Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

((I meant Diane didn't leave anything behind. There are no cameras there, she didn't use her own log in, wiped the history and cookies and used a piece of cloth to avoid leaving finger prints on anything.))

Nitro nodded to what Liz said and stood up. She then took her empty cup and threw it in the trash bin and turned towards the exit when she looked back at Liz. “I’ll check you around then. Stay safe and enjoy your evening.” said Nitro where she then started to make her way out slowly.

Elizabeth followed Nitro out of the cafe and said her goodbyes when they parted ways on the street. She made her way down the street and do the front door of the apartment complex. Using the key given to her, Elizabeth went inside and up the stairs to her apartment where Aero was waiting patiently for her to come home. Tossing her stuff in her room, Elizabeth set to work on cleaning all the dog hair and toys that Aero had left around the apartment out of boredom during her absence.

Krystal looked at her phone then back at Sam. Her father had given her his location inside the school.

"I suggest we get going bro. Don't wanna keep my dad waiting." She turned around and walked toward the stairs not looking back to see if he was following. A few minutes later she opened the door and walked into the room her dad was in.

"Where is that Sam fellow?"

"He'll be coming annnnyyytime now." She said with a amused smile. Her dad looked up at her and chuckled, giving her one of his rare smiles.

"I don't want to repeat myself. I will wait till Sam gets here." Jared said suddenly serious. Krystal shrugged and sat down in a nearby chair.

Nitro said her good byes to Liz and walked into the opposite direction straight to the local store. She quickly gathered the items she needed and went to the register to pay up. Looking around she noticed that there were more than usual students around. “Probably because of the fire alarm that when off at the university.” she whispered to herself. Nitro thanked the lady that helped her and walked outside. Thinking of where to go next Nitro slowly walked in the direction of where her flat was but wasn’t sure if she was in the mood to go home yet.

"We have really got to work on your abilities to lie."

Sono choked on his pie.

"Wh-What?" he said, the crusty pastry muffling some of his words. Damn...I knew I was terrible at lying... He sighed. "Okay...I just...thought someone over there was talking about...Kira." he squeaked. Sono nodded in the direction of where he thought he heard it before turning back to Alex. "It could have been something else, though..." he mumbled, not even believing that sentence himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sure, sis." Nas smiled, imitating the girl. He yawned and took the clip-camera off his wrist watch, then stuffed it in one of his pockets. He was guessing there were going to be around 400-800 students here at the time when the fire alarm went off, and that did not include the staff. Oh well, 800 suspects was better than all the people in London...

Nas looked around. Where had that girl gone? He set out after her and, after circling around for a while, finally came across the right computer room.

"So you found it?" he gave a shy smile.

As Diane walked along the Death God devoured the last of the muffins. Just as he devoured the final chunk he noticed that she was watching him.

"What is it?"

"How does that work?"

"How does what work?"

"When you are holding something people can see it. Only they think it is floating through the air or something. But when you eat something it vanishes."

"Well of course."

"Why? They are still items of this world, aren't they?"

"It's inside of me."

Diane stopped walking and looked so hard at the Death God it made him shift in discomfort. He had eaten a lot of cake during the past few days, but it didn't stop him from phasing through solid objects. Did something have to be swallowed for that to take effect? What if it was just inside his mouth? Like if a few crumbs got wedged between his teeth?

Opening her bag Diane rifled through the contents until she found something suitable. Pulling out her lipstick she handed it to the Death God who bemusedly took it.

"Humour me" said Diane. "Put that in your mouth and sink through the floor."

Still not sure what she was doing the Death God complied with her request and put the small item of makeup into his mouth and wrapped his tongue around it to hold it in place. Glancing briefly at Diane he then sank through the floor, taking the lipstick with him.

Diane let out a huge gasp of excitement. Inside the Death God was inside the Death God. It didn't matter where. After a few moments the Death God reappeared and took the lipstick out of his mouth. He gave it a quick wipe on his arm and handed it back to Diane. She held rolled it between her fingers as the thought.

"Mind telling me what that was all about?"

"It means we have to go shopping."

"Can we get cake?"

Diane smiled. Not her usual humourless one, but one that contained genuine happiness.

"Yes."

Jared looked up, seeing Sam/Nas he spoke up.

"Now that you have finally arrived..." he glanced over at his daughter before continuing.

"Whoever this Kira is, he, or she is pretty smart. Deleted everything. I recovered some of the data. Enough to know this was indeed the computer.

Dusting for prints won't do much ....dozens of kids come through here daily.

No cameras. Among one of the things I did recover was the ID used to log in..."

~

Alex looked at him and smiled.

"First bit of advice, when your caught lying, don't give in right away." She said holding back laughter.

