athania

Warfare of the Salizdorian Races

((New charrie yay!

Username: Athania

Character Name: Talon

Race: elf

History: A lonely peasant farmer boy, Talon always had a huge crush on the chief's daughter, Akari. Talon has always adored her dainty grace ever since he met her when they both went berry-picking one day. He has noted that Akari has a certain way with animals, an unspoken language and understanding. Every time he sees her, he tries to impress her with various tactics that almost always end in failure, and her not even noticing him.

Appearance: Spiky short black hair, one electric blue eye and one a deep navy hue, tanned skin (for an elf), average elven height, toned muscles on his arms and legs, 6-pack

Personality: Has a manly caring strong aura about him, very polite and kind, would do anything in the world for Akari, isn't very brave, has an iron will for what he believes is right, and is a skilled blacksmith from practicing in his spare time))

Edited by athania

"Ma'am, we er... I have come here to bring supplies back to my... village. There was a... shortage on the um... Ok, I have to admit, this feels awkward. Anyway and clearly, Our village was attacked by some plant eating virus or animal and we don't have many seeds left. We were wondering if you would happen to have an extra few stocks of food. And I don't think our scientists or hunters can work under starvation." They tried to get out from under the girl but failed. Mainly it was the sword. "And we promise not to destroy your village. Not that you ever could. Stop it you guys, she thinks we're strange enough." Then the team waited for her response.

Edited by 9pmg5665

Akari's eyes widened as the man spoke. His eyes changed color as he seemed to shift through different personalities. "My family does not have any surplus vegetation as right now the area is currently in a drought. Well, there is only ONE thing I would trade our crops over for. One thing and one thing only." Akari brought as much false power into her voice as she could. "Your group of humans shall NEVER hurt my village again. If you touch any of the trees, fauna, or population, I will personally track you down and cut you in half where you stand. Understood?" Akari growled and brought the sword closer to his neck.

At this same moment Akari was actually dying inside. She hated swords. She hated hurting people. She wanted to help he man VERY badly, but her father would never approve, and her village was always under attack from the mechanical horrors the humans created. She needed to save her village and make it peaceful again. Had to.

Edited by athania

"We promise not to attack or harm your village. And being specif, our city doesn't rely on other mechanical cities except for supplies. OK that was a lie. We make most of the mechanical stuff from here to the other half of Salizador. You have got to be the dumbest one of us here. YET we stay neutral, supplying the factions only if needed. Like now but villages don't rely on us much but we do get by with our skills. If only you two were smarter. You're making it worse you know. Well we can't help it. Honesty is the best policy. Honesty is almost never the right policy. Says the man who just told her we are one of the biggest suppliers. STOP saying that!Well I did say it was to both factions. And you don't want peace? This village isn't up in arms and they live in huts, no offense, so you think they want peace too? We are probably the ones causing this war and keeping it going and most people want peace." Then the other two personas left in shame and stayed in a dark corner of his brain. "Anyway to properly introduce my self, I am Connor. Who are you? And also, I know what fake power is like. One of my own is fake but don't worry about that. You don't have to fake it anymore."

