athania

Warfare of the Salizdorian Races

((@colourcoded: She is the ELF QUEEN. She is highly respected in all races and has spies all over Salizdor.

@Shadow: What are her flaws?))

Kaeti heard Lief coming from her perch in the watchtower, and watched him hawk-like through a narrow arrow slit. The guard saw that Lief had returned, and opened the door to the spiraling stairs going down. Lief nodded as he saw her, and curtly spoke,"We should go. I'll be heading east. You can come if you want." Kaeti laughingly said as she clambered onto Cornick,"Of course I'm coming. I'm not going back home now!" They headed out of the city, this time only shy glances and shocked faces turning up to them. They traveled along a well-ridden path, Lief slightly ahead.

((@athania: Okay, so Punter's unique. Fair enough, evidently the character's owner hasn't got round to publishing in a journal yet. You imply that all human players can be mounted upon a Nanostrider; if you could please explain how a civilisation can build this sort of thing a lot - and if a scientist builds something, they rely on prior knowledge and then repay it by publishing their work to be peer-reviewed and improved upon, that being the scientific method, so if one was built by a scientist there'd be a lot of them around, simply because it's big news - without accumulating the kind of intellectual baggage that comes from grand research projects like this, then I will happily eat my shoes. That all said, I have an idea for some interaction between Violet, Lauren and Akari, but it's not entirely pleasant. I'll PM you the outline. Final point, I wasn't suggesting that my characters would kill ubbydubby's. Far from it, in fact; I was merely point out that as ideas go, having someone who looks extremely different to a human marching into a heavily defended military installation full of black ops types is... well, it's a really bad one. I'm not sure how bad, but it's definitely three buses, a long walk and eight quid in a taxi from good. Elves Are Just Better doesn't cut it in the Circus.))

((My characters were just going to observe the people and find out more about what the Grey's are doing, not actually finding their secret lair.))

((@ubbydubby: Ah, I see. My apologies. In which case... I have an idea of Vi's first training mission. I wouldn't worry about getting on a boat any time soon. Also, it might do you all some good to look up one Cornelius Drebbel on Wikipedia or some such thing. Just a hint.))

Vi was coming out of her third lecture of the day (and who would have thought that electronic wave coherence generation could cause that amount of fire and screaming...) and stumbled shyly along the corridor towards the sniper's range. Her colleagues in the EP program had helped her a lot, and she was grateful, but they could get a little... intense sometimes. It was all some of them could do not to let out diabolical laughter more than eight times a lecture.

She dropped into the range after about twenty minutes' walk, waved at the manageress and got out her rifle and Newcomen pack. With a scientist's eye for detail, she noted that the breech was going to need another clean and that some of the actuators needed to be de-coked, but beyond that she was spotless. She plugged the power cables into the stock, flicked and battle-locked a couple of switches, yanked the cord, felt the gentle, steady throb of the engine on her back as it bubbled into life, checked the gauges, checked the capacitors, settled down into the almost meditative routine of the sniper. It was all routine now.

Her first assignment, a few weeks ago at the start of the EP course, had been to design and construct a ranged energy weapon using the knowledge they possessed from private reading and the rest of the Advanced Physics Program's teachings. Most had gone for the standard automatic rail rifle or heavy coilgun, sticking with the Statics practical work they knew they could do. Vi, however, had built Mrs. Dimbleby (she enjoyed naming her projects things like that, it made them feel safer) to be a pure projected-energy rifle. The next assignment had been to pass the basic marksmanship test with said rifle. Since Vi had yet to pass it with anything, let alone a weapon she'd jerry-rigged out of reappropriated lab equipment and bits of old engine from a breakers' yard. However, it just felt... right. Sitting in her arms like that. She felt good.

The phased-output pulse smacked into the head of the target at the opposite end of the wall and smeared the ballistic gel over quite a lot of concrete. Violet had long since stopped jumping at the noise of Mrs. Dimbleby's firing sequence - and a good thing too, that almost being a weapon in itself, a great harsh crack of ranked Leyden-canister discharge that reeked of boiling acid and sounded like a wall giving way in a condemned office block. She ran through the rest of the targets, tongue slightly stuck out in concentration. Now to build a hydraulic frame for the Newcomen turbine... I suppose another trip to the yard's in order.

