LoveLost

Trials and Travels (Semi-lit)

Ayame

Ayame looked at Loren with sympathetic eyes and then smiled as he tilted his head to the side. "Loren, you seem to have changed since I first felt your presence here in the city....and you have finally become a man. The anger that you feel is a righteous anger, but there are things that you won't understand until you become a part of them, not that I am saying you ignorant, just saying that you don't have all the information. But the politics of what is going on are rather harmful to all involved. There will be a chance for those that agree with the nobles to stay and for those that disagree to leave. From what I glean from the king's mind, is that they have already been planning to build another village in the clearing a little beyond us that will be within reach of Sola's military. Despite the anger within you young master, there is still that kind heart that worries for the lives of others, never lose that." he said and smiled again wondering what the boy would think...to him he was a boy, but to others, he was a man.

Noe Amani

Noe looked at Akira and shrugged, she had no idea what to do and as far as she was concerned, he just released his second power. She looked at the onlookers now who had just seen the transformation of a young painter to a powerful wind elementian and a young earth monk into a lightning elementian. What must the king be thinking? She hoped that he wasn't angry with her, but right now she had no idea what to do to get Kai to wake up...there were no other earth benders here and it was rather annoying right now. Maybe Isa could control a beam of light or Loren air that could cut him out of there, but then he would still be too extremely heavy to do anything with...

~Betzalel~

Betzalel followed the young lord, and his bodyguard until they reached the stable and called the horses. When the young lord explained how fine the breed was, Betzalel began to drool a little. The horse looked very tasty, and he haven't had breakfast yet. He got on top of the horse's saddle, then licked the back of his neck, making the horse whinny with pure and utter fear, its eyes widening. "Here's the deal, don't fail me...and I won't eat you whole" Said Betzaled with a huge, creepy grin. His tone was a happy one, but combined with his creepy grin... Well, lets just say the horse, for all its intelligence got the message loud and clear. "Ready to head out my lord!" Called Betzalel, his voice turning serious once more.

~Loren~

Whatever anger was in Loren eyes began to slowly die as he heard Ayame speak. He closed his eyes for a moment. Once his eyes reopened, a gentle gaze was evident. "Build...another Aero?" He asked softly as he closed his eyes once more. Once he opened his eyes again, he wobbled slightly as he looked at the unconscious Kai...trapped in the ground once more. He sighed as he bent down, close his eyes and focused the wind so that it was Razor sharp. Above his hand was a circular disk, almost like a saw blade. "Stand back, I can him out" He said softly as the blade began to spin around and around. Eventually, a blur formed on the edges of the disk. He pressed it down as it began to cut the parts that trapped Kai, sparks flying everywhere.

Ayame looked at the young boy and smiled realizing that his anger had been fed by fear and worry about the people around him as well as himself. After nodding to Loren's question, he then went and explained the situation to those outside. There were many murmurs and questions, but King Aslano was with him and showed his authority on the situation.

Leith watched as Nerio looked around the two of them and Leith noticed that Loren was using a saw on the stone, but it was a wind saw. "Loren be careful!" he said as he watched sparks flying onto now dry items. He quickly put out the sparks and since the wind was causing enough friction for there to be sparks, Leith quickly started to release a small, but steady stream of water to aid in the friction process.

Noe looked around and wondered what would cause Kai to wake up. she was afraid that if she made a cloud that was compacted enough to have a small lightning bolt that it might kill him. But he was a lightning elementian so maybe. With a small huff, Noe held her hands about two feet from Kaimaru's chest and closed her eyes as a small cloud built up in her hands. She couldn't lose control, she just couldn't, but this would be a good thing if she kept building it up. Noe could feel the lightning but stopped just before it came out. She was too afraid to do this....maybe if Loren just got him out of the stone, that would be good.

Akira nodded and whispered "I see..." to Noe, before standing up, or at least trying to. But she just wobbled a bit and collapsed back down panting and muttering "Never grow anything in a strong windstorm...." Trying to regain her strength. She looked at what Loren was doing then sighed. She wished she could help, she couldn't really even fight with her element. She loved her element and her abilities, but she still wished she could help fight as well.

---

Akilana blinked then caught on to what Noe was going to do. She sighed then tried to smile, went over and said in the best reassuring voice she could, which admittably wasnt very good, but showed she was trying "I'm sure he will be fine soon enough. He probably just needs some rest. Akira, when you feel better maybe you could find a plant that helps give energy, and give some to all of us. I bet were all rather tired."

(Sorry for any spelling, punctuation, or other mistakes right now. I'm on phone cause I just got back from a choir concert a bit ago.)

Loren didn't bother paying attention to Leith's small jet of water, he just focused on the sawing. He could feel the small breeze of wind that came from the wind, it helped when the sparks kept hitting his forehead. By now the arms and hands were free, all that remained was the head and leg. With a focused gaze he slowly took his time around his head. Loren's Father was a sixth generation "Steelboy", a person who went into the complex and dangerous parts of Aero to fix the steel/machines that kept it afloat. He learned enough to know how to make his "razor wind" into the form of a saw blade. It took two forms, the incredibly thin, but sharp as hell blades and the single, circular sawblade.

