LoveLost

Trials and Travels (Semi-lit)

~Loren~

When the nobles began to disperse from the crowd of people, Loren followed them, silently placing on the robe once more, then placing on the hood. Loren didn't bother to speak to anyone, bother to look to at anyone...didn't bother to do anything, other then walk. Without looking, Loren found his way to the gardens. No body was there, Loren was thankful for this one blessing. He walked up to the pond, and looked down at his own refection. His eyes, the look in his eyes was what surprised him the most. During his travels, people sometimes said his eyes had an energy to them...a life to them, if you will. But that was now gone, replaced by a dull refection. There was no gleam to them, no gleam of happiness...Just the color of gray.

Why couldn't he see the gleam in his eyes?

~Betzalel~

"Once we are rid of the tyranny and disgusting presence of those allied with the Light Alliance, I am going to have a wedding!"

Betzalel merely smirked as he caught up with the group of riders. Oh to be young again. Marcus's comment brought back some of his glory days, before he left his homeland. Drinking people under the table, having flights of fancy with many beautiful beastwomen...good times.

"That's the spirit lad! And look at the bright side, at least two of us won't die as virgins!" Chuckled Betzalel as he moved to be by his lord's side. He didn't count Celeste...something about her disagreed with Betzalel, but for the sake of the mission he wasn't going to kill her...but nothing said that after the mission.

"Betzalel, would you suggest riding all night until we reach Cumulus or setting up camp when the sun sets?"

He looked at the Metal Child, wondering what they should do. It was a rather simple question, but with a complex answer. He took a minute to think, as he looked at everyone around him. Marcus and Skylar were in high spirits, Lord Jahan was in top shape, as always. Despite his dislike of her, Celeste looked tough enough to last through the night. Amalia, however didn't look too good. He gave it one final thought, then turned to speak with him.

"Everyone looks capable of going through the night. However, it might be suspious if we enter the city during the night. If we can, we should get as close as we can without wearing ourselves out, make camp till dawn, then get back on the road just in time to merge with the other travelers. That way, we are rested and we don't draw attention to ourselves." Explained Betzalel, his face had a look of seriousness and professionalism to it. He turned towards the road and added "but its your choice Lord Jahan, and I'll accept whatever choice you make."

Edited by Lore_Master

Marcus

Marcus was sorta halted when he heard Skylar ask about their first time revealing their love to each other. "I kind do actually. We had been traveling for a long time, and had just been attacked by some Light Alliance freaks and we spent the weekend healing and getting to know each other more than we already did." He looked at Betzalel and realized what he had said with such a forward nature. The man was unsettling...very unsettling however he was different from the others so it was understandable. However he did agree with him and then listened to the question that Jahanshah proposed. It was a good idea and with Aamina starting to get used to the feel of a horse it would do them well to continue riding until sunset.

Isa and Ayame

Isa listened to Aketsu and smiled knowing that he would want to take off right away. "Come on, let's go!" she said and walked out to Ayame and realized that Noe was on the other side. "i hope you don't mind me borrowing him." she said and when Noe shook her head no, Isa asked Ayame of she and Aketsu could use him and if he could carry them along with possibly nine other people.

"What do you think I am? A mere horse?" Ayame joked and looked at Aketsu, "Come along boy!" he said and laughed as Isa jumped onto his back and they now waited for Aketsu further into the courtyard that way Ayame would be able to take off.

Noe Amani

Noe looked around at the mess that was now gone and itched her burn only to pull her hand back as a few of the blisters popped. "Stupid." she sighed and then looked at the sky and the grounds absorbing all that she knew, all that she loved. Her body position then changed and if one was to see her heart beat, it would have slowed showing her sudden determination. She had to fight for everything that she loved to keep it safe. She had been blessed with Elementian abilities there fore Noe had to do all she could to use her abilites for protection.

((I looked at all of them and it's amazing how you found ones that all look a lot a like. The only problem that I ran into was the sisters, I can't see them just yet they are taking forever to load.))