"Ah, there you are. Thought I'd find you here." Violet jumped a little before the voice registered in her brain as Lauren's. "Got a new module for you to attend."

"Um, if it's that dynamics of electron module, I told the seminar leader I wasn't interested-"

"Nope, not that one. This is Intelligence Gathering I, and your first lesson is now. Some bunch of jokers masquerading as us grabbed an elf a few days back. Government got wind of it and dragged her here, so it's our job to see if she's an enemy asset or just another tourist in the ultimate sightseeing mecca that is Adar Vapora."

"... Enemy asset? We're not at war, though. Not with the elves."

Lauren smiled and ruffled the younger woman's hair. "You just get cuter every day, you know that? Every day. Chop chop, trainee, we've got an elf to interrogate. Do you want to be the good cop or the bad cop?"

"Good cop." The answer came with a long-learned swiftness. Every girl wants to be good when the alternative is working through a haze of pain tomorrow morning.

"Okay. We've got a script for you. Don't worry, I will not let her hurt you. From what we've established so far, her name's Akari and she's an elf."

"... Anything beyond that?"

"We've only been interviewing her for about a minute. Mostly we just left her there until we figured out what to do with her. Got your pistol?" Vi nodded, the blackened steel a comforting weight on her belt. "Good. Time to make a new friend."

They swung through the heavy steel door and sat down opposite the elf. Violet reached into the holster for her revolver and caressed the handle, telling herself over and over that she was in control, that she was safe.

No-one was going to hurt her.

((e.e athania, I really hate powerplaying but you're not typing anything DX))

Rasi went downstairs before the male elf could answer, stepping onto the steps carefully with her big toes. But she was still manging to go faster then him as she peered over her shoulder and saw him behide her just by a few steps. She sniggered a little then it fad away when she almost tripped over her own toes. The small dragon and the elf that looked like Akari finally reached down at the bottom, a door was blocking their way. She gentlely nudged it open and took a look inside, there was a huge room. It was far larger then any other rooms she seen in her whole life and lots of people were walking around in their, some sitting down using their werid looking box thing while others testing out their weopans. She quickly moved away from the door when she thought that someone was looking at her.

"Maybe we should go upstairs," she whispered to the elf. Turning around carefully to not hit him with her tail as they climbed all the way back up to the same place were they had started. She was already tried from all of the climbing, she felt like she was dragging her own dead body up and down while her claws weighted a tonne. Without saying anything, she letted out a low growl of exhustment as she climbed more stairs. After a few minutes, she paused to catch her breath. She was panting loudly and shook her head a little before climbing back up again. It felt like hours for the small dragon, her scales flashed to a orange color as she got more exhusted. But it was only 2 minutes of tortue for her. She letted out a sign of relief when she saw the stairs ended and she looked back down proudly to see how high she just climbed. Just before she touched the door, they busted open with two grey women standing there, as soon as they saw the dragon and the escaped prisonor, they snatched their swords from their belts and pointed them at her before swinging it to take a srike at the dragon. Rasi letted out a fearful screech as she saw the swords swinging at her neck, she moved back just in time before it could had cutted though her orange scales. She moved more back to dodge another blow of the men. But she wasn't quick enough on the thrid strike at her leg, she letted out a small roar of pain before she smacked one of her claws into one of their faces. Knocking one of the grey women down.

Edited by Tiffashy

(( If you guys don't mind, you all have good reasons for what you are doing. Yet you all are criticizing the other. Athania is not typing much but she has to work with 3 different characters and they're in different situations. UbbyDubby, you aren't specifically going anywhere currently but I see what you're trying to do and the path your going through. Tiffashy, I personally think that as well as you are doing with your dragon, I think you should make a new one and try to make progress with Ubby or someone else so you have something to do while Athys away. CCC, you keep typing walls. Your doing the same thing that Tiffashy is doing but with no other character that's someone else. I could do the same thing as I just said with Tiffashy too. Just stop arguing.))