It took a good three minutes, but Kai's head was free. "Stop getting yourself injuried, you dumb-" Loren muttered very softly, but caught himself as he went for the legs. They alone took more time then anything else. After a good ten or so minutes, both legs were free. Loren got up and brushed the fine earth from his cloak, dispelling the saw blade.

"He's free, but he's got some first degree burns from the sparks...mostly due to the fact he's not wearing a shirt to protect himself" Explained Loren, with a bitter sigh.

Noe looked up in surprise at Akilana as the younger girl actually spoke to her in a voice that was far less than hostile. She actually seemed to be ecnouraging her which was odd because Noe was usually the one encouraging others. "thank you akilana." she said and smiled at her then noticed that Akira seemed to not be feeling well. She must have used her abilities to the extent that it exhausted her. "akira," she said softly and walked over to the girl and helped her to sit up against a wall. "You know better than to try and use your abilities in an offensive attacking sort of way. You're not made that way, but it's perfectly fine with all of us." she said and hugged the girly tightly before she pulled out a small drink that she always carried around with her. It was some sort of concotion that akira had made for her and she gave it to the girl now. "Here" she said then looked at loren as he stood up. "Thank you Loren...it would have been kinda odd letting him stay there in the ground." she said and took some of the salve that akira had made yesterday and started to gently apply the salve wondering if she should try and wake him again, or not. "Are you burnt anywhere Loren?" she asked holding up the pot in a motion that stated 'if you are, show me.'

Akira smiled a little and said "I wanted to help... I could tell that thing was dangerous..." Before she drank some of the potion. She then took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a bit. It would take a bit for it to kick in one way or another. She had to admit it was a stupid idea though. Especially with all that wind. It would have been better if she had a more still environment to do that, and of course at most it would only make it so he couldn't move, unless she used thorns which she could then harm the body, but it was very hard to do any major damage.

--

Akilana nodded nodded and said "Your welcome." Her cheeks were actually starting to hurt now though. It really was a forced smile since she was not used to it, and had only a thin stream of real emotions coming out, she still had not found the time to try and sort through her head after that. She still had to change her whole point of view and way. She looked at Kai then her face slipped back to the neutral expression, but her voice still tried to carry emotion. She went over to Noe and said "Do you need any help?" in a more or less kindly quizzical tone.

(Hey LL I just noticed that Akilana's application is like no where to be found on the pages, and she is not listed in the element thing, the one that states who's good, who's bad, and so on xd.png)

Edited by akiraa

Loren wiped the sweat from his forehead, a few of the spark had managed to land on him. But luckily, he still had his cloak on, so only a few small burns appeared on his face. His father had a mask that allowed him to see, and not get burned by such work...would have been nice to have. He looked at Noe as she asked him if he was burn. He shook his head softly, smiling softly. "J-just a few tiny spots on my face, nothing to worry about" Said Loren, before looking at the bodies of Trig and Lyd...what happened?

Noe looked at Akira and sighed. "You really should stop hating the way that you are Akira. You do really well at what you do." she said and then smiled at the young girl before stepping closer to Loren and gently taking his chin in one hand and then using her other hand to apply the salve on the burns and made sure to cover every single one of them so that they wouldn't feel all that hot later in the evening. Before allowing herself to blush she turned away and sat down the salve and looked at the bodies before noticing a still crying Marcy. when she tried to step near, Victor looked up at her with almost feral eyes, not knowing who to trust.

Akira chuckled and said "I don't hate my abilities... I only wish I could help more..." She loved that she had what she had. But she still wished she could help more. She wanted to be able to help in the fighting, help to protect instead of just healing when the fighting was over. If it was like that than her friends could die before she could help them, she just wanted to help protect them as well.

Loren merely sighed as he listened to Akira complain about her abilities. He was a bit too shy to say anything that honest, so he kept his thoughts to himself. "My abilities are defensive and passive...in combat terms" He thought as he closed his eyes and sighed softly. He only opened them when he felt something on his chin, and it was Noe's hand. He felt some sort of cream being applied on his face, then she quickly turned away. He gave a faint blush as he sighed, the burns weren't as bad as Kai's...

Kai awoke to the feeling of something cold being rubbed on his bare skin. his eyes snapped open and his hand shot out and grabbed Noe's as she was applying the salve, he held on tightly for a moment until his eyes focused and he seemed to comprehend what was going on. He quickly let go of her with a look of apology.

His head was pounding and he blinked a few times, shaking it to clear things up. That's when he noticed the two dead Aero councilors. He also noticed that he'd lost all his sand again, probably from the discharge... and and lightning didn't really mix. He also noticed that he had some odd burns around his body that he didn't remember having before, though they too could be from the discharge... maybe. Oh... and apparently he wasn't cemented in the stone floor anymore, which was surprising, he made a note to put it back the way he found it as soon as he figured out what was going on.

He noted with a sigh that both symbols on his forehead were now plainly visible, lightning over his left eye and earth over his right. Well I guess there's no point in trying to keep that a secret anymore... oh well... I really was going to have to tell everyone anyways... eventually... right.