Akari breathed out. He didn't sound too bad. You know, except for making the majority of machines on the world. "Elves don't use machines you dimwit. So you're clearly not supplying both factions. Nice try. And also, don't think for a second I don't have the power in this situation. You're the one with a sword against your neck, and my father is the chief. I could kill you where you stand right here, so I don't recommend lying." Akari wanted this wretched man out of her village, out of this forest, and never bother her kind again. She was highly considering killing him on the spot.

~~~~~

Talon woke to the sound of voices outside his home. One of them was Akari's, but another was not someone from the village. Was Akari threatening him? That's not like her at all, she must be in trouble! Talon jumped out of bed, literally, grabbed his sword, and sprinted out his front door. He ran down the street and saw Akari holding her sword to a strange man's neck. "Akari who is this human and what is he doing here?!" He exclaimed.

"He's was just about to leave." Akari said in a tone unlike herself. She shoved the human away from her home.

Edited by athania

Lief followed the human girl down a small, dusty path to a lonesome two-horse stable next to a fairly large pasture.

The girl, Kaeti, turned her head and started to talk, "I have one horse, Cornick, but I board my other stall to travelers, though almost nobody comes by the Ilgari forest anymore, not with the increase in feral Pagires and Jeingos. Why are you traveling this way? I thought that elves always stayed over by Seawyrm Lake, and almost never come up here at the edge of the forest, up by Doria."

Lief gazed intently at the girl, watching her steady stride eat up the ground. She could prove useful to me, he thought, with all that she knows. I'll leave her be for now... "I'm here on buisness for the Queen," he replied gruffly, his sharp eyes daring her to talk back.

They walked in silence for a while, Lief brooding and Kaeti stealing glances at him. "Well, here we are," Kaeti said as she turned to pull open the barn door.

Lief stood with Ionocrest, loosely holding the reigns with complete control over him. When Kaeti had opened the door enough, he stepped forward and gently tugged at the reigns to get the warhorse to move forward.

Connor got away from the village and got to Punter. They yelled back to the village before they left. " We hope to see you again. This was a nice visit." Connor started it up and left. " They were a weird bunch. You think they would have been nicer if we were elves? Trust me, it would have been the same. Its a blood thing. What do you mean? Its mostly the same with dragons. See, if we were elves, they would treat us like others but if we were of the same clan, they would have excepted us. Only the blood of their clan is able to be treated like them. Its pure science of the psyche. Then the machine stopped at a lake, probably for the elves. "They won't mind us taking water. Did you hear anything I said?" Anger ignored him and left with the body. It took a few tubs of water and used a quarter of it to fill the fuel tank. He drank some of it and put the rest in the back row, Then the group got on their way to the city that they called home, yet hoping to attract a few "Friends".

Edited by 9pmg5665

Akari called after him as he left "Keep your stinking village of humans out of here!" Her shoulders slumped. She hated yelling at people, but her father would have killed her if he knew she let humans stay in the village. She looked over at Talon and asked, "Why are you up so early?"

~~~~

"I heard yelling and saw a human out here, so I thought you were in trouble." He shrugged his shoulders. She didn't reply, as if she hated him thinking she was weak. His cheeks flushed with color. "Not that I thought you were incompetent or anything..."

"I know," She replied. "I was just thinking about how odd that human was. He seemed to change personalities and have like, different souls all in his head at once. And his eyes kept changing color with each different personality. Weird, right?"

"Yea, totally." He responded, although he had NO idea what she was talking about.

"Well, I better be off back to bed..." She said quietly.

"Oh. Right. Bed. Okay I guess I'll see you tomorrow?..." He said timidly.

"Yeah. Goodnight." and with that, Akari walked back to her house, and Talon watched her go, captivated by her grace. He shook himself out of it, and jogged back to his ranch home.

"According to the map, we have one more village to go to. From the looks of it, its mostly, just a single manned settlement. That means there's only a few, not only one. If it was only one, it would be a hermit." then they got to a small settlement that looked like it survived off of hunting. They saw a stable though they kept Punter out of the village sight. They saw a man and a girl taking a horse to the stable and they looked rich enough though only the girl looked like a villager. He walked up to the girl and introduced himself. " I am Connor. I'm looking for food for my village an our leader doesn't know whats causing our supplies to be lowered and we've hunted at a very decent rate. The gardns aren't living well and we've done what we could. Can your village spare anything?"

Akari packed her supplies at 4 that morning. She couldn't sleep, and she was sick of this village life. She grabbed her saddle packs and bridled up Ejenra. Her steed was very uneasy this morning. he's only uneasy when something is watching him. Akari fastened the saddle down on Ejenra and walked over to the bushes, where she heard a rustling sound. She pulled apart the branches and saw a small rabbit. "Awww! You're so cute!" Akari exclaimed. She picked up the chocolate brown lop and stroked between its ears. It started thumping its foot out of extreme pleasure and Akari set it on top of Ejenra. "I'll name you...Tibbers!" She put the bunny down in her saddle pack and went inside for some carrots.

When she came back out, she saw Talon standing next to Ejenra. "And where do you think you're going to early?" He said with a grin. Akari sighed, shook her head, and hopped on top of Ejenra.