((CCC, you keep typing walls. You're doing the same thing that Tiffashy is doing without any character interaction.))

((Bold bits are the correct grammar and rejigged sentence structure, since the original version had sentences that weren't so much constructed as jerry-built by a redneck in an elderly pickup truck. As for my long posts, well... this is mostly an exercise in establishing Vi's character (who is definitely not a heavily armed Fluttershy-analogue with a background more suited to My Chemical Romance lyrics after the berk as writes the songs has been in a car accident, goodness no) and making sure that I have her down in a way that can get me feedback from the people she's going to be interacting with. If that offends you... well, read my sig.))

Edited by colourcodedchaos

((I'm not arguing :\

I was thinking about making another character before so i'll make one when I feel like it))

((Tiffasy, they don't have like any people and there are NO MEN, which CCC has explained MANY times. xd.png I'm not mad or anything, but you need to stop doing that lol!))

Akari blinked rapidly as light poured into the room and the young woman's hand slid to a pistol in her belt. Akari's muscles stiffened and she tried to reach her hand to her sheath, except that her sword was confiscated and her hands were clamped to the table. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of her face as the women sat down in the two chairs in front of her, the younger shuffling some papers in her lap.

~~~~~~~~

Arie sat shocked, this was not what she anticipated. "Connor, I don't want your blueprints. I just don't want you to get hurt. " Her gaze lowered to the floor as a rat skittered across the wooden panels. She sighed and got to her feat. When she reached her bag, she slung it over her shoulder. "We could stay on the run together, as it would be safer than alone. Unless you have somewhere to be. If the latter is true, I will just be on my way and leave you to hopefully heed my warning and hide from the nomads. Farewell, Connor of the humans." She walked out the door, not daring to look back. For some reason, the thought of leaving him there tugged on her heart. Still, she did not turn back. Instead, she pulled her hood over her head and walked slowly down the street.

~~~~~~~~~~

Talon followed the dragon up several flights of stairs, carefully avoiding her tail as they went. When they finally reached the top, a woman in grey walked out of a door, looking shocked at the escaped prisoners. The woman drew her swords and started swinging at Rasi. Talon reached for his sword, but found a lacking of sheath and the reassuring touch of metal. He sighed internally and decided to go hand to hand. He leaped at the woman, driving her into the floor with his sheer weight. He stole her sword and put it near her throat. "Tell me where the other elf Akari is. Now."

((My bad xd.png I'll edit it again >.<))

Rasi backed while like an injurd dog while holding her leg in the air, limping on three legs. She quickly licked her wound not noticing the elf threating the grey woman. She felt her own bitter blood get onto her tounge, making her taste bubs sticking up with bitternes. The orange scaled dragon looked back at them, not actully knowing what to do since she isn't very intelligent. The grey lady seemed pretty scared about getting her own sword drawn to her neck, she seemed a lot like a coward when she was trying to speak. "Upstairs," she spoke in a rather quick way, Rasi can sense fear inside of her. "Just don't kill me."

Upstairs? More stairs? Rasi letted out a low groan when she had the thought about climbing up more stairs. She felt like herself was going to drop down dead soon if she climbed any more stairs. She licked more of her wound as she watched him beginning to go his next action.

Edited by Tiffashy

((Just try to settle down you guys.

Username: ubbydubby

Character name: Sphy

Appearance: A ice-blue dragon, with piercing eyes the same color as his skin. He has a white scale right underneath his left jawbone, with darker blue wingtips and muzzle.

History: An old dragon, he sometimes visits Skulblaka but is usually off hunting around for adventures. He has gotten himself into many scrapes over the years, but has always managed to get through somehow, usually by means of trickery.

Personality: He is wise and brave, but will back down from a fight if he knows he cannot win without a miracle. He can be shy meeting other dragons, and is kind to the little ones. However, he is also slightly bloodthirsty and enjoys a good battle where the sides are evenly matched or tilted in his favor.

