Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

“It does sound promising” said Nitro taking a sip of her coffee before she continued. “Lest just hope this Kira is doing it for a greater good and not suddenly deciding to kill innocent people.”

Nitro looked out on the river and discovered that she would like to find Kira herself and ask a favor.

“Do you think Kira would take requests.” she said to Liz smiling.

Elizabeth stared into her mocha thoughtfully, "I don't think Kira needs requests. Eventually, Kira will obliterate all criminals from existence... Kira... Kira doesn't need requests." She sighed, then yawned quietly. She never was a girl to make much noise. Elizabeth adjusting her seat once more to the swans. Elizabeth envied the swans. They knew no sin. However... There was that story of the King... The selfish one who forced the swan into a human. Swans... They carried the burden of sorrow. Never happy.

Krystal glanced back at Nas.

"No." She said simply, studying his face. "I trust him as much as he trusts me." She thought.

"I have four computers left to check if you'll excuse me." She said her tone nonchalant. Gently brushing past him, she glanced over to see her dad enter the room. She gave him a why-did-you-leave-me-alone-with-this-guy look(which Nas couldn't see since she was facing away from him) before going to one of the remaining computers. She leaned over and started typing away, quickly breaking through the password and checking the IP. After deleting the evidence of her ever being on, she moved to another system as her dad spoke up.

"I got the files." He said tossing a sanddisk to Nas.

~

"Sono. Can you run?" She asked as soon as they got out of ear shot of Tom and Meg.

"We can disappear into the crowd and never see those two again." She said hopefully.

((Ears or Fort, would Sono and Alex be anywhere near the dinner? tongue.gif))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Yeah I was leading them there))

Nas, not even blinking, stuck a hand in the air and caught the sanddisk.

"Ahh, good. We'll look over these later." He shoved it in his pocket and drummed his fingers on his leg. He really needed to get moving, and being stuck at the computers would not help him...

"Wait...Jared, you keep on looking for the IP. Once you find the right one, start looking for evidence or anything that would help us catch who did it. You," he whirled around to face the girl again. "I need you to come with me. Well sorta. I'll explain on the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea..." he laughed. At least they would be away from them for a while. He rubbed at his temples, those two sure could give him a headache. He needed something to relax him a little. And something to fill his empty stomach. "C'mon, let's try this place." he murmured. He walked through the door of some small coffee shop that was buzzing with voices in the air. "You hungry? What do you want?"

((You reading my mind? tongue.gif I thought only her Evil Majesty could do that. rolleyes.gif ))

Krystal finished searching the last few computers with no luck. She looked at her father after hearing what Nas said. Her father didn't say anything. His expression revealed nothing but she knew he was thinking. After a few seconds he spoke up.

"Alright then. Meet you two back at....?" He let the question hang giving Sam the choice of a meeting place. Krystal gave her dad an annoyed look. "Why is he giving the benefit of the doubt to this guy?" she thought.

She started to walk out of the room brushing past her dad. She waited at the entrance of the room for Sam/Nas.

~

Alex walked into the coffee shop looking over her shoulder. She didn't see Tom and Meg anywhere near and breathed a quiet sigh of relief.

"I dunno. Suppose I will just get a frappuccino since it is a coffee shop. This time, it's on me." She told him.

When Demos hurried to his apartment upstairs to finish packing Diane made a phone call. Luke wasn't entirely happy with her for the short notice, but he understood the situation.

After putting her cell phone away again Diane entered the shop floor. Because of all the flowers it always smelled very sweet in here. A large sunflower caught her eye and Diane walked over to it. They had been Hannah's favourite flower.

"Can I have the muffins now?"

Diane sighed, but nodded. The Death God gave a small 'yipee' and vanished into the backroom where she had left her bag. She was going to need the higher pay just to feed his habit.

((Anything she can do, I can do better...

<.<

>.>

*Runs away*))

"I guess we should meet back where we came in. Make sure you get evidence, it would really help this case right about now." Nas adjusted the dark sunglasses that contrasted with his light hair. He spun around to face the girl. "Come on." he walked straight past her and continued down the hall, expecting her to follow. "So," he announced, "I found out that each individual class has its own role, which means that we are going to have to gather the names of each person here at the time in each class." he dug his hand into his pocket and he pulled out a small, black object that looked like a paper-clip. "This thing clips on your sleeve or a wristband." he was careful to keep his voice low. "It has a tiny camera in it and it takes a photo every time you put pressure on it, like when you flex your wrist. Take it, then go to a class, take a picture of all the names on the role, then say that you've 'got the wrong class' and move on to another one. Can you do that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's on you, huh?" Sono raised his eyebrows. He didn't mean to be offensive, but would someone like...her...have money to buy stuff like this? "Alright...well I might get a chicken pie then. You sure you don't want something to eat?" he looked around, then closed his eyes. They snapped open again as he heard the word "Kira". He tried to look calm, maybe he misheard them, maybe they said...uhh..."clear rum"?