"Anywhere but here," She said. My parents are overbearing, and I'm tired of the same old routine. So I'm headed off to the nearby village to meet new people, try new things, and maybe make some peace in this world. I'm heading off right...now. Kiya!" She whipped the reins and off she went.

~~~~

Talon sprinted back to his farmhouse. He couldn't wait for her to get hurt out there! She wouldn't hurt a fly, so how could she defend herself from desert nomads? He quickly packed his bags and jumped on his father's horse, Blitz. He took off down the old dirt road, galloping as fast as the young red stallion could. Soon he saw Akari on the horizon. As soon as he caught up with her he said, "You thought you were gonna go on your own, huh? Well I thought you might need a 'guardian' of sorts. So here I am!" Akari sighed, and they continued down the road.

Edited by athania

((Thanks 9 for giving me something to do. Its not really a village, because Kaeti lives a bit away from everyone, but it'll make it interesting...))

Lief stiffened when he heard footfalls coming up fast. He kept nudging Ionocrest along, trying to act like nothing was wrong, because he knew that Kaeti, as a human, couldn't hear it yet. He clucked softly to the horse and entered the dimly-lit barn. A small, stocky brown horse was leaning its head over the stall door, and an empty stall was opposite it.

Kaeti brightly exclaimed, "Your horse can use that stall over there. That's Cornick, my horse, hes very sweet and won't hurt your horse. What's his name? I can't keep calling him 'your horse'!"

Lief watched Kaeti as she started to hear the person coming up. She leaned out the door, watching the, judging by the heavy plodding steps, human walk up to them.

Kaeti listened to the man speak as he stepped inside the barn. "Sure," she replied, "I have some extra blankets and food. How far away do you live? I can take it there if you need, seeing as you're alone."

Lief instinctively stiffened and pulled back into the shadows, lowering his head and pulling Ionocrest into the stall. His eyes glared daggers at the human, whom Lief didn't trust. All humans are weaklings, he thought to himself, he shouldn't be here. If his village is too weak they shouldn't leech off of others and cause them to fall, who lean on others until they fall.

Connor bowed to them. " I'll take the food. The village is close to a week away. Yes. Our village will find a way to return the favor. And I wouldn't exactly think of me as a weakling, Elf. Sorry for him. But so far every Elf that we have met today, either tried to kill us or refused to trade. There is a village about 10 minutes away that would accept elves but not humans. Mainly they tried to kill us." Connor started to twitch. " Either way, we thank you. If you be so kind, we would like to introduce you to our village. You don't exactly look like you have one here much your self. We do have a lot of other supplies too if your willing to take them. Trade requiers two and we have to much of the other supplies." Connor moved his hand in a signal that meant to come over when he got to Punter. " Five seater."

((Is it too late to join? ; n;))

Username: LoopsnLou

Character name: Arren

Appearance: Standing at a tall 6' 5", Arren has almost sickly pale skin. He's almost ridiculously thin, with a narrow waist and bony limbs, with only the slightest hints of muscle. Arren can fall ill rather quickly since his body is somewhat unhealthy, and it's very easy for him to break bones or injure himself, so he avoids fighting whenever it's possible. His eyes are a crystal blue that turn darker or lighter depending on lighting. He has hair that is a deep shade of russet with a golden tint. It's kept short and out of the way so he doesn't have to worry about it. He usually wears olive colored tunics with regular brown pants to blend in with the forest surroundings.

History: Arren came from a family of elves that had always resided on the edges of the Seawyrm lake. Arren's behaviour is strongly influenced by the way his parents had taught him to always be wary of those around him. They lived off the vegetation around the lake and the fish that could be found there as well. When he was of age, his parents sent Arren out into the world to allow him to gain experience. Since then, Arren has been wandering Salizdor, always cautious and shifty.

Personality: Arren is generally friendly but can be suspicious when it comes to meeting new people. He tends to become anxious when he senses that there is danger near, and is quick to run away. Described by most as a coward, Arren wouldn't really deny the title. After being with a person for long enough, though, he can ease back a bit and not be so on alert around them.

Race: Elf

((Accepted! =D))

Akari and Talon trotted up to a large home that had a beaten up barn, but looked very quaint. She saw Connor talking to another human girl as she handed him supplies. Akari rolled her eyes. What a stupid beggar. She came up to the home and bowed respectfully to the girl while glaring at Connor. "My name is Akari, I live in the village not far from here. I am the chieftain's daughter, and this is my friend, Talon. My apologies that this beggar has spread lies, but he came to my home at one in the morning, and my father hates humans so I had to drive him out or he would have killed me... Now, I am on the road with Talon and would appreciate a place to stay while our horses rest, if you could ever be so kind." Akari dipped her head to the girl again, and waited for a reply.

