El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

I'm aiming to get Dragonplate and Daedric. The Dragonplate first because I got the stuff to make it already and am only 8 levels in Smithing away from getting it. Daedric is gonna be last as I only got one Daedra heart and now many Ebony ingots.

I'm aiming to get Dragonplate and Daedric. The Dragonplate first because I got the stuff to make it already and am only 8 levels in Smithing away from getting it. Daedric is gonna be last as I only got one Daedra heart and now many Ebony ingots.

Complete the Pieces of the Past quest and you can have access to more ebony ingots and plenty of daedra hearts, enough to make a full set of armor. The Black Star quest can also give you a few hearts, but there's no returning to this site for more.

Don't have the Pieces of the Past quest but will try to find it. I got the Black Star quest. I just don't know whether to get the Azura's Star or go with the Black Star.

Don't have the Pieces of the Past quest but will try to find it. I got the Black Star quest. I just don't know whether to get the Azura's Star or go with the Black Star.

Pieces of the past will only be started at a certain level. A courier will give you an invitation to a museum in Dawstar, which is where you will start the quest.

As for the star, The thing you get is basically a soul gem, and only black soul gems can contain human souls. I only have the regular one, so I'll probably go with the black for my other character. It's pretty much up to you though. I don't think you get the daedra hearts by getting the black star though, considering how the quest for the other one went

Okay. If it's the Museum one then I think I got it already. Will find out later. Thanks a lot!

Anyone know what the book Last King of the Ayleids is for? I asked this earlier and didn't get a reply. Sorry I'm probably getting annoying asking all these questions! xd.png

The end of Azura's Star and the Black Star are identical. The black star is the better option, because even though you supposedly can't hold normal souls in the Black Star, it's completely possible. The Black Star is more useful and just as easy to get.

Pieces of the Past is one of my favorite quests.

I think may go with the Azura's Star to get a Daedric Artifact for the achievement. Only one so far that I'm iffy on cuz I don't want to keep one village with the nightmares.

I think may go with the Azura's Star to get a Daedric Artifact for the achievement. Only one so far that I'm iffy on cuz I don't want to keep one village with the nightmares.

With that quest Either option will rid the town of their nightmares, but to get the staff, you do have to kill a friendly character. The same is true to get Namira's ring, Mehrunes Razor (also part of the Pieces of the Past quest) and a couple others. In fact I think half of the quests for the Daedric items involves killing another character, friendly or not.

Guess it's time to start hiring people I don't like..... I couldn't kill any from Whiterun.

The only quest you have to bring someone to kill yourself that I know of is Boethia's. All the others are just part of the quest.

So that's the only time I gotta hire someone to kill? If that's the case I'll probably just get one from Riften. I'm not fond of that place so far.

Anyone else get a random bounty from a Hold? I just went into Whiterun and had a 80 gold bounty yet I don't recall killing anyone but 3 Thalmor.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

So that's the only time I gotta hire someone to kill? If that's the case I'll probably just get one from Riften. I'm not fond of that place so far.

Anyone else get a random bounty from a Hold? I just went into Whiterun and had a 80 gold bounty yet I don't recall killing anyone but 3 Thalmor.

If someone saw you then there will be a bounty. I have had random bounties put on one of my characters though. I didn't even kill anyone or steal anything and it was the first time I went into both towns.

Thats the thing I didn't even see anything pop up saying that I got a bounty I just walked into Whiterun and had a 80 gold bounty on me. I mean I don't think killing Thalmor for the fun of it counts as a Whiterun bounty.

Well last night I defeated the main quest... took about 6 hits to kill that dragon once I could get him to land... and I'm only lvl 16. I found that very sad... I expected more of a challenge!

So, now I'm wandering around collecting the words of power I have missed and searching for the other dragons I missed as well... I only got that first dragon that was resurrected... and what did I find? More so, what found me? A frost dragon... in a well forested area with no snow for miles.

What happened: I was fighting one of those 'forest protector' people... the green glowing weird ladies who give you Tope after you kill them... in some tomb place near Falkreach (where I think Lydia died killing a mass of soldiers after I went on a mass running spree from unlocking some dude's house at night with a novice lock.... I didn't want any stolen items to get taken xd.png ...but I want lydia back... and I can't go back in :| ) and then I found the chest that was in there and took the items.

So, after I got back out of the tomb place.... the dragon landed on me. Killed me right then... so I went back through all that above and found the dragon again- this time narrowly missing me again after I ran out of the way...- and we fought. I hit behind a stump to not get frosted to death (even though being a Nord helps in that sense) and called the dragon I had help me... he ended up killing the frost dragon.

