LoveLost

Trials and Travels (Semi-lit)

Noe Amani

Noe was watching all that was going on around when she suddenly noticed a flourish of clothing out of the corner of her eye and was met with the firm, rather "perfect" body of Kaimaru. Her eyes opened wide for a moment and then she blushed a deep pink and looked down at her hands as Isa started to laugh her head off with Aketsu. Noe glared at Isa but let Aketsu do as he wished. Kaimaru wasn't used to what was normal for their land, he had only been there for a day and a half now, but at least he was comfortable. It was stifling in her long sleeved jacket that she was wearing because of her burns.

Isa

Isa laughed along with Aketsu and found herself rather bemused by what Kaimaru had done. It was odd for someone to do that in court, and from the reactions of the royals, she had to take action. "Dearest friends," she said standing up and taking a deep breath to calm any further laughter. "This young man is from the monk temple on the edge of the desert and has come here to graduate at the request of the master there. Please pay him due respect, for the old Monk was also my father's teacher at one time and is held in high regard in these halls." When the royals and nobles finally understood, a few of them chuckled while others smirked and waited for the graduation to begin...however, those of Aero were rather shocked and surprised at what happened with Aketsu, he should not have been this way.

Leith and Nerio Oran

Leith returned Akilana's small smile and was answered by a sharp nudge from his brother. " A Lady eh?" Leith glared at his brother and shook his head in a large 'no' motion. "Nerio, she's 4 years my younger...no." he said and left it at that and prayed that the king didn't choose him to do the speech....prayed and hoped, or hoped and prayed. On the other hand, Nerio was practically begging for himself to be chosen that way he could present everything in an eloquent manner that was known to him and his brother all around the castle.

King Aslano (this is going to be semi-long, please read all of it)

King Aslano placed a gentle hand on his daughter's shoulder and did his best not to continue laughing for Aketsu's laughter was rather contagious. "Thank you everyone for coming to see the graduates for this year!" he said and applauded all of them along with all of the royals and peasants. After a minute or so, he calmed them slightly and then raised his hand to silence them. "This is both a grand year, and a grave year for us all. We only have one Light Elementian, the Rainbow Child, two weather elementians, one wind elementian, two water elementians, one plant elementian, one earth elementian but no space elementians. It seems that our numbers are dwindling and I am amazed at the power that they all hold. The youngest out of all of them, Miss Akira our Plant Elementian. She has specialized in healing techniques and less offensive techniques." He motioned for Akira to come up and stand on the stage. "After her in age is Miss Akilana, a young and talented weather elementian who has served her for most of her teenage life." (he motions for everyone to come to the stage so that you know so I won't type that in)

"These two have advanced so far that they are able to graduate with the others that are older than they, and are asked to make sure that they allow their elders to fight first, and they make sure and aid them when they can. After these two, I will mention the others randomly, I just thought that they should take precedence. " He said with a smile and looked out at the others.

"There have been a few additions to our group that are going to be an asset to our team of skill Elementians. Among them is Loren, a very talented young painter who is to document the trip." He had Loren stand by Akilana "Then with him, is a requested person from the princess herself, the young Miss Yuaki, apprentice to our mastersmith and rather proficient in her trade." he said then motioned for Yuaki to stand by Loren.

"The oldest of our group, and the wisest I believe, is Kaimaru Mochizuki. He was raised by a dear friend of mine in the Vel Ordo Del Vox Pondera and is an Earth Elementian by trade. He is rather skilled in other forms of combat and is most definitely highly skilled with his ability." The king motioned graciously for Kai to come and stand next to Yuaki.

"The next is Noe Amani who had been disguised as a servant for many years before she was found to be a weather Elementian of incredible mass. For those that are Weather Elementians, you would know what I mean." he said and heard a chuckle from the Lord and Lady from Cumulus for indeed they did. Noe stood beside Kaimaru and did her best to hide the blush on her face but it was easy to see that she was slightly sweating from the heat of her jacket.

"We have the noble twins, Leith and Nerio who are water elementians. Leith, despite his calm and quiet nature, has chosen to pursue mainly an offensive approach to his abilities and has learned to control them rather quickly. Nerio on the other hand, the one who never ceases to speak, has chosen an offensive approach." The two brothers walked up and stood beside Noe with Leith "protecting" her from Nerio who was bridling with excitement. "We also have another resident noble who is from the city of Aero. He is able to control wind in various manners the most famous being his control of poisons in wind." he said and then motioned for Aketsu to stand beside Nerio.

"The last to be mentioned is my own daughter. She is no longer the girl that we have all known her to be, except for possibly the youngest of us all, King Lucius." King Lucius was 22 years of age and had been a king for three years. After hearing the jab at his age, he grimaced slightly then smiled. The smile made a few of the noble girls giggle, for, like Kaimaru, was rather handsome and well built although he was more so athletic in his build instead of stocky. "Now that we have had a good laugh, I have the ability to say that my daughter is the Rainbow Child however, I can say that the way she is today, is the responsibility of her tutors, friends, myself, and her late mother." he said and then motioned for his daughter to step forward which she did and stood close to Aketsu, brushing her hand against his.

"All of these standing here are men and women, and a few younger than that, that have been asked to complete a hard task; to rid the world of the Shadow Queen, Queen Zillah. Most of the nobles and royalty know about this, but for those that don't, the Queen intends to attack us yet again and destroy our homes and families. It is the responsibility of these people to help us since they have more control than even those that have their abilities from 50 years ago do..." he stopped and glanced at those that he had spoken to about a third path, but he dare not mention that here. "With that in mind, I present to all of you, the graduates of the Light Academy!" he said and stood back allowing the entire room to go up in a roar of cheering and clapping. Most of the town had arrived to cheer for their favorite Elementian and had wanted to see those that had been so dear to them graduate. Even the royals and nobles stood in regard to those that now had their lives in their hands.

The king then allowed everyone to exit the stifling room to go outside while he held the graduates back. Some of the heat had dissipated and only the Aero council remained but they stood far back enough so as to not hear what the King was to say. "With all of you, Ayame is going to come. I didn't want to say it in front of the others, for Ayame has some abilities that are not know to others. But you will find them out later. Kaimaru, Noe, Loren, you three spoke about a third way that you mentioned to me earlier. That is the way that I want you all to take and I am sure that Kaimaru will explain that later. However, as to who is to lead the group, I am going to ask that you all submit to Kaimaru and Aketsu for they will lead the group side by side. Beyond that, I have no say. Now, go and mingle with the others and make sure that you say farewell." he said and ((god modding!)) watched as the graduates do as they may. Beside him appeared Ayame with an almost, bird-like grace and standing. "Ayame, watch over them for me and don't be in the way!" he said and smiled as Ayame laughed at him.