"Sorry for startling you," He apologized to Noe, sitting up slowly and wincing at the pain from the burns, though the rest of his body seemed to be in working condition, just a little slow it seemed.

He glanced at Loren, and then at Aketsu and Isa, and... well everyone was there by this point.

"I take it I have some explaining to do?" He sighed, "well it's mostly self explanatory, zap, boom... and all that. I guess I was just waiting for a better moment to let you all know. So uh... what happened exactly?" He asked weakly.

Isa, Leith, Nerio, Noe, Ayame

Isa looked around and finally connected the dots. Despite being smart, sometimes things took a second to connect and make sense. Kaimaru was rare...a rare being, a rare gift as her father would say but beyond that. He had extensive control over both which took a lot of discipline and heart to master both to the best of his ability. "Kai..." she said and looked at his face noting now how his eyes made sense and finally realizing that he had both marks on his forehead. His hair was a combination of both types of Elementian. "that's incredible!" she said and then looked at Ayame and her father as they both walked into the room.

"A rare gift Ayame, isn't it? There are only a few that have that ability, and two that we know of....Kai now and Jahanshah from Queen Zillah's court." The king knelt down in the dust beside Kaimaru. "You are a strange one Kaimaru." he said and looked up at the others wondering how he was able to get out and Noe directed him to Loren. "I see that there are several hidden talents here....I hope all of you will be honest with each other." He said then walked over to the two bodies and shook his head; this was disheartening news.

Leith knelt down beside the two bodies, and with some surprise, he studied the wounds that Victor caused. "Hmm, the control that you two have over wind, is almost the way that you control water....sharp, distinct." he said and removed Trig's shirt and noticed that there was no blood. "But, how did you....." he looked at Victor and then shook his head. "It's a stealthy weapon...you were the murderer?" he looked at Victor who looked down at the ground, crest-fallen.

"Yeah....they would have killed Marcy though....I didn't know what to do." Victor said and looked to the king for help who merely walked over to the two of them and placed a hand on each of their shoulders. "You will stay here for a time and stay safe." he said.

Leith then looked at Lyd's body with Nerio and the two were fascinated with the way that the body had no marks on it other than where Kaimaru had hit. It was a broad area, but they would have thought that the lightning would have branched out, but it didn't. It was rather interesting to the two of them, but after they were done, the bodies were removed by the guards.

Noe looked at all of the others and walked back over to Kaimaru and Loren. It was the first time that she had ever seen anyone killed and actually had a hand in it. It was slightly traumatic, and she felt safe near the two males instead of standing between everyone. Noe had to think of a way to help Akira develop her abilities to make them defensive like Nerio's. She wouldn't be too terribly good at fighting, maybe poisons like Aketsu? She wasn't sure, but right now, she just needed to think....

Kai noticed the look on Noe's face, he recognized it, shock, a little trauma, perhaps the first time she'd seen anyone die in front of her in a violent manner.

He was immediately ashamed that he no longer felt that way when facing death. It was a reminder to him just how horrible death really was, how it was supposed to be. It wasn't supposed to be taken lightly, and it wasn't supposed to be easy. But in war... you had to be able to shrug it off, you can't afford to think of your enemy as a man with a family and a wife and children, if you did then you were a murderer, if you could then you were less than human.

A soldier sees an enemy as something else, something not human, not a man with a life and a family, simply a threat, an obstruction, and he has to! Wars simply are the worst things that can happen, both those killed and those who do the killing have their lives ripped from them, their souls torn out, and the one still living has to face the consequences of their actions over and over again as they remembered in memory and in dreams the things they'd done. To live that way one had to have faith and purpose, without those two they would surely be driven mad by their own consciences, that or they became less than human and started taking pleasure from their killings.

Kai had killed before, in self defense, in the defense of others, and each time it had taken a toll on him, and it had forced him to rely on his beliefs, his faith, and his purpose, the thought that he was fighting to bring balance that would remove fighting from those that followed after him.

That was the true sacrifice of a warrior. A warrior didn't merely lay his life on the line in battle. If he survived he was a killer, he walked through hell and back so that those who came after him, his younger siblings, his children, would never know the horrors of war.

Kai forced himself to stand and moved to the middle of the group, this needed to be said.

"Listen to me all of you who are choosing to take this task set before us." He waited a moment until there was silence and then began by looking to Noe. "You are for the most part younger than I am and I doubt any of you has ever killed anyone for any reason."

"It is the worst thing that you can do, to take life." He placed a comforting hand on Noe's shoulder. "When you kill you don't merely end a life, you break apart families, you orphan children, you make widows and widowers out of young men and women. You cause pain and sorrow that can last for generations." He continued, his sing-song voice seeming deeper than before. "You will be hated, you may even come to hate yourself."

He turned to Akira. "Blessed are those gifted to heal, do not seek to become a killer Akira."

He turned to Noe, "Blessed are those who have never taken part in dealing in death, I wish that all would never have to face this burden."

He turned to Aketsu and Isa, "Blessed are those who have love and purpose, hold tightly to these and you will survive the horror of killing others."

He turned to Loren and Ayame, "Blessed are those who make the noble sacrifice, taking this path through hell in order that others may never know of it. Your compassion makes you strong and keeps you sane through the insanity we will all face."

