El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

You had Elder Dragons attack Whiterun? I've made a couple dragons land in Riften before and one attacked Winterhold but the ones I mostly find are outside of Riften.

I had a blood dragon attack Whiterun before. I killed it on the steps leading to Jorvaskr, which was funny when I went to join the Companions and they were saying how I hadn't had proved myself when there was a dragon skeleton right outside their front door. I also had two frost dragons attack Dawnstar, two attack Winterhold, and one dragon(don't remember the kind) in Solitude.

Edited by Nectaris

You guys seem to be luckier with them. The only ones I ever find are usually outside of Riften or when I'm walking some place.

You guys seem to be luckier with them. The only ones I ever find are usually outside of Riften or when I'm walking some place.

I don't like them attacking me in cities actually, not only is there the concern of friendly fire, I don't want the dragon to kill anyone(like a shopkeeper). Also, at least with me, they like to perch on the roofs of houses and breath fire/frost down from there rather than land in the streets(until they crash that is), and I am not the best at archery.

I want to work on my Archery skills. I mostly use Mammoths and Giants. Any one got a better suggestion? I can't hit a dragon thats flying to grab its attention for nothing.

I want to work on my Archery skills. I mostly use Mammoths and Giants. Any one got a better suggestion? I can't hit a dragon thats flying to grab its attention for nothing.

You mean get better at aiming or better skill wise? As for aiming, try shooting down some hawks (solitude is best) with some crappy arrows.

I didn't think you could kill them. O_O I will have to try that but I meant over all getting the skill higher. Mines at like 40 something or it may be at 30. I use it to snipe at distances and hope to not get caught. It's worked well several times but I'm not the greatest shot with them. I prefer using a sword over anything. I did like using the mace for a bit but switched after a while. I may go back to it at some point but so far I'm sticking with my Deadric sword.

I didn't think you could kill them. O_O I will have to try that but I meant over all getting the skill higher. Mines at like 40 something or it may be at 30. I use it to snipe at distances and hope to not get caught. It's worked well several times but I'm not the greatest shot with them. I prefer using a sword over anything. I did like using the mace for a bit but switched after a while. I may go back to it at some point but so far I'm sticking with my Deadric sword.

Yeah, you can get hawk feathers and beaks from them which are alchemy ingredients. I'm sure you've figured this out already, but the bow's physics mimic a a real bow, so the arrow will arc. Being close to a target, aim a bit lower since the target will catch the apex of the arc. Targets further away will catch the arrow pretty much falling, so aim higher. You will pretty much have to get used to judging the distance yourself. Also with moving targets, depending on ow far away they are, you will have to shoot way ahead of their moving to that position. Enemy NPCs really like to stop in mid stride though which cause a lot of misses. If you just want to get used to distant shooting, try shooting at the deer around Whiterun and other places. Lower levels won't be able to kill them in one hit, but missing them at all pretty much screws up your chances of hitting them at all.

Speaking of outside Whiterun I wonder if those mammoths and giants ever respawned.... I went on a killing spree with them a few days ago.

Alright I'll give it a try on the deer. I tried to start shooting them once but my bow didn't kill them in one hit so they'd just run off.

Speaking of outside Whiterun I wonder if those mammoths and giants ever respawned.... I went on a killing spree with them a few days ago.

Alright I'll give it a try on the deer. I tried to start shooting them once but my bow didn't kill them in one hit so they'd just run off.

yeah, if they don't fall down when you first hit them, you pretty much have no chance catching up. Also sneaking helps and could double the damage on them. They're good for aiming, but I'm not sure how much skill you would gain off them. Also all creatures respawn. I've actually seen what I think was a mammoth respawn multiple times...they just drop slowly from the sky.

I seen one just flat drop from a few feet off the ground and die. It was the most random thing I had seen on that game at that time.

I've seen a mammoth fall out of nowhere and die before. I lol'd.

And speaking of random moments, I found a chicken walking through water. Not on the surface, not on the ground, but through the water. For some reason, it struck me as very lulzy, so I recorded it. Might put it on youtube later just cuz.

Didn't realize I had so many youtube accounts. Only one of them actually had any videos. Unfortunately, I forgot the info for that one. |D

ANYWAY,

Here.

