Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

“If there is a new Kira I hope he/she takes requests.” spoke Nitro with a cold tone of voice. She then looked at her watch noticing it’s was almost time to get going before class would start. “Listen I will see you around. My class will begin soon and I’m not in the mood for a speech from the teach.” she said while standing up.

"Yes" said Diane also standing up. "I also must get a move on. Goodbye."

She gave Nitro a short nod of the head and then left the cafeteria. When they were alone in a corridor leading up to the textile rooms she spoke to the Death God.

"It's strange."

"What is?"

"How everyone I meet seems to have a good opinion of Kira. Nobody seems to be questioning their motives. For all they know Kira could be killing people because the little yellow pixies are telling them too. How can they put so much trust in someone they know nothing about?"

"Maybe because they know nothing about them?"

"Hmm."

They didn't speak again until Diane reached the textile room. She could see through the glass in the door that some more people had arrived. The TV was now showing a cookery program.

"Regardless. People seem to want Kira" Diane said mostly to herself. "Perhaps I should give them what they want."

"Ah, alright then. Have a good day Krystal." He said and smiled at her. He turned around and finished shopping then went home after paying for them. At home; he put the food in the kitchen, went to his bed and flopped onto it. He closed his eyes and for once; was grateful he didn't have to work.

((Hi folks. I'm back, so if someone gives me a recap of what happened so far, I can start RP'ing with my character.))

((I think that Diane decided to kill 100 sriminals at once yesterday and now people are freaking out/thinking that there is a new Kira. The L team has been looking into this and everyon else just kinda chilled. I think that's about it...))

Krystal watched Akira go then hurried to pay for the food. She walked home and went around to the back door. She entered the code into the keypad, pressed her hand down on a hidden scanner and then proceeded to unlock the door with her set of keys.

She walked into the house and put away the groceries she had bought. She then went to get dressed in something that would make her pass for someone older. A few minutes later she met her dad out in the hallway. They both headed outside and got into the car.

((Edit: Younger version of Jared. Jut imagine him a tad older and slight graying hair, not to noticeable.))

Edited by evangeline5432

Elizabeth sighed as she finally left the store with a denim skirt, black beret, and a new pair of cheap earrings. She walked slowly down the sidewalk, it was now about an hour past noon and she was starving. However, she hadn't felt like eating. Anticipation of a call from Diane stirred in the back of her mind, haunting her with every step she took. The confusion was just eating away at her.

((nudges Fort.* Was it a library or school you were at??))

Tom grinned, mocking Alex before turning to Sono.

"Aww, she's cuuuuute, Sono! Man, I didn't think you two would get along so fast! Looks like you still got the moves, huh?" he elbowed Sono in the ribs playfully. If it was possible, Sono's face became even redder.

"Tom..." was all he muttered.

"Aww, look at her, staring at me! Aww she's so cuuuuute!" Tom pointed at Alex and kept going on. Sono put a palm to his face and sighed.

"Tom...I swear I'm gonna punch you..." his voice was still quiet. Why couldn't Tom be mature? Just for once it would be nice...

((I feel like making Tom a proper character now...just so he can annoy us...))

Alex looked at Tom hiding a mixture of annoyance and amusement.

"Me staring at you is the least of your worries," she said giving him a mocking smile.

"Besides, Mr Brilliant. We are friends..." Rolling her eyes she continued.

"I would think someone as smart as you would know the difference." She deliberately tripped bringing her foot down on Tom's foot. She calmly took a step back.

"Whoops. So sorry. I must have tripped." Stepping back beside Sono she gave him a amused look.

((O no you don't. She might kill him xd.png heehee jk rolleyes.gif ))

((Diane is at University.))

Diane returned to the seat she had before and began to pull out her things once more, her will to work having returned. The other students in the class were all so engrossed in their own work that she doubted any of them had noticed her arrive, or in the case of the boy from earlier, leave. Not one of them would be able to give an accurate time of her comings and goings.

The cooking program ended and was followed by a comedy show. Several people were drawn to watch it because of the abnormally loud canned laughter and chuckled as the characters engaged in some old fashioned slap stick. After a while only Diane was still focusing on her assignment.

"Why don't you laugh?" asked the Death God.

"I have nothing to laugh at" replied Diane in a whisper as she lifted up a piece of fabric to hide her moving lips. She held the cloth up against the light, as though studying it.

"You never seem to smile much either" complained the Death God. "Do you not have a sense of humour?"

"Not any more."

There was a small moment of silence and then the Death God spoke again.

"Not since your sister died?"

"Yes."

There was another moment of silence.

"That is sad. Humans steal all kinds of things from each other all the time. Lives, gold, innocence. I did not know they could steal joy as well."