He turned to Leith and Nerio, "Blessed are those who have bonds deeper than friendship, your brother will be your shelter in this storm and your humor will be the savior of your minds."

"I have killed before, I already carry that knowledge with me and deal with it day by day. Each of you must do this, each of you must be able to kill without hesitation, and each of you must be able to live with yourselves afterwards." He ran a hand over his lightning symbol, "our enemy will not share our love for life, our enemy will not hesitate to kill us or feel remorse. Our enemy will not spare our lives, and will not show us mercy or kindness, compassion or even pity. Our enemy would destroy us all, for we are not prepared to do the same."

It was a solemn proposition and it sounded like a death sentence. "But we will win, in the end, because we have a purpose beyond ourselves. We have fight for others and not for our own gain, we don't seek to further ourselves but to serve and save those we love most. Hold onto these things, make them your reason for fighting. Let go of hate, of vengeance, of the past, of the present, of pride and greed and envy. These will destroy you as surely as any lightning bolt. These divide us and keep us from working together."

He closed his eyes and spoke once more, opening them slowly. "What we are about to do is the most horrible thing and also the greatest love that anyone can ask of someone else. To lay down our lives and sacrifice our principles at least in part, in order to save others from having to do the same. If you cannot do this," his eyes searched the group, resting eventually on Noe, "if you cannot face this. If you don't have a purpose and belief that will get you through this darkness, then I don't want you to come with us. There is no shame in admitting it. Very few are capable, and those who aren't are to be envied above all else for their innocence. Who among you... must choose to stay?"

Loren felt a bit sick to his stomach, to see a man murdered with his own eyes...He just couldn't believe it would happen within his own lifetime. He then turned to Kai as he started to talk...which then turned into a speech. Loren's eyes were tearing up right at the start...because he would have to become the very thing he hated. He always hated being an Elementian, now he would hate himself...for becoming a killer. By choosing this path, he would never forgive himself.

"Blessed are those who make the noble sacrifice, taking this path through hell in order that others may never know of it. Your compassion makes you strong and keeps you sane through the insanity we will all face."

Those words were directed right at Loren, as well as Ayame. A sacrifice... but what would he have to give up? His life? His pacifism? His humanity?... Or all three? Eventually, he began to talk about how their enemies will try to kill them, and not show the same feelings they will have... but for Loren, it would be impossible. He wasn't the type to think of a person as just an threat, he would always just be a person with someone waiting back home... He nearly threw up in his mouth, but managed to steel himself.

"What we are about to do is the most horrible thing and also the greatest love that anyone can ask of someone else. To lay down our lives and sacrifice our principles at least in part, in order to save others from having to do the same. If you cannot do this, if you cannot face this. If you don't have a purpose and belief that will get you through this darkness, then I don't want you to come with us. There is no shame in admitting it. Very few are capable, and those who aren't are to be envied above all else for their innocence. Who among you... must choose to stay?"

When Kai finished his speech, Loren was pretty much shedding tears... He knew how broken he would become by the end of this, regardless if they won or not. Maybe, with just a bit of luck... He would still think of himself as a human. He knew that no matter how much he would change, how much pain and trauma he would suffer, that if it meant' no more wars...then maybe that would save him.

With a fierce swipe of his hand, he wiped away the tears. "If...If were going to be honest..." He started to say before he cleared his throat. "I never wanted to be an elementian, in fact some days I utterly despise that I'm one of you. It was elementians that brought us to this point, it was the Light Alliance's fault and their hatred of those they fought. Thanks to them, every child that had a elementian parent was shunned, captured and maybe kill." Spoke Loren, the tears of anger started to roll down his cheek, he was already at his breaking point.

Catching himself, he turned around and wiped them away. He took a deep breath, then turn towards the group as a whole. "I'm not strong, Like Kai or Aketshu... I'm not rich, nor were my parents elementians. I'll probably be the first to breakdown, to see myself as something worse." He said, this time much softer. Then, he turned to Kai with a look of fear in his eyes.

"I will stand with you." He said, trying to muster up as much courage to combat the utter fear in his eyes.

Edited by Lore_Master

Akira opened her eyes a little and said "I never said I wished to kill...." She shuddered at the thought but said "I only wish to protect my friends.... And I will come.... No matter what..." Akira then made herself stand up, by using the wall as support. She leaned on it then said "Anyways, I do love my healing abilities... I only wish to be able to do more to help my friends..." Akira sighed and said "Healing can only do so much, I feel that if I can't help protect by fighting as well... that you guys will still lose your life's... I can't heal on a battle field, and I don't have the exact ability to heal deadly wounds..." Akira shook her head. She sighed then got hit by dizziness and slid back onto the floor. She decided she'd wait a bit longer before trying to stand up again.

--

Akilana sighed. She, of course, wasn't mentioned in Kai's little speech. She did, of course, just barely start to try and open up. Akilana looked over at Akira then at Noe and said "I think we should take her to her room for a bit..." She sighed then said "I will come along..." She then whispered "It's the least I can do for how I've acted... and what I've done...." With that she turned around and went over to Akira, trying her best to get the girl on her feet to take her to her room, but of course she only ended up having to support Akira with the wall as well, being unable to move now. She then said "A little... help...." She didn't fell like telling the truth right now, not without being asked. She would rather not let anyone know of her past, and why she was the way she was.

