Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

((It would be much easier if we just made one up, huh?))

"They do the best they can. It's the system that's broken. Criminals are constantly released back into society to cause harm and others never even go to trial because of technicalities." Sono twitched slightly as he absorbed what she had stated.

"I know!" he almost shouted, remembering the unfair court trial he had suffered after he was attacked. "Why can't Kira and the police just join up? That would make things so much easier..." Sono gave a quick glance at Alex and raised an eyebrow. "Hmm? What did you say?" he asked, not quite hearing her.

~

"Fair enough." Nas sniffed. He rubbed at his chin and stared at a blank spot in the wall. The teacher could just be a scapegoat...but...maybe a student is trying to specifically blame this teacher. Maybe they don't like them, or maybe the student just went for the easiest option...I just know that the teacher didn't do it. He stopped staring and turned to look at Krystal. "Go on then." he urged. I need to get some answers...

Diane turned to give the boy her full attention, tearing herself away from the TV screens.

"If the police rely on Kira's power, then that makes them as bad as the criminals Kira is killing. Taking another person's life is wrong, no matter what reason is behind it. That's why we have laws, to try and deliver justice. But the laws don't work because people don't care about each other any more."

She looked back the TV, seeing that it had changed to the weather. What was taking the Death God so long? He should have been back by now.

"As a race, humans are broken. It is not until we start mending ourselves when things will start to work properly."

((Call him Bob then :B ))

Alex looked at Sono and shook her head.

"Huh? Oh, um, I just said that it's not just the justice system that's broken..." She shrugged and glanced at the two people before her.

~

"Alright then, be right back." Krystal left with hardly a glance at Nas. She disappeared around the corner, about 5 minutes later she came back.

"It would seem Mr. Lucas just left. After the scare, he went to the teachers lounge, then left about a minute ago. If we hurry we can catch him."

((*refuses to use the name bob.* xP I think imma call him Lucas, of that's okay with you guys. rolleyes.gif

I am switching computers, I will write with Krystal asap))

Edited by evangeline5432

Giving a little step back when the death god came near Nitro wondered who this Kira was actually. “What do you want me to do first then? Or should I say what would Kira want me to do first then?” she asked the creature, already made her decision on joining this mission she and so many others want.

Sono stared at the girl in front of him. She was deep, she was...something else.

"So true...But if you think about it, people shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff in the first place." he whirled around and turned his attention back to Alex. "What do you mean?" he raised an eyebrow.

~

Nas nodded and spent the whole 5 minutes scratching at his chin and thinking. Kira...Kira...Kira...I might not be "L", but I will catch you. Where L failed, I will win... He cocked his head to the side as Krystal came back.

"Alright then, let's go. Call your father to tell him where we're going, I'm sure he'd worry if he came back to find you gone." he flickered a half-smile and turned to walk out the door.

