El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

It's fine! happy.gif I prefer Xbox for playing games anyway well besides a couple games but other than that Xbox is the primary way I play games.

I'm still working on my game. I'm trying to think of what to do either go further with the main quest line or keep doing side quests. ;-;

I think I actually liked playing Oblivion on the PC better than I did on the Xbox. It felt more challenging for some reason...and liking the PC version might have to do with having the Game of the Year edition with add ons compared to the Xbox Oblivion when it first came out >.>

Never played the other Elder scrolls but I have been looking for them x.x" and the lack of getting to play Skyrim is driving me bonkers.

So I picked up The Skull staff today... equipped it and now have some odd ringing noise that fades in and out like what those nimroots do but more ringing tone and not a waaahng sound... kinda like someone has a triangle and a few jinglebells in another room and can't stop messing with them.

Anyone know how to get it to go away so I can use the staff without my head having a headache from the ringing and without compromising the sounds of the game?

I don't think I got that staff yet so I have no clue what to tell you.

I got attacked by two dragons at one point but I had to restart again cuz one flew off when I hit it with Dragonrend. Mine sometimes will fly off the map and I don't get why. They get hit with it then take off or sometimes never land.

Apparently, I can be quite stubborn when it comes to dropping stuff. I was minding my own business running through a field when a dragon attacked me. I killed it ( :C ), and looted the stuff it had on it. I was terribly over-encumbered, but I didn't want to drop any of the stuff I had. I walked all the way from Broken Fang Cave to Whiterun to buy the house there. It doesn't seem that long of a walk, but it felt like forever. D:

ANYWAY, does anyone know if shop items restock? I mean the stuff they have on display, not what the shopkeeper has in his/her inventory.

I take it you stole some? I haven't stolen much more than a few books and somehow a shield off a dead Orc. Usually if stuff gets knocked around on there it doesn't fix itself so I'd say no? I haven't gotten a clue in truth just taking a guess.

I haven't stolen anything yet, but I do plan on doing so if the stuff does respawn. I don't like empty shops. :I

The Elder Scrolls Wikia is a great place to find out things like that so maybe that will help on that question. I don't like to steal so I'm holding that one off as long as possible. The only way/reason I'm going to do that is to get to level 81 and it's only going to be the gold off of people nothing more. I don't need items I can't sell.

Balfor or whatever his name is and his shop in Whiterun, I've knocked over all his stuff... stolen stuff and killed about thirty guards while doing all that and hid most of that stolen stuff in a far away cave on some dead dude... Once everything calmed down (after I paid the bounty) I went back to his store... everything was back to the way it was before that so I checked the dead guy- he still had all the stuff I stole xd.png and the dragon who wanted to kill me while flying over the cave says hello... I guess you could say he now guards whatever cave I was in (forgot the name).

Belethor is his name. I've practically knocked over everything thats in front of the counter. xd.png I just run and try to get stuff sold and back out as fast as I can especially when I'm over weight from items.

:/

More mixed answers?

I googled my question, and I've gotten the same answers. Some say the stuff does respawn, some say it doesn't.

I guess I could just test it myself.

When I accidentally knock something off a counter or whatever, I always quickload the autosave it made when I entered the shop. I don't like empty shops, and I don't like stuff lying all over the place. I guess I'm just weird. |D

Guess so. -lol- My home in Whiterun is a mess in a few places and some of the items have been put into drawers and somehow I lost a vase or bucket or something through the wall where the Alchemy table is. Right through the bookshelf too. I have no idea where it went or if it'll come back. I know I just dropped it and it went through the wall.

I have personally seen items respawn, not just in shops after buying them either. I've taken everything from the jarl's place in whiterun and dumped it in the town square multiple times. The place was pack with junk knee high and started causing problems so I had to clean up...

Also, I managed to max out illusion and alteration by spamming muffle and telekinesis respectively. Usually you have to wait until a spell wears off or something, but muffle got me from 30 something to 100 alteration in just a couple hours. I also had too much fun with telekinesis by launching food and dinnerware over buildings. I also didn't know the objects would do damage and had to pay a fine after a priest of talos got smacked in the face with a plate. I'm still trying to figure out an easier way to get the other skills up without spending hours of tedium.

Also, you can go in third person in Morrowind. For PC you have to hit tab I think.

That helps! Maybe I'll pick it up someday again.

So you smacked a Priest in the face with a plate.... did he die or did he live? I never hit anyone with anything like that the only thing I did was hit a dragons skeleton with spark and it somehow shot off into the distance and disappeared for forever cuz I never found it again.

Why take all that stuff just to dump it in the town square? Did anyone say you stole any of it or did it just stay there?

It did a little damage, but he did run off screaming, causing a guard to fine me for the "assault".

I took all the stuff and dumped it there just to see how ghetto I could make whiterun look. It was looking pretty awful before I stopped. for some reason walking in the stuff caused me to clip through the ground...so I got to see what the town looks like underneath ._.

Oh wow. xd.png

I have had items throw me forward and cause damage before but I never fell through the ground yet. I was worried when I did the quest for Meridia cuz I'd seen where there was a glitch of falling through the ground.

Oh wow. xd.png

I have had items throw me forward and cause damage before but I never fell through the ground yet. I was worried when I did the quest for Meridia cuz I'd seen where there was a glitch of falling through the ground.

Which is the reason I like the PC version. getting stuck somewhere can be solved with the console commands.

I prefer having Xbox versions due to the achievements and I can play it whenever I want easier than on a PC. If I needed to look up something I'd have to close out and all that crap so I prefer the Xbox.

I prefer having Xbox versions due to the achievements and I can play it whenever I want easier than on a PC. If I needed to look up something I'd have to close out and all that crap so I prefer the Xbox.

You can alt+tab and not have to close things out. It's rather continent plus the nice mods....

Anyone have any idea when the first expansion will be out?

Do they put expansions out for the xbox versions too? I never played a game like this and I got a XBL account too. It's free at the moment but if I have to I'll see about upgrading it.

Do they put expansions out for the xbox versions too? I never played a game like this and I got a XBL account too. It's free at the moment but if I have to I'll see about upgrading it.

I don't think so, but I think they'll have content downloadable via x-box live.

I fell through the ground once.... which promptly spit me out of the sky somehow.....

Never happened again and I didn't do anything to cause it... just walked around Whiterun.

Speaking of 'assults'... I was fiddling around with the fire/frost/lightning rune stuff just a few days ago and, well, happened to put a fire one in the middle of some stairs outside before that house with the cow and that deadish tree... knowing my great luck, I set that right as five people were whipping around the corner chasing each other.... (I never saw it coming until right then...) and I suppose you know what happened.

The funny part was that I chose to die rather than be taken... racked up my bounty and that somehow got wiped clean when two elder dragons decided to attack the place and preoccupy everyone xd.png

The people are back... except the leader dude of Battle Born or whatever... he died died in that explosion and I haven't seen him around anymore :/

You had Elder Dragons attack Whiterun? I've made a couple dragons land in Riften before and one attacked Winterhold but the ones I mostly find are outside of Riften.