Edited by akiraa

Leith and Nerio looked at Kaimaru as he spoke. He was definitely a good leader for them and what he said, was what they all needed to hear. If they didn't then they wouldn't have been faced with the question until they finally killed an enemy. Leith wasn't too disturbed with the fact that he had to kill to keep everyone alive, however Nerio, was rather uncomfortable. He was a people person and to kill was going to be very hard for him. But Leith nodded at Kaimaru's words, happy that their kinship would keep them alive yet Nerio, for once, stood behind Leith and seemed to be timid. Leith glanced back at his brother and raised an eyebrow.

"To be the second to voice it is hard for me as most of you know. But I am afraid of doing this as well. However my brother, seems to be ahead of me in this area." Nerio looked timidly at his brother who was looking at him sympathetically. "I'll do it though." He said and smiled at the others in his charming way as Leith nodded to the group. "You will have the two of us."

After answering, Leith walked over to Akilana and Akira and picked up Akira. "Akilana, if you could lead me to Akira's room?" he asked gently.

((Leaving Isa for later))

Noe looked at the ground waiting for Kaimaru to finish. It was hard for her, as a woman, to do something that was commonly against her nature. Yet here she had been a part of it and helped kill a man. She knew that he had a family, and that he had two children, a boy and a girl. They were now fatherless and their mother without a husband. A single tear flew down her face, but then something changed in her that made her realize, that without killing, there would be more sadness and even more killing without the killing of their enemies. "Innocence can also be an impediment." she said and stood up beside Kai as she wiped away what was left of a few tears. "Like Kai said, we all have to do something within ourselves to make that change that shows us how to be what we need to be." she thought the unsaid word that was on everybody's mind....killers. "I'll go." she said then walked around the room picking things up as people cleared out of the room leaving the elementians alone, even Ayame, after placing a firm hand on Kaimaru's shoulder, left the room.

Akilana nodded and said "Alright Leith." With that she made sure she had Akira well, then started walking towards Akira's room. Akira tried to help with the weight of herself as much as she could, but it barely did anything. She was hardly able to put any weight on her legs, but she put a bit and walked the best she could. Akilana sighed with relief as they got to Akira's room after a bit. She carefully adjusted Akira and opened the door. She then re adjusted and started heading into the room. Once she got to Akira's bed she said "Alright, time for rest Akira..." And gently laid what she could of Akira down. Akira sighed and said "I'm sorry about this..."

Jahanshah

"Ready my lord."

It was Marcus, the first to be ready as usual. Jahan smiled. This was exciting. This was fun. This was power. This was death. All four words were quite unused with Jahan, especially the first and the last. But this was his only opportunity to help Queen Zillah, and he knew that she trusted him. He turned and looked to Aamina, expecting her to also be ready. He was quite surprised to see her hands shaking as she clung onto her pony for dear life. He blinked and it took him a few seconds to remember that she was quite close to the earth... or at least, she preferred to be. He decided to not say anything and instead turned to Betzalel, whose horse looked about ready to die but was still standing.

"Ready to head out my lord!"

Jahan nodded to Betzalel and patted his horse on the neck; everyone else seemed ready, and he knew no 'are you sure?' speech was required, for there was no such thing as fear of battle in the Shadow Lands. Yes, they were going to fight. No, Jahan had never killed anyone before. Yes, he was going to do that, and yes, some of his people were going to be injured. He could take it; he was sure he could, because everyone believed he could.

"Then let's go," he said firmly. "Hya!" His horse snorted and took off at an easy lope, a pace it could keep up for hours over flat ground. He had chosen a larger horse simply because he needed one to carry around all his metal. It was a plain bay horse, but that was good; a group of people riding all-black horses would look suspicious and was actually a taboo among those of the Light Alliance.

Not long into the lope, Jahan suddenly got an idea. It was childish, but Jahan was still a child in many ways. He grinned and began to adjust himself in his saddle, careful that his horse kept going. Soon he had himself sitting backwards, and he grinned at those who were riding behind him. He turned and looked at Marcus. "Marcus!" He had to raise his voice to get over the wind. "What's the first thing you're going to do when we defeat the Light Alliance?" There was a note of excitement and joy in his voice, and he had no doubt they'd win; their teamwork, their drive and their weapons were unstoppably powerful when combined, and the stuck-up Light Alliance stood no chance in Jahan's mind. After all, it wasn't like he was going to ask 'What's the first thing you're going to do if we lose?'

