athania

Warfare of the Salizdorian Races

Akari was startled by the sudden appearance of a brown colored dragon. She had never seen a dragon before as they always stayed up on their floating hunk of rock named Skulblaka. The dragon morphed her colors into a rainbow of hues. Then it jumped behind a tree and poked its head out. Akari slowly walked over to the dragon, being very cautious as she had never seen one and didn't know their behavior patterns. She shifted around the tree to get a better look at the beautiful creature. It was sleek, slim, and had sinewy muscle. Perfect for hiding except for those scales it had. She slowly reached out her hand and spoke softly. "Hello young dragon. My name is Akari, and these are my friends." She gestured behind her to the caravan. "Why are you here? What is your name? Can you speak?" She smiled gently and lightly placed her hand on one of the dragons luminescent shoulder scales.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arie sprinted faster and faster, running to the stables that had the oocalas and horses. She gripped the reins of a scarlet oocala with an ebony bone mask. She leaped into the saddle and whipped the reins. A sharp crack pierced the air and the oocala went straight into a sprint. Arie rode it out of the stables, and past the guards chasing her down. She kept running, and didn't stop until sunrise, when she was sure nobody had followed. She let out a breath and then allowed her thoughts flow like a river that was held back by a dam. She was a fugitive now. On the run. She deserted the nomadic army.

Arie thought back to her mission they had assigned her just yesterday. It was part of their master world domination plan. She was to go find the human named Connor, and force him into giving her the war machine blueprints, even if it meant his death. She shuddered heavily at the thought of torturing yet another soul. She wouldn't do it. She refused the mission, but when she told them she wouldn't, they threatened to torture her. Ironic, wasn't it.

Edited by athania

The dragon looked at her playfully. Rasi knocked her down softly, not meaning to hurt her a little. Rasi was quiet small for a dragon for her size. The funny little creature was asking her questions, like "Why are you here? What is your name? Can you speak?"

Rasi stepped closer, pushing her head into her in a trustfull and gentle way. Wanting the elve to hug her. Rasi never had much hugs and wanted them more offen.

The elve felt warm, and cozy. Well for Rasi it was, other creatures didn't even want a hug and fleed away sceaming loudly thinking that Rasi was going to eat them or something, even some poked their metallic weopans into her and it hurted. Rasi didn't call them a hug and flew away, licking her wounds and doesn't understand why they hurted her. "Rasi," she says in a growl like trone but playfully. She looked at the pretty little elve with her big croc like eyes, they glowed orange and was gleaming in the sunlight.

Edited by Tiffashy

((Yeeps! I wasn't on yesterday, welcome!))

Lief stared in surprise at the young dragon, and his hand went automatically to his sword belt. Which, at the moment, was empty, having left his sword leaning against the barn wall. "Give me that sword," he said as he turned in his saddle to Kaeti, who had reigned her horse in nearby. "Why?" she asked, but shrugged and handed the intricate sword to him. With a practiced air, he collected Ionocrest and cantered him up to the dragon, leaping onto his back, sideways to his head. The horse stopped, realizing that Lief wasn't in the saddle. He pranced right next to the dragon, and Lief jumped off and landed gently on the dragon's back, holding the sword to the side. "One wrong move, and I will nudge this sword a few inches to the right. And where would that get you?" he asked retorically in a questioning, threatening voice.

((Thanks! C:))

Rasi jerked her head away from the elve's arms and looked around confusedly. Her sunset like scales turned pure white, almost right away. She could feel something on her back, holding something cold and hard next to her neck. Rasi heard the threatening voice echo in her ears "One wrong move, and I will nudge this sword a few inches to the right. And where would that get you?"

"Is this a riddle?" she asked stupidly. Rasi could tell that this stranger isn't friendly towards dragons. Rasi never actully learnt much from the past but one thing she did learn was that those metallic weopans hurted like heck. Rasi got ready to buck him off if he had another thought about sliceing her head off, she dug her claws into the dirt. Know thinking about what he said and understanding that he was threating to kill her if she made a "wrong move"

Her pale white scales flashed back into a dark red colour, she cannot controll her scale colours. Just her emotions change them for her. When she is feeling happy, they are bright and colorful. When angered or upset, they turn into dull and dark colors.

"Get off me, please" she asked the human on her back. She didn't sound sweet and playful anymore, she sounded deep and serious. Without the human noticing, she spreaded her wings slowly so she can take flight as soon as she feels like she needs to take flight.

((eep. Were is everyone?))