"As for this Kira business, did you see who might have said it?"

((Do you want him to find the name used to log in? It would be a wild goose chase. : P))

Edited by evangeline5432

((The ID used to log in was the teacher's.))

The local stationery store was not too far from the flower boutique. Diane had milled around a little, looking at the displays of coloured printing paper and glitter pens before heading towards the reason she had entered the store.

The was a section of mini-notebooks, most of which came with their own tiny pen or pencil. Diane inspected a few of them before choosing a white one with a blue butterfly pattern.

"What are you up to?"

Diane ignored the Death God. There were too many people in the store for her to safely answer. Looking around the store a little longer she eventually made her way to the till where she made her purchase. Stepping out onto the street she placed the mini notebook in her bag for now.

"Why did you buy that?" asked the Death God, knowing that it wasn't a whimsical purchase.

"You'll see."

Nitro walked still deciding where to go. She could go to the café and work but she still need to work on her project. On the other hand she can loaf around a bit. She has been working hard and long hours. She needed a bit of relax time and that made her decision. She then saw down one of the street isle a bit of green grass. “There must be a park there.” she spoke softly to herself and before she knew it she made her way towards it.

"First bit of advice, when your caught lying, don't give in right away." Sono choked again and started to cough. Alex was sharp...

"I dunno...over there somewhere. But I think they've gone now." he said softly as he motioned with his head to a corner. He swallowed before turning back to his pie, which was almost gone by now. "But hey, don't worry about it, I'm sure it was nothing." his voice wavered slightly as his 'accent' kicked in again. He really hated it when that happened. It made him feel like a stereotype...

"So what now?" he asked, finishing his food and wiping his mouth.

~

Nas sat down and stared at the man with and inquisitive and intense look. Now he could gather all the evidence and judge what happened.

"Whoever this Kira is, he, or she is pretty smart. Deleted everything." No kidding. Of course they would... "I recovered some of the data. Enough to know this was indeed the computer." Fantastic. he thought. Maybe this guy does have some skill after all... "Dusting for prints won't do much ....dozens of kids come through here daily. No cameras." What!? inside, he was outraged, but he tried not to show it to them, especially the little girl. No...he would have to test her...but the cameras. He needed them...this was meant to be a breakthrough! "Among one of the things I did recover was the ID used to log in..." Nas leant forward.

"Good. You've done well." his voice suddenly became low and serious. "Whoever it is would be worth taking a look at. That's not to say that they've done it, though..." he leant back again. "As you said, this Kira is smart. If they deleted their history, then they would have been smart enough not to log in as themselves." he paused for a minute. "Still. I want to talk to this person. Who was it?"

((No reason >.> <.< >.>

Just going to wait until Nitro comes to a rest that's all...))

Walking down the isle Nitro came in view of a small park with a few benches and trees. The grass looked so fresh and green she just wanted to go roll on it. Once she reached the park she took in a seat on a bench that was slightly shaded by a tree. Nitro just sacked in to the bench feeling the world leaving her shoulder. “I could do this all day.” she spoke to herself with a smile

((I dunno the teachers name. tongue.gif

I think Tim is wondering what he can do.))

Alex looked at Sono, she took a sip of her drink thoughtfully.

"Nothing...? Someone might have said Kira and that's nothing?" She looked cautiously at the boy before her.

"If there was a new Kira and you meet them, what would you do?"

~

Jared looked at the ID.

"The ID belongs to somebody named [insert name here]..." ((tongue.gif))

Krystal looked up from her phone at her dad.

"That's the name of the teacher. She pointed at the desk that had the teachers nameplate on it." She raised an eyebrow.

"I agree with Sam, I hardly think Kira would be that stupid...but all leads should be looked into..." Jared nodded in agreement and looked to Nas.

Krystal felt annoyed(but she didn't let it show), Jared and her had worked alone for a long time and now out of the blue her dad was actually letting a man whom they knew had lied about his name decide what they were going to do. She looked down at her phone and continued to watch the images on her screen again.

((Edit: Cause I can't keep my chars strait.))

Edited by evangeline5432

As Diane walked down the street she spotted Nitro a little ahead. It didn't look as if she had seen her as Nitro walked straight on and into the next street. Diane stopped where she was and turned to look into the shop window next to her. Nitro had indicated before that she supported Kira. She had even wondered if they took requests.

Thinking it over a little more Diane finally decided to chance it. She had to start somewhere and perhaps as things went on she'd find a better way.

