away a little then sat down thinking.

Kadaen clearly wasn't thinking what he had said. He did back away from her, being inside the river and sat down, trying to look a lot less threatening then a normal vamp. He clearly didn't want her this of guard. He didn't say a word.

Vrans thought things through in her head. She never had anyone approach her so directly before. Did she really want to become mates with that vamp? Ok so far he's shown the ability to be more self controlled then many she;s seen. But she really just met him today. Ok there the same clan but aside from that they hardly spoke till today. And now he just revealed why he's been staring at her. He wants to become mates..... for what reason? To use her? Just like humans there is the odd dragon that will have more then one mate and ditch all his hatchlings for another mate. But he only had zero so far that she could count. But still, out of the blue? And did she want to make her self look so easy to get? She's denied more then one male before, this would not be any different.

But she did tell her self to give him a chance, and aside from being a vamp he did seem decent. She looked over in his direction, on that note she decided to give him a shot at getting that close to her. But if she felt used it would be over. She began to head back to him to tell him her verdict.

Kadaen saw that Varns was walking to him after thinking stuff though. He wondered what was on her mind. He did not want to try to read minds, because A he can't and B it's too complacated. He sat up strieght and waited for her to say something before he did. His white eyes were looking at Varns' eyes.

Vrans stopped in the shade. She took a breath in. She was about to let him into her life now. give him permission to be around her. "In the future we can be mates..." she started "But not now. We have things to work out first before we can be even think of that. I'll be honest here, I still don't trust you fully to allow hugs even." she said "that will go away with time though if we don't push things." she said "2, no curling up around me yet. I know some males like to do that. 3, your not allowed to go and grab another mate before or after if you want to become mates. I don't want to be fighting over you." she said "I'v turned away many males before. But I promised my self I'd give you a chance." she said head high to try to get the authority influence. "Can you promise me you'll abide by these rules? Some may be removed once I feel I can trust you more. Also is there anything you may want to add for both of us?" she asked.

((these posts feel so dang backwards))

Edited by little lost dragon

"Just one, you also don't go off and get another mate. I will abide to your conditions. You wouldn't possibly find anyone remotely close to me that is a female, besides my sister," Kadaen said. He was truthful and he hoped that Vrans would see that he was no avrage joe. Heck he could prove it.

Tetra was waiting for the sun to go down. To her it was an unending day for her.

Edited by polos1993

Runara's eyes widened as she heard that she had a tracking device. She lowered her head in shame, that she let the humans find the camp. Hearing Vita's question, she answered: "I think... they used that poison on them..."

Runara was glad at least that she acquired the formula of that poison. Then she remembered that there is also something else besides the formula...

Vita looked suprized. "Poisoning your own kind like that..... they must be using all over there own home then too...." he said then looked at Runara "As for the tracking device, don't feel bad about it. Not much you could have done about it anyway. We would have brought you in had it been showing anyway." he said gently taking a paw to raise her head so it was level with his "Thank you for bringing the book. That could save more lives then you may think right now." he said taking his paw away.

Vrans nodded "I can do that." she said "I'v turned more then one away before." she said then sighed "In the mean time, what do you normally do with your spare time?" she asked now wanting to just get some normal talking done. Rather then about issues or rules.

"More or less spending time with the hatchlings, sometimes I would have a fight with Tetra to keep her fighting skills up and as a stress releaf to her," Kadaen said. "What about you?"

After finishing reorganizing her medicines and herbs, Dharsii scooped up the bowls that needed cleaning and turned and headed out of the medic den. She stopped in the main room and gently took Shallen's book out of the air next to her and set it down on a rock near where she slept. The young White then turned to the platform that she attended to her patients on and spewed a burst of blue flame across it to steralize it in case she needed to treat another wounded dragon.

She then exited her cave and cast about outside before spreading her wings and taking off. She circled on warm air currents to gain altitude before heading off towards the nearby streams a short distance from the Clan. She landed in her usual spot and found the rocks that she had formed into a half circle along the edge of the flowing water. She gently set the bowls inside the circle of stones to let the stream clean them off for a while.

She then turned to look at her reflection in the water, tilting her head so that she could see the cloth covering her scar. It would have to be cleaned soon or it might get infected. She gently removed the bit of cloth from her face and set it inside the circle of stones as well. After cringing at the sight of the scar again she entered the creek a little way downstream to allow the water to wash out her scar and clear and dirt from under her scales.

Runara kept her head lowered until Vita raised it with his paw. "Really?" - she said. After some time she chuckled: "Well then... Seems like I need to get to my new duties, right? Herbs won't gather themselves. And... I am glad I have helped you somehow." - she bowed her head, then left. Right now she put herself a duty to collect herbs. But first she had to find Dharsii to ask her, what herbs she need to collect. With this, Runara walked to the medic cave.

"More or less spending time with the hatchlings, sometimes I would have a fight with Tetra to keep her fighting skills up and as a stress releaf to her," Kadaen said. "What about you?"

Vrans nodded smiling a little "I guess I don't check the hatchlings section out very often." she said "As what I do, its mainly keeping watch of the camp and helping those hurt to the camp for help." she said "Aside from that not much else. Hardly anyone can be around me when its sunny out it seems. Cloudy more then one male tend to come up. They never seem to learn." she said with disgust.

Runara kept her head lowered until Vita raised it with his paw. "Really?" - she said. After some time she chuckled: "Well then... Seems like I need to get to my new duties, right? Herbs won't gather themselves. And... I am glad I have helped you somehow." - she bowed her head, then left. Right now she put herself a duty to collect herbs. But first she had to find Dharsii to ask her, what herbs she need to collect. With this, Runara walked to the medic cave.

