Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

When Diane woke up the next morning she lay in bed for a little while. The events of the previous day had left her feeling very drained and she wondered if she could get away with not doing anything.

However the Death God shuffling through the wall reminded her that he would soon be begging for cake. She would have to get some food in for herself as well.

It wasnt long before the new Kira was washed, dressed and on her way to the supermarket, the Death God trailing as far behind as he could to avoid being seen with her.

((Who wants to meet up with her?))

((Have Diane meet Alex again?))

Alex woke up when she felt someone shaking her.

"Go away..." she mumbled.

"Alex! Wake up. It's time for breakfast!" Alex sighed and opened one eye. She saw one of her roommates standing near her.

"Bring me something?" she asked jokingly then pulled the covers over her head as another girl turned on the light.

"Oi!" Alex said

"Wake up Alex!"

"Alright, I'm up, I'm up!" she threw the covers back and went to clean up. Afterwatds, she walked with the others to the cafeteria. Soon they had eaten and been accounted for. When Alex finished eating, the girl took advantage of having pretty much the entire day to her self by deciding to head out. Soon she was out wandering in the town.

((Sure smile.gif))

It took Diane a lot longer to reach the supermarket on foot than if she had taken the bus, but since Nitro would now be able to see the Death God she couldn't risk being seen with him. She used a pound coin to unlock a trolley from the stand and then made her way through the front doors. The Death God sank silently into the floor and headed towards the bakery section.

Rolling her eyes Diane started to pile fresh fruit and vegetables into her trolley. While Death Gods might be able to live off cake, humans couldn't.

When Alex saw a supermarket, she checked her pockets. She had some money with her, but it was getting low. I'll have to earn more later..." she walked into the market and headed toward the fruit section. She picked out a couple apples then headed toward the bakery section. She glanced at the cakes and grimaced at the thought of her birthday being so near.

Alex sighed inwardly and headed to the next case over where they had the bread...

By the time Diane had wound her way over to the bakery section the Death God had grown inpatient. He had climbed out of the floor and up to the top of the shelves to call and wave at her from across the store. Just to spite him Diane inspected a tin of beans then she really needed to before approaching him.

"Get these" The Death God told her as he leaned down and pointed to a selection of cupcakes. "And those ones. And some of the larges ones over there."

By the time Diane had finished loading everything he wanted into her trolley she looked as though she was getting ready to throw a party for about 20 people. The power to kill anyone she liked was putting an awful drain on her purse.

Alex picked out a small loaf of bread and prepared to go up to the front to pay. Something out of the corner of her eye caught her attention, the lady she had met yesterday was loading cakes into her cart(trolley?). Suddenly currious, she walked over.

"Will you need help carrying all of those to your car or where ever you want to take them?" she asked seeing a opportunity to make a little honest money.

"Will you need help carrying all of those to your car or where ever you want to take them?"

"Don't let her! She might steal my cake!"

Diane looked up to see a young girl with a hopeful expression on her face. Either she got a kick out of helping others or was after something in return. As she looked at her Diane realised she had met the girl only the day before.

"No thank you. I'm sure I'll manage. Is your friend not with you today?"

Edited by Fortune86

Nitro finished up her coffee and went to get cleaned up. She needed to roam the street a bit before she could start her plan. Once finished she grabbed her bag went out and locked the apartment and continued her way to the streets. She wandered slowly looking down dodgy roads, passing shops and crowded places. For her plan to work she needed to be out of the eye.

Though she felt a bit disappointed Alex didn't let it show. She really hadn't expected the woman to say yes.

"No Miss. He is probably at home...I have not gone by his place yet. Actually, I'm a bit unfamiliar with these parts" she glanced at the cart.

"I haven't seen that much cake since, well...since I was younger. Having a party to celebrate or do you just really like cake?" she smiled to let the woman know she was joking.

"Why is she so interested in my cake?" asked the Death God suspiciously. He dropped down to the shop floor and stood next to Diane, growling in her ear. If the girl made any movement towards his cupcakes she'd be walking home barefoot.

Diane waved him away, disguising the movement by brushing some hair behind her head.

"A friend of mine is on a particular weight gain diet. They asked me to get these for them as they couldn't get out today."

It wasn't the best lie she had ever told, but it was all she could come up with at the moment.

((Rofl))

"A weight gaining diet? You British are funny." Alex looked at the women with amusement, wondering what reason she would have to lie.

"Tell your friend I wish them luck then." Alex got the sudden feeling of being watched. She waved it away and offered a hand.

"Nice to meet you again. It's been interesting."

((I'll bring Kristen to say hi.))

Kristen walked to the checkout with a couple bottles under her arm. Her foster mother had run out of milk again so she had been sent out on her bicycle to buy some. But her thoughts were elsewhere, and defiantly not on where she was walking. She bumped into a corner and dropped her shopping, which skidded across the floor and bumped into a woman's trolley. She quickly scampered over to it and picked it up off the floor. She glanced at the woman guiltily. "I'm so sorry. I guess I wasn't paying attention."

"And you" replied Diane to Alex. "Goodbye."

She pushed her trolley forward, intending to carry on with her shop when several items rolled into the way. Diane looked around and saw another young girl dash around picking things up.