"There is nothing that can not be stolen" said Diane in an emotionless whisper. "Such is the world that we live in."

She lowered the cloth and bent foward over the table, hiding her face from the Death God. The Death God knew that Diane no longer felt like talking and remained silent, watching Diane's hands as they moved back and forth under the sewing machine.

Tom raised his eyebrows as Alex's foot came down on his.

"Ohh, you tripped? You clumsy little thing..." he laughed. "Guess you 'adda be more careful, huh?" he lowered himself to her height and ruffled her hair. Sono didn't know what to do, he was just so annoyed. He looked behind him and noticed that the distance to the eye was very short.

"So you just here by yourself then?" he asked Tom, hoping to stop him from mocking them.

"Nah, my sister is around here somewhere." he replied. "You know four people can fit in one of the pods that go around. You wanna--?"

"Go with you?" Sono beat him to the end of his sentance.

"Yeah." Tom raised his eyebrows.

"No. Not a chance." Sono began to laugh. Really? Him? And her? With those two?

"Come onnnnnn!" Tom droned. "It's either us or some randoms." Sono considered riding with strangers than Tom. But they did get to cut most of the line...

"Fine." Sono barked. At least his sister wasn't as bad as him.

Alex didn't respond back to Tom. She really didn't care if he insulted her. When his hand came down on her head she ducked and dodged away from him bushing her hair out of her face and placing the hat back on her head. Alex watched Sono's reaction. This day was going to get interesting...

"Why do I get the feeling that being shot might be better then riding in one of the pods with him and his sister??" She asked so only he could hear with a hint of a teasing tone.

~~

((Should I have Jared and Krystal arrive yet Ear?))

((Yeah why not. I'll have Nas join up once they're there.))

It wasn't long before the cue in front of them dwindled down to only a few people. Eventually, Tom's sister came to join them.

"Hi Sono! Who's this?" She exclaimed in her usual excited tone.

"Uhh...hi Meg. This--"

"This is Sono's giiiirlfriend!" Tom cut him off.

"Ohh...that's so sweet!" Meg looked over Alex.

"Wha--? No! This isn't..." Sono's face rushed up with colour again.

"Isn't your girlfriend? Careful Sono...you might hurt her feelings..." Tom had his mocking tone back in his voice. Sono grunted at him before he realised that it was their turn to go on. He was really starting to have enough of him...

"You all got twenty pounds?" Sono whirled around to find the voice and saw a plump man holding out his hand. He had no idea whether Alex had any money or not...and it would be rude to make her pay for something he was showing her.

"Here, this should cover both of us." he dug in his pocket and gave the money to the man.

"Aww Sono...paying for the date. You're a true gentleman!"

"Tom, shut up!" Sono glared at him. All Meg could do was giggle at the situation. Well, at least they would get to go on the eye. Even if it was with Tom and Meg.

((Ok))

The car pulled into a parking spot at the university. Jared and Krystal got out of the car and walked up to where the entrance was. Jared looked around wondering where the people who were suppose to meet them were.

~

"Dear god help me." She was doing her best to ignore Tom.

Alex dug into her pockets and was about to take out some cash (that she had gotten doing a few hustlers card tricks) when Sono payed for both of them. She sighed as the peanut galley started his jeering again.

"Thanks." she told him with a small smile.

Edited by evangeline5432

((You gotta love Tom...))

"Yeah, don't mention it..." Sono trailed off. They all hopped in the almost-completely-glass pod and the sliding door shut behind them. They were still for a moment before the giant wheel shook into motion and they were carried to the side. They had a good view of the city around them, almost a 360-degree view. Countless buildings and houses gradually came into view as the pod was lifted into the sky. It would have been perfect if it wasn't for Tom...

"Romantic, isn't it?" Tom elbowed Sono in the ribs agian. "Ey, maybe you could put the moves on--"

"Tom! Seriously!" Sono barked in his face. His face was beginning to become red with stress rather than embarressment. A pause hung in the air for a while. "Well..." he turned to face Alex. "it does look nice...what do you think?" A quiet giggle escaped from Meg.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Nas grabbed a pair of sunglasses off his coffee table and slipped them on. They weren't the most fashionable, but they would hide his face a little. Before he left, he also took one of his many fake IDs. Once again, he took a trip down the elevator and casually made his way through the lobby, everyone oblivious to his true identity. Once he was out, he hailed a taxi and ordered the man to take him to the university. Once he was there, he payed the driver and made his way to the entrance where he found a man and what looked to be his daughter.

"You're the detectives?" his voice was quiet, low and methodical, like it always was.

While Diane was busy working on her dress the Death God moved over to the window. They had a pretty good view of the main entrance from here and he could see people come and go. After a few moments a car drew up and a familar face stepped out.

