Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

"A lot of people died" said Diane gently. "Not just the man that killed your parents. Kira was targeting killers right? Then it would make sense that that man was killed by them."

She was looking at Liz as if she thought the girl had lost a few of her marbles. It was a good thing Diane was a good actress and didn't betray what she was really thinking.

"As for me being jumpy, I apologise for that. I haven't been sleeping well due to spending a lot of nights working on my coursework. I've had to restart it several times."

Elizabeth was now getting frustrated. She knew Diane just had to be Kira. She thought long and hard about it for a few moments, wondering how she could breakthrough, "Diane," She sighed, "Please tell me whether or not you're Kira..? If you are, I'm absolutely no threat to you! I'll support you all the way in anyway that I can!" Elizabeth folded and unfolded her hands on her lap, "That man who killed my family... Kira killed him! I owe everything to Kira! I'd risk my own life to save Kira! Kira... Kira's a wonderful person! What Kia's doing isn't wrong! It's totally justified!" She remember a program she watched about Kira saying that Kira worshipers would obviously go to Hell, "So what if I'm sent to Hell... At least I'd die knowing I paid my dues..."

"Calm down" snapped Diane. "I am not Kira!"

And as far as you are concerned it is going to stay that way. You may be loyal to Kira's ideals, but you're too excitable. That makes you unreliable.

"Listen" she said outloud. "I understand that you are happy that the man who took your family away has been served justice, but this is no way to behave. You are all that remains of your family. Why do you speak of throwing your life away so easily?"

Elizabeth shrunk back at the sudden outburst from the usually calm Diane. She sighed as Diane's tone softened a little, "I have nothing to live for... My family's dead, Diane. All I have left is my grandmother! I can't even live by my own name because of that damn murderer! Taking care of myself is too hard when I couple it with getting a scholarship and attending a good college... It's all too hard!"

Nitro walked slowly back to her apartment thinking on what happened. It slightly freaked her out that there was such a thing as a Death God but she was excited to, to be a part of creating a better world. Once se reached the apartment she quickly placed her stuff on the kitchen table and walked towards where there television was. Switching it on she channel hopped to the news channel and waited patiently to see if what she wrote will come true. Edited by DragonSpirit009

"Don't be so foolish" said Diane. "Life is hard for everyone. And if your murderer is gone, what have you got to be afraid of? You are not the only one without a family either. That doesn't mean you should throw away your future."

Tears formed behind Elizabeth's eyes, "You don't understand..." She muttered, "I don't want to live! I just want to die as soon as possible! But... But I'm too scared to do it myself. I just want to repay Kira before I die... Before I take my own life, Diane..."

Diane reached out and slapped Liz hard across the face. Angry she stood up and glared down at the younger girl.

"You stupid, stupid girl! How dare you treat your life as something to carelessly throw away. I'm ashamed of you. You wish to kill yourself just because you have grown tired of life? Imagine how your family would react if they could hear you now. You dishonor them."

Elizabeth's head turned on impact and sat there, seemingly unaffected as her cheek slightly turned red. She clutched her fist as the tears threatened her, her body shook, "So what if I dishonor them!? I'll never see them again and they'll never see me! They can't see this world, Diane! They're dead! Heaven or Hell we all meet the same end! I don't believe in the other side! I don't believe in Heaven nor Hell! All of it... It's all complete lies!" Tears streaked down her face, "I've lost everything! My mother, my father, and my little brother!" Her yelling toned down to crying as Aero grew frightened by the loud voices. He whimpered and laid down on his bed.

"Again you speak nothing but senseless nonsense" said Diane coldly. "You have your life, and what you could do with it, but you choose to wallow in self pity and ignorance. If you ever did meet Kira, they would must likely kill you out of disgust. One who does not recognise the value of life is no better than a murderer."

She turned around and stormed over to the door of Liz's apartment, followed closely by the sniggering Death God. While Liz had done nothing but enrage Diane, he had found the whole quite amusing. Diane wretched open the door and stepped through it, slamming it behind her as she marched towards the stairs and down them.

Nitro sat on her couch patiently and watched the news. She felt half eager to know if the death god spoke the truth and feeling half stupid that such things would exist in this world. Soon Nitro heard the woman’s name on the television. She listened closely on what the announcer was saying.

“The women who killed her nine year old nephew because of inheritance money were found dead at a local parking garage on top of her own car. The crime looked like suicide said the police but nothing has been further conformed.” spoke the news anchor on the television.

Nitro then switched of the television and sat to think a while. Her mind was buzzing because what the death god said came true. She sat the whole time thinking and planning.