Yeah, that'd keep moral up.

~~~~~~~~~~

~Yuaki~

The moment it all started, Yuaki darted out of sight. She hid, hiding everything she knew and everything she was. She listened, she flinched, she gasped, she shook and she shuddered. But not once did she show her face. Aero... I had no idea! Daddy never told me this!

The part that took her breath away was when she heard the screech of an ancient beast, and all the elements stopped. She knew who it was, but still she stayed silent and hid. Lightning from Kai... the proclamation that Aero was an enemy... finally, Yuaki stepped out of the shadows, not at all seeming ashamed that she had behaved cowardly. This wasn't my place; there was nothing I could do.

She stepped out to see the aftermath and smiled at Kai. She didn't even need to announce that she was going with them; she simply went and stood next to Kai as though he was her brother. "You really made a show," she commented quietly. She glanced at Aketsu. That talisman... oh boy. The Shadow Queen has outdone herself. And Lord Jahan is a double elementalist?! Why didn't I ever know this? That Ayame guy... he's one of the Ancient Creatures. With him on our team, I can never use my element. I thought maybe I'd show Isa some time, when we're all alone... but now I can't.

Yuaki realized that she had been staring at Ayame, and she quickly averted her gaze and looked at Noe instead. She seemed to be deep in thought...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Aketsu~

Th-that talisman... that's what...

It was a good thing Kai and the others acted, because a second rush of memories came back to Aketsu and he was stunned for a few seconds. There was wind, just as powerful as Aketsu's, and then there was a flash of lightning and a scream and Aketsu gasped. His eyes darted around to see that Kai had shot the lightning. Kai...? No way...

Then there was the screech of a Beast and all at once the elements had stopped. Aketsu stared at the now-beast Ayame as the creature landed. Aketsu was speecheless.

"I'm afraid that everything that we have been doing, has been released to the Shadow Queen because of Lyd and Trig," Ayame was saying. "They held Marcy captive to make Victor play along and now these two are free.However, because there are only two Aero members left, and many Aero nobles have become corrupt save for those that are here, Aero is considered to be any enemy city." Aketsu's mouth dropped, but then suddenly Ayame was speaking to him and he quickly snapped out of it.

"Aketsu, the talisman that they had, drained you of your potential power as well as your memories of your family. What you did as a child, does not apply to now, you are a wiser young man, and you seem to have been able to tame the beast that is Taikisha Moren." Aketsu couldn't think of any coherent, intelligent response, so he just stood and comprehended what he was seeing and hearing. Loren made a point about Aero, but Aketsu already knew what Ayame would say and he was right; Aero would have to make their choice. Some would stay with the Light Alliance and appoint new leaders while others would join the Shadow and leave. Families would be torn, riots would break out... his homeland was going to be in chaos while he was gone. And he hadn't been there in years. And his family...

Aketsu distracted himself by looking over Leith and Nerio's shoulders as they examined the bodies. The damage was incredible and well-done, but Aketsu avoided eye-contact with Victor and Marcy. He still felt rage at them, even though it wasn't their fault. Everything they had taken from him and his family, everything that had happened... his emotions wanted to blame it on them, and so he did not dare speak to them.

Then suddenly Kai was speaking, and Aketsu turned to face him. "Listen to me all of you who are choosing to take this task set before us." And then he started to talk about killing. Aketsu had never really thought of it in the way that Kai spoke about it, but overall he had no fear of killing. Not anymore, at least. He saw Loren's look of fear and the look of fear that crossed the faces of many of his companions and felt for them; as Kai was saying, it was a huge choice to take a human life. Aketsu made his way over to Isa.

"Blessed are those who have love and purpose, hold tightly to these and you will survive the horror of killing others."

Aketsu nodded to Kai and listened as he kept speaking. Yuaki was also listening, though her eyes seemed to almost defy what Kai said next: "Each of you must do this, each of you must be able to kill without hesitation, and each of you must be able to live with yourselves afterwards. Our enemy will not share our love for life, our enemy will not hesitate to kill us or feel remorse. Our enemy will not spare our lives, and will not show us mercy or kindness, compassion or even pity. Our enemy would destroy us all, for we are not prepared to do the same."

Yuaki seemed a bit stiff, like she didn't believe Kai, but she was watching Kai intently and nodding in agreement to what he said. "But we will win, in the end, because we have a purpose beyond ourselves. We have fight for others and not for our own gain, we don't seek to further ourselves but to serve and save those we love most. Hold onto these things, make them your reason for fighting.“

Aketsu looked at Isa, then back at Kai. He now had a million things to hold on to, a million reasons to live another day. "If you cannot do this, if you cannot face this. If you don't have a purpose and belief that will get you through this darkness, then I don't want you to come with us. There is no shame in admitting it. Very few are capable, and those who aren't are to be envied above all else for their innocence. Who among you... must choose to stay?"

As the others answered, Aketsu too answered. Yuaki had taken up one of Kai's sides, but Aketsu came to the other and put a firm hand on the other man's shoulder. "Wherever you go, whatever you fight; I shall now be there alongside of you, until this bitter war is over for good."

Leith chuckled. "Why are you sorry? Don't worry about it Akira. You rest up and we will leave tonight." He said and then walked out of the room not really intent on speaking. Things were in a large amount of turmoil in his own mind. He would have to kill...but could Nerio? The sinking feeling in his stomach made him know that his brother could not...