Race: Dragon

))

Lief and Kaeti left town, riding at an easy pace. Kaeti relaxed in the peace, and allowed herself to take it easy. The next day, they set off from the clearing where they had spent the night. After about an hour, the horses turned nervous, shying at every little thing. They turned a corner on the path that cut through the dense woods, and Kaeti nearly forgot to breathe. Lying on the ground up ahead, blocking the path, was the blue dragon who had been fighting when they had entered the elven city. Lief uttered a curse, and gently leapt off his horse, his hand seemingly glued to his sword. He strode toward the large dragon, his eyes calculating the dragon's movements, trying to see if it would wake. Kaeti dismounted as well, though not as easily as Lief. She jogged up to him and touched his arm,"Don't bother it. It's hurt, we should help it!" Lief stared at her is disbelievement, "Help it? It's a dragon! A dangerous one at that." He continued walking, and slid his sword out of the sheath, but was just about to swing it when the dragon opened its piercing, ice-blue eyes. "Ah, you wouldn't do that, would you?" he asked courteously. Lief paused, austounded. He backed away, his eyes giving away no terror but only awe at the ancient being. The dragon lifted its head and shook itself awake, scattering dust as he leaped to his feet with an agility unable to be matched. "So where are you two going?" he continued his greeting.

Edited by ubbydubby

((Oh did it sound like I was aguring? Sorry, I was just getting really confused but I wasn't mad at all xd.png))

Username: tiffashy

Character name: Artaxes

Appearance: Dragon. Black, sleek looking, has lots of spines running down his back and as a spine tail as a weopan of defense. Many small but long horns sits on his head and his underbelly is red. His teeth can inject vemon into other creatures which can take a while to knock out other creatures but does take time to do its work (I'll remove this abilty if it seems unfair)

History: Not much is known about him, what he came from and where he lives is a mystrey. What is known about him is that he works alone and will do any dirty work for others just for gems. His father teached him all he knew about tricks. Artaxes seems to have a weaknes for gems and other shiny stuff like gold and would do anything for them, incuding capture, killing and stealing to destorying. He has his own rules.

Personality: He is like one of those characters which apear from nowhere from behide and creep you out when you hear his cold voice hissing in your ear. He doesn't like getting much attention to himself and blends in with the crowd with other dragons easily or just hiding in the shadows. Artaxes's family has a bad habit for loving gems which lead them to their deaths and it carried their love for gems for their son. He would risk his life and would do anything that is shiny or rare even if it endangered his life. He is calm, quick and dangerous. Artaxes is someone that you do not want to mess with.

Race: Dragon. (A black one)

Edited by Tiffashy

((Oops, i'll edit it. xd.png

He has a strong weakness for loving gems and other shiny stuff which may lead him to his death if it was some bait or trap or something. He would even risk his life for one of the rarer ones. Example: A ruby fell into the water and Artaxes would dive after it and try and grab it))

((Hmm. The poison is a tad bit unfair. Maybe you could just have it so their actions slow down, or they get groggy? I would be fine with that. You can begin to RP. We now have enough dragons. happy.gif We seriously need someone to make an ent, as we have absolutely no outlook on what they are doing, and it seems they are not even part of the RP. I would, but I already have three characters... sleep.gif 9, could you make one since you only have one charrie? Or maybe CCC?))