Skylar

Sky smiled as she heard that he remembered that day and said, "I remember being so worried about you because you had lost so much blood from the arrow's injury." Even while she said that, her own arrow injury from so long ago started to ache a bit and she winced a bit until it stopped aching. It did that every now and again and she wasn't sure why it did that. The healer had said that the injury would do what it did just a few minutes ago every now and again for no reason but she hadn't explained further on the issue. Her old leg injury that had happened before the arrow attack also ached from time to time and made it feel like a really bad leg cramp before it stopped hurting once again but she didn't pay either injury any attention when they acted up since she knew what to expect from them.

Edited by Dragonpelt

~Jahanshah~

"Everyone looks capable of going through the night. However, it might be suspious if we enter the city during the night. If we can, we should get as close as we can without wearing ourselves out, make camp till dawn, then get back on the road just in time to merge with the other travelers. That way, we are rested and we don't draw attention to ourselves. But it's your choice Lord Jahan, and I'll accept whatever choice you make."

Jahanshah nodded. He hadn't really thought of it looking suspicious entering a city at night, for he was quite used to doing so with his parents when entering cities of the Shadow Alliance. Sure, ten or fifteen guards would be staring hard at you as you neared the gate and three dogs would be there to make sure you smelled like the nobles you claimed to be, but it was still a warm welcome in Jahan's opinion.

Jahan liked the way that Betzalel combined the two ideas. He hadn't been sure of asking Betzalel as he hadn't wanted to seem incapable of making a decision, but he was glad he had asked now; after all, from the nature and comments of the beast-man, Jahan figured he had to be at least a century old if the legends about the many years beast-men could live were true. It made Jahan wonder, for just a moment, how the Queen came across Betzalel and why he decided to come to a world where his own kind was nonexistent. But this thought faded quickly as Jahan decided it was unimportant.

"I agree. We'll stop half a mile from Cumulus near the main trail and rest for the remaining sundown. Then we'll join the earliest morning travelers in entering the city. As the Queen wished, we shall either persuade Cumulus' leaders in our favor or we shall persuade the people to revolt." The idea of a revolt (in a city that wasn't a Shadow Alliance city) sounded rather fun to Jahan. "I'd prefer the revolt, because that would make it easier to take their Weather Machine."