((I keep searching but I can't seem to find which room Fort's char was in when she used THE computer.))

Krystal followed Sam, walking a little faster to keep up with him so she could hear what he said. "Are you hiding your name from us?" She almost said aloud but decided it best to give a simple reply.

"Yes." She took the device and put it on as Nas had directed.

"People call me Krystal by the way." Her phone buzzed and she took it out.

She hid a smile when she saw the file her dad had sent her.

"Will you be doing the same or am I free to enter any room without wondering if you have already been there?" She asked curiously putting her phone back in her pocket.

~

Alex didn't hear the word Kira so she looked at Sono with slight confusion.

"What is it?" She asked in a hushed tone as she walked to the register

((I assume there is one rolleyes.gif)) and looked for someone to whom she could give her food order.

~

After sending the file to his daughter (for security purposes) Jared went into the classrooms that were empty and searched those computers.

When he came out of searching the fifth (or was it the sixth) room he had still found nothing. He looked up the schematics and decided to check a nearby room that had a few computers in it.

((I swear. I know how to spell...I think. rolleyes.gif ))

Edited by evangeline5432

((What do you mean Vang?))

As Demos was leaving it was closing time for the flower boutique anyway. The down of them shut down shop, exchanged keys and telephone numbers and said their goodbyes. Demos thanked Diane again and then raced off in his sports car. Diane watched him go as the Death God munched muffins on the street light above her.

"What now?" asked the Death God.

Diane thought for a few moments before answering. She still needed to talk to Nitro without anyone else being around. Perhaps if she could find out where she lived?

Edited by Fortune86

((I think she means she doesn't know the room that Diane used the computer in, given that the uni probably has more than one computer room...))

"Hmm..." Nas frowned. He hadn't thought about that part. "What if you do every class on this floor and the one above it. I'll do floors 3 and 4. That way we should get everything done, Krystal." he smirked as he realised she said "people call me Krystal", and not "my name is Krystal." Maybe this girl was smarter than he thought. His head jerked to the side as someone walked past. "If anyone asks," he whispered. "you're my little sister." he chuckled to himself. "Alright, let's get going." he ruffled her hair and walked over to the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I--" Sono stopped mid-sentence, realising that the mention of "Kira" could upset Alex, given her situation. He didn't really understand, but it would be best to avoid it...maybe. "Nah, don't worry." His eyes darted to the corner where he thought he heard the word. He sighed, he didn't sound very convincing to her. Well...maybe it would be better if they did find out something about...

No! Sono was getting ahead of himself. They might have said something else, and even if they did say something about "Kira", it could just be some mindless opinion or a story...

((SORRY SORRY… Things are a bit out of hand here and there are some personal issues. I’ll try to be more here now))

Nitro rested back in her seat and slowly started to drink the rest of her coffee thing. She was thinking of the conversation she had with Diane earlier when Nitro remembered that Diane seemed to be zoning out every now and then. As if she was continuously thinking about something else. Maybe Liz can clarify for her thought Nitro to herself.

“Tell me Liz. You know Diane a lot longer than me. Does she usually zone out? Like her mind was somewhere else?” she asked Liz.

"Huh? Diane's spacey?" Elizabeth clarified, "Um, not really. I don't think I've seen her space out too much. Maybe once or twice but not so much that it's a problem. At work she's always running around working." Elizabeth shook her cup in twirling motion.

((I think she means she doesn't know the room that Diane used the computer in, given that the uni probably has more than one computer room...))

((And Bingo was his name. tongue.gif))

Krystal gave Nas an annoyed look. She sighed and muttered under her breath, "Righttttt." She quickly brushed her hair out of her face then turned to go into the first classroom nearest to her. No on was in the room right then so it was quick. The next room she had to pretend one of her "friends" had lost her phone when the teacher asked why she was there. She barely just managed to get the picture before she was told nothing had been found. She went to a few other rooms, quite a few were empty so those were easy going. She had to use the "I'm so sorry. I must have gotten the wrong classroom" and "My friend lost something" lines a few more times then she would have liked to. Finally she finished and headed to the 2cd floor.