Loren took his seat and watched as Kai took of his shirt, causing him to sigh and shake his head. Noe seemed to enjoy the view...then again, if he tried that in public, she wouldn't be the only one. Loren then watched as the king made his opening speech. He was surprised when the king called him up, he got very nervous but went up and stood there until the king was done with his speech. When he was done, he pulled him, Noe and Kai aside.

The king wanted them to take the third path, and he was putting Kai in charge of that. Loren merely nodded and gave a small smile, but a sense of melancholy was growing in his heart. Once they were allowed to go outside, he walked out. He walked far, away from the cheering crowd of people, and began to walk along the castle wall, to where he had parked his wind raft. He merely sat on it as he allowed the wind to hit his face. He looked towards the horizon, this was it...no turning back...

Edited by Lore_Master

Luna

Luna followed the others into the dining hall but found that her appetite had left her the moment she stepped through the doorway. She had never been one for nostalgia, but the energy of the younger students made her remember how it had all been just a year ago. How odd it was that she could bend the minds of others but never that of her own. She grabbed a plate and began to pick at her food as she silently allowed the excited thoughts of the students fill her mind. Maybe some of their excitement would rub off on her. Probably not, but it was worth a shot. Akira was certainly finding a lot of joy in the occasion, so why couldn't Luna?

Something was off. Luna could already feel it in the air; something bad was going to happen today, something that she wasn't going to be able to expect. She pushed her plate away from her as the thought finally hit her. She had come her to do her duty as an alumni, not get dragged into freaky situations. Tractus was already enough of a problem for her as it was. Now this overcast feeling was only making her feel dreadfully worse. What did this day have in store?

So, Luna. What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?

Ah. Yes. That. Luna hadn't noticed that Akira had left, but it would probably be better to get this all sorted now. "I am sorry about last night," Luna said aloud. There was no reason to use the silence of thought in here. "I didn't mean to lose my temper; I normally never do. I was completely disrespectful to you last night, and I wanted to sincerely apologize to you about that. About this whole aura thing....Listen, I don't know anything about this aura or my voice somehow managing to reach you so far away. I never even met you before yesterday. The only thing I ever knew about you was that you lived on the outskirts of the city. I rarely ever heard your voice amongst the thousands that I had to listen to every day as part of my own training, but I did know that you were strange for a Space Elementian. And this aura thing? Apparently you're the only person who can see it. I don't have the answer for that, which means the only other person who can would be you. Surely you must know something."

Kai blushed, but fortunately the reaction was hidden by his sand. His mind was racing as the king began to speak. So I can't leave my robe off... but if I leave it on my sand will start to run... and if that happens it will be more embarrassing than leaving my shirt off... but I CAN'T leave my shirt off...

A solution hit him suddenly as he remembered his conversation with Loren and Noe [/i]of course! there is always a third path![/i]

Kai smiled and just as the king began to speak about him he closed his eyes and concentrated. In a moment the grains of sand had rearranged themselves on him to make it appear as if he were wearing a robe of varying shades of brown. In this way the sand still covered his scars, and he still wore no shirt, but it looked like he was wearing one, even though he had to stretch the sand pretty thin to pull it off. And of course if anyone touched it they'd realize it was hard as rock, but it seemed like a good compromise to him.

Kai waited until the King was done speaking, slightly overwhelmed with the idea of being a leader among the group, though Master Tsume had warned him that because of his age something like this might happen. Even so it was good that Aketsu was there as well, the others didn't know him well and couldn't be expected to trust him with their lives, not yet at least. Aketsu on the other hand was well known to them, he would fullfil that role.

Kai turned to him as the king dismissed them and they began to disperse into the crowd.

"Aketsu, you strike me as someone with a natural talent for leadership, you're headstrong, smart, and you care about others." Kai paused for a moment before continuing. "The others know you and they will trust you."

Kai smiled. "I still have to prove myself to everyone, but as co-leader, I'll deal with what you lack, which, from what I've seen though I may judge incorrectly, is training in diplomacy and philosophy." Kai continued. "As an Earth Elementarian I am technically neutral though I've obviously taken a side. My kind have remained neutral because of the great use there is for us as diplomats and intermediaries between the two sides in the war. I have certain gifts that help me know if someone is lying and other things about them just by being near them. For example, you have something against the Aero council, or someone on it. Every time you looked at them your blood-pressure and heart rate increased, the same happened when Isa let her hand pass over yours, but for different reasons obviously."

"We need to get together and talk about our skills, I'd like you to call a meeting before we leave. I need to know what everyone can do so I can consider a good strategy, that's also something I'm good at." Kai nods to him. "Is there anything you need from me?"

Edited by Rakashua

Noe Amani

Noe was surprised at the sudden end and stood back away from the others since Isa was there standing right beside Aketsu and wathced Loren walk out. He would need time alone, but her name had been changed from her given name, which she never knew, and given the last name of the old lady that had taken her in. Her family didn't know her, but she knew them. While generally behind Aketsu and Kai, Noe watched the doors her back turned to them. There were two other children that stood with her parents. One was a few years younger than she was and the other was still a baby in her mothers' arms. Noe found herself rather choked up at the sight and wondered what it would have been like to live in the lower noble family for a longer time...what would have happened. She felt a small tear on her hand and thought it to be rain, but no, it truly was a tear and she walked away from the group slowly so that her feet wouldn't make a sound and made sure to turn around a corner before she took off her jacket. Her arm still stung with the heat from the burn and it wouldn't leave her alone, it just burned and burned and burned. "Dang it!" she said quietly and looked out over the field where the festivities were taking place.

Akira had to supress blushing as she was called up. Why did everyone say SHE did the healing. It was the plants. Her parents seemed to be sad that she had to leave, but Akira wasn't going to ignore the king, and her parents knew that. Of course she HAD to be one of the first to be called up. She stood near the beginning of the line, and waited. When the king was done, she almost sighed with relief and quickly slipped away. She saw Noe leaving, and wondered where she was going. Making sure her parents hadn't tried to catch up with her, Akira quickly ran after Noe. She stopped when she saw the burn and said "It still hasn't healed much? Should I get some more Aloe Vera and Lavender?" There was a look of worry on her face.

--

Akilana groaned internally as the king called her up. Great, now she WOULD be noticed. She walked up there and stood there, face blank. She couldn't even try to show any emotion, for fear her mask might break again. She had actually been nervous to give that small smile to Leith. When the speech was finally over, she internally sighed with relief. She then tried to sneak off away from the crowd.