Jahan rubbed a spot on his cheek and found it quite warm--not like a fever, no, it was more like... what did his mother call it? A burn from the sun. Jahan frowned and tapped Daedureth's handle, allowing a shadow to course up his arm and over his face. Now he wished he had worn some sort of hat, even though he hated head-coverings.

~~~~~~~~~

((I'll try finding smaller pictures of his sisters... yeah, it took me two-hundred photobucket photos to find similar brothers!))

Aketsu

Aketsu had been lost in thought about his sisters when suddenly Isa brought him back to the present. "Come on, let's go!" He frowned and walked after her. She wasn't walking towards the stables, though. Where does she think we're going to get a...

Aketsu stopped as Ayame came into sight. Oh.

The sight of the creature still amazed him, and he hadn't even considered asking Ayame to bring them. It only took Isa a few words of conversation, and suddenly she was sitting on Ayame's back. "Come along boy!"

Aketsu followed Ayame into the courtyard, suddenly very nervous. Not nervous about riding Ayame, but about meeting his family. What if they hadn't all survived? What if they had all lost their memories as well? Was there any way to restore them? Aketsu put a single hand on Ayame's flank and swung himself up behind Isa. It was only then that his mind registered that they would be flying. Sure, he had seen the wings on the creature and had seen it fly, but the very idea of flying... Aketsu had never tried to use his wind to fly. He found himself smiling at the idea. "When you're ready," he told Ayame.

Edited by LadyNatasha

Kai nodded, leaving as the nobles came over to Aketsu. He trailed after Isa, eventually waiting to the side until Aketsu and Isa had left, which left Noe by herself.

"Noe." he said tentatively as he walked over to her. "I'm sorry about what happened." He sighed, feeling like an idiot because he had no idea what to say. He'd always been taught to deal with it rationally, think it through, and let the good that was being done be his focus even through the bad. But that was a harsh, calculating way of dealing with it, and not something he thought would be helpful to Noe right at the moment.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked instead.

~Loren~

As he kept looking at the water, his mind finally began to process thoughts...thoughts about his home...his family. He was already a wreak, and he didn't even do any fighting. The only reason he was staying was because Kai caught him off guard...with the little girl. "Damn you Kai..." Muttered Loren as he brushed himself off and moved away from the pond. Truthfully, he didn't mean what he said. He felt if he blamed someone, even if it was not true, he would be able to hold on...just for a little longer. As he made his way through the castle, he realized what he needed to do.

"I need to leave for Aero..." He thought sourly, before he stopped right in the middle of the hallway.

Cielo had been making her way through the halls with calm grace, but when she turned a new corner, she was confronted with someone unexpected; Loren. Nodding her head slightly, "Hello Loren, I had thought you were leaving." She was a touch curious as to why he was still here. Apparently he had wanted to leave but he was still here, perhaps she could have a chance to continue helping him, even if he didn't like it.

"I was, but change of plans have forced me to stay" Muttered Loren with a bitter tone. At first, he didn't bother to turn towards the voice. Once he was done speaking however, he did turn. Only to find out that it was Cielo that was speaking to him. "...Why can't things ever be simple?" He asked with a sigh, sadness filled his voice.

Cielo listened carefully to what Loren replied, but wasn't too pleased with what she heard, though it wasn't like she had expected differently. "What sort of change? Are you going to fight now?" she asked.

Loren paced around slightly, his hand wrapped around his back. "Would you believe it was the result of guilt?" Asked Loren with a saddened smirk. As to whether or not he was going to fight...he was still fighting on saying yes or no to that question. "...Why must everyone die for a stupid alliance?" He asked, the glare in his eyes turning hard. "There's so much wrong with this land I don't wanna stick around and try to change it...because I will fail." He finally said, the truth that he didn't want to speak, his own weakness.

Cielo wasn't surprised at what Loren said to her, though his reply as to why he still wouldn't fight wasn't as good as what she had hoped for. He was simply afraid of failing, and she was going to show him why that was pointless. "Loren, being afraid of failure is fine, but when it prevents you from doing anything, then you become worthless. The reason these people are willing to die for an alliance is because if the alliance fails, then the only thing awaiting everyone is likely death. So they'll do everything they can to save it. All you're willing to do is sit back and become irrelevant while you wait to die, and that simply means you're already failing to live. All you'll do is run away and hide while people die for your sake while you could change everything, you damn failure," Cielo replied harshly. She wasn't going to let him run from her this time, he had his issue out in the open and she was going to force him to look at it till he dealt with it as he should have long ago most likely.