~

Alex could tell Sono was lying. She look slightly disappointed but shrugged and didn't press him for whatever it was. She walked to the counter and saw how much the chicken pie and the coffee could cost. Alex took out exactly the amount of money it would cost.

"Wonder who I order the food from..."

((Alex would actually probably want to meet Kira, Ears. tongue.gif

Righty-who. Is the char Alex orders from going to be a NPC or...? rolleyes.gif ))

((I know, but Sono doesn't! o3o

Any yeah, probably just some NPC. Right, Fort?))

Nas immediately headed to the third floor where he could get to work. It felt good in an odd sort of way. He would usually be stuck behind a desk or in a dark room with paperwork and a laptop, but running around--with other people--seemed thrilling to him. Maybe this 'Kira' case would be fun...sort of like a game. He stopped. A game? he told himself. This isn't a stupid game, people are dying. People will continue to die if you don't take this seriously. You aren't a kid anymore, do your job! Nas swallowed and hung his head. I wonder how 'L' felt about all this... he made his way in and out of each class, claiming that he "got the wrong one", or "I thought this was design", or "has anyone seen my bag?" He couldn't help but smile, but he kept reminding himself that this wasn't a game. He continued to scan the fourth floor, snapping pictures of the names, then headed back down to the bottom floor and waited in front of the stairs for Krystal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Umm..." Sono didn't really hear what Alex said, he was too busy rubbing his head and searching for where the sound came from. "Yeah, just...over there?" he pointed nervously to a register in the corner. He glanced to a table before looking back at Alex again. He cursed at himself mentally. He was so bad at lying...and freaking out like this would definitely make her curious...should...should I tell her?

((An NPC is fine.

I'm not going to move Diane until Liz & Nitro have spilt up.))

((Fort. What room did Diane use that computer?))

Krystal finally finished the floor. She slipped out of the last room keeping her head down and walking like she belonged there. Finally she got to the bottom floor and headed over to Sam.

"We might want to go meet up with my dad. He found it."

~

Alex ordered their food, paid and a few minutes later she had the food in hand. She handed the pie to Sono and headed for a booth. She saw his expression.

"We have really got to work on your abilities to lie." Alex said shaking her head in disbelief.

((Nitro's classroom. A general computer room. You won't find anything there though.))

Nitro took a sip of her drink and thought a bit before she spoke.

“Maybe spacey isn’t the word. Distracted is more what I meant, as if she at times watches over her shoulder looking at something.”

Nitro just shook her head and looked back at the river. “Forget what I’m saying. I’m just seeing things.”

Nitro then quickly finished her drink and placed the cup on the table and trying to think what to talk about.

“So do you and Diane invite each other for dinner a lot?”

"Well, i think I've caught her doing that once or twice..." Elizabeth answered. Then as Nitro switched topics, Elizabeth took a sip, gulping half of the remaining drink down then set it on the table, "I don't think I've ever seen Diane's home and vice versa. We haven't known each other that long... But I've been trying lately to arrange a time for her to come by. It gets lonely, you know? Except for my dog, of course, he's a real charmer." Elizabeth growled at the accent hanging in the air thickly as she spoke, "Please pardon my obnoxious accent, can't figure out how to get rid of that thing."

((and no that wasn't me being racist against French accents))

Laughing slight Nitro just shook her head. “It’s ok. I understand both the language and the lone part.” She then rested back in her chair thinking that she should get a pet or something to break her loneliness. “If you ever want to a dog sitter I’m available.” she said to Liz smiling.

Nitro looked at her watch and notice some time has passed. Luckily she wasn’t planning to go back to the university so she can hang out a bit longer but she actually need to go buy some CD’s so that she can make a few back up of her projects.

“I’ll be going soon. I hope you don’t mind?” Nitro asked Liz.

((Nitro's classroom. A general computer room. You won't find anything there though.))

((As in?? tongue.gif Meaning what won't they find?))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Dont know... pick a floor xd.png

Its in the Graphic Designing class))

Elizabeth smiled back, "A dog sitter might be useful. But I don't really travel much since I have no family back home anymore." Standing she sighed, "Actually, I should apologize but I really must be going for now. I've left Aerodysis home for quite some time, he gets lonely after a bit." She finished her drink and dropped it into a nearby trash bin, and buttoned up her jacket.