(She didn't actually go anywhere yet, as the point of tried, someone can see her and try talking to her if they like xd.pngwink.gif )

((Ugh! Sorry baddies, I'll get to Jahan tomorrow! It's bed time for now~))

Aketsu

When spoken to, Aketsu went up to stand next to Nerio. He was actually quite amused by Kai's cover-up, but said nothing. Barefoot and without his green scarf for the first time in years, Aketsu felt free. He had left the scarf up by his seat next to the nobles of Aero; he couldn't even remember from where or when he had obtained the scarf.

Aketsu smiled when Isa was introduced as the Rainbow Child. She truly was one of the last remaining powerful Light Elementians, and just for a moment--yes, for the shortest moment--Aketsu wondered what kind of powers light and wind would get when mixed together. As Isa's hand touched his, he had to work to keep from gently taking her hand in his.

"All of these standing here are men and women, and a few younger than that, that have been asked to complete a hard task; to rid the world of the Shadow Queen, Queen Zillah."

Aketsu's smile faded at the thought. A bunch of fresh graduates, sent against the most powerful Shadow wielder ever known... hmph. This will be interesting! All at once a boom of cheering erupted from the crowd, and they even stood in honor of the graduates. Aketsu got a distant look as he thought about the future. Would there be cheering when the graduates returned? How many would return? For the first time ever, Aketsu realized that very likely, someone was going to die on this journey, if not several someones. His fingers gently brushed Isa's hand.

Finally the graduation room was cleared, though Aero remained in the back. "With all of you, Ayame is going to come. I didn't want to say it in front of the others, for Ayame has some abilities that are not know to others. But you will find them out later." Aketsu raised a brow but nodded, rather glad to have a more experienced adult with the team.

"However, as to who is to lead the group, I am going to ask that you all submit to Kaimaru and Aketsu for they will lead the group side by side. Beyond that, I have no say. Now, go and mingle with the others and make sure that you say farewell." Aketsu was quite surprised at this, but he nodded firmly. He enjoyed leading now, and wondered who would have been selected to lead if Aketsu hadn't changed. Aketsu turned and smiled to speak to Isa, but then Kai approached and Aketsu realized that he wished to speak. He stepped forward, but didn't turn away from Isa.

"Aketsu, you strike me as someone with a natural talent for leadership, you're headstrong, smart, and you care about others." Aketsu blinked and smiled at the complements. "The others know you and they will trust you." "Why, thank you Kai," he said pleasantly. He was pleased to see Kai return a smile.

"I still have to prove myself to everyone, but as co-leader, I'll deal with what you lack, which, from what I've seen though I may judge incorrectly, is training in diplomacy and philosophy." Aketsu smiled. I don't lack that, Kai, I choose to ignore it. I suppose I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to philosophy, but I very well know how to be a diplomat. Still, I'll accept what you said; I choose not to be a diplomat, and therefore it is my weakness.

"I have certain gifts that help me know if someone is lying and other things about them just by being near them. For example, you have something against the Aero council, or someone on it. Every time you looked at them your blood-pressure and heart rate increased, the same happened when Isa let her hand pass over yours, but for different reasons obviously."

Aketsu swallowed and gave a quick nod. Isa was right there, listening, and Kai was totally oblivious to what he was saying. Had it just been the two lads, Aketsu would have covered Kai's mouth by then. He wasn't ready to face it, wasn't ready to admit how he felt about Aero... and it was a bit embarrassing that Kai felt the need to mention Isa.

"We need to get together and talk about our skills, I'd like you to call a meeting before we leave. I need to know what everyone can do so I can consider a good strategy, that's also something I'm good at. Is there anything you need from me?"

Aketsu nodded in thought. A meeting was a good idea. "Strategy... it's a bit early to be speaking of strategy against the queen herself, but it would be good if we all got to know each other's skills and learned to work together. We could see who is best covering who. I know the Leith and Nerio are excellent when teamed together, but the rest of us haven't really... paired up, I suppose. As for what I need from you, nothing right now. Actually, you could tell our journalist Loren that he should prepare a quick profile list for everyone so we can keep track of how we learn and develop our abilities, and make sure he records everything that's happened today."