"Listen carefully" she whispered to the Death God as she reached into her bag. "This is what I need you to do."

~~~

A short while later the Death God moved unseen towards where Nitro was sitting. Looking at her he noticed how close her feet were to the bench leg. Better make sure she didn't run off before they could talk.

He sank down into the pavement behind Nitro and from underneath gently undid her shoe laces and then tied them together around the bench leg. If she tried to leave she wouldn't get far.

Rising back up to street level the Death God took the crumpled sheet of the Death Note out of his mouth and walked around behind Nitro. Grinning to himself he rolled the paper into a ball and then holding his arm high above her, dropped the page of Death Note into Nitro's lap.

(("Angelina felt annoyed..." you mean Krystal, right? tongue.gif ))

Sono placed his head in his hands.

"I don't know...that's not very likely." his words came out muffled. He paused for a minute before taking his hands away from his face. "I guess I could...ask them a favour. Maybe..." he looked around and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Maybe even pay them, kind of like a hitman." he gave another look to make sure no-one heard him. With that, he leant back into his seat. "Why? What would you do?"

~

Nas stared at the two as they spoke to him. He even raised an eyebrow at the way the girl said "Sam". Yes, he was going to have some fun with her...

"Well," he announced as he stood up. "Let's find that teacher then. I want to question them...but...not in the way you might be thinking of." he flicked the hair out of his face. "Okay. Well as we know, a fire alarm was pulled. So, you," he pointed at the man. "go investigate any alarms you can find, search for prints, witnesses, whatever." he sniffed. "You," he pointed at Krystal. "Come with me, we'll go track down this teacher. And at the same time, maybe I can find out what you're capable of...

((The case of the mixed up chars. I am surprised I don't do it more. xd.png))

Alex look around calmly, once she was sure that no one could hear them she answered Sono's question.

"I suppose offer to help them like my mom did...and find out who killed my dad..." she shrugged and took another sip of her drink.

"Don't suppose you would recognize the person who said she-who-shall-not-be-named- ((tongue.gif)) the name if you saw them again?"

~

Jared raised a eyebrow but didn't say anything. He simply nodded.

Krystal looked at her father then to Nas. She locked her phone and stuck into her pocket.

"Lead the way." She opened the door and walked out, hesitating so Nas could take the lead.

"Good luck." Jared said with amused smile, he wasn't taking about the case.

((Death gods don't have finger prints do they? tongue.gif))

((Didn't think so. Blergh, I just needed to get rid of Jared...))

Sono shrugged.

"Yeah, maybe..." he yawned. He contemplated what Alex just said...her father was murdered and her mother seemed to have joined in something that must have been like a mob...but with Kira...Sono leant back.

"Well. Maybe we should go then?" he asked, before realising that they could bump into Tom and Meg again. Wouldn't that be great...

~

Nas strode out of the door and took a few steps before leaning up against the wall. He stared at the girl, deciding whether or not to take a chance with her. It would be the only way to find out if she's good or not...but at the same time, he risked his own personal safety. He finally decided to speak up.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" he tilted his head to the side, wondering if she was going to say the right thing. Would she come straight out with it, or would he have to work with her a little? Whatever the case, if and when she finds out, she better not tell anyone...that would be another test...

Elizabeth flopped down onto her couch, she knew it was still early but she didn't feel like waiting for Diane any longer. She thought of calling her but decided she might be a nuisance if she did so. Aero sat down, staring at his master as she breathed quietly into the air around her, the TV droning about the weather for the week.

((If ya had want to get rid of Jared just tell me. I can send him back to the house. tongue.gif

Oi Fort, have Gwen run into Sono and Alex?))

"Why did I just tell him that..." Alex sighed and thought about what Sono had said. "What favor do you have to ask...?"

"Go where exactly?" She stood up and drank the last of her coffee.

~

Krystal stopped and met Nas's gaze.

"I have my suspicions, but I don't know for certain, and I don't ask or want you to tell me who you are if you don't trust me." She stepped aside to get out of a somebodies way as they walked past then looked back at Nas.

((*Pokes Spirit*

Diane is just standing around at the moment, window shopping. She can't move too far from the Death God, so they can bump into her if you like Vang.))

Nitro sat in silence, feeling the wind blow through her hair. Not before long she closed her eyes and felt relaxed but just as she sank into laziness she felt something dropping on her lap. She then quickly opened her eyes and saw a rolled up piece of paper on her lap.

Looking around she took the piece of paper and opened it but nothing was written on it. With a sudden an eerie feeling came over Nitro. She could sense something was behind her but was slightly scared to look around.

Gathering up her courage Nitro then took a deep breath and turned around only the see a rather large creature behind her. With a fright she jumped trying to get way only to fall face down on the ground. She then looked at her shoes and saw they were tied up. Nitro knew she wasn’t that bright to tie her own shoes together. Trying to make her escape she crawled towards a tree and hid behind it closing her eyes.

“It’s just your imagination. It’s just your imagination.” she whispered to herself.