Talon grunted and said, "Thank you. Your life will be spared." Then he hit her temple with the hilt of his sword, knocking her out cold. Then, he jogged to the next staircase, beginning to ascend. As he went higher, he heard a metallic click, followed by the slam of a door. Akari. They must be interrogating her now! He quickened his pace, hurrying up the stairs to where the sound originated. After not even 20 steps, he found himself in a long hallway, with only 5 doors. Each had several locks, and a small glass window. He walked with his sword drawn, ready to attack. Then he saw it. One door with the latch undone. He crept down the hall and slowly wrapped his hand around the knob. In one fluid moment, he twisted the knob and flung the door open, revealing Akari bound to a chair in a bland room like the one he found himself in earlier. He leaped like a jaguar onto the shorter of the two women, drawing his sword near her throat, like the other. "Rasi! Guard the door!" Then to the taller woman, "Make a move, and this one dies. I want this elf out of here untouched."

~~~~~~~~~

Akari gasped as the door flung open and Talon jumped through the opening to the hallway, and jumped onto the younger woman Akari's age. Then he growled, "Rasi! Guard the door!" Then to the taller woman, "Make a move, and this one dies. I want this elf out of here untouched." She grinned him. This was a Talon she had never seen. A hero.

She followed the elf that looked like Akari up the steps, Rasi letted out a low groan when she felt exhusted and her tail was getting dragged along the ground as they climbed higher and higher. She was too busy thinking about how exhusting the stairs are, she just noticed that the elf entering a room. The small dragon puffed out a small cloud of smoke before chasing after him, leading her into a room with more grey women and Akari tied up to a chair. Her tail wagged like a dog's tail excitedly, she wanted to pounce on Akari, licking her cheeks but then the male elf gave her commards to guard the door as he held his sword to one of their necks. He threated the other that he would split her neck open if the taller one dare to make a move. Before Rasi knew what the taller elf mean't, another grey person was waiting at the enterance with a sword in her hands. Defensively, Rasi letted out a low growl which sounded more like an angry wolf snarl. The small dragon puffed out another small cloud of smoke before opening her mouth to breath out more fire, but the grey person acted too quickly, she ducked under the flames, sliding under the small dragon's underbelly before jabbing it into its chest. Rasi's scales flashed to a red color as she letted out a roar of pain when she felt her underbelly got sliced though. Rasi fell to her knees, getting up slowly as the blood oozed from her wound, coloring the dull ground dark red. In her eye corner, she saw the grey woman getting ready to strike again. Rasing her sword above Rasi's snake like neck, going to go in for the kill. Just before Rasi felt the silver sword slice her head off, she felt her jaws clasped around her leg, tugging the grey woman over while shaking it as if she wanted to rip it off. The grey woman wasn't screaming for help but her eyes watered with pain, trying to free her leg from the dragon's mouth. She reached over to grab her sword which was lying across the floor, her finger tips manage to felt the metal and she gripped her hand around it, pulling it closer towards her. Before she could take another strike at the dragon, she felt herself get pinned to the ground when its red claws slammed into her shoulder, pushing her face into the ground and nearly breaking her nose. A low groan of pain came from her lips and her eyes shutted to fight back the pain sweeping over her. Rasi had a second of thought to remember what just happened, she felt horror swept over her as she thought about how violent she was becoming. A murder. A killer. Nothing more then a wild animal killing other people just to save her friends. Without thinking her teeth dug into her neck, the grey woman stopped moving, stopped trying to free herself as layed there as a corpse.

Rasi backed away from the dead body, her scale flashed into a new color that she never felt before. Black. Everything inside of her felt horriable and dull, she felt upset up herself and couldn't understand what just happened. This woman properly didn't mean't any harm, she just wanted to protect her friends just like Rasi wanted to protect hers. Another wave of pain hitted her in the belly, she just remembered that her chest was bleeding and the small dragon letted out a low grunt of pain. Looking disgusted with herself, she slowly turned around to see her friends with a horror in her eyes. Clearly upset with what she just done.

-------------------------