Edited by Tiffashy

Akari returned the dragons playful hug, finding the new creature delightful and sweet. Then Lief jumped on her back and drew his sword to its throat. Akari drew her sword and leaped up to the dragon. She got up behind Lief and drew her sword to his neck. "Harm the dragon, I harm you. Get off her, NOW." Akari snarled in a tone very unlike herself and narrowed her eyes. The dragon had meant no harm, and he was scaring her. "Stop this idiocy immediately, if you would be so kind. That or you can have your throat slit right here and now." Akari cared more for the dragon than she did for this rude, backstabbing Lief character. She would lop off his head where he sat if he drew a drop of blood from this playful creature.

Edited by athania

((@Tiff: my charrie who leaped on the dragon's back is an elf. So is Akari.))

Lief stared at the elf who had leaped up next to him. Trapped, he slowly stepped down, cautiously avoiding the sword tip. I shouldn't, he thought, I can't expose myself yet. Better to play it cool. Turning, he walked away. "Fine. Do what you want with the dragon. Get yourself killed. I need to leave." He stalked over to Ionocrest and hopped on his back, causing him to half-rear up. He trotted, then cantered him out of the yard, sheathing the ornate sword with a sleek, practiced move, into his empty sheath, leaving his other sword behind.

Kaeti watched the elves, and when Lief started to leave, she grabbed Cornick and hopped on him, urging him to follow, her pets following close behind. "Connor, if you're coming, come now," she called back, adding, "You too, Akari, Talon, dragon. Lief!" she called ahead, "You forgot your sword!" While everyone had been involved with the dragon, she had spotted his sword and picked it up, belting it on herself.

Lief looked back, and saw that Kaeti was holding up his old sword. "I've no use for it," he called back, "keep it. You need it more than I."

Edited by ubbydubby

Akari let Lief go as he let the dragon go. She smiled, happy he didnt hurt the dragon. "Rasi, I wish to travel and save this world of conflict. I was wondering if you could fly me to Skulblaka. I want to be the first elf to meet the dragons! Its been my dream since I was little. Meeting you, it was a dream come true. I want to meet more of you! Study your habits! Learn your ways! Could you take me?" Akari looked up at Rasi with pleading eyes, filled with hope. This was her ambition. Her dream. She HAD to make it to Skulblaka. She wanted to prove or disprove all of the legends of the dragons. Write a new book about every aspect of them. Her only ticket in was right in front of her, so close, yet so far away.

((doo doo doo... I feel stalkerish!))

Lief urged Ionocrest forward, eating up the distance to the forest with huge, steady strides. He leaned low against the horse's neck, sharp eyes looking toward the way to the elf kingdom. He half-tuned in the saddle, hearing the girl's horse gaining on him. He let her come up next to him, easily riding her small horse, looking dwarfish next to the tall warhorse. "I'm glad you have decided to join me," he said, surprised by his own tenderness, "We have many miles to travel tonight. The sun had started to sink, and it was almost dusk. Lief watched her on her horse, human and animal working together in harmony. Someone should make a painting of that, he thought to himself, I will get one of the elven painters to paint this when we reach the citadel. Then, on a more brusque tone, he added in his thoughts, If we get there.

Edited by ubbydubby

((Sorry for not being online for a while x_x))

Rasi smiled back at Akari, as if she completely forgotten that someone threaten to kill her. Her scales changed to a light purple color and the darkness of her scales fadded away. She could see the excitement of the elve and it asked many questions to Rasi, speaking very quickly. Her wings and mustles relaxed.

"Rasi, I wish to travel and save this world of conflict. I was wondering if you could fly me to Skulblaka. I want to be the first elf to meet the dragons! Its been my dream since I was little. Meeting you, it was a dream come true. I want to meet more of you! Study your habits! Learn your ways! Could you take me?"

Skulblaka? Rasi thought. She never been there in ages! Not many dragons there liked Rasi, they saw her as a weaker version of them. So she doesn't get much respect from the bigger ones. But still Rasi missed her old home and taking an elf with her might be a bad idea. Who knows how would the other dragons react towards her?

Still Rasi takes stupid risks all of the time, and this should just be a piece of cake.

"Hop on," she finally says, kneeling down to allow the elf onto her. Being careful not to tread on her tiny toes. The dragon waited for her to aboard her long back.

Another day, another seemingly wasted section of time between dreams. So Violet had thought of today. However, when she was accosted in the street by a strong hand from a nearby alley, it took a turn for the worse. Or, at the very least, the weirder.

