pbdog

Frozen BSA dragons

I was thinking, if you froze a BSA dragon, like a magi, what if it could still use its BSA? I could see how people might abuse this, though.

This could definetly work with shallow water dragons and reds.

If people think its so pointless, then what harm would it do to add it?

IDEAS SO FAR:

What if a few ganged up together? Four or five red hatchies, sitting on an egg would warm it almost as well as an adult... 

IF BSA's for frozens gets accepted then comes the question, can unfrozen mature hatchling be able to use it? And if not, why not?

I think they definitly should be able to! Only frozen matures though.

Maybe you could have it only teleport pygmies and chickens.

For teleport. Also, to go along with this:

"Could you teleport this red egg for me, magi hatchling?"

"...but it's really, really biiiiig."

"Okay, what about this pygmy egg?"

~magi hatchling looks at it dubiously, then says~ "I think so. Okay, I'll try."

Magi: Can only teleport small eggs, or normal eggs with a chance of them going to the abandoned page.

Red: Incubate takes a small time off the egg (like an hour, half a day?)

Green: Puts cracks in an egg, but might kill an egg (It might roll off a ledge?)

Purple: Has a reduced chance of working (compared to an adult)

Pink: Has a reduced chance of working (compared to an adult)

Maybe to should only work for matured hatchling (at least the pink)?

Liking this one most.

Well, what if it only worked if you had an adult BSA of the same breed as the hatchling on your scroll also? that way, they would have some sort of training.

I came up with this one.

So, what if it's time-based, like the suggestion for ascendeds? Young frozen hatchies could have the "weak" BSAs, and they get to full power once they've been around long enough?

Honestly, that's my biggest reason that I'd love to see pseudo-BSAs implemented. Not just for usefulness, not just for adorability, but because it would prove to me that freezing hatchies isn't just, say, gutting them and mounting them as trophies - hence "freezing" them in time... A HSA (Hatchie-Specific Action) or PBSA would do that for me.

maybe they would summon a pygmy version of a GON...

Its crazy, but it just might work.

(And I haven't read the entire thread, but I would support a time-limit on this... Like, you can't use a frozen-hatchie BSA until it's been frozen for a certain amount of time... So that it *doesn't* become a "freeze this hatchie quick, then I can use the BSA!" thing)

PROS AND CONS:

Pros: your frozen hatchlings would do more than just sit there.

It would be cute.

Cons: People might abuse it. (but we won't try to let them!)

Edited by firegirl

As a hatchling their abilities are no where near as strong as it is with adults. Thus frozens don't learn their aduult BSA abilities. A magi hatchling would only be able to teleport tiny things such as leaves and flowers, and not very far either.

Actually, that would be interesting. Along with this, for the other BSA dragons, it could still work but it would have a lower percentage of it actually happening. and for earthquake, it wouldn't hatch the eggs, but only put more cracks in them.

Edited by firegirl

I can't see this happening. I mean, it could make sense (When I suggested a bite action, I had separate success rates for hatchlings) logically, but I think the purpose of frozen hatchlings is to be generally useless.

I wouldn't mind them having reduced effectiveness, but I just don't see it happening. (Plus, it would become easy to create an army of bsa dragons very fast by sniping ER eggs and freezing the hatchlings, or even just incubating eggs)

it wouldn't hatch the eggs, but only put more cracks in them.

But that would make the action better, wouldn't it? Because if the earthquake was milder, it wouldn't have the oomph to kill eggs.

Edited by Dianacat777

But that would make the action better, wouldn't it? Because if the earthquake was milder, it wouldn't have the oomph to kill eggs.

yeah, but since its a hatchling it wouldn't make them hatch early, which is why people use the action in the first place. And since its only a little htchling, maybe it could only be used on one egg at a time, or have a longer cool down.

Edited by firegirl

Actually, I think I would die from happiness if this was possible. Not