Isa watched all that was going on around her and realized that Noe was cleaning up. Just like she should be of course, but at least she had helped as she knew how. For that, Isa could respect her and enjoy her company for a time. But things were still a little bit shaky around her and she watched in wonder as Marcy ran over to Aketsu and fell to her knees only to bow her head to the ground; a show of servitude.

Marcy was still crying in relief and in regret of all that had gone on. She was young, maybe her late twenties but she looked like a young girl still while her brother, although a few years older, looked to be in his later thirties. "A-ak...etsu..." she said between sobs. "I'm...so...sorry..." she said and kept her head to the ground as Victor tried to lift her up. "No Victor! You should be sorry too! What we have done could never be forgiven." she said and looked up at Aketsu tears coursing down her cheeks as Victor looked down at the ground.

Isa knelt down beside Marcy and looked up at Aketsu, then back at the young girl. "You were forced to do it right?" Marcy nodded, too choked up to really say anything. "Then repay what you did by telling us where his family is."

Marcy's face brightened up considerably as she stood up and bowed to the two of them. She ran to where they had been sitting earlier and produced a key. "This key will lead you to your parents! They are locked up in the forest just outside of the city where no one would think to find them. It's not that far from here and you can find them by the time that you have to leave tonight!" she said and handed the key to Aketsu with a smile.

Victor looked up at Aketsu, shame blanketing his face. "I am sorry as well Lord Aketsu." he said and then the two of them were taken by guards to a place where they would be safe. Messengers were sent to the city of Aero and the nobles were all sent home leaving the castle quiet so that the students could rest before they had to leave that evening.

Noe looked at the exchange between the others, but she was still afraid about her friends. If the queen knew of what they were doing, then how was what they were going to do surprise their enemy. Ouch, that hurt. She thought as she looked down after picking up a piece of broken glass from a lovely pot that had been broken. Whatever..... she continued with her work and once the room was picked up and clean with the help of the other servants, she looked at the large griffin and found comfort in his presence in the room. When he walked outside into the courtyard so that he could stretch his wings, Noe walked out behind him and buried her face in his warm feathers.

"You are not afraid Noe?" he asked her.

"You are still Ayame." she whispered as she felt him crane his head around and hug her. She was insecure at the moment and still a young woman. Her life was taking a huge change and with Victor, she had killed a man...she had killed.

"You did not expect this to come so soon did you?" Ayame asked her and looked at her with one giant golden eye. "Noe, you are still have a strong and golden heart my little hatchling." he said with a chuckle as she giggled at the word hatchling.

Noe leaned against Ayame's foreleg and looked at the fields in front of them.

((you forgot Marc L² tongue.gif))

Skylar

Sky nodded and then rode up to where Marcus was, wanting to ride beside him. She blushed a bit when she heard Jahan's question directed at him, knowing what he was going to say in reply. She wasn't blushing due to embarrassment, okay maybe a little, but mainly out of happiness. She was happy to be engaged to the love of her life and she couldn't wait to spend the rest of her life with him. She happily rode beside her beloved, feeling a bit excited about defeating the Light Alliance as she rode.

((I did that kinda on purpose kinda not smile.gif ))

Marcus

Marcus glanced at Skylar who had ridden up beside him and blushed. Marcus looked back at Jahan after smirking at Aamina who was riding her own pony, but still as white faced as all get out. "Once we are rid of the tyrrany and disgusting presence of those allied with the Light Alliance, I am going to have a wedding!" He laughed happily and darkly at the same time. This battle was going to be glorious and fun and the wedding was going to be the best thing to happen to him, EVER! He was so happy about it and he looked at Jahanshah again knowing that he would think Skylar a weakness, but she could defend herself. "As to who, it would be Skylar of course!" he said and kicked his horse to go even faster.

Kai's face took on a look of relief, and also of pain. He watched Noe leave and wanted to rush after her, but he restrained himself. She needed time, and what could he say? There was nothing that would make it any easier, and perhaps his very presence would be a burden to her.

He turned instead to Aketsu, not speaking for a moment as other thoughts crashed through his brain. He felt guilt, of course everyone had chosen of their own will, but he would be leading them to far worse than what had just occurred. They wouldn't face the death of merely enemies, but innocents, and perhaps even one another. It truly would be hell on earth. But... he reminded himself, glancing at Isa and Aketsu, that was not all it would be. No, there was certainly balance and he knew that all of them would become great friends.

There would be hardships, but there would also be healing, and laughter, friendships and joy along the way. In the end it was these things that would keep them together through all of it. From these they would glean the strength necessary to endure the evil before them and to overcome it.

"I'm truly glad to call you my friend Aketsu." Kai replied. "But we're both leading this expedition. I won't have you following me, but walking right beside me... that I would welcome."

Skylar

Sky outright smiled at what Marc said and then rode faster behind him in order to catch up to him. Once she was at his side once again she asked him curiously, "Do you remember the first day that we fell in love?" She herself remembered some of it but not all of it and she wanted to know if he did so that it could help her remember it a bit more. She really hoped that neither her nor him, again, wouldn't get injured in the upcoming battle against the Light Alliance. If they did get injured, then oh well since it was a bit hard to be perfect and not get injured but she could still worry about it.

