Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

Only barely did the Death God manage to stop himself from laughing at Nitro's attempt to escape. He watched as she crawled behind the tree nect to the bench before hopping up onto the bench himself and staring down at her.

"Elena West" he said edging along the bench. "Do not fear. I have no intention of harming you."

Edited by Fortune86

When Nitro heard her read name she quickly turned around from behind the tree giving the creature a look piecing angry look. “How do you know my name?” she spoke still hiding from behind the tree. “Or rather tell what you are and what you want?” While she spoke she remembered her shoes was still tied up so she quickly undid then and tied them up right again while she kept an eye on the creature.

Now the Death God chuckled. Nitro was despite herself curious enough not to run away, even after she had freed herself from the bench.

"I am the God of Death" he said rearing up on his legs to tower above the human girl. "I know everything."

Niether of these statements were true, but Nitro wasn't to know. Besides, it made him sound more impressive and would hopefully help convince her to do what he wanted.

((Is it alright if I do make them bump into her?))

Nas opened his mouth to speak, but found that his words were caught. He was stunned by the girl, she was sharp. Trying not to look nervous, he forced a cough and covered his mouth until he could gather himself up again.

"Well..." he gave another smile. "Say I do trust you. Who am I?" he felt like he was playing a game again. He was also intrigued to hear her thought process. If she suspected that he was Nas, she was smart, but she would seem to jump to conclusions. If she could actually explain why, then he could judge her more accurately.

Nitro’s eyes widened when the creature said it was a God of Death. This scared her even more because why would such a thing approach her. She gritted her teeth looking at it as it moved around. “What do you want?” she asked when she noticed a woman walking past. The lady looked at Nitro with a confused look but continued to walk giving her still weird looks.

Why didn’t she run away when she saw the creature? Why was she looking at me so weird? thought Nitro to herself when it hit her the creature might be invisible to other people.

Elizabeth wondered into her kitchen, Aero at her heels for he hoped to be lucky enough to receive a bit of a treat. She turned to him and put her hands on her hips, "What? You want a treat?" Reaching onto of the fridge, she brought down a small bag of dog treats, tossing one to the Great Dane. As he gobbled down the dog food, she wondered over to the balcony, glancing down to the ground where a bulldog sat besides its owner on a bench, "Aero! Looks like your friend is downstairs." Elizabeth called to her dog, walking towards the door and attaching Aero's leash to his black collar. She then led him downstairs to play with the other dog.

Downstairs, Elizabeth approached the man and his bulldog, "Jason!" She shouted happily. Aero clamored over to the bulldog named Fenly, "How've you been? I haven't seen you in awhile."

The blonde man looked over to her and smiled, "Elizabeth! How nice to see you. I've been very well, how about you? How are you doing?" He asked.

"I've been doing just fine. I've been waiting for a friend, that's all." Elizabeth answered.

Alex threw her empty cup away as she cautiously walked out into the street. She looked around for any sign of the two tormentors. Satisfied they weren't around she glanced back at Sono.

"Which way?"

~

Krystal looked at the man.

"You were involved with the law somehow. Police seems likely but so does the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You left awhile back and you don't get out much...do you? Your a hard man to trace, I couldn't find a name, which is a good thing." she shrugged.

"I did discover that you went shopping lately."

((I have a sneaky suspicious Ears. tongue.gif ))

Edited by evangeline5432

Sono glanced both ways down the street.

"Umm..." he scratched his head. He looked one way, then the other, then back to the first way...then the second. "I...don't know." he was completely lost. He started to walk down to the left, but he only found that he was going around in a circle. He spotted a girl staring through a window further down in the street. "Um." he murmured before walking up to her. "Excuse me?" he asked, hoping to catch her attention.

~

Beneath his sunglasses, Nas tried to hide a surprised expression. How did she--? he was about to shut her up himself before he calmed down and realised the she was a detective, she would know this stuff. It's not like everyone would.

"Alright. So you know a bit about me. If you don't know my name...then who am I?" he asked again, hoping that she would catch on. Come on. You were surprised when your father followed my orders without a question...

The Death God considered telling Nitro that 'it was her time' just to mess with her, but decided against it. He needed to keep her friendly and to gain her trust for Diane's plan to work.