Artaxes scanned the forset for his target, studying the tall pine trees and the small group of people walking down the road made from dirt. He licked his blood less lips and moved back into the shadows as he watched from the tree. They were talking to each other, talking and laughing to each other. Still they didn't notice the predator stalking them. Artaxes steathly moved from his spot, threading on the dired up leafs and twigs without making a sound. Still they didn't notice. A small smirk apeared on his face as he followed them down the road, baring some of his bone white teeth. His eyes rested on the person in the middle of the group, which was chatting the most loudest and laughing hard. Still they didn't notice him...

((Long post but please don't bite if I said something wrong unsure.gif))

Edited by Tiffashy

Talon glanced quickly back over his shoulder at Rasi. She was laying there coated in blood, scales pitch black like the night sky. She looked positively miserable. "Rasi, you did good. Don't feel bad. She was going to kill you if you didn't kill her first. You did the right thing." He turned. "Now. Back to what I was saying. I need transport out of here for me, my friend, and the dragon. I'll take your friend here along, just to be sure you won't attack us on our way out."

Nodding to Talon, she moved further from the dead body, disgusted to look at it and look at the work of murder she just done. She moved her sadden eyes away from Talon and Akari with the other grey women, she stared at the door waiting for her next enemy to approach.

------------------

As silent as a ghost, as deadly as a plague. The sleek, black dragon followed after the small group of men. It was time to strike now, it was time to go in for the kill. Time to finish what needed to be done. Couching low as a tiger, getting ready to spring into action and kill his target. A low hiss spilled from his lips. The men stopped laughing and turned around, before a scream can be heard, the dragon pounced at the middle one with its claws unsteathed. Grabbing him around his chest with one of his sharp talons before taking off into the sky like a jet. Now the screams could be heard. The helpless man trashed around in his claws wildly, willing to free himself but stopped when he discovered that he would fall to his death if he manage to escape. He threw a horrified look at the large beast, fear overcame him quickly, sweeping over his body like poison. The black dragon looked back down to him. It was smiling. More like a smirk instead, when his teeth were baring from its nightshade black lips.

"Goodbye human." That was its last words before he let go of him. Artaxes watched the man scream in horror when he realise that the dragon letted go. He gave another lazily flap before turning away to get his reward, turning away from the falling man which scream's were getting fainter and fainter when he fell down further and further in till they all of the sudden stopped. Artaxes never felt guilt of what he just done, his greed for gems washed away all of his shamenes and saddnes, mainly guilt. He just murdered that man, or rather slaughtered him just so he could collect his award from his girlfriend. Ages ago, she promised the dragon some gems only if he killed her boyfriend. He didn't ask any question and gone on with his task straight away. The reason why she wanted him killed was a mystery to Artaxes but he didn't want to know anyway. He just wanted his gems so he can shower himself with weathlynes and greed.

Artaxes's parents died from falling into a trap which was baited with gold and other rare shiny things. They as well was also greedy which lead them to their deaths and lead their love for gems to their son, Artaxes.

((I don't think I can really go for an ent. There's no science involved and, frankly, nothing of interest in the characters. It's a tree that talks. To quote Gimli, "what do trees have to talk about save the consistency of squirrel droppings?" I mean, it's possible that someone could do the whole All Quiet On The Western Front thing with it, but that would require a full-on war - there's no point at all in getting the view of the man on the battlefield when there's no battlefield for him to be on. Also, seriously anyone thinking about launching a seaborne invasion of Niraicha should really Google Cornelius Drebbel. In fact, I'll save you the effort: This is what he did, at the turn of the 17th century, so well within my technical timeframe. Indeed, with modern chemical knowledge it is easy to build an air scrubbing system, and make no mistake, that's what I intend to do. I wonder how you'll counter it. Also, killing Lauren? Bad move. Really, really bad move. I accept that it's a war and people die (though why Lauren didn't just shoot Rasi with the gun we know all Grey Lancers have as opposed to using a sword we know they don't is utterly beyond me) but killing her outright? That annoys me.

And when I get annoyed, I start doing things like this.))

"TRAINEE CLAYTON V.S. SERIAL NUMBER 2151513 LANCER DOWN REPEAT LANCER DOWN AUTHORISE AND RESPOND!" Violet screamed in a single breath. A voice came through the intercom system, and the Lancer's heart leapt. It was Vincent's. A security door, a foot-thick mass of fast-moving steel, slammed down where the burst door had been not a moment before.

