Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

"Suspect? Computer?"

The Death God looked at the three of them. None of them looked liked policemen, except maybe the older looking male, but this couldn't be a coincidence.

Not wasting any time the Death God sank through the wall and hurried back to Diane. Pulling himself up through the floor beside her he edged close and whispered in her ear.

Diane's hands froze and she stared in horror at the sewing machine in front of her. She had expected the police to track the computer she had used eventually, but this was a lot faster than she had anticipated.

There is no need to panic she thought. They have no evidence I was in the computer lab, there are no prints and no DNA evidence. Nobody knows I was in there...except Nitro.

"I need you to do me a favour" she whispered starting her work again.

"What?"

"There's a fire alarm in the corridor. Set it off."

The Death God nodded and slunk away.

((I thought you were inactive D:

*goes and sits in dunce corner*

Blame Ears! I asked them to confirm the list of active people!

If you PM me your form/s again I'll re-add you.))

((Fort. Astro was interacting with my char a day or so ago. rolleyes.gif ))

She saw Sono start to clam down and she answered his question.

"Ever seen the underground cities? I hear they are interesting." She said glancing out the window. They were sill pretty high up so they still had awhile to decide.

~

Jared and Krystal followed the man. She let someone pass and waited til everyone was out of earshot before speaking up.

"Surely there is a main computer that keeps tabs on everything?" She asked in a low voice.

"As for staying together... I stick out like a sore thumb. It would probably be better if I checked the universities surveillance while you two search the building. You two will blend in with this crowd better then I ever will." Her father said in a equally low tone.

(hey not to rush but i'm kinda stalling a lot. so don't mark me as inactive because i'm just waiting xd.png0

((Can you whip up a new one?))

The Death God made his way out into the corridor. No one was around, which was just as well. Even if he didn't have finger prints of DNA, the sight of the fire alarm activating on its own may have caused comment. He reached up with one giant hand and activated the alarm.

Mere seconds later the University was filled with the sound of its ringing. Students and staff alike started to drift towards the exits. In Diane's classroom a few people including herself shoved all of their stuff into bags before leaving. It wasn't what you were supposed to do, but nobody wanted their work to burn or get lost.

As Diane made her way to the door she accidentally on purpose bumped into another student. She apologised and received their forgiveness. Now she had an alibi for when the alarm went off.

The Death God crawled across the roof above her as Diane made her way through the corridor, down the stairs and through the main foyer. Once she was outside she started to look around for Nitro.

((I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry Astro DDDDDDDx))

"The underground cities? Sono paused for a while before continuing. "I don't think I have seen them before..." he turned to Tom, hoping that he wouldn't stir up any more annoyance. "You been there before?"

"A couple times. They're nice, shops 'n' stuff are everywhere." he replied, but Tom couldn't even hide a sly smile that spread across his face. "They're still open for a little while yet." Sono scratched his chin, it would be a nice place to go. He'd need to find out where they were first.

"Oh my, look at the view." Meg chimed in. Sono stared out the window and smirked. He could see a long way out, and even the skyscrapers were looking much less overpowering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nas tilted his head to the side as Jared spoke. It was a good plan, he would look more like a teacher, but he would look suspicious snooping around the surveillance rooms. And the girl made a good point, too.

"Alright then. Let's--" he was cut off by ringing and alarms. It wasn't long until the room was flooded with students all making their way to the exit. Nas was sceptical of an actual fire happening, but he followed suit in case there really was one. He pulled Jared close to him.

"This is far too coincidental, don't you think?" he sighed. "We'll have to check it out afterwards."

Nitro worked happily on her work when she heard the fire alarm go off. “NO!” she called out in frustration. She was in the groove with her work and now she was bothered again. Deciding to quickly pack up her stuff Nitro swung her bag over her shoulder and made her way towards the exit with the rest of the students. Mumbling in anger Nitro reached the outside of the university where she turned around to have a look at where the fire was but didn’t see any. “This better not be a prank by some idiot.” she said out loud.

Diane could hear fire truck sirens in the distance, but she didn't care about them right now. What mattered was finding and getting to Nitro. After a few minutes of searching she finally spotted her in the crowd.

Sighing in relief that she hadn't missed her Diane pushed her way through the students and to the girl's side.

"Hello Nitro" she said. "You think it's a test or something? I don't see any smoke."

Hearing her name Nitro turned around and saw Diane. When Diane asked her what she thinks Nitro turned to look at the crowd. “I don’t think it’s a test.” She said pointing at some of the teachers on the side. “They seem just as confused as we are. If it was a test they wouldn’t look so curious and worried and they would have known about it.”

Nitro looked back at Diane and sighed. “Just as well we can go home now. There will be continues chatter about it and most probably an investigation. We just have to report to our teachers and let them know if we decide to go.” she said.

Diane turned around in the direction Nitro had indicated. Sure enough several teachers were grouped together and talking. They looked just as confused as many of the students.

"My teacher doesn't come in at weekends" said Diane looking back at Nitro. Which was just as well, meaning that there was one less person for her to worry about. Checking her watch she saw that she had plenty of time before she was due to meet Liz.