The woman was, once Violet got a good look at her inside the aforementioned alley, extremely attractive. Her long, dark-blonde hair swept regally around her face, all bone-china complexion and harshly-defined cheekbones. Her eyes, though, were warm, a quietly beautiful dark green like an oak leaf in the springtime. There was a fear to them, though, and it wasn't going away. Vi just looked at her. How could she not?

"Ms. Clayton, you need to come with me, else you'll die."

"W-WHAT?"

"SHHHH! Come with me if... oh, sodding hell, I can't believe I'm saying this..." The woman took a deep breath and sighed like a bored princess. "Come with me if you want to live."

Violet's face lit up for a moment, then it died back down into confusion. "Um, okay?"

"Good. We haven't got much time. Follow me."

Orders. That was better. Violet understood those and knew to follow them without question. She stepped after the running woman in the huge grey coat and smart trousers, wondering idly if this was another aristocrat or government kiddie organising another... indiscretion. She turned the corner onto Haverford Street and was yanked into a doorway by the same arm as before. Great, she thought, it is. Oh well, better make the best of it-

"Miss Clayton, my name is Vincent Graleder, and I am here to save your life."

... Well then. That's certainly new.

Graleder, a powerfully built man gone slightly to seed who had toured the factory, continued. "Your research and development work is exemplary, however much your department head thinks to the contrary. However, it is a tragedy that your life will be cut short; an accident in the air pumps, whole team dead, very sad, and so on and so forth."

Yup, definitely new. Wonder if this is just foreplay?

"I... I'm afraid I don't follow, sir." Violet looked at her shoes.

Graleder sighed, a peculiarly mild tone from such a big man, and went on again. "You're an exceptional scientist and engineer, Clayton. You are wasted in your current position beneath Godfrey-" Violet shuddered "-and I want you to come and work for me. However, it will be necessary for you to sever all ties with your previous life. For that price, you will gain access to, and be a part of, the greatest military secret in the adar. Will you join."

Violet clammed up and tried to act demurely while her brain spun into life. What is it they want... who the hell are they? List of clues. The strong people, the big coats, I think some of them have seriously expensive augs, that man looks like he was huge... he's the only man in the room, too... this is weird-

And then it fell into place.

She turned to the woman who had brought her here. "You're the Grey Lancer, aren't you."

During one of the previous wars - an actual war with generals and massed armies, not just dismal skirmishes and border raids - a legend had sprung up around a single woman from Adar Vapora, tall and strong and dressed all in grey. She had torn through supply lines and taken down entire nomad caravans in one night, seemingly indestructible. Once the war had ended and the nomads sent scurrying back to their benighted deserts, she had disappeared. Or so the legends had claimed. It was said that, in a time of the greatest war, she would return to bring honour and victory once more to the mountain people.

The older woman laughed and smiled brightly. "Not the. A. We were - are - a special forces group, doing what regular armies can't. Adar Vapora's chosen for the HQ because it's roughly smack dab in the middle of the empire and has a massive population of RRs - sorry, that's a bit of code. Means top-quality factory girls - you know, Rosie the Riveter and all that. Only people who know about us are councillors with sufficient clearance, the Happy And Benevolent Order Of Well-Adjusted People Who Are Definitely Not A Council Of Mad Scientists Goodness No and, well, our co-ordinator. He's over there." Graleder gave a cheery little wave. Violet squeaked and looked at her shoes again.

"So then," the big man said, "I should make something clear. You won't be frontline personnel... yet, we're just going to give you a proper laboratory and equipment. No team yet, though, you'll have to work for it. Will you join up and work for the greater good of all mankind?"

Violet looked at him. There was terror in her eyes, the total fear of someone who thinks they are about to die.

"Y-yes, sir" she said, and was immediately hugged from behind. A few minutes later, she picked herself up off of the floor and apologised quietly for the panic attack. The hugger (a blonde woman with a sleek, toned body and a ready smile) just grinned and glomped someone else.

"Oh, she's so precious! We'll have to cure the panic attack, and get her some decent hair and shoes, have you ever been shoe shopping? Of course you have, everyone has, but she's adorable and I want one. Oh Victor darling, can I have her for BT? Sandra's just going to eviscerate the poor dear and she's too adorable to let that happen to so can I can I can I?" She deployed puppy-dog eyes on Graleder that looked completely disconcerting on someone who looked about strong enough to beat a whale to death, possibly with a bigger one.