Diane sighed inwardly. It sounds like the boy didn't understand what she meant. People did terrible things to one another because they weren't right inside. Sometimes they started off broken, or where broken sometime in their life. Either way, no decent person would do things like what had happened to Hannah.

~~~

"There are people you wish to rid the world of, correct? People who have done unforgiveable deeds. You know deep in your heart what the only course of action is."

The Death God gestured towards the piece of paper in Nitro's hand.

"You have the tool to carry it out now. Why don't we test it's power so that you can see it for yourself?"

The Death God lurched over a nearby bin and searched through it. He gently pulled out a discarded newspaper and flicked through it. Finding a worthy test subject he carried the page back to Nitro. Holding it up before her he showed her the picture of a woman and the article underneath.

"This woman murdered her nephew because she didn't want to share their inheritance. He was only nine years old. Do you think this woman is fit to exist in this world?"

Edited by Fortune86

"It's not just the justice system. If you go to the right place you will find tons of people who have nothing to live for. Most of them have been swindled out of everything they own because of the system."

~

"I did already." She walked out after him

"Surely we can manage a faster walk?" She asked in a teasing tone.

Nitro looked at the picture and the name of the woman, and then looked back at the death god. Thinking hard on what to do she moved passed the death god to her bag. Digging in it she found a pen and took a seat on the bench. She then held then pen close to the piece of fumbled paper still thinking of what she is doing. “How will I know if it works?”

"Make her death something that will draw attention, then watch the news tonight. If it's a strange enough death people will flock to cover it and you'll know for sure that it has worked."

He was glad to see that Nitro had so quickly cottoned on. Diane had been right about her. This girl could prove to be useful in more ways than one, which is exactly what Kira needed.

Looking at the name of the woman and at her picture again, Nitro decided to do it. She written then name of the woman while imagining her face and how she should die. Once the deed was done she could feel excitement boiling in her. With this paper she could take her revenge that is if what this death god says comes true. She will need to watch the news tonight and if it comes true she will knows what to do. “Tell Kira if her or she needs help with anything I am willing to help.” spoke Nitro with a serious face while placing the pen and paper in her bag.

Sono stood and nodded in silence. There were many, many things wrong in the world they lived in. And this Kira...they would be trying to sort it out, but is it right to do something like that? To kill people, even if they are bad? Maybe they needed to do it, it has been reported that crime rates in Japan slowed down drastically after the first Kira, perhaps it could happen again?

~

"A faster walk, huh?" Nas eyed the girl and began to pick up the pace. He looked over his shoulder at her.

Is she...hinting at a race? a sheepish smile crossed his lips and he began to break out into a run. "C'mon then, keep up!"

The Death God nodded.

"I'm glad you share our vision" he told Nitro. "But be careful with that piece of paper. Should anyone learn its secrets or touch it, everything we are working for may fall apart. There is a lot of work to be done before the world can start to become a better place."

As he spoke he began to sink into the floor.

"When the sheet is full burn it. It will not undo anything, but it will make it harder to link you to any deaths. I will bring you a new sheet if you continue to prove yourself worthy."

With his final word he vanished completely into the ground, leaving Nitro alone by the bench.

~~~

"Things won't get better on their own" said Diane mostly to herself. "If we want a better system, we have to make one."

Nitro listened closely to what the death god said. He was right she should be careful with this piece of paper otherwise things will turn out for the worst. She then held her bag closer to her trying to protect it from the future that lays a head.

As she saw the death god disappearing when she looked around her to see if it might show ups somewhere near her. Kira must be close by to send him to her but Nitro then shook here head and started walking slowly towards her apartment.

Alex looked at the lady curiously, wondering if she was sincere.

"That would be something I would be willing to help with."

She sighed, remembering all the times the other kids had called her stupid when she had talked that way. They said it was immpossible. It was nice to hear someone else say it, maybe there was hope.

"Let us hope this Kira, if it really is them, does not become corrupted. Right now their making themselves too big. L will catch them if they are not careful..." she trailed off realizing she was talking to much. "Sorry, ignore me." she smiled sheepishly.

~

Krystal laughed then took off after Sam. She stayed on his heels as they raced out into the parking lot. Stopping for a second, she looked around. "Sam, that man getting into the blue prius. That's the teacher."

"You know what they say" said Diane. "If you want to change the world, you should start with your own corner."

A tap on the underside of her foot told her that the Death God had returned. It was wise of him not to try phasing right up to her side. If Nitro passed this way then it would be hard to explain his presence.

Glacing at her watch Diane saw that it was getting late. If she was to go and see Liz she would have to start moving. Kira or not, it was dangerous to walk these streets at night.

"Excuse me" she said to the two teenagers. "I must go. You should as well, it's not safe around here."

Turning away from them Diane began to walk away to the nearest bus stop, then changed her mind and walked past it. It would take longer to reach Liz's place on foot, but at least the Death God could stay hidden for longer.

"It really smells down here" complained the Death God from beneath her feet.

Sono shrugged as the girl walked off, tensing as she mentioned 'it's not safe around here'. It was true, the place was not too far from where he had been attacked.

"Well I guess we better get going, it's kinda late." Sono turned to Alex. "Are you going back to the orphanage or can you--uhh--will you--if it's not too much of a--?" he felt a rush of colour to his face as he looked away, hoping that she could stay the night over again.