"It's that cake thief" hissed the Death God.

He looked around for something to throw at him. The room was full of sharp and pointy objects. He spotted a pair of scissors on Diane's table and reached for them, but her hand smacked down on top of them and pinned the blades to the table.

"If you start throwing things at people it will attract attention" she whispered to the sewing machine. "Behave."

Annoyed at being denied his revenge the Death God turned back to the window to watch the cake thief. Now he was talking to some other people. Glancing back at the hard working Diane the Death God sank through the floor. He couldn't move far away from her, but if the boy came within range he could easily do something else. Tie his shoe laces together or something.

"It's beautiful." She said with a smile looking out the windows. "Would be better if the peanut gallery would hush."

"It seem familiar..." She said quietly.

"You come here before?" Alex asked Sono ignoring a "Awwww" from Tom.

~~

Jared looked at the men who had just walked up. He recognized him from the description Watari had given him. He knew what name the man normally went by but didn't know if that was what he was going by right now. He nodded and pulled out a ID and badge hiding it so only the newcomer could see it. The name on the ID read "Jared Thompson". He put them back in his pocket before anyone else could see.

"Yes. I am. She's with me." He said referring to his daughter who nodded a greeting to the man, keeping her silence.

"You would be?"

((Ok wait so Nas is at the Uni to investigate about the search that Diane did on the computer?))

((Yes, Spirit))

"Come here? Like, inside the eye?" Sono tilted his head a little. "No, not really--"

"Aww yeah, he totally comes here all the time!" Tom cut him off yet again. "You know, Sono is a real player, he takes all the chicks--"

"TOM!" Sono screamed. He quickly turned to Alex. "Don't believe anything he says. I'd never do that." his words hung in the air a moment while Sono tried to hide a small swallow. He had only taken one other person up here...the one person he would want dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nas smiled as he saw the ID.

"I'm Sam Prine." he flipped out his ID card as well. He probably knew that the man, Jared, knew that the name was a fake, but he felt as though he needed to tell him anyway. "Alright so I heard something about a computer here. Let's go check it out. And try not to cause much of a disturbance, we don't want many people finding...what we find. You follow?" he raised his eyebrows. If what they find does in fact line up with what they already know, then there could be a very large possibility that there is a Kira that is much closer to them than they know.

It startled Alex when Sono raised his voice but she tried not to show it. Deciding to move on, her eyes flickered at Tom giving him a disapprovingly look. Moving her gaze away she looked over at the city. She could see cars and people on the busy streets doing their shopping and what not. Alex had the feeling Sono was hiding something but she knew better then to ask in front of Tom.

"What's next on today's list?" She asked with a gentle tone.

~

Both Krystal and her father glanced at the ID then back at the Sam/Nas. He looked to be in his early 20s yet she noticed Nas's voice had a certain commanding tone her father had most of the time. She had the suspicion that there was way more to this man then they knew.

Jared had been a detective long enough to know what he was doing but didn't say anything about it. Glancing at Krystal she nodded and he spoke up.

"We follow." He said in a tone void of emotion.

"We really should move somewhere that's not so out in the open." He added

"What exactly is your plan Mr. Prine?" Kystal spoke up for the first time looking at the blond haired man.

What exactly is your plan Mr. Prine?"

The Death God emerged through the wall just in time to hear the girl speak. He could not get any closer, but his Shinigami eyes could make out their names and death dates from where he was.

The girl was standing with two males, one of which was the cake thief. Neither one of them was a Mr 'Prine'.

"Hmm."

Edited by Fortune86

Nitro nodding back at Diane and said farewell she then went to throw away her breakfast trash. She then waved at Megan thanking her for the nice breakfast. Nitro made her way down the hallways and stairs to her class where she was about to go work. Entering the class she looked around and tried to find someone in the class but no one has arrived yet. The people here in this class were so relaxed and what not that most of the time there was no one really here.

Making her way towards the computer she started sorting out her papers and got her flash drive ready for action. The class was rather dark and Nitro liked it that way thou it wasn’t good for her eyes. Finally once everything was sorted she started working on her projects.

He grunted at Tom, he really had had enough of him today. Sono's eye twitched a little before the silence was broken between them.

"What's next on today's list?" The gentleness of her voice caught him off guard. He sighed.

"Well...what else do you want to see? There's a whole lot of things in this city..." his eyes shone as he calmed down.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, we should move somewhere else." he flicked the hair out of his face. Standing out in the open and discussing what they would do was something completely stupid. "My plan?" he scratched his face before walking inside and talking in a quiet tone. "We don't want to disrupt any classes, the suspect could still be here. We're going to stay together, too. Now," he turned around to face the two. "either of you know where to begin to find this computer?"