"Ugh, fine." He rolled his eyes and drew himself up to his full height, which was rather a lot. "Violet Clayton, welcome to the Grey Lancers. You've got basic training to get through, and that starts tomorrow. You'll be bunking with Rosa and Lauren," he pointed at the hyperactive-looking blonde and the stately brunette respectively, "and please try not to get asphyxiated by the former. Right, that's work done for today, I'm off to another intensely dull meeting about alcohol credit counts for things produced within the adar. Cheerio." He padded towards the back door, pulling a grey hooded peacoat over his head, and was gone. Clayton stared, gibbered, rocked backwards, and fainted again.

This time, everyone went "D'awww."

" Um, we better get going. Our city might be thankful for the food. Or was it water. It was food." Connor walked back to Punter and was ready to move back to the city. " If anybody wants to join me, your welcome to. Other wise you can- that's enough." Connor started Punter as they headed for their city. " I thought we we're supposed to pick up oil. Food can be made into oil you know. But it sucks. Its just a small amount is all. But it sucks. Can you stop saying that? But that sucks. Shut up. I feel like I'm the smartest person in this head. Yea, but what about the Grey Lancers? What about them? They can be smarter then you you know. Almost everybody can be smarter then me but they chose not to be. Me and red don't exactly agree on that. What the shiz are you talking about? I think that smart fits her well. If only we could separate bodies. The elves ought to have some magic stuff like that. But you think they would share it with humans? And humans that want the war? No. But I do like war. Thats why if we switch bodies, your keeping this tainted one."

((um... I dunno what just happened there 9...))

Lief and Kaeti thundered down the dirt road leading into the forest, each horse trying to outpace the other. Slowly Ionocrest pulled ahead, and Kaeti started laughing, thinking, We must look like idiots! They ran for what seemed like hours, but soon Lief slowed down Ionocrest to a slow trot and they trotted amiably through the forest, breathing hard. After about an hour they slowed, walking at a good pace toward the center of the forest. Cornick's ears twitched at the bird singing and the squirrels and foxes slinking through the trees and bushes. "It's so peaceful out here," Kaeti murmered, feeling like she was breaking the beauty. "It is," Lief responded, "This forest is the only place I call home." Kaeti looked at him for a moment, then looked back down to the ground. "We should camp for the night," Lief finally said, as the sun started to sink. "We should," Kaeti whispered as General and Lashiek appeared behind them, tired, but full of good cheer. "There is a clearing up ahead, we'll camp there," Lief said, eyes gleaming as he watched the dog and the little bird play as they walked. "All right," Kaeti responded, laughing at the animals.

- Rasi is waiting for Akari to mount her

- Lief and Kaeti is riding towards the city (I think)

- Connor is talking to the other creatures/people inside of him as they headed towards their city

- Lief and Kaeti are going to sleep in a clearing in the forset

e.e

Now I think I can work out the problem, you guys don't get online much :3

Edited by Tiffashy

((Been covered in homework, sorry guys!))

Akari's face lit up like a christmas tree when Rasi agreed to take her. Then the smile faded. "What about Ejenra? What will we do?" Akari walked over to the magnificent nagiri and stroked his silver neck. "I know. Talon, can you ride him back to the village and tell my parents where I'm going? Ask them to take care of him while I'm gone." Then she took Ejenra's saddlebags and placed them over Rasi's back. She carefully hopped on - avoiding the spikes - and made a makeshift strap to hold her onto Rasi. Then, she gripped one of the neck spikes. "I'm ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talon looked at Akari in shock as she handed him the reins to Ejenra. She NEVER left Ejenra's side unless it was her life dream or extremely important. Ever. This must be really important to her then. "Fine. But promise you won't get eaten up there?"

"I promise." She said with a wink. Talon got up on Blitz and tied Ejenra's reins to his saddle. He waved solemnly as Akari flew away on the purple dragon, into the sky with her hair flying in the wind. He sighed and started off towards home.

Edited by athania

"Eaten?" Rasi asked again stupidly. She couldn't even think of such a thought! Who eats elves? Rasi didn't even bother to wait for an answer, she felt Akari climb onto her long silvery back and gripping onto one of her back spines. After she got on, Rasi reared up roaring, -not actully noticing that she almost knocked Akari off- and flapped her great silver wings. Rasi now worked out that the elve's weight is making it harder for her to fly, Rasi was a small dragon which had never flew with someone on her back before. She scanned the area for something that could help her fly. Trees, more trees, trees, trees, tree...

Aha! A tree!