~

"Eww a prius..." Nas murmured under his breath. He had always preferred luxurious cars that he had often been driven around in, windows tinted with glasses of wine in the back seat. Not that he drank, though. "Okay." he nodded as he approached the car. He caught the man's attention and gave him a quick wave before he flipped out his fake ID card. The man wound the window down and Nas cut him off before he could say anything. "My associate and I would like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind..."

((No clue. PM her?

Ears, think this is ok? =P))

As Alex watched the woman walk away, she went deep into thought. Sono's voice snapped her out of it, and she sighed. "Tomorrow is another school day. Oh joy..." she groaned. Going back to the orphanage was far from what she wanted to do, but if she didn't show up on a Sunday night, they would notice...if someone hadn't already... "I can't. They usually take a "roll call" on Monday morning." she shrugged. Night was not far away, she needed to hurry.

"I'll see you tomorrow! Thanks for the day Sono. It was fun." she smile and ran off. Just as she reached one of the alley ways she stopped, turned, and waved at the boy before ducking into the shadows cast by a setting sun.

~

Krystal stopped a few inches behind Sam/Nas and flashed her ID as well.

"What's this about?" the teacher asked glancing from Nas to Krystal.

"Sorry to bother you Sir, but we just have a few routine followup questions about the incident earlier today." the guy frowned and gestured for her to go ahead. Krystal took out a small notepad and pencil.

"Where were you right before the alarm went off, Sir?"

"If your suggesting..."

"Of course not Mister Lucius, I'm just following protocol. Boss says to ask a few questions, that's what I have to do." she shrugged apologetically. The teacher sighed and seemed to calm down.

"In my class, teaching."

"On the computer?" she dared to ask. He shook his head.

"No." Krystal nodded and looked at Sam.

"Got any questions for Mister Lucius, Sir?"

Edited by evangeline5432

It really was getting late, the streets were almost empty. Wrapping herself up a little tighter in her coat Diane quickened her pace towards Liz's apartment. This would be her first visit to the younger girl's home and Diane wondered what it was that would warrant an invitation. Liz had been acting a little strangely today. Something was obviously on her mind. Did it have anything to do with the recents deaths? It seemed to be all anyone wanted to talk about now.

Ten minutes later Diane had found Liz's apartment and was standing outside her door. She rang the bell and waited, the Death God sliding up and down the bannisters on the stairs nearby.

The knocking on Elizabeth's door made her jump. Aero rushed to the front door, barking loudly. Calming the massive dog, Elizabeth opened the door to Diane, "Hey, Diane! I'm so happy you could make it!" The young girl gave Diane a hug and invited her into the apartment, closing the door behind her, "Make yourself at home, would you like some coffee or maybe tea?"

((Hey guys, sorry for the absence!))

"No thank you" said Diane. "I'm quite alright."

She didn't want to stay too long, the walk back to her own apartment would be a lenghty one and as she had told those two earlier it wasn't very safe out. Diane walked over to the couch and sat down, looking back up at her host.

"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

Elizabeth turned off the kitchen light and joined Diane in the living room with a sigh. She took time to collect her thoughts on how exactly she would tell Diane what she thought about all this KIra stuff that's been going on, "Um Diane," Aero joined Elizabeth and laid down on the ground beside her as she spoke, "About this whole Kira scare... I told you about those criminals that killed my family. Then that night, a hundred criminals all die, including the ones you killed my family." She broke eye cotntact with Diane for a moment then reconnected, "At first, I thought it was a coincidence... But then it started making sense to me... You're KIra... Aren't you, Diane?" She finally managed to say.

A look of complete surprise spread across Diane's face and was then replaced by confusion.

"You think I'm Kira?" she asked sounding incredulous. "What on earth makes you think that?"

The Death God crawled across the ceiling until he was directly above the two girls. This was interesting. How had this girl guessed that Diane was the one responsible for all the deaths?

"Because right after I told you about the criminal who killed my family, he dies," Elizabeth began, "You've also been acting a little jumpy since the killings started. I really do believe that you're Kira, Diane... It's amazing that Kira might be sitting right in front of me!" She exclaimed happily, "Please tell me it's true?"