Aketsu nodded, satisfied with his planning, but then remembered Isa was there ((assuming she still is)) and turned to her. "What do you think, Isa?" He couldn't help remember Kai's mentioning of his elevated heart rate, and he shifted slightly in embarrassment but kept a certain face.

~~~~~~~~~

~Yuaki~

((Yuaki shall interact with Akilana ^^))

..."Then with him, is a requested person from the princess herself, the young Miss Yuaki, apprentice to our mastersmith and rather proficient in her trade." Yuaki was startled to hear her name, for she hadn't been listening to the King and had simply been watching (that is, judging and comparing) the various royalty. It took a gentle push from the weapon master to get Yuaki to go up front, and she quickly skipped forward and stood next to Loren, giving him a cheerful smile as she did so.

"All of these standing here are men and women, and a few younger than that, that have been asked to complete a hard task; to rid the world of the Shadow Queen, Queen Zillah. Most of the nobles and royalty know about this, but for those that don't, the Queen intends to attack us yet again and destroy our homes and families." Yuaki's face darkened and she lowered her head a bit. They sure are good at finding out information here... I bet Mr. Ayame came in handy for that! I wonder if the Shadow Queen wanted her plan discovered... Yuaki shuddered at the thought of the power the queen had. Yuaki had only met the woman once, and even her own little shadows had seemed 'attracted' to the queen.

Finally the ceremony was over and most everyone left. The king announced that Ayame was joining the group--oh, goody, at least we won't have clothing problems--and everyone began to disperse. Slightly bored and purposely ignoring Kai, Aketsu and Isa, Yuaki turned to find someone interesting to talk to. It didn't take her long to spot the shy servant Akilana. Oh, I didn't know she was going with. Ha! This'll be interesting, two Weather Elementians who can't control their weather... I wonder if all their people are so uncontrolled? Actually, Aki here doesn't use her powers very often. I haven't even really talked to her. I guess if we're going to work together I may as well get to know her!

She had to smile as she noticed how Akilana was trying not to draw attention to herself. Honestly, Yuaki hadn't payed much attention to Akilana and didn't know how emotionless the girl tried to be. To Yuaki, she was just shy.

"Hey! Hey, Aki! Yeah you, Akilana! Hi!" Yuaki pushed through dispersing crowds and skipped up to Akilana, joining at her right. Yuaki's hands were behind her back and she was smiling brightly, her blue hair pulled back in a loose ponytail. "I didn't know you were going with the graduates. Congratulations! Boy am I ever excited! It's gonna be a blast kickin' some shadow butt, eh?"

Edited by LadyNatasha

Akilana had to suppress a jump as the girl that seemed to be friends with Isa, Yuaki if she remembered correctly, suddenly appeared behind her noisily. Akilana sighed internally and turned around to look at the girl. Her face and eyes blank of emotion still she said in her 'usual' monotonous voice "Hello, I guess it's exciting. I guess it could be fun to 'kickin' some shadow butt'." She blinked and thought internally 'why! Why did I get noticed! I just wanted some more alone time to at least TRY to sort out my thoughts!' Of course nothing showed on the outside of her inside thoughts.

(She's at least talking xd.png I am planning on her getting better at socializing, but for now, it'll be more or less the same as before xd.png)

Tractus

"I didn't mean to lose my temper; I normally never do. I was completely disrespectful to you last night, and I wanted to sincerely apologize to you about that. About this whole aura thing....Listen, I don't know anything about this aura or my voice somehow managing to reach you so far away. I never even met you before yesterday. The only thing I ever knew about you was that you lived on the outskirts of the city. I rarely ever heard your voice amongst the thousands that I had to listen to every day as part of my own training, but I did know that you were strange for a Space Elementian. And this aura thing? Apparently you're the only person who can see it. I don't have the answer for that, which means the only other person who can would be you. Surely you must know something."

"It's perfectly fine, Luna. I would be kind of freaked out if some random person came up to me and started spilling out their soul to me, too!" He threw his head back and laughed, but not for long. "The aura, though. It perplexes me. I'm not quite sure as to how I can see this. The only explanation that I can think of is that it is a Astral Projection. Not many Space Elementians can perform this feat. You have remarkable powers, Luna. Better than mine, I should say. I can tell." He finished, but he heard some hubbub in the distance. Graduation! he thought. "Hmmm. It seems that they're done with the ceremony. Shall we go?"

((Do we need to regroup with everyone else? Or can we finish?))

Loren didn't know how much time had passed. Had it been a hour since he had sat down, or had it been merely ten minutes. It did not matter, because by tomorrow morning, he will have to tell everyone...could he ever go back to just being Loren the Painter? Eventually, he noticed that a couple of kids had found him. All were girls, around the ages of 10 to 12. "Mr. Painter...could you draw something for us before you go?" Asked the tallest one, before they gave a puppy dog look and added "please?"

Loren chuckle softly and pulled out his drawing book. "Would it be alright if I just drew the three of you?" He asked, causing they eyes to widen slightly, nodding with encouragement. "Okay, makes yourselves comfy, this will take awhile" He added, this time with a softer voice. He wasn't used to telling people what to do, and he was a bit nervous. He began to draw the three girls, making sure he penciled in their face and hair right. After half an hour, he was almost done. "Are you three best friends?" He asked, when the three of them nodded, he added "Best Friends Forever" at the top. Once he was done, he added his signature "Loren the Wandering Artist." He paused briefly, then with a small smile he added one more thing before ripping the page from its bindings and handed it to the girls.

"Keep that in good condition...it'll be worth a lot to you someday..." He said with a smile as he walked away from them, raft in toll.

The girls looked at the picture, not noticing the new thing he added to his signature. "And Wind Elementian" It said, there was no turning back for Loren, it was time for him to accept both the things he wanted...and the things he is.

Kai nodded and turned to leave Aketsu in search of Loren. After taking an hour to try and find him amongst the rest of the crowd.... and being approached by half the nobles and having short conversations... he eventually found Loren and his wind raft on their way back to the group.

"Loren!" Kai called out with a smile, today was a good day to smile after all, the next few days would prove to be challenging and maybe painful, one should smile while one could.

Finally away from the rest of the nobility, Kai let his concentration go and his sand dropped back into the natural for of his body as he approached Loren.

"Glad you're coming with us." He greeted him. "Aketsu wanted me to ask if you could make profiles for each of the people traveling with us. Like a journal of all the skills we learn, all the ones we already know, and the various events that take place having to do with us. You know, something that will help us determine who to pair with who during the trip."

Isa

Isa looked at Aketsu as he spoke. He seemed so confident and being around him like that, made her blush. She listened intently though as they spoke together about what was going on and her father was right in appointing the two of them. They were very different and would be able to counteract each other and support each other where they failed. Isa smiled as Ayame walked over and listened in on the conversation that they were having and was glad that they were already getting along well and he looked at Isa who glanced at the man that she had always found entertaining, however he was almost always with Noe...

Isa's attention was jerked back to Aketsu and Kai when Aketsu asked her what she thought. "It seems like a good idea, but we will have to start traveling as soon as we can. It'll take at least three weeks to get to Whisper on horseback..." she said and paused as Ayame placed his hand on her shoulder. ((Totally editing Ayame. He is a Space Elementian, but of an odd sort. I will post more about him, but just go with the flow about him for a moment.))