Vita nodded and smiled. He was glad he was able to raise her spirits. He looked around wondering what to do next. After a few moments he had a few other members do a patrol. See what the humans are up too and see what the land is looking like. He could not send thme out regularly as the humans get agitated at the constant sighting.

"Well then at least you know who cares about you," Kadaen said. He had tried to play with her inside the sun, that had to count for something inside his book.

Tetra sighed and she knew the day was only begining, but it seemed to never end with her today. She's in one of those moods where she wants things to fly by.

Vrans tilted her head at Kadaen's last line. She nodded slowly "Aside from our leader and maybe one or 2 other males I'm either left alone, or have to reject them. Being this breed has its ups and downs." she said not bothering to show off. Long body and shiny scales the works. It came with everyone her breed. Can get annoying more then anything.

Vita looked around and spotted Tetra looking bored. He went up to her and sat down "Anything on your mind?"

Edited by little lost dragon

"It's the same with every bread, some more drastic, like you and me, then others," Kadaen said. He did wanted to curl up around Vrans, but he didn't do it. He didn't want her to panic, possibly get rid of any chance he might have of being her mate.

"Just wanting the sun to go down. I have a better chance of desifering human language in the dark then inside the sun. Just a habbit I have," Tetra said. She was galde that Vita asked her, instead of her annoying brother. Well she found him annoying, because he is mainly playful whenever he was near Tetra.

Vrans nodded and stretched her wings "True, some its minor, like blacks, magis, and who knows how many others. I'd say Vines have it the worst though. With there backs of vines that almost behave on there own accord and eating pretty much anything they want too. As a result, its hard to be by a dragon when it feels like you got withering things making contact." she said. "There are a few that have learned how to control there vines but.... for them its like controlling a human with out making any contact." she said.

Vita got a little puzzled but nodded "Your eye's read better when there is not as much light?" he asked head tilted a little.

"I do agree that the blacks and mages has it minor, but I disagree with the vines. I say it's the vampires who have the worst luck. Many had changed while they were inside their egg, with not enough sill to stop the change, or they die because of the venom of the vampires. Lets say a black dragon egg was either given to a vamp, or the vamp found it, and the vampire bit it. That egg has only one out of two choices to make, die, or live as a vamp. Sometimes it takes a very strong will one to survive the change," Kadaen said. He did remember all of the pain of turning into a vampire. He had never turned an egg into a vampire, and he wasn't going to at all. Even if the mother begged, he would not do it.

"My kind can see inside the dark. I find it very easy to hunt at nighttime, while you might have trouble there. If you can't see in the dark, you're pritty much hapless there," Tetra said.

Vrans tilted her head to the side "I know for me, in all honesty I would chose death, as one I would not be what I was met to be, two I'd be no longer fully living and three I don't like large amounts of blood. My stomach refuses to eat any large blood clot and so on. So I'd be as good as dead anyway." she said. She with held a comment about escaping the change which sounded it was death which was better then being only half living or become the thing.... "Anyway lets get off that topic. I'm wondering how hatchlings behaver around you. You said you spend time with them.... how does that work? Any vamp I'v seen near by a hatchling the little one always runs no matter." she said.

Vita nodded "Most dragons can see at night, I suppose your eye's go to night vision when reading resulting in the day time being to bright?" he asked wondering how it worked.

"Some of them still run away from me, but I guess that is because I am scary to them. With the ones that do like me around, they're friendly to me like anyone else in the clan. To them it doesn't matter what kind of dragon you are," Kadaen said. He had nooded when she didn't want to continue a different topic, witch he was fine with.

"That is how it goes," Tetra said. "I'm mostly with nightime site, witch is why I tend to get up at sunrise because it makes it to bright for me."

VRans nodded "Vamps and such are treated differently but thats mainly do to there tendices to lash out with out warning." she said folding her wings again. She stood up "Well I suppose we should be heading back to camp before they wonder where we went." she said starting to take a weavy path in the shade.

Vita nodded "Your eye's don't like to adjust for day light by the sounds of it." he said

"Most do lash out, I have yet to really lash out at anyone. I have lash out, but only in small abouts, not enough to kill or hurt anyone badly," Kadaen said. He had been truthful, and even at that moment he was truthful.

"Yep. The night seems to be best with my eyes, though I don't get why," Tetra said.

Vrans nodded as she paused and waited for Kadaen to follow. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you control it? Most can't very well thus the reason why its almost very bad to be around a vamp." she said "Your breed kind of gave its self its rep, how do you control your inpulses.... also.... why do so many vamps have so little control?"

Vita nodded "Sounds like your eye's don't like adjusting very much." he said standing up "So how's things with your brother?" he asked

"Most vamps trie to quinsh something that can not be quinshed with out a high price. I take a look at both the good and the bad. I also have a high will, while most lose there will when they turn, I didn't. Call it one in many vampires if you will," Kadaen said. "Sometimes it's the breed that they got turned from. I was supposed to be a black dragon, but I am a vampire now."

"He is doing good. He's with Vrans now. I don't think I've never seen Kadaen go into a huge blood lust craze so he's better then all of the vamps that most beings met," Tetra said.

Edited by polos1993

Vrans nodded "True. could be a factor. But not a very large one." she said as they walked toward the camp. "Do you have any questions for my breed? As well we'v been talking a lot about yours." she said.

Vita nodded "I'm not sure when I asked about him being blood crazed but alright then." he said looking a little amused

"You didn't, but it was something that I felt I needed to say," Tetra said. She has a smile on her face.

"Well it in a since does depend on it. Mints don't have any will so they often die, while the gardains have a high will to servive," Kadaen said. "If you want to tell me stuff about your kind you can. I honestly don't have any questions."