By the time Diane had reached her apartment she had cooled down a bit, but was still annoyed. Stupid girl. Claimed she wanted to help but had no idea what Kira wanted to achieve.

The Death God had remained silent the entire trip home, not wanting to antagonize her any further, but was inside the safety of the apartment he tried to break the tension.

"Why don't we switch on the TV? Maybe Nitro's killing will be on?"

Diane remained silent but nodded in agreement. The Death God clambered over the couch and over to the television to hit the power button. He flipped through the channels until he found the news. It seems he had been right, the death of the woman had reached the media already. Although some people were wondering if it was a suicide there was one brief moment where someone asked if Kira had been involved.

"What do you think Nitro is doing now?" he asked turning back to look at Diane, who was now standing by the window and looking out at the street.

"I don't know. Hopefully she will have seen this and is now having a good hard think."

"You think she'll kill again?"

"I hope so. It may be an idea to increase the size of our little circle though. Throw the police a little further off my scent."

The Death God climbed onto the back of the couch and scratched his leg.

"Got anyone in mind?"

"Sort of. While you were talking to Nitro I met a couple of interesting teenagers. I think there are a few people out there who actually get what I am trying to do. I just have to find them."

Elizabeth laid down with a sigh and Aero rested his head on hr stomach, comforting her, "Not Kira my ass, Diane..." She muttered. Elizabeth knew she had to be right, but she had no way of proving it to anyone. She clicked the TV on and watched the news, hoping for some more Kira killings to be made public, "Maybe I'll get more evidence on Diane if I just pay attention.. Or follow her or something..."

((I'm going to call a day change soon. It will be a Sunday so there will be no school or university.))

Nitro continued to sit and think the situation she was in while keeping an eye on her bag which held the piece of death note paper. It was almost midnight when she went to bed.

“First things first.” She spoke to herself as she lay in bed. With that she fell asleep with her plan playing threw her mind.

((What should I do? xd.png

Can someone please stamp on Ears for me?? dry.gif))

((I haven't seen or heard from Ears for a bit, although they did say they would have troube RPing for a bit. Maybe they can't get to a computer at the moment?

Just have your character go to bed (or whatever) Vang.))

As Alex watched the woman walk away, she went deep into thought. Sono's voice snapped her out of it, and she sighed. "Tomorrow is another school day. Oh joy..." she groaned. Going back to the orphanage was far from what she wanted to do, but if she didn't show up on a Saturday night, they would notice...if someone hadn't already... "I can't. They usually take a "roll call" on Sunday morning." she shrugged. Night was not far away, she needed to hurry.

"I'll see you tomorrow! Thanks for the day Sono. It was fun." she smile and ran off. Just as she reached one of the alley ways she stopped, turned, and waved at the boy before ducking into the shadows cast by a setting sun.

((Edited for Alex. Shall I move on with Krystal? If we have a day change, Ears and me can just RP in PM the bit that Krystal and Nas skipped...?))

Alex ran as fast as she could down the street. It was getting dark and this wasn't the most ideal place to be after the sun went down. Finally she arrived in front of the orphanage. Alex cursed, she had gotten back a bit later then she wanted...she had just missed curfew. The girl paused and started to scan the windows. It took her a couple moments but she spotted the necklace hanging in the far right window that was located on the second floor. The necklace was passed around to someone different every week or so and was hung in the said person's window. It basically meant whoever stayed in that room was in charge of letting the other kids know if it was safe to sneak into the building. In the fadding light she could just make out one yellow rope tying back the right curtain, on the left, a green rope. Glad she could enter through the back door to make it saftly to her room, Alex ran around the building and sure enough made it inside without much noise. She made it to her room, careful not to wake her roommates. Quickly, she got ready for bed then slipped into her bottom bunk. Soon she was asleep...

Edited by evangeline5432

((Day change!

I can't make a proper post at the moment, but feel free to go ahead everyone else.

It's a Sunday, so there is no school or university.))

((Hey, Fortune, you never posted my form on the first post, but you said it was approved. Looks like Ears isn't going to be here any time soon, so I'd like to just start with Kristen/Holly. Should I just start playing her, or should I wait?))

Nitro woke up with a sudden fright gulping air. Her dream was a bit more intense than usual but she quickly shook her head to get rid of the dream in her mind. She sat in silence for a while, thinking on what happened the day before. Getting out of bed she went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. An eerie silence was around her and she hated it but she need to continue with her plan. Once she finished making her coffee she went to stand by the window, drinking it slowly and looking out at the streets below.