"That is where I come in dear Princess, so do not worry about it taking that long. As to fighting with each other, I would say that you should separate out and battle against a few dummy's before we go. Akira is more of a healer so she shouldn't really battle but the rest of you should. Aketsu and Isa, you would probably be best together because of the way that your abilities are. Aketsu, yours tends to be more offensive at times, and then Isa's is more direct...and singeing (sp?). Kai, you and Yuaki as well as Noe and Loren, the four of you, would do well because you can easily cover each other as well as have a smoothed out flow to your fighting. Leith and Nerio can go with Akilana.....but you will all have to work together in the end."

"Like that wasn't a lecture." Isa commented but took what he said to heart. "Ayame, what do you mean that you can take care of travel?" she asked him and he smiled once more and disappeared. "Ayame?!" she said and then remembered that he was a space Elementian. "Well, we still need profiles and we still need to test this out, anyways, Aketsu, I wanted to ask you a question." she said after kaimaru had left to go and get Loren. "What happened after i yelled at you today? You changed, in a good way...you just changed..." she said and then watched as the Aero council turned slightly towards them. The king was still in the room, but he had gone back to the stage and was sitting down for a little bit. "Aketsu, I don't have a good feeling..." she said as she looked at the Aero council again and noticed a small talisman the hands of Lyd. "What are you doing?" she asked them and then watched in horror as Trig and Lyd merely smiled and faced them with Victor and Marcy behind them looking rather frightened for once. Isa's hands lit up quicly with two orbs of light that quickly flowed into two sharp looking light swords that she held as she glared at the Aero council....what were they going to do?

Noe Amani

Noe jumped when she heard akira and then smiled at the younger girl and shook her head. "no Akira, I'm fine. it just takes a bit for it to heal and the only reason that it burns, is becuase of the heat and the jacket that I was wearing. So how do you like being called the healer of the group?" she asked her since she had noticed that she had had some problems with that earlier.

"Loren!"

He heard his name being called, just as he was about to emerge into the crowd. Turns out it was Kai that was calling him, and he had a smile on his face. It hit him slightly, Kai was going to be the leader of the group, and he must have felt a bit nervous. For his sake, he gave a small smile as well.

"Glad you're coming with us. Aketsu wanted me to ask if you could make profiles for each of the people traveling with us. Like a journal of all the skills we learn, all the ones we already know, and the various events that take place having to do with us. You know, something that will help us determine who to pair with who during the trip."

Loren nodded, he had forgotten about Aketsu, and how he also was made a leader as well. "Sure, I can get started on that once we make our first camp tonight" He added before he noticed that several people approached him...or rather, the raft he was tolling. Most of them were younger students, but even a few of the nobles were curious. "Its a wind raft, an old creation when wind elementians were in more numerous numbers. If you want, you can get on it." Said Loren, using his soft, slightly nervous voice. They took him up on his offer, and got on. Some gave a small cry of surprise as it bobbed and weaved under the added weight. "What about you Kai, wanna get on?" Asked Loren, this time grinning at him, he was joking.

Edited by Lore_Master

Akira blinked and blushed a little and said "I.. don't know... it's really the plants that do the healing, it makes me feel bad for them, that they don't get any of the credit." She then smiled and said "Well I hope it feels better soon. If you need any help let me know!" Akira was at least happy she could go with the others. Even if she found her labeling was wrong.

Kai smiled and quickly shook his head. "Once was quite enough, I've been sent to seek balance and I'm afraid I can't quite manage that on your craft." He waved farewell to Loren and watched as the excited kids piled onto the wind raft.

Oh to be young and naive again

Ah keep your chin up, you're fighting to make sure others get the chance to be just that.

Indeed.

With that said, Kai moved back to the group, seeking out Noe amongst the crowd and going through the same sets of "hello"s and "say I've never met a monk before" s before he finally came across her and Akira, apparently the healer.

"Noe, how are you? How are you healing." He greeted and then turned to Akira. "And it's nice to meet you... again. I didn't know you were a healer. What a wonderful gift. I envy the ability to heal far above the ability to cause harm, you are truly blessed." And Kai gave her a slight bow of respect, for what he said was surely true.

"Aketsu is going to gather us up after the meeting, in order to get to know one another better for strangers such as myself and so that we can familiarize ourselves with who works best with whom." He smiled, "but for now enjoy being celebrities... I think I'm going to go hide from everyone before I have to explain what a monk is for the hundredth time..."

He didn't move away to hide... but he was definitely considering turning the joke into reality.

~Jahanshah~

They were off, and were approaching the castle-yard gates. Jahan was pleased that Aamina took up a position right next to him, and boy was he ever excited to get going. A new, refreshing sort of energy had taken over him and for a moment he felt like a hero leading an army. "I am sorry my Lord for my actions."

"Apology accepted. I only want you to save your anger for when it counts. Now..." Jahan smiled. As the gate came in sight, it was easy to see that there were four guards waiting there, holding the reins of seven horses in all. The horses danced nervously a bit when Betzalel and the others approached, but they quickly calmed down. A guard stepped forward and bowed. "The horses you requested, my lord," he said to Jahan. "Finest beasts for speed and strength. Not all that intelligent, but definitely the best balanced between speed and strength you'll ever find. They may be a bit nervous right now, but they'll settle quickly."

Jahan nodded. "Thank you," he said quietly. He then turned to the group behind him. "These horses are descendants of horses bred by Earth Elementians. They were raised to be used to shadows, fire and ice, but they do not look like the Shadow-type horses and therefore will be less recognizable by any enemies we may meet. Unfortunately they are not as intelligent as our horses, but they are supposedly slightly faster and quite a bit stronger. Please, choose one for yourself if you wish to ride."

Jahan paused for a moment, then turned to Betzalel. "I wasn't sure if you wanted to ride. I guess it would be best if you didn't fly around as a giant black dragon..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Yuaki@

"Hello, I guess it's exciting. I guess it could be fun to 'kickin' some shadow butt'."

Yuaki nodded, though she didn't seem to be closely listening to Akilana. "Hey, by the way, you don't mind me calling you Aki do you? I mean, you can call me Yu-yu or... hey! I just realized the first three letters of your name are the last three letters of mine! That is SO cool, we could both go by the nickname Aki! But if you'd like I can call you Lana instead, but then I might get stuck calling you Luna 'cause that was the name of one of last year's graduates... by the way, you look really nice in that dress." Yuaki smiled cheerfully to Akilana, hands behind her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aketsu

Aketsu nodded gratefully to Kai, rather glad that Kai was also a leader. Aketsu didn't know Kai very well, but he liked what he did know. Kai seemed honest though secretive, but Aketsu didn't even suspect he might be some sort of spy... especially not if King Aslano trusted him so. Aketsu felt proud of his plans as Ayame walked over and listened, and he was glad that Ayame would be accompanying them. Aketsu listened intently as Isa answered his question.

"It seems like a good idea, but we will have to start traveling as soon as we can. It'll take at least three weeks to get to Whisper on horseback..."

Aketsu was about to agree, but then Ayame spoke up about their plans and final preparations they should make... and then who they should all team up with.