Loren's eyes remained shut during the time Cielo spoke. She didn't understand, she spoke of fighting for the alliance, and that he was a failure because he wasn't as well. Once she was done, he still had his eyes close. Was he almost at tears? Or was he deep in thought? Finally, after a minute of silence, he spoke. "Heh, looks like your right...I'm a damn failure, both as a human being and as an elementian." he said, turning around. Strangely, he wasn't crying...rather he just gave Cielo a small, sad smile. "I'm not willing to fight, to kill another human being. Its... literally in my nature. Why don't you tell Kai and Aketshu that, because I sure as hell can't..." He said, adding a dark chuckle before turning around to walk away.

As Loren turned away, Cielo sighed at his reply. "You don't get it do you?" she asked before continuing. "Te best thing you could do is fight, but you don't even have to do that, Loren. Help manage supplies, become a teacher. Be a good example, that's all you have to do," she said calmly to his back. Loren was perhaps one of the most pitiful people she had err me in many ways. He was afraid of failing which was fine on its own because that made one strive to do better, but he refused to step and do anything that might help even in the least in society during the current period.

"Sure, I can be a good example-Oh wait I'm an elementain, so I have to fight for an alliance I no longer believe in." Joked Loren with a bitterness in his voice. He turned towards Cielo, his eyes showing the same bitterness in his voice. "You saw my drawings...That's what I do to bring a smile to people's faces" He added, the bitterness now gone, a simple smile was there instead. "To give someone a painting, or a drawing, and see their eyes light up with amazement... that is what I feel helps people. Art can brighten up a person's view of the world, even if it's only for a little while." He explained, the smile becoming more and more evident. "I'm not wise like Kai, nor am I strong like Aketsu...I'm a painter, my pencil is what brings hope to a person, not a sword" He finished, the smile become small once more. Edited by Lore_Master

((thank you two for beefing up your posts smile.gif ))

Marcus

Marcus laughed as Skylar spoke about her being worried about him because he had lost so much blood. "I had, but I was trying to keep you from being killed. My leg hurt for months after that and so did my shoulder....and stomach." he said and then smiled at her only to keep riding as he listened to Jahanshah. "Sounds like a good plan my Lord. I'm glad that the city is not that far away from Whisper and also glad that the shadows hide our city from everyone else." he said with a smirk. Whisper had never been found by anyone except for a few lucky spies. But when they left Whisper, there was a sort of distortion that happened with the magnetic fields around the city that confused their sense of direction always leading anyone else several miles away from the actual city.

Ayame

Once the two younglings were on his back, Ayame took off quickly and listened to the gentle chime that came from the key. He could feel Isa reach into Aketsu's pocket and pull it out only to reveal a mystical hologram and sort of technology that could only come from Electra. The key led them to a spot directly between the Plant Elementian city of Natura and Sola itself. Ayame landed where he could find a spot and Isa looked at the key hologram again, noticing how it started to pulse slowly. Both she and Ayame started to walk in the direction of a brown circle and the pulsing started to become faster when they came to a large mound in the ground.

Isa

Isa looked at the mound hard, as she felt the shadows that started to suck her light from her making her slightly weak. "It's been formed by the Shadow Alliance." She said and stood in a small ray of sun that she had found, absorbing the light as best she could. It would take a few minutes, for her to fully recharge and hold onto that charge, but she walked out of the ray anyways to hand the key to Aketsu. "Here, see if they are still safe." she said with a smile and an eager expression.

Noe

Noe turned to look at Kaimaru and smiled at him as he said her name. He was sorry about what happened which just slightly confused her because he didn't cause it. Before she was able to respond though, Kaimaru asked her if she wanted to talk about it. It took her a moment to think about it as she focused on his face, then turned back around still not very comfortable about him being shirtless. "I guess it is just that I didn't expect this to come so soon, the first death of many. I know that we have to kill to protect others and to keep them safe...to keep our friends and for some of us, our families safe." Noe shrugged and made sure to keep her emotions locked away in her body instead of releasing them around her. "It's just as you said....doesn't mean I wasn't surprised. But I guess my tornadoes will come in handy." With a smile she turned back at Aketsu, her bright, almost white, gray eyes shining happily, but still a little bit, well, surprised.

Edited by LoveLost

Skylar

"My shoulder and leg still hurt from time to time," Sky said in reply with a small sigh before she heard what Jahan said. She only nodded in agreement to what Marc said since she also thought that the plan was a good idea. She didn't want to echo what Marc had already said so that's why she had only nodded. As she rode the horse, she looked around their surroundings and thought how peaceful and quiet everything seemed to be. She liked how things were so peaceful and quiet before a big fight.