SO, then I went to some watch tower just northwest of there... for me... and heard this roaring. Another dragon. It attacked some necromancers and wouldn't come near me... so I followed it to that lake above Falkreach and found it attacking a vampire and a horse. I fought them and couldn't find the dragon. It spit fire at me before flying off and it disappeared in two flaps.... to be found nowhere for miles...

No clue why it spit fire at me if it didn't want to stay around...

so where'd it go???

Well last night I defeated the main quest... took about 6 hits to kill that dragon once I could get him to land... and I'm only lvl 16. I found that very sad... I expected more of a challenge!

What difficulty are you on?

Thats the thing I didn't even see anything pop up saying that I got a bounty I just walked into Whiterun and had a 80 gold bounty on me. I mean I don't think killing Thalmor for the fun of it counts as a Whiterun bounty.

The surrounding areas are also beholden to the hold, so if you stole from an outlying farm or something or picked a lock and were seen...

The surrounding areas are also beholden to the hold, so if you stole from an outlying farm or something or picked a lock and were seen...

Nope. I try not to steal anything at all (only taken 2 books and some ingrediants from some quest that somehow got marked as stolen and 2 other things) and I don't pick locks on peoples doors. I just randomly walked into Whiterun and had one. I've looked into peoples pockets too but never took anything. I just look to see what they have on them just for the fun of it.

I hate the quest to get the elder scroll. It's sooo freaking long. I had nearly 900+ weight from all the stuff I was looting. Got outside and went to find my horse and what do you know a Frost Dragon found me. Me being fat Vs. Frost Dragon Vs. Frost Troll = fun. >.> I had the troll on my side for a bit then the Animal Alliance wore off and it was about dead so killed it while my horse went and ran off and nearly got killed. Got back to Whiterun and sold all the loot. I hate the little Dwemer Spider Workers. I'm not a fan of any spider at all.

So I am level 19 @Skyrim at the moment, enjoying every single quest and the beautiful landscape with all the flowers and trees. I love alchemy and smithing. Oh and cooking. And enchanting...

Oh well, my english friend Kate just got me addicted. laugh.gif

@Aamaranthine

I love the Auroras on there. They are so beautiful. I'd stand there on a cliff or some rocks and just watch it for a few. Even just the night sky is amazing on that game. It's probably got my favorite background graphics next to Halo: Reach.

@Dragonhatchling

You've had it very very easy then. I have mine on the default setting and it's still a pain at times. Blood dragons aren't a issue to me but Frost Dragons can be. Once I can make another set of Dragonplate armor and get it upgraded to Legendary I may start bringing Lydia with me. If not I'll go get Farkas. I wouldn't mind a little bit of extra help but I hate having to watch out for them all the time.

This video gives me even more of a reason to love Bethesda.

Link

Mounted combat? YES PLEASE. It baffled me why it wasn't in the game initially. I'd love to see all these additions to the game...not fond of the vampire or werewolf things, but for people who play them it would be nice. Werewolf transformations pretty much become useless at higher levels and vampires have more cons to make them not even worth playing as.

I'd also like to see a bigger variety of animals running around, such as boars and some smaller animals...like pheasants. You can always see dead ones, so where are the live ones?

I somewhat agree Wookie. I like the fact you can be Werewolf or Vampire but I always kept hoping you'd be able to fight on a mount. Be even better if you got a actual Dragon mount at the end (not just Odahviing). I'm a werewolf myself at 37 and still haven't used it much. Maybe twice. I don't use it cuz you can't loot at all during it. On the animals thing I'd be fine with more animals. I'd like to see a few non-aggressive ones though. I hate walking around and seeing all them but the only ones that aren't like that until provoked are the Mammoths.

Oops forgot the Deer and Elk aren't and I've only seen one fox that tried to attack me.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I somewhat agree Wookie. I like the fact you can be Werewolf or Vampire but I always kept hoping you'd be able to fight on a mount. Be even better if you got a actual Dragon mount at the end (not just Odahviing). I'm a werewolf myself at 37 and still haven't used it much. Maybe twice. I don't use it cuz you can't loot at all during it. On the animals thing I'd be fine with more animals. I'd like to see a few non-aggressive ones though. I hate walking around and seeing all them but the only ones that aren't like that until provoked are the Mammoths.

Oops forgot the Deer and Elk aren't and I've only seen one fox that tried to attack me.

Foxes are passive, the one that attacked you was probably controlled by a spriggan (sp?).

Not too fond of the dragon riding business....I just don't see it fitting in the game.

Actually no. It didn't have the green glow on it and there was no Spriggan around. There was a dragon and a bear that's all that was near it.

Speaking of Spriggans I hate them. I found 2 of them that had a crap load of Deer, Elk, Bears, Sabres, Wolves and a Troll attacking me along with them. Nearly lived till the last Spriggan killed me. sad.gif Still have yet to figure out how it got all them there but yeah.