"Aketsu and Isa, you would probably be best together because of the way that your abilities are. Aketsu, yours tends to be more offensive at times, and then Isa's is more direct...and singeing." Aketsu nodded; his was more of an offense than a defense, but it wasn't a 'blast-your-head-off' type of power and often worked more slowly than was needed for quick battle situations. After all, poison could only work so well, and some beings had resistance to poison. Isa's light, on the other hand, was fast and immediate.

"Kai, you and Yuaki as well as Noe and Loren, the four of you, would do well because you can easily cover each other as well as have a smoothed out flow to your fighting. Leith and Nerio can go with Akilana.....but you will all have to work together in the end." Aketsu nodded in agreement. Yuaki was a good swordswoman who could cover all short range combat with fair ease. She was in good shape and would be able to dodge many blows, but there were still the extremely quick blows that could be a danger to her... and that was where Kai came in. His superb control of sand as armor, defense and offense made him the perfect match for Yuaki... but if something was to go wrong, Noe's weather could be a great distraction if not extremely useful. As for Loren... that part confused Aketsu. Wasn't Loren just a painter?

"Ayame, what do you mean that you can take care of travel?" Instead of answering, Ayame simply disappeared. Aketsu matched Isa's surprise; he knew now that Ayame was a space elementian, but he hadn't expected him to be able to just... well, disappear. Did he actually leave or was he invisible and waiting?

"Well, we still need profiles and we still need to test this out, anyways, Aketsu, I wanted to ask you a question." Aketsu turned to Isa and already had a feeling he knew what she was going to ask. "What happened after I yelled at you today? You changed, in a good way...you just changed..." Aketsu swallowed. He wanted to tell her, he really did. I must. I must be honest with her! "Isa, I..." he stopped as he noticed that Isa's attention had shifted. An unnatural breeze blew by and Aketsu almost gasped. Aero council was looking at them. The look in their eyes... Aketsu could barely breathe. He felt some fear began to grow inside of him, something he recognized from long ago... a fear he hadn't felt in years. "Isa..."

"Aketsu, I don't have a good feeling..." Aketsu swallowed and took a breath, not sure what to do. Suddenly he noticed an unusual talisman in the lands of Lyd. He turned with shock to face Aero council directly, a look of fear in his eyes. Wh-what is that? Where did he get that? Did he... "What are you doing?"

Aero didn't respond to Isa's question. They showed none of their typical respect, nor did they show any sign of innocence. Trig and Lyd... they were smiling. Victor and Marcy looked oddly frightened. Something was wrong, very wrong. Aketsu took up an open-hand fighting stance at the same time Isa formed light swords in both hands. Seeing Isa feel that threatened sparked something in Aketsu, and all at once his fear was gone.

"Lyd, you coward," he hissed. His voice was filled with rage. Yes, this was the moment he had been waiting for. His left hand temporarily disappeared into his robe, and he mentally punched himself for not bringing any of his deadly poisons to graduation. Some he had forgotten, while others he had deemed too dangerous. As it was, he didn't have any deadly ones, but he did have some... his hand came out seemingly empty, but his fist was clenched.

Aketsu glanced at Isa. His voice was dark and barely controlled. "Isa, you should leave," he said quickly, knowing very well she probably wouldn't. Then he spoke louder, glaring at Trig and Lyd. "You monsters... Why did you do it?! What did you think you could possibly accomplish? Was it because I was too powerful for you? Where's my family?!" He probably sounded a bit crazy to Isa, but he was just about ready to lose it and kill every member of Aero. He had never killed before, but now he felt nothing but rage. The wind was swirling around the area fast and loud, blowing leaves around and causing a pot of flowers to fall to the ground. The only place that wasn't affected was the place where Isa and Aketsu were standing.

Edited by LadyNatasha

Akilana tried her best to smile without losing control, a rather odd one appearing that was a bit creepy in its way. Akilana decided she'd at least TRY to be friendly, like Leith said it was a different world. She then said in a half pushed cheery voice "Aki or Lana is fine... Yu-yu... And thank you" you could actually tell she was TRYING to be nice, but wasn't use to it. Not to mention she couldn't let out any true emotions for fear of losing control before she was all sorted out.

(O.o She's actually trying!)

--

Kilana nodded to lord Jahan, then quickly chose a horse. She sighed a little. Horse riding was not one of her favorite things. She preferred to just run, but that wasn't a very good option right now. She quickly got up onto the horse, only to have it shake a bit. Kilana sighed and said "They will calm down, right? They really will? Also, I do hope they don't have a problem with LIGHTNING elementians."

((gonna take this a step at a time!))

Noe amani

Noe smiled at the kind words from Akira and nodded in response to what the young girl had said to her. But when Kai said that he felt something go wrong, Noe couldn't help but agree as she felt a sort of pressure on her mind and being as she turned towards him as he spoke. Something was up and he told her to stay there....like she was going to do that? Noe walked behind him and came upon a terrifying scene. Isa had her light swords out and Aketsu also seemed to be ready to kill. When she looked at the aero council she noticed that they had a talisman and it was glowing brighter and brighter. She couldn't do much other than make it rain in the room, but if she had too, she would fight to the death to help her friends.

Marcus Tiron

Marcus smiled at his beloved and when she held his hand he squeezed it gently before choosing a horse that actually looked red like the sands in th middle of the desert. After letting the horse smell him and his breath, he hopped on quickly which caused the horse to buck for a moment, before he made the horse spin around in quick circles until it misstepped. he then let the horse stop, and it was calm yet again. "Ready my lord."

Aamina

Aamina looked at the horses and went completely pale. She was being asked to ride horses and she had never agreed to that. They were away from the ground and she had nothing to hold onto other than a pair of flimsy leather. Her mouth was dry as she chose a shorter pony sized horse that one of the guards was holding. He helped her mount and raised an eyebrow when her trembling hand reached for the reins. I can do this, I can do this! she thought to herself then noticed the guard talking to her about the pony. "Now this one is a little bit wild when it comes to new riders, so take your time and get to know him." he said which didn't help Aamina's clamy hands at all.

Aero Council

Marcy moved sadly into the front of the group as Victor stood a foot behind her face a mix of misery and anger. Marcy held her hands out as a tear rolled down her face and she slowly compacted a ball of air around them and then slowly compressed the air around Aketsu, slowing down the air as best she could, but it seemed that his abilities had grown far more than she had expected, and the air ball was quickly released as she looked on in fear at Trig e as he threw her to the ground . "You useless wench! As if you could ever beat a noble, you scum off the street!" Victor tried to step in but he was met with the jeering face of Lyd as he held his sister up by her hair and tilted his head to the side. Just the sight caused Victor to step back and watch as Trig laughed in all of their faces. "you think you scare me you little brat? Ha! There are two Air Elementians that will do my every whim! And your family? let's just say that they won't be seeing your for a while." he said and a dark glint entered his eyes. "You are the last free member of your family." he said then nodded at Lyd who held the talisman in his palm and watched as it started to glow brighter and brighter. "Too powerful? yes. Aketsu, you seem to be more powerful than you last were and we had to stop that from becoming too powerful or we would have been found out."

King Aslano