(I'll just say Kilana is following them >.> Can't think of a long enough post for her.)

Akilana nodded at Akira and said "It's alright Akira. As Leith said, rest." With that she turned around and started to leave. She stopped as Akira said "Thanks Akilana. Are you alright though?" Akilana sighed and said "Fine... I... Just need a bit of time alone. I haven't had the chance for it yet." With that she left. She then sighed and headed for her room. When she got to it, she quietly closed the door and then plopped on her bed. She then took a deep breath, and started trying to sort through the days events, and her emotions.

(Disturb her at your own risk xd.png)

"Knowing that the actions one takes are to protect the innocent, knowing that they are the right actions, and believing that they are... are two different things Noe." Kai replied kindly.

"You have a good heart, I know I can count on you." He smiled, looking down at her and noticing her arm again. "How is that healing?" he asked. Frankly it didn't look too good, burns took a long time to heal and often left scars... he felt rather ashamed each time he saw her because he noticed the burn on her arm, probably something that would mark her the rest of her life.

Just like this mission will mark all of us, forever... he mused.

Soon it would be time to leave, there were still provisions to be made, routes to plan, Loren to find and ask about that... But right now... Kai just wanted everyone to have some time to soak in everything that had happened, to deal with it, because nothing would be more harmful to them in the days ahead as having someone who was trying to avoid dealing with the death they had all just witnessed.... because it wouldn't be the last.

Edited by Rakashua

Noe listened to Kaimaru and nodded to him to show that she was paying attention. She knew the difference, however she didn't really want to realize that difference at times because it made her feel like a monster. But Kaimaru told her that she had a good heart. The mere comment had Noe blushing a deep red even though it was hard for her to believe that she had a good heart. How could she have a good heart when her emotions were raging all of the time like any normal weather elementian?

Her mind was distracted from her thoughts when Kaimaru looked at her arm. Noe felt the need to hide it from him because she didn't want him to feel bad, even though he obviously did. "Don't feel bad about it Kai. It's a burn, that's it." She held up her hands and smiled as she looked at them. There were burn scars all across her hands from being a servant for such a long time. Although, most of them were small and fading, it didn't mean much to her to have a scar on her arm even if it would be mottled and somewhat ugly. "I have burns from being a servant and besides, the lightning would have killed me had it not been for you." she said as she smiled up at him with a winningly kind smile.

((I'll get to Jahan and Yuaki asap, but prolly not tonight. Just wanted to finish with Aketsu. Isa/Ayame can interrupt any time LL, and I can edit. I know it's a bit long...))

~Aketsu~

Aketsu followed Isa and Ayame, a million thoughts swirling through his head that summed up to one question: would his family accept him?

They came upon an unusual mound, one that made Aketsu feel unusually weak. He shuddered and stood next to Isa protectively when he felt the pull of the shadows. He almost reached for his sword but resisted the temptation and instead turned to Isa.

"It's been formed by the Shadow Alliance." He nodded and took the key when she handed it to him. "Here, see if they are still safe." Aketsu glanced at Ayame, then slowly walked closer to the mound. It almost seemed to hiss at him, but the key in his hand kept the shadows at bay. He knelt on the mound, not quite sure what to do. Finally he decided to simply set the key on the mound. However, it hadn't even fully left his hand when suddenly the mound shook and began to part. Aketsu took a step back, somewhat surprised. The mound opened a door-sized amount to reveal a dark room. Aketsu stepped forwards and peered in...

"YEEEEAH!"

Aketsu gasped and dashed back as a sharpened stick suddenly was thrust at him from inside the mound. Out dashed a young man with gray hair, glasses and dirty peasant's garb. Behind him came out two others with gray hair, one who appeared a twin to the first and the other with yellow eyes.

"Take that you shadow mongrel!" The first one yelled, swinging the stick around wildly at Aketsu. Fortunately, the second two were quick enough to realize that it wasn't the Shadow Alliance that had come for them. The one without glasses was staring at Ayame, and the other one at Isa.

"Hey!" Aketsu shouted, backing up to a tree. The first one was about to take another swing, but his brother's voice stopped him; "Ekaizu! They're not Shadow, nor Council!" It was the oldest one who spoke, staring in awe at Ayame.

"Rescue..." it was the second one with glasses who was speaking now, and his voice suddenly turned quite optimistic. "They're here to rescue us! Mother, father!" He dashed back into the dark hole. Aketsu was staring, unable to believe the sights before him. Ekaizu was staring too, staring hard at Aketsu... "You... you look familiar... are you with the Wind Council?!" Aketsu turned his eyes to Ekaizu, and there was a moment of silence. "Is... is that really you, Ekaizu?"