"It's alright" she said when the girl apologised. "But you should really use a basket if you intend to get a lot of items. saves you from trying to hold everything at once."

((Unless Ears posts within the next week, I may have to close this RP. An RP where no one is fighting against you isn't up to much.))

((Aww. I could have Krystal and her father dig around and try to catch up with Kira until Nas gets back?? *nod nod*))

Alex started to walk away when she heard a new voice talking to the women. She turned and saw a girl had dropped her shopping. She felt something hit her foot. When she looked down, Alex saw one of the things had rolled over toward her. She bent down to pick it up then walked over and held it out to the girl who was picking up stuff.

"Pardon, I think you dropped this?"

Kristen nodded to the woman, offering a smile for her advice. She turned as another woman offered her one of her dropped items. "Thank you," she dipped her head towards the newcomer. "Thank you both. You're both so kind. There should be more people like you in the world."

She saw an abandoned basket and pulled it closer. Picking her shopping up off the ground, she piled it into the small carrier. "Again, thank you." She thought about staying and talking with these friendly people, but they probably had somewhere to be, and so did she. "I should go," she said as she stepped towards the checkout. "My foster mother will be wondering where I am."

Diane nodded and silently waved the girl on her way. Being Kira really was cursed. She couldn't even go to the shops without something happening.

As she pushed her trolley into another aisle Diane wondered how Nitro was doing. Her first victim was already all over the news, but would that encourage her or scare her off? Would she kill again? Had she done so already? And most importantly, would she stick to killing those who deserved it?

Diane picked up a few tins and thoughfully put them into her trolley. If Nitro or anyone else Diane gave pages from the notebook to killed an innocent, then what? It didn't take long for Diane to work it out. Anyone who used the power of the Death Note would have to be killed. She couldn't allow them to hurt the wrong people.

Alex watched the woman walk off then turned back to Kristen, suddenly curious. "Foster mother?" she wondered, also taking a step toward the checkout.

"No problem. You better hurry then, I know how it can be. Hope you don't live too far from here..." she said with a sympathetic smile.

~~

Kystal woke up early the next morning when she heard her father moving around in the kitchen. She got out of bed and walked out of her room.

"Dad?" she called out startling him. She walk into the kitchen just in time to see her father hit his head on the fridge door.

"Good morning Krys. Sleep well?" he asked rubbing the back of his head. She nodded and smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah. Sorry I startled you. Stay up all night?" he took his hand away from his head and nodded.

"Yeah. Went through the video feed we recovered from the school."

"And?"

"I narrowed it down to less then half the people in the school..." she looked at his questioningly.

"That's about roughly 500 teachers and kids. I have not finished..." he tried to stifle a yawn. Krystal noticed the yawn and spoke up.

"Dad get some rest. I can take over for while." he shook his head.

"Dad, I insist." he smiled."It took him a couple minutes but he finally nodded in agreement.

"Fine, only because you insist." he said in a exhausted tone. He looked almost relieved. He needed sleep but ever since her mom had gone he had never been one to give up a chance to track down Kira while he was around. She had a feeling now that there was a new Kira he would do the same. Kystal nodded approvingly and started to make herself a early breakfast as her father disappeared into her bedroom...

((Going to post something later today... just so you know))

Alex watched the woman walk off then turned back to Kristen, suddenly curious. "Foster mother?" she wondered, also taking a step toward the checkout.

"No problem. You better hurry then, I know how it can be. Hope you don't live too far from here..." she said with a sympathetic smile.

Kristen shrugged. "Well, I live a mile or two away from here. I can manage." She walked the few steps to the conveyor belt and started unpacking her items onto it. She felt like starting a conversation, but where to start? When she decided, it was probably the most dangerous option of all of the choices. "So, what do you think of Kira?"

Alex set her stuff on the conveyor and dug some money out of her pocket. She counted out exactly what it would cost then slipped the extra into her pocket. At the mention of Kira she looked up at the girl.

"I wouldn't mention that name in public. Those who remember the reign of the last one fear the name. Let us hope if there truly is a new Kira," -she lowered her voice as she said Diane's title- "that this one will have a better reign, if not for the people but for Kira them self." she glanced at the cashier then back at girl.

"I'm Alex by the way."

((We need to find some way to get Diane to trust her enough to consider giving her a page. Whhat do you think? There is a way I can think of that will give Alex a reason to follow her.

How close do you want Krystal to get?))

As Krystal entered the secret room, the computer pinged as it ruled out 53 more people. Krystal sighed. 447 people were still a lot. She sat down and started to eat her very early breakfast.

Nitro walked along the streets until she came to a spot that was rarely populated with people. She needed for the man who killed her father to know what he did and then die himself. She suddenly noticed that she was a lot braver now that she knows she can get the man back for what he did. Still walking around she looked if it was save and if no one would see what might happen. The place was rather dodgy but soon she picked her mark remembered the street name and turned around and go home. “It will go all down tonight.” she whispered to herself.

Before she went home she stopped at a shop to buy soda. Her mind was buzzing on how to right this “thing” on a piece of paper that she didn’t even notice her surroundings.