of course the king had been watching what was going on and decided to stand beside Noe and kaimaru as they walked in. He listened intently and when he looked at the talisman, fear struck the heart of the good king. The talisman was something that he had seen used by the Queen herself when she was overwhelemed by several enemies. This insignificant rock was imbued with the dark powers of the desert land across the ocean from them. It had the ability to strip powers away from someone as well as erase their memory. The radius that it had was over a mile which meant that any elementians here would lose their powers and their memory. The king looked at his daughter and hoped that there was some sort of telepath and was shocked when he felt Ayame's mind enter his own and read the situation.

Ayame

Ayame looked around from his perch where no one would see him and was waiting for the oportune moment. He read the king's mind and contacted Aketsu, Kaimaru, Isa and Noe and told them the abilities of the stone. They had to stop it from reaching it's full power and keep themselves alive. He then forecfully entered the minds of the Aero council and felt a dark presence. Behind the council, there could be heard an alarmed screech of an ancient animal, older than legends themself. From the banisters came Ayame, who was in fact an ancient creature much like the animal men of the desert lands across the ocean, but he was from beyond the maps to the left hand side where it was thought that water stretched on for thousands of miles. He landed with a thud and looked at the aero council only to watch as Lyd released Marcy and handed her to Victor who took his sister and then stood over her and created a force that was just as great as Aketsu's.

Isa

Once isa recieved the information from Ayame and then was finished gawking at what was going on, she decided to try something since they were backed up with a massive griffin. She made it appear as if there were several of her and Aketsu and watched outside from where she stood as Noe, and the king did their best to hang on to whatever they could to keep from blowing away. If aketsu was knocked out, then they would have backup, but for now, it was up to her and Aketsu to stop these traitors. She heard Ayame say something to all of them and realized that the Aero council had commited treachery and joined the Shadow Queen, Zillah. Her swords glowed brighter but she couldn't do anything until she saw Victor turn to the two of them and director his hands at her specifically. In seconds he had developed heavily pressured air that could cut through metal and sent it in her direction. She dodged in time but knew that if he attacked agian, she would have trouble this time. He attacked....

((sorry about no colors everyone! I'm on campus and it really makes me mad...))

((also, Ayame, whose real name is unspeakable, looks like this http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=griffin&or...set=72#/d1jg95p ))

Edited by LoveLost

~Loren~

Loren was enjoying his time with the group of children, and even some of the nobles. He managed to catch a breeze and moved the raft once around the castle walls. "I say, this is the most fun I had in years" Said one of the nobles with a stiff laugh. The children were more easily to please, laughing as the raft bobbled and weaved. Once the raft stopped in front of the castle, a larger crowd gathered, all wanting to ride the "Ancient Wind Elementian Raft" But just then, a servant ran outside, panting loudly. "M-master Loren...Aero...Council...Attacking...Isa!" She breathed heavily, but everyone heard her message, but Loren heard it the loudest.

"The Aero Council...they committed treason!" He thought with a grave voice. All this time, he thought that the council would have made him into a tool, had he stayed on Aero...It almost seemed like he was right. With a giant gulp in his voice, Loren got off the raft and walked towards the meeting hall. "M-Master Loren, its too dangerous for you!" Gasped the servant, she was there when he was introduced only as a master painter. A nervous sweat was on his face, but he turned around and tried to talk. "B-b-but I-I-I the P-p-p" He stammered, his nervousness getting to him.

"Loren, there comes a time where we all have to pick the left or right path at the crossroads. When that time comes, grow a freakin pair and pick one..." Loren thought, remember another one of his chats with his grandma. Loren sighed before smiling softly, she was a tough and brutal person, but honest and caring. "I know that, but Isa needs all the Elementians she can get, Even Me!" Said Loren in a booming voice, in the back of his mind, he was cursing at the fact he revealed himself to everyone that was important. He didn't bother to study their reactions, he just ran into the castle, trying to find the council.

Sure enough, he found the council...and the king, even Isa, Noe and Kai. It looked like a battle was going on, even some sort of weird animal was taking part in the fight. The feeling of nervousness filled his entire body, his legs were shaking. But, he took a deepbreath and focused the wind to wrap around his body, creating a barrier...Wind's Love. As he concentrated, he focused more of the wind, made it so sharp it took the form of a blade. He recognized the man with the object in his hand...Lyd.

"Council!" He called as he stepped out of the shadows, his clothes flapping around from Wind's Love, and the blade of wind, ready to slice anything it comes into contact with. "I...I don't want to fight you, but if won't stop fighting...I'll have to hurt you!" Loren Said, the nervousness was in his voice, but it was too late for him...he had chosen his path at the crossroad.

Edited by Lore_Master

(don't leave Akira and even Akilana out laugh.gif )

Akira saw Noe and Kai run off, and quickly followed before even answering. What she saw terrified her. Something told her to try and bind the man with the odd tailismen. Akira took a deep breath, and tried her best to make vines grow up and around the man's arms. Some slowly started to come up, but it was slow because the wind was battering them. Akira knew it would be hard for her to keep it up for long.

---

Akilana was waiting for a reply, when she felt something odd. She tried to fake another smile and said "Sorry.. yu-yu... i gotta go..." With that she quickly ran off towards the direction of the odd feeling. When she got there she saw the Aero council with an odd tailismen, Isa ready to fight, Akira trying to bind the lead guy, Noe ready to fight, Aketsu fighting, and Loren ready to fight. Akilana took a deep breath then hissed something that would surprise many, "I won't let you hurt my friends!" With that, her walls crumbled, and for once it was just one emotion, anger, anger at the Aero people for betraying the light kingdom, anger for them trying to hurt her friends. Rain started beating down on the room. So hard you could now see the wind currents from where the rain was flying around awkwardly. Then lightning started to randomly strike around the Aero council. The storm was contained enough to avoid Akilana and her friends. She also made sure to cause no tornadoes, that would do much more harm than good.

Kai was glad he had cemented his feet into the ground as a second gale-like wind tore through the surrounding area, this time from one of the Areo council members, and then anther from Loren! The three wind manipulators being in such close proximity was creating an incredibly powerful gale, but it was confused, going this way and that as each side controlled part of it and the rest tried to follow the laws of physics... like trying to hold two negative ends of two magnets together.

Kai recognized the talisman in the man's hand, Master Tsume had taught him about talismans, the old monk even had one. They were dangerous in the right hands... in the wrong hands the outcome could only be catastrophic.

Kai sank into the floor, to escape the wind, slowly down to his knees. This situation needed to be resolved... none of them was safe while that lunatic had that item! He was obviously prepared to use it... his own life energy had already entered it, allowing him to begin the triggering process, hence the glow. There wasn't much time... seconds at best... and how many?

Sand was useless in the wind... stone was too slow... that left... only one thing. Suddenly Akilana ran in and created a storm, and that... was the final element that tipped Kai's choice.

well... he mused regrettably to himself, at least I won't be awake to answer questions....

Reaching out both hands towards the Aero man with the talisman. The lightning from Akilana's storm was immediately attracted to his hands and struck him all at once, taking all the negative charge out of the storm and reducing it to simple rain.

"Kaitsu!" It was a single word, in the Earth tongue it meant "release," but it had nothing to do with the lightning Kai had just received and now discharged all at once straight at the talisman toting Aero councilor. Kai wasn't sure if it would kill him or not, or what effect the talisman might have... but he wasn't leaving anything to chance, in a very literal sense.