The water got too shallow for me to see, so I lost the chicken.

I'm having some real issues with my game right now. I did a bunch of Thu'um quests and now each time I try to go into Jorrvaskr my game freezes up. At first the doors to Whiterun would act like they would open then they wouldn't open at all. I'd open them again and they would work fine. I reset to a previous save before I noticed this and the freezing with Jorrvaskr is still going on. I haven't been inside Jorrvaskr for a while and was hoping to do some quests for them later on but with this now I can't even go inside it. I'm on the Xbox 360 if that helps. I've shut the Xbox down and even ejected the disc once. Breezehome is fine but each time I attempt Jorrvaskr it messes up. I'm afraid to even try in any of the other places with how that is working.

Demi, is your bug similar to this:

There is a glitch where sometimes attempting to leave Jorrvaskr will result in a game freeze on the loading screen. As the game finishes loading Whiterun, it freezes before it leaves the loading screen. Any attempt to re-load the same save and re-attempting to exit results in the game crashing, thus making the game impossible to be played any further. On the PC the player can use the teleport console command (coc tamriel Xcoordinate Ycoordinate) to load a different area instead of Whiterun to escape.

Yep. Each time I try to reload it messes up. I thought it was because the doors to Whiterun glitched. I went back to my save after I beat Vokun and went into Whiterun and Breezehome and they worked tried Jorrvaskr again and had the same thing happen. At first I thought it was because I went to the Greybeards and they told me there was only silence now (which is impossible I still got several to unlock) and messed up from there. Even after going back to the save after Vokun it kept happening so I knew it wasn't cuz I went to High Hrothgar.

Also got another question I just thought of this last night after I shut the computer off but I have Meeko following me and I got Storm Call and I been waiting to get it to use it and it nearly killed Meeko. If I sent Meeko back to his home would he be able to be killed before I went back to get him? I really don't want him to die from that.

I gotta stop bugging you people! xd.png

This should be the solution for Jorrvaskr:

Solution: Turn off all auto saves and leave Jorrvaskr, when you are faced with the grey screen get the map up and due to the fact that you can hear the icons being highlighted select a random icon and fast travel there. The game will stay on the map screen and the loading music will begin to play. You will arrive at your destination. Now, if your characters facial textures don't load, save the game and return to the Xbox home, reload the game and your save and it should have fixed. Facial textures can also be fixed by werewolf transformation.

Meeko should be able to make it home safely; huge assumption, I know, but NPCs don't go out of their way to get into danger, so as long as nothing happens to him on the way back home he should be fine.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Yeah but I'm more worried about leaving him there than just making it back home cuz I'll actually go back to Meekos Shack before I dismiss him for a bit.

Also thanks for the help! Will try that later on tonight. I hope the Greybeards help this time. I want more of the Thu'ums before I go face Alduin. >.>

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

It's normal for dragons to fly around overhead without attacking and without any of the NPCs caring, right? Cuz it's happened a few times to me. I thought it was a bug at first. ._.

Also, if anyone's planning on doing the Thieves Guild quest "Trinity Restored", it's pretty buggy. At least it was for me. Kinda amusing, but frustrating if you don't know what to do. Just a warning. >.>

I don't think I've really seen that outside of a dragons lair. Every time I've seen them I've usually attacked them and I've seen others start running off. I do remember reading somewhere that if you complete the main quest line and don't kill Paarthurnax that some dragons wont attack after that unless they are attacked.

@purpledragonclaw

Thanks for the help it worked! I tried going back in and coming back out it still messes up even if auto save is off. I guess Jorrvaskr is off limits for a while (or at least until I feel like doing some quests for them then messing around with trying to get out). It only started to do this recently too before it was perfectly fine. Now to turn my auto saving back on before I forget.... xd.png

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

@Demi, you're welcome. A Google search brought that bug up quickly, apparently it's a problem for a lot of players. I hope they patch it.

Exactly! I can go into Jorrvaskr on another character but my main level 45 Nord named Demi can't enter it without being stuck in there for forever! ;-; This sucks I wanted to do some quests for them later on! sad.gif

I'm thinking about converting back to Oblivion. I don't know. I just miss the brightness and freeness.