"Why don't we go and get some coffee? It's a nice day. We probably shouldn't waste it indoors."

Edited by Fortune86

“Sounds like an idea Diane, just give me a sec.” said Nitro already moving towards where the teacher was. As she approached them she saw her teacher and just wave at him given him a good bye sign. Nitro then made her way back to where Diane was. “Now we can go.” she said with a smile.

When Nitro returned and said they could go Diane smiled. It wasn't that she was happy that Nitro accepted her invitation, but because she was able to safely get her away from the computer room.

"There's a small coffee place not far from here" she said. "It'll only take us a couple of minutes to get there. Not many people know about it so it'll be fairly quiet. We can sit on the patio for a bit if you like. It has a great view of the river."

As the two of them started to walk away, followed closely by the Death God, Diane caught a glimpse of 'the cake thief' through a gap in the students before it closed up. Hopefully he and his comrades would lurk around the University a bit longer.

“Sounds good.” said Nitro starting to walk with Diane. Moving away from the university she quickly looked around to see if any flames or smoke emerged out to the building and as she guessed nothing. Walking in silence for a bit Nitro looked at Diane and wondered what she thought about what happened. “Do you think it was a prank? The setting off of the fire alarm.” she asked.

"Well if there is no fire and it isn't a drill, I suppose it would have to be" replied Diane. She sighed and gave her head a little shake. "People can be so juvenile."

Behind them and unheard and unseen by anyone except Diane the Death God sniggered. Lying seemed to come so easily to Diane, something he had wondered about when he first noticed her. Back then she had been too full of anger to consider manipulating people. Despite what she had said, killing her sister's rapist had changed her.

After leaving the campus Diane directed Nitro down the street and then into a little side alley. The coffee shop was at the far end. A high brick wall ran between it and the shop on the other side, a small charity for the elderly.

"Here" said Diane opening the door for Nitro. "There's a menu above the counter."

Elizabeth glanced down the sidewalk, spotting Diane and Nitro entering a small shop. Much to Elizabeth's disappointment, it was in the public and Diane was with someone else. However, the younger girl still proceeded to make her way down the street towards the two girls, her shopping bag hitting lightly against her upper thigh.

Alex was thinking more of the off the beaten path underground cities. She knew a few places where people lived sometime, mostly those who really didn't have a home. She had stayed there a few times....

"Sounds like a good idea to me." She said then looked in the direction the others were.

~

"I highly doubt there is a fire.... More likely we spooked someone which means that they know we are here." He said looking worried. He took out a hand held device that looked something like a modified iphone.

"Should make it more dangerous for us." Krystal commented and her father nodded. After a few seconds of looking at the screen her father reported as they had suspected.

"If there is a fire it's invisible to the heat sensors..." He looked at the two. No one could hear their conversation over all the noise yet he still keep his voice down so only the they could hear.

"Our move."

“Thanks.” said Nitro looking up at the menu while walking in the shop. She scanned it and saw a few interesting one’s but she wasn’t sure if she wanted to be adventurous today. Looking around in the small room she saw a few people al relaxed and not worrying much about other people.

“Hmm, I have no idea what I’m in the mood for. Which of these is any good Diane?” spoke Nitro.

"I normally just get a latte" explained Diane. "But today I might have a change."

She glanced up at the board and studied it for a few moments.

"Strawberry mocha? That's new."

She turned to look at Nitro.

"Want to join me?"

Elizabeth pranced into the cafe and approached Diane and Nitro, "Hey, you guys are out kind of early on a University day." She began, "What are you out so early for?" Elizabeth brushed her hand through her long blonde hair a few times, trying to fix any knots that had formed in the strands.

Damn thought Diane as Liz suddenly appeared and approached the two of them. Now I won't be able to talk with Nitro.

Nonetheless Diane waved her hand in welcome. She'd have to put her plan on hold for now.

Sono yawned. "Then again, I have no idea where they are, maybe we should do something closer to here first." He turned to look at Tom and Meg, who were both trying to contain their laughter. "Are you two gonna follow us around then?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Depends on where you're going." Tom replied. "Us two are going to into town. Where are you going?"

"I dunno, what do you wanna do Alex?" Sono asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So there's no fire." Nas tilted his head to the side and stared at the building. Fire engines had arrived and firefighters were rushing in and out of the building, baffled. "Well. This helps us, actually." he was careful to keep his voice down. "Either this is an oddly-timed prank, or," he glanced at Jared. "more likely, someone got 'spooked'. I'm guessing there was some role, or check-in list that could tell us who was there at the time, and I also want to know if there are security cameras. More importantly, one that was aimed at the fire alarm. See if we can get at least one of those." he nodded and turned around to see if he could find anyone in charge of the university.

((I don't know what Universitys are like in most countries, but where I live (North of England) they usually don't have security cameras in every corridor. In my local University they have them at the entances/exits and in the main foyer.))

((Same here in our country... We only had security camera's in that main foyer and off course where the money was))