Edited by athania

" I have spread no lies. Maybe not telling her every thing but not a single lie. And by everything, we mean that we have over supplied our other resources. But in truth, we have some kind of food virus or theft that takes our food. You'd think we've created a cure by now but we have had just well... I can't really explain it. As we said, we don't have much food. We can show you our village. We aren't very racist. Just a big supplier of Shut up. Just be quite. What? I was just going to tell them- SHUT UP!" They stopped in hope the friend wouldn't stop the trade. " Well, anyway, that was most of me. So whats your say?" He said looking at the other human and trying to avoid the look of other Elves.

Akari rolled her eyes. "I didn't try to kill you, or you would be dead. I just wanted you out of the village. Do you not think that's a lie? And there's something you aren't telling her. You supply half of the human population with machinery that is destroying this world. In case you haven't noticed, earthquakes are getting worse every day, and the world might just split in two." Akari glared at Connor one more time, then went and found a hitching post to attach Blitz and Ejenra to.

((@LoopsnLou: It's never too late to make a charrie :D Welcome! Feel free to start RPing at any time!))

Lief shifted, his bright eyes gleaming under his long bangs. A shifter, he thought, bemused, and a human no less. What an interesting surprise...

Kaeti looked up as two more elves approached. Wow, she thought, I won't have room for them all! Listening to the elf and the human bantering, she went over to the elf and closed the stall gate, motioning to where the hay was. The elf taken care of, she walked back toward the elf and Connor. "Hey, settle down," she said, pointing out the hitching post and water bucket to the elf. "All right Connor, wait here please. If you know how you can hitch up the cart over there to the brown horse right there. If you don't know, just wait here."

Lief turned back to Ionocrest after watching the bickering, and started to brush down the big black horse. He purposely ignored the human, instead speaking to the elf, "You're the daughter of (inset name of chieftain here)? I have met with him on occasion. It is nice to meet you. He finished brushing down Ionocrest and walked back over to the elves, latching the stall gate behind him. And you are?" he asked, nodding toward the other elf.

((Yay!~ Okey Dokey :3))

Arren was wandering aimlessly again. The forests around him were dark and suspicious in his eyes, but Arren kept walking, since he much preferred to be leaving than staying. He'd been alone ever since he'd begun "exploring", but the solitude definitely wasn't helping him. Every sound, from the crunching of leaves to the howling wind, scared the wits out of him and set him bolting as far as possible. Of course being with someone else wouldn't help much either, since that person could possibly want to kill him or blackmail him or torture him any moment he wasn't watching them. Maybe it was better without a companion, he suggested to himself quietly. Arren continued this long debate in his head for about half an hour, until he came upon a settlement. There was a group of people there, speaking rather loudly, but Arren couldn't tell what was happening. He grew anxious and decided to crouch down and hide behind a bush to observe the group, unknowingly rustling the bush loudly.

"My name is Akari, and yes, my father is Martyn, chief of the Maokei clan." She did a respectful bow and did the elven greeting that is like a handshake, but you use both hands, one on top of the other, to show you mean no harm. "Its a pleasure to meet you. What is your name?" Akari smiled warmly as Talon returned with hay covered hands and blushing, wiped them off.

"My name is Talon, also of the Maokei clan." He did the same handshake. "Quite a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Ejenra's ears twitched and he swung his head towards to forest. He whinnied and stomped his feet. She whispered to Talon, "Do you hear that?"

"Yeah," He replied. "Let me go see whats going on over there." Slowly he drew his old iron sword and crept towards to source of the noise. Then, he dove into the bush and grabbed the form, dragging it out of the shadows. Sword raised above his head, he saw it was a sickly pale, bony, young adult wearing an olive tunic and brown pants. Talon growled, "Were you spying on us?"

Edited by athania

Out of sheer shock and fear, he let out a gasp of surprise. He squirmed to get away, but the hand gripped him too tightly by the shirt for him to set himself free. It's not like he wasn't expecting the attack, in fact, he was getting ready to bolt and run when he saw the figure approaching him with a sword from his bush. In a choked voice filled with panic, he confessed as to why he was watching them from a bush.

"I'm no spy, I swear!" he stammered quickly, his eyes fleeting between the person holding him and the people in the distance. Arren's gaze flickered his eyes up to the face of his "attacker" but shut his eyes closed. In the possible last few moments of his life, that would be the last face he would see, and he wanted to forget it, and he also didn't want to see what he was going to see what he was going to do with that sword of his.