~Jahanshah~

Jahanshah was young, but it wasn't hard for him to notice that Skylar immediately blushed at Jahan's question and Marcus glanced at Skylar.

"Once we are rid of the tyranny and disgusting presence of those allied with the Light Alliance, I am going to have a wedding!" Jahan smiled, quite pleased as Marcus laughed with confidence. Jahan knew right then and there that he couldn't have asked for a better team than he had. "As to who, it would be Skylar of course!" Jahan was surprised when Marcus made his horse speed up. In response, Jahan turned himself around to ride forwards again and leaned into his horse a little. He noticed that Aamina looked a bit sick, so he rode a bit closer to her horse--just in case. He then glanced at Betzalel, a light smile still on his face. "Betzalel, would you suggest riding all night until we reach Cumulus or setting up camp when the sun sets?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((don't feel obligated to look at all the random pics of Aketsu's siblings, and feel free to even use the pics for future characters--I can change them. :3 Couldn't find a picture for his parents.))

~Aketsu~

Aketsu nodded to Kai. "Then I'll be at your side," he replied. He saw a look of sadness on Kai's face and he did wonder what was troubling the young man, but he was too busy in his own thoughts to wonder very long... especially when a bawling Marcy suddenly rushed towards him. He tensed, afraid that she might hug him or tug on his clothing (or, deep in his mind, even attack him), but instead she fell before him and bowed her head to the dust. Aketsu just stared, not sure what to say or if to say anything at all. A tiny part of him wanted to judge her and punish her, to bask in her sadness and make her feel worse, but that part was strongly suppressed by the man Aketsu had become and the noble behavior he had been taught.

"A-ak...etsu... I'm...so...sorry..." She was sobbing so much and sounded like such a young girl, Aketsu blinked and glanced to the side. He couldn't look at her any longer, not without saying something he would regret. Victor tried to tug her to her feet, but she resisted. "No Victor! You should be sorry too! What we have done could never be forgiven."

Never be forgiven. How awful would it be to know that someone would never forgive you, someone that's supposed to be your ally and even your own people? To know that every time he returned to the lands, he would always have a dark eye for you or a harsh word. Aketsu wasn't usually sympathetic, but forgiveness had always been important to him; he couldn't imagine the king never being able to forgive him for something. Aketsu this time looked off to the left and down, almost looking ashamed himself.

"You were forced to do it right? Then repay what you did by telling us where his family is."

Aketsu looked at Isa in surprise, then looked hopefully at Marcy. She bowed and ran off, and Aketsu shifted. His family... his seven siblings... what were they like? How much had they grown, and would they still accept him? I just want to know they're alive. That's all that matters, he decided. Marcy returned holding a large key.

"This key will lead you to your parents! They are locked up in the forest just outside of the city where no one would think to find them. It's not that far from here and you can find them by the time that you have to leave tonight!" Aketsu carefully took the key from Marcy and gave a slight nod of thanks. He studied the key, a slightly worried look on his face.

"I am sorry as well Lord Aketsu." It was Victor who spoke, but Aketsu did no more than look up at the man in response. He watched as Victor and Marcy were led away by guards. Then he looked at Isa. "Thank you," he said simply. "For everything. What... what Kai said is true. We're going to be facing a lot of hostility and death on our travel. Many trials. All of them are." He looked to his right at the dispersing individuals, then suddenly he felt tired, and he let out a loud yawn.

"Well!" His voice was considerably more cheerful. "I guess I'll be meeting my family tonight. You've never met them before, have you?" Aketsu paused, thinking to himself. "Sadly enough, I'm having trouble recalling their names... they were... good friends of the Aero council, back in the day. Yes, I remember now. My father is Lord Savelle, my mother Lady Saira, my oldest brother Chaix, my other brothers Chosein, the twins Akeno and Ekaizu, and Tsoun." Aketsu paused and swallowed.

"Then my sisters... Aneni and Nitaliah. I... wonder if they're all alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Yuaki~

Yuaki inched her way away from Kai and the others as the crowd dispersed. She didn't know the Aero council personally, but if they somehow recognized her or knew of her or something... well, Marcy and Victor were bound to speak up about it. Yuaki didn't want to risk losing what she had worked so hard to gain, the position she had finally come to. She was exactly where she needed to be, and she felt willing to do just about anything to stay there. As the nobles dispersed, Yuaki sort of joined them, her hand on her sword hilt. Something felt wrong, icky, uncomfortable... Yuaki didn't like that feeling at all and so made her way to the training grounds and took out her sword. She began practicing various cuts and blocks, trying to pinpoint the bad feeling... guilt.

Yuaki almost breathed a grow. "Dreaded musch clouds! I feel guilty. And there's nothing for me to be guilty about!" She swung her sword hard at a wooden dummy and was greeted with a resounding clunk as her sword gashed its head. "Everything turned out fine, just how it should have and I'm just where I belong! Stupid... fake... unreal... feeling!" With every drawn out word Yuaki smashed her sword into another part of the dummy. "Ha!" She giggled in triumph as one of the dummy's arms fell off, not because she had chopped it off but because of the sheer slamming force she had beaten the dummy with. "Yes, everything will be great! I can't wait for this evening!"

And so she continued to train by herself, forgetting about guilt, her past, and just about everything she could that made her think of the betrayal Aero had just committed amongst their own people.