Now the one with yellow eyes turned to look at Aketsu, his calm eyes carefully assessing his long-lost brother. Aketsu returned the gaze. Oh, he recognized those eyes from anywhere. "Chosein?" The one called Chosein seemed quite shocked that Aketsu knew him. He squinted. "Who are--"

"-I'm Aketsu!" The words came out before Aketsu could stop them, but he didn't care; he felt like a burden of ten-thousand tons had been lifted from him. There was a long moment of silence, but Chosein immediately recognized the name. By that time the second twin was coming out of the dark room again, his voice filled with excitement as he babbled on about being rescued.

First came out of the mound the twin, then another one of Aketsu's brothers, followed by Aketsu's father, mother, another brother... and his two dear sisters. From there, everything was a blur of tears and joy.

Aketsu's mother was the first to start crying, and once she had hugged him she wouldn't let go. His sister Aneni was also hugging him and messing with his hair, but Nitaliah simply stood back and smiled--she seemed a bit confused. Aketsu's father had aged greatly since Aketsu had last seen him; his hair was thinning and he had a slight limp. Still, he got along fine and greeted his son with a handshake. Aketsu returned it with a bow and an apology.

The oldest brother, Chaix, had a deep and strong voice and gave Aketsu a warm welcome before politely going to bow to Isa and Ayame. Chosein, the yellow-eyed brother, simply stood back and smiled at all the happenings. He didn't apparently recognize Isa as royalty, for while he paid Ayame much attention he didn't hardly look at Isa. The twins Akeno and Ekaizu assisted their mother and even share slightly in the tears as memories were exchanged. Aketsu's mother could hardly believe he was alive.

Tsoun was the only one who didn't believe that Aketsu was really Aketsu. He stood back a ways, eying Aketsu cautiously and giving Ayame the occasional glance.

~There was about half an hour of talk, tears and laughter, and Aketsu introduced Isa and Ayame to everyone. All the males politely bowed to Isa and the sisters curtsied low. Their mother simply hugged Isa and gave her multiple kisses on her right hand before turning and giving Ayame a big hug. When meeting and greeting was over, Aketsu turned to Isa~

"Thank you. So much, for everything," he said. He took her hand gently and kissed her on the forehead. Tsoun turned to Ayame and gave the Gryphon a small smile. "Well everyone, I think we've spent enough time here for seven lifetimes. Shall we depart?"

Isa

Isa was taken aback by everything that was going on and was actually, for once, overwhelmed. It would take time to remember their names but that wouldn't be until they had gotten back from their travels. The siblings were each unique, even the twins and from what she could gather, all were brilliant people. They seemed to be very kind noble people unlike the stuck up people that she normally met and she felt awkward when Aketsu introduced them.

Time passed quickly and Isa even felt like Aketsu's mother was her own for a moment but quickly pushed the thought out of her mind.

When it came time to leave, Isa climbed on towards the back and watched as the rest of the siblings climbed on as well as the parents. Ayame did a wonderful takeoff that kept people from being insecure while riding him. Another half hour and they were back at the castle, safe and sound.

As they landed, Isa held her hand high in the air, releasing five bolts of light into the air which resulted in several guards coming into the courtyard. She slipped down and gave quick orders to the guards who looked surprised at the griffin's occupants. They ran inside and called the servants who came out with others to help the noble family as the king himself came out in his working clothes. "Papa!" Isa called and flipped down from the griffin and actually ran into her father's embrace. "Dad, we found them. they are all there and all of them are safe if not a little worse for wear." she said as he father walked over to them with his daughter.

"Lord and Lady Momoa," he bowed to them then stood back up. "I am King Aslano and I am terribly sorry for the trouble that has been caused by the Aero council. The perpetrators have been weeded out and Aero has been declared a hostile nation. However we have asked that any Aerioans that want to stay from the hostile city come to a new city that we are building for them." he said and then smiled. "I'm sorry. Things will have to be explained. Please the servants are willing to do anything to help you become comfortable in your recovery." He stated then looked at Isa who was distracted by her own thoughts.

Isa stayed to the side while looking at Aketsu's family. She didn't want to get in the way, but her mind couldn't help but wander to their departure this evening.

Celeste

Celeste hadn't chosen to take a horse on this journey - she needed te excersise anyway. She now had time to think, though - was she doing the right thing? Her dad had told her that this is what she had been brought for, and that she would need to be of utmost service to Jahanshah, but in her heart, her heart of hearts, it just didn't feel right. No. Don't listen to that voice. It tells you very bad things. Daddy knows best, Daddy knows best... she thought as she walked behing the entourage to Cumulus. ((Interaction, with either character? Maybe we can breathe some life back into this RP... *hopes* :3))

Edited by gistofeverything