"I have been watching you" he said, which was sort of true. "And I know what it is that you desire. You, like many others, crave a world of peace, but know that will never happen as long as there are those who would ruin it."

~~~

When someone approached her Diane was slightly startled, but did not let it show. She had been so wrapped up in her thoughts that she had not noticed the boy approach her. Turning to face him she looked at him carefully.

"Yes?" she asked, wondering what he wanted.

It has been watching me thought Nitro to herself when a cold shiver ran down her spine but the fact that it said, that it knows what she desires, sparked her interest. “So you’re a stalker and know what people desire…” she said moving slightly way from the tree “but what is it you want? Cause clearly you’re up something.”

The Death God's moment was slightly ruined by Nitro suggesting that he was a stalker, but he rallied on.

"I am to create the world you seek" he continued. "But my ability in the human realm is limited. Therefore I need to enlist the aid of those who share my vision. For this reason I have approached you."

((Suspicion* Dumb spell checker...))

Alex walked up behind Sono. A cool breeze made her shiver, so she zipped up her poor excuse of a sweater as she looked cautiously at the lady.

Alex didn't know exactly where Sono's house was so she kept quiet and watched the two intently.

~

Krystal sighed, she had been trying to avoid that name in public. She waited until a couple of people near them were out of earshot.

"Dad thinks you might be the next L. Whether that's true...heh. Let's just say this, that name means nothing until you prove that your the man to take it. And if your not L, you know who is."

Edited by evangeline5432

Nitro thought for a bit what this God of Death was telling her. It bothered her slightly that such a creature exist and that it needed help from humans but on the other side she did desire world peace and to get rid of those disgusting criminals. “What you want me to do then and who else have you asked to help you?” she asked the death god while her curiosity grew more.

"Uhh...could you direct me to..." Sono lost concentration midway through his sentance as he focused on the TV through the window the girl was looking through before. It was another news report, with the caption "Is Kira back?"

...after the mass simultaneous murder of criminals, the question has to be asked, is Kira back? Sono felt his stomach tighten and he now turned to face the screen. Some viewers may remember the rule of a Japanese Kira a few years ago who seemed to do the same thing. Now that it is happening again, people are already praising a new Kira. But is this the right thing to do? Is murdering a bad person 'ok'? I'm joined now by expert... Sono twitched slightly.

"Hm." he murmured, transfixed by what has been said. He turned to Alex, then back to the other girl. Awkwardly breaking the silence, he asked her, "Well...what do you think about this Kira business?"

The Death God reached down and picked up the discarded piece of Death Note. Straightening it out he handed it over to Nitro.

"This is no ordinary piece of paper. It comes from the Death Note. A notebook that possesses many powers. Not only does its touch allow a human to see me, but it gives them the power to kill another human being."

~~~

Again Diane wondered if the Japenese Kira was plauged by constant references to his work, but her thoughts were cut off when the boy addressed her again.

"I don't know. True, there are many unforgiveable people in this world, but I think it's too early to start praising this person. If I remember correctly the first Kira started killing people for getting in his way, whether they meant to or not."

Alex wondered why Sono had stopped talking then she also heard the person on the television. Sono's voice broke through her thoughts and she tore her gaze away from the TV.

"I guess we will find out if this Kira is someone to praise or despise soon enough. Maybe this one will be different..." Alex mumbled under her breath quietly, wondering

what had compelled Sono to ask this lady that question.

“A Death Note? What is that?” she asked with a questionable look on her face. She moved slightly towards the death god not really sure if she should touch the paper again. Since this is piece of paper made it possible for her to see this creature she wasn’t sure what would happen if she kept it. Nitro then extended her arm out to take the paper but it felt like if it moved out of its own free will. After much thinking and arguing with her inner self she took the paper only to hear what the creature has to say about it.

"The human whose name is written on this paper shall die" said the Death God. "If you picture someone's face while you write their name, they will die of a heart attack."

He cocked his head to once side as Nitro took the piece of paper.

"It is important that you picture their face, to prevent confusion between people with the same name. If you write the cause of death within 40 seconds of the name, that will happen instead of a heart attack."

"I know," Sono started to talk to the girl again. "I mean...maybe it's okay to kill bad people...but innocent people just doing their jobs?" he stopped and looked at her. "That's not someone to praise." He sighed. "It's stupid that the police have to get in the way of everything..."

~

Nas opened his mouth to say something, but stopped and shot her a look from beneath his sunglasses. You have attitude, too, don't you? He smiled and nodded.

"Let's just go and find the teacher, shall we?" Nas started. "What did they teach, again? Are they even here or did they leave after the fire-scare?"

They do the best they can" said Diane. "It's the system that's broken. Criminals are constantly released back into society to cause harm and others never even go to trial because of technicalities."

The TV was now showing pictures of some of the criminals she had killed the day before, highlighting their crimes and where they were at time of death. Diane watched them flick before her eyes with a blank expression. She felt nothing for them, not even relief that they were gone. Maybe it was because she knew there was thousands, perhaps millions just like them still left in the world.

Nitro looked narrow eyed the piece of paper. So that’s how it’s done she thought to herself. She had already an idea of who name to put on there but she needs to think this through. People are already thinking about Kira and she doesn’t need them leading her way. She then wondered who was really behind it all in the end. It can’t be this death god.

“So who’s plan was this?” she asked the death god.

The Death God chuckled. Clibing down off the bench he drew a little closer to Nitro.

"Kira's of course. Who else did you think it could be?"

((fail post T-T))

((Fortune, what is that teachers name and what did he teach? rolleyes.gif ))

"It's not just the justice system that's broken..." Alex commented under her breath.

~

Krystal looked around.

"I could just ask." She shrugged.

((Here is a fail post for you. .-.))