"I was only lost! Only wandering!" He continued, the words slurring together somewhat.

Talon gazed down on the squirming elf. He held his sword high and said in a low gravely tone, "If you touch a hair on the brunette's head I will personally dice you into bite-sized pieces. Understand?" He continued glaring down on the being. He was just skin and bone. No muscle, no fat, and you could see his bones in his hands. "If you promise to keep to yourself and not harm her, I will get you some food. You're too unnaturally thin, and I pity you. Also, if you prove some worth, you could stay with me and Akari. My name is Talon." Talon sheathed his sword and got up from over the scrawny elf. "And if you have no mount, we'll have to find you a horse." Talon walked away and back towards Akari. he whispered gently in her ear, "He is no threat to anyone, as he has not a single ounce of muscle, and he is unarmed. I offered him a place in our group, if he proves his worth and stays loyal." He looked up into her molten dark chocolate eyes, and felt himself begin to slip away. Talon shook himself out of it and went to feed their mounts.

Edited by athania

Kaeti looked over at the elf, Talon, grapping the thin elf. "Hey, let him go," she yelled at him, walking out of her house with a bundle of food and supplies. Lief had heard her ask Connor to get Cornick, so he had gone over to get him, quickly walking him out and finding the harness. Cornick stood, ready and waiting on the little dirt path. "Thanks," she said more quietly, "Connor, are you ready to go?"

Connor was phased in his own mind. Something was crawling around it like a bug but it was jumping and no web was formed. " You guys hear that? No. But that scared the censorkip.gif out of me. If you heard it then how didn't you? Coming for life That! Its there again! I heard it too. Anyone controlling the outside?" They shook their heads and Shy took outside. " Anyway, yes sure. Its near where the elf was attacked. " Connor showed the girl to Punter. " This is it. I'll take the supplies" Connor picked the stuff up and put it in the back seat. " Its mostly harmless but its fast"

Akari glared at Talon. "You didn't need to scare him like that!" She scolded him. Talon's cheeks flushed and he looked down, quite abashed. Alakari looked up at Kaeti. "Hey, are you leaving? I'm traveling at the moment and would love to know another village to visit." Akari smiled shyly at the humans, looked down, and shuffled her feet in the dirt.

((Gah! We need desert nomads and ents! >.<))

Edited by athania

((Sent my signup sheet to athania via PM, but I'll repost it here if you want...))

Username: Colourcodedchaos

Character name: Violet Clayton

Appearance: Violet's an engineer, which rather limits the ability to look and feel pretty on the job - not that she cares. Honest. She's of an average height, with razor cheekbones and a pale complexion to her face when it's visible through the accumulated soot and grime. Her hair, originally dead-mouse brown, has been dyed jet black in colour by the choking smoke of human furnaces. It's cut in a slightly ragged bob and usually jammed under some sort of protective headgear. She's possessed of a decidedly androgynous form, though this may just be the cut of the engineering jumpsuit she wears - and considering it's surmounted by a hardened leather apron, this looks pretty likely. Large combat boots complete the outfit. Which is good. No need to be pretty if you're an engineer, is there. Is there?

History: Born into grinding poverty in the sunless depths of a human tech citadel, Violet Clayton had three options: get smart, get a slaggy outfit, or stay in squalor for the rest of her days. She threw herself into private study, saving up the pay from her menial, back-breaking job in one of the city's innumerable factories to buy textbooks. Eventually, she knew enough - or thought she did - to write a paper on a new design for carbon-sequestering bypass filters and send it off for publication, complete with some working models. She was 14. After that, she was given a new position in the factory close to the manager and found she enjoyed the R'n'D department - working with her team on building all sorts of fantastical items. Her mother still resents her for it.

Personality: Clayton is a certified genius with technology and an incredible work ethic, but she suffers from manic depression and a huge inferiority complex. Reserved to the point of outright terror at social interaction and terrified of being hurt by people, she tends to follow orders without question; any "bad" behaviour as a child and young adult resulted in savage beatings from her mother (her father gone long before her birth, lost to one of the innumerable grumbling skirmishes that have ground on since time immemorial), who didn't so much believe in 'Spare the rod and spoil the child' as 'Spare the rod and use an old sock with a brick in it instead.' As such, she's physically tremendously weak and pretty much useless in a fight, having a tendency to flashback whenever someone bigger than her shows up with an eye for a fight. Given her petite stature, this tends to be basically everyone.

Race: Human; Dragons are OP in every single setting they're a player character option in and elves disgust me on general principle.