Kaitsu was an ability in the repertoire of a lightning elementian that was very fast, nearly unavoidable, and very deadly, but it came at a huge cost. Normally electricity in the body of a user was kept, by sheer will power, at the very skin, that way the electrical current didn't interfere with the user's own nervous system. If this wasn't maintained the user would be "electrocuted" by any electricity he/she had stored up. Fortunately lightning elementarian physiology was well adapted to make this easier, but it was still no small feat. This protected the user from his/her own energy, but also was the reason that lightning attacks did not travel at the same speed as actual lightning bolts. They were not instant or as strong.

The Pure Release Technique, "Kaitsu", did away with confining the electricity in the user's body and instead merged that electricity with the nervous system for a split second and then redirected it out of the body. It was the opposite of "Oudekaitsu", which Kai had used earlier to absorb and deflect the lightning bolt that had nearly hit Noe. All of the energy was directed at the Aero councilor as fast as light bouncing off a mirror, but the price of the move kicked in just as fast and Kai went limp, still halfway buried in the stone floor. This was due to the reason this move, though deadly, was hardly used... it indiscriminately released electrical energy from the body, including the body's usual nervous system electricity, simultaneously shutting down the nervous system in an instant, rendering the user unconscious for as long as it took their body to reboot... something that could range from hours to days.

Skylar

Sky chose a horse that looked a bit like her ice ability, a roan stallion, and nodded in agreement to what Marc said. "I'm ready as well," she said a few minutes later after she had nodded. She had also made friends with the horse before getting onto his back and was now waiting like everyone else to be on their way. She was a bit nervous still for what they were about to do and hoped that she'd be able to carry out the mission. She also hoped that none of them would get seriously hurt.

Noe Amani

When Akilana had made her move, Noe added her own power to the storm which made it even harder to see. Noe was surprised at the level but was even more surprised when all of the sudden, Lyd was on the ground with the talisman completely devoid of light, almost seeming to absorb the light around them. She then cut through the rain with her own spot of control and seized Trig in a controlled tornado that hardly moved the air around it, only just within its boundaries.

Isa

Isa was surprised when Loren jumped into the fray with a wind element at his command. Noe didn't look surprised but she was and it showed after she was hit with one of the projectiles on her hip, but it just grazed her. With a second glance at Kai, she noticed him doing something rather strange. He sunk into the ground slightly and then his body started to glow. She had to shield her eyes, but what she saw afterwards, was, well, shocking. Kai was laying in the ground, limp and then Lyd was lying there dead. Even the King was surprised at the reaction of the last two aero council members.

Marcy and Victor, the half-siblings

Marcy screamed in terror as lighting struck right near her and then killed Lyd. She was shaking like a leaf as she looked at all of them around her and felt her head pounding where it had hit the floor with Lyd's gruff nature. But, when she felt her brother gently place his hand on her shoulder, she started to cry with tears of relief. "We're free Marcy!" he said then watched in horror as Trig pulled out another talisman, but without Lyd, there was no way that Victor would be held back. In a second, there were three holes through Trig. One through his head and two in his heart. Marcy cried even harder when Noe let Trig to the ground and ran over to Kaimaru.

Ayame

Ayame walked over those that were smaller than he, his feathers brushing Noe's head. After looking around them, he called order to the elements with a single screech and somehow, all elements stopped. It was something he could only use once a month, and he had just used it for that month. He bent his head to Marcy to glean what he could of what had been going on. When he was finished he morphed into his human form and looked at the other Elementians. "I'm afraid that everything that we have been doing, has been released to the Shadow Queen because of Lyd and Trig. They held Marcy captive to make Victor play along and now these two are free." he said in a loud voice as many nobles walked into the wet room and listened to him. "However, because there are only two Aero members left, and many Aero nobles have become corrupt save for those that are here, Aero," he looked at the king who nodded "is considered to be any enemy city." He looked at Aketsu and walked up to him. "Aketsu, the talisman that they had, drained you of your potential power as well as your memories of your family. What you did as a child, does not apply to now, you are a wiser young man, and you seem to have been able to tame the beast that is Taikisha Moren." He said with a laugh then glanced at Loren whom Isa was gawking at.

Isa....again

Isa looked at Loren's sword and circled around him. It was incredible that someone else had been able to master an elemental weapon like she had. She had been training to do it as long as Leith and Nerio, who had been outside talking to their family until they heard the screech of the griffin. At the moment, the two brothers were removing water from all of the walls and paintings and whatever else was soaked to the bone. But Isa looked at Loren and nodded in approval. "someone grew a pair." she chuckled then looked at all of them around her. They really did make a great team.

Noe....again....

Noe looked at kaimaru and wondered how she could get him out of there....the only way they could do that was to remove his shoes possibly or just yank him out of the ground....but even then. "Kaimaru?" Noe said and then wondered if she should slap him. Instead she made a small rain cloud over his face and tried to see if that woke him up. "Kai?" she called again as the cloud disappeared.

Akira flinched a bit as her vines were ripped up in the storms. It was hardly even noticeable before they were ripped beyond belief. But the tole of trying to even grow them let alone in a storm soon appeared. Akira wobbled, but pushed it aside when she saw Kai. She took a deep breath and stumbled over to him. She frowned and said "What do you think is wrong?"

--

Akilana was surprised as her storm was just vanquished by a griffon form Ayame. She shook her head though, then leaned against the wall, trying to regain not only her composer, but her head, she was rather light headed now from the use of her power so much and rather uncontrolled. She was happy it was over though.

The winds from the council member was trying to push him away, but he pushed back, the barrier of wind created a huge tempest of wind. Then suddenly, he saw Kai doing something, releasing a powerful bolt of electricity at Lyd. Loren watched as the crescendo of elements ended, he was the only one left channeling the wind. Watching Lyd and Trig die brought a new emotion he would have never felt with any other person...joy. He was joyful to watch the censorkip.gif***s who would have made him a tool die. He began to chuckle with a grin on his face, no longer did he have to hide from the council...he was free.

But his wind ended when the strange man-animal thing called his wind off, the razor wind around his body died with it. But the next words that came out of his mouth brought even more twisted feelings.

"However, because there are only two Aero members left, and many Aero nobles have become corrupt save for those that are here, Aero, is considered to be an enemy city."

Loren's eyes widened with shock...and anger. To him, anger was becoming a drug...it was sweet the first time, but his body was wanting it, little by little. "So that it?" Asked Loren as he stepped up to Ayame, his eyes looking into his. "Because those idiots made their choice, Aero is now a threat? What about the common folk? Are they your enemies as well? People who weren't infromed of this, who will now die to fight for something they don't believe in?" He asked, barely containing his anger. "What if that makes me your enemy as well?" Asked Loren, his eyes turning cold. That last question was purely hypothetical, but he wanted to see his reaction.