"Authorisation Graleder, V., Trainee Clayton. Response initiated. All units lockdown. Security breach, Room 14-9G, code Orange. Elf, what you are doing constitutes an act of war against the human government. Harming her does nothing except ensure your own death. Surrender now and you will be repatriated and a message sent to the Queen regarding your actions at this facility. You are free not to comply should you so choose. Be advised that this will result in immediate loss of privileges. Dragon, you have murdered a representative of the Niraichan government. In accordance with the laws of our people, you will be taken to stand trial and if found guilty executed by whichever means befits the crime. Be advised that this will likely be as slow as I can make it."

Violet took heart from that and, mind whirring like an amphetamine-powered angle grinder, tried to think up a plan. She searched desperately for a means to focus, to look beyond the bitten, savaged body of her friend, the first she'd made in this new life-

And then, like a light cutting through a morning smog, she knew.

"Oh gods... Oh gods, I'm going to be sick..." Violet concentrated on the thought and felt the bile rise in her throat as the colour in her face drained down it. It was true. She was going to be sick. She felt herself retch, felt the blade leave her throat as the elf stepped back. felt it come. Let it come. She bent double and vomited, clutching at her abdomen with one hand and trying to hold her hair back with the other. She heard the elf step back, not wanting to be caught in the spillage. In the confines of her head, she smiled.

Violet proceeded to drop to one knee, still letting strings of yellow vomit drip from her mouth, then turned on that knee with surprising agility and drew her pistol, shooting the elf twice through the fat of its thighs, a sick smile drawing itself upon her face as he went down, blood welling from shattered veins as the lead buried itself unmoving in his legs. She shot him again in the forearm of his knife hand and, praying elves weren't ambidextrous, turned the gun on the dragon.

"Let's get something straight here." There was anger in the girl's voice, anger forged from the terrors in her head that had been made real. "In roughly eight minutes, a security team is going to open that blast door, and they will capture you. If you attempt to breathe fire, I will shoot you in the mouth. If you attempt to charge me down, I will shoot you in the eye. In short, if you attempt to do so much as move your bloody DEWCLAW, I will kill you like you killed my friend. Do you understand, murderer? I hope you don't, because then I get to kill you, and you have no idea how happy that would make me."

(( Yea... um, In basic terms, we don't want to be a walking tree. Just sounds stupid to me, but I have no problem if your willing to make them NPCs. I'm all cool.gif with that))

Connor left the area, following Arei. He walked beside her. " Why would they risk killing me for just the schematics when they can go to the elves for such a thing? He's right. The elves might have it and we have something the others have. There is only one group attacking other races and that's the Grey Lancers. We don't want fighting between this many races but that's the only way I'll give you Punter if you get me that stone. Now if you'll excuse me, one of my bugs is blaring in my right ear. That mean that something has come up that's important. You're welcome to follow if you wish." He pulled out a red thing that shacked like mad. " Yep, left this bugger near a guard's barracks. I can't get there anymore after I burnt down a tower before a attack. I'm lucky it was on the other side. Anyway, what do you say to a meal?"

Edited by 9pmg5665

((Who says that I killed Lauren? Yeah i'm pretty used to medieval stuff, not the guns and bombs and stuff like that :3))

Rasi slowly turned back towards the grey women holding the gun. A low growl rumbled though her lips as she eyed her with hate. Her scales seemed darker then ever before. Jet black to one of those blacks that look like nothing could change them. There didn't seemed to be any escape from this. They were outsmarted and greatly outnumbered. She knew that Violet was right. Rasi was a murder after all, but that was an act of defense. Defending herself againest their weopans, leaving her no choice but to go in for the kill. But there is always a choice right? But this time it seemed that Rasi made the most unwanted one...

---------------