Rasi padded towards it, in a rather fast way but noisely way, she stab her claw into its bark and pulled herself upwards. And stab her other claw into the bark and kept on pulling herself upwards, as soon as the tree decided that it wouldn't take the weight, Rasi threw herself off, flapping her wings wildly, trying to get back into the air. She never felt so heavy as she was slowly flying towards the ground, then she flapped her wings hard and fast and finelly they were flying over the trees. She smiled to herself proudly as she manage to fly with someone on her back, she cheaked behide her, to make sure that Akari is still alive and is on her back.

"Where to, Akari?"

Akari grunted as she was flipped around on the dragon's extremely unstable back, still clinging to the spine for dear life. Then the dragon started jumping up one of the trees like a monkey and flung itself off the branches when it started to give way. Rasi tottered and nearly did a vertical nosedive into the canopy, but pulled up and began soaring upward. Then she asked, "Where to Akari?" Akari laughed.

"I already told you, silly. Skulblaka! Fly straight north and raise elevation a thousand more feet and we should be there in about 3 hours. I hope you can fly for that long. We may have to stop and rest. Would you mind if I asked you questions on the way?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arie continued heading towards Connor's hometown to warn him. She didn't know why she was doing this, but it felt like the right thing to do. She kept riding the oocala long and hard. After a while she decided to name him Thundertalon. It sounded kind of lame, but it seemed to fit him. She smiled to herself for the first time in a long time and kept heading towards the human city.

Edited by athania

Rasi snorted and a puff of smoke escaped from her nostiles as they flew higher. She looked below her, an small mod of elves were patrolling the streets and was wearing shiny amour. Rasi never actully liked those shiny ones, they have pointie metal sticks that could cut though her scales. Some of them looked up and shouted at Rasi, the others looked up alarmed, seeing that the dragon was carrying away one of their own speices. They got smaller and smaller as Rasi flapped her wings to get high and higher. But Rasi had good eyesight, and hearing, she could hear them talking fast and saw them running back to their town. For sure, Rasi must had done something that upsetted them. Well Rasi doesn't really understand and just kept on flying forwards towards north.

She heard Akari telling her ""I already told you, silly. Skulblaka! Fly straight north and raise elevation a thousand more feet and we should be there in about 3 hours. I hope you can fly for that long. We may have to stop and rest. Would you mind if I asked you questions on the way?"

"Sure," the small dragon told her, her scales changed back to onrage as they flew above the village below them. Some little kids pointed up and the rest of them happily and excitedly watched Rasi disapear from sight.

((s'okay, been offline yesterday too, and have been working on my Africa project))

Lief and Kaeti woke to a sunlit morning, with dew speckling the leaves and frost coating the ground. Winter is coming, Kaeti though as she tiredly sat up, stretching. Cornick and Ionocrest were tied up nearby, still half-asleep. Lief sat by a small, dying fire. "Ready to go?" he asked when he saw that she was awake, "We can eat on the way." He spread the coals out and stamped on them with his soft leather boots as Kaeti stood up and walked over to Cornick, "Yes, I am." She stuck her right foot in the stirrup and swung herself on, watching Lief do the same, with an grace that amazed her. They trotted away from the camp, slowly working up to a slow, easy canter. Looking up, Kaeti saw a great purple dragon flying overhead, carrying Akari, the elf.

Eventually they reached an elf city, and Kaeti squirmed as elves stared as they paraded down the street, Lief looking straight ahead, proud and regal. Little elf children came up and put flowers on their horses, being careful not to get hurt as the horses walked down the street.

Bump?

I edited the character sheet, everyone should be on there. If you're not, feel free to PM me.

(( For you guys, time skip to the queen. And for me, I'll go back to the town and meet CCC's character.))

((alright, sounds good to me. At least I have something to do...BUT I am feeling the pain of writers block. Again.))

A week later, after hard traveling Lief and Kaeti finally arrived at the elf city of Raevah. Lief rode ahead on Ionocrest, and Kaeti trailed behind, staring up at the turrets and towers. "This is Raevah," Lief turned back, acting nonchalant as Kaeti stared in awe at the tall castle and houses as they entered the bustling city, the pace fast and furious. "We need to reach the Queen soon, I am already late by a few hours. I was supposed to be here this morning." Kaeti nodded, still awestruck by the huge, proud city.

((Hey guys, when you dont post for a week, you will receive a PM notifying you of your absence. If after a week you dont respond or post, we will delete your character from the RP to keep the thread active and fresh. If you're going to go on vacation and dont have access to DC, please tell us so we will keep you off the list.))