The 20 year old women was toying with a rock, tossing it into the air and catching it again. She was waiting for the black dragon to return and give her the news about her boyfriend. She was dating him, acting like she loved him but the truth was that she hated him all along and their love was fake. He was also flirting with other girls which made her hate him even more. So thats why she promised the dragon some gold if he killed him. The beast went off without a question and now she is waiting out side of her house in a small village, waiting for it to return. A low shiver went up her spine when she heard the hiss deafing her ears. Her head whipped towards Artaxes which was standing right next to her face. She opened her mouth to try and tell him to not pop out of no where and scare the shiz out of her but it spoke first in a cold tone. "Do you have them?"

By 'them' its clear that he wanted the gold. The brown hair lady nodded and pulled out a small heavy bag out of her pocket.

"Did you killed him?"

"A slow and horriable death, yes." It didn't seemed like he was moving his lips, its red eyes stared at the bag without breaking contact. The woman was going to ask how he died but then she decided that its best for Artaxes to keep that to himself. Giving the small bag of coins to him, the black dragon disapeared in sight when it took off into the air.

((Alright, alright, if nobody else is doing it then I'll make an ent character. You guys win... this time.

Username: colourcodedchaos

Character name: Drasil

Age: 17,000, roughly; what does a tree care for exactly how old it is?

Appearance: An ambulatory hawthorn tree with archer gantries built into its head. No face; it sees and hears and speaks through the arrangement of leaves and branches.

History: Drasil is old, very old. It's seen more wars than any other ent, and that little fact has led it to near-madness (so everyone thinks). It remembers the times when the world rained fire and acid and the "Fall Out" of the humans' evil poison bombs, times of victory and defeat. No living creature could survive it and not go mad; even the half-life of an ent, raised out of the ground by elvish magic and the waters of Cloryian's underground river network, is subject to age. Age has brought it strength, thick, gnarled bark and big, green leaves kept forever by the witchcraft of its masters. Yet the word one immediately thinks when looking at the tree-creature is... tired. An aura of hangdog age wraps it and its drivers, especially when a war is in the offing. Perhaps this ent is more intelligent than usual. Perhaps not. What is known is that it remembers the Rising... and the Axe Harrying that followed.

Personality: Insofar as a tree can be said to have a personality, Drasil's is changeable. It stands guard at the elvish Household Cavalry barracks with grim fortitude and something approaching contemplation, but in a pitched battle it howls with rage, roaring its challenge (at least, so we assume, since the language of the ents has long been lost to the elves) to the enemies of the Crown. However, there's always a slight air about the tree that makes one think it's... up to something.

Race: Ent

As for Lauren's demise, well, Lauren was the only other Lancer in the room with Violet. Which I made clear. People don't tend to come back from being savaged by a dragon, particularly if the author of the person who killed them has about as much grasp of the people her character's fighting as an oyster does of the history of the Soviet friggin' Union. So yes, you killed her. Sorry if you're a bit upset about that.))

Clayton

Eight minutes of silence, the occasional growl cut off by Violet's gesturing with the gun. Eight minutes. Eight eternal minutes, second after second ticking away as if each was a millennium, driving the knife deeper into the young girl's heart. She had gone utterly numb, almost mechanical. Eyes and ears processed information faster even than her brain was used to, the most infinitesimal movement on the part of the dragon responded to with matching precision, gun homed in on the monster's eyes.

The hiss of the security door opening came, and the shouts of the security team came shortly after. They carried animal tranquilisers, tungsten-carbide corvette darts punching into the dragon's neck and delivering the embrace of a chemical dark. Vincent came in shortly thereafter, Rosa and the others tagging along behind like heavily-armed cygnets. The security team left, drugged dragon being towed behind them on industrial cables and the elves tied to brushed-steel hospital trollies.

The clatter of the pistol as it hit the floor was the only sound for a few seconds. The clatter of the girl as she collapsed to her knees was the only sound for some time after. Rosa went to put an arm around her as she sobbed, but her arm was batted away.

"Leave," said Violet, a dismal, dark monotone run through with cracks. "Now."

"Violet, we-"

"I said leave." The monotone cut off Rosa's sentence.

"No, Violet," Rosa almost whispered, her voice was so hoarse. "No we won't. We won't ever leave you again."

This time, the arm was accepted. Violet spun on her heels and buried her face into the blonde's shoulder, tiny chest heaving as she sobbed into it. One by one, the others left them in peace; amid the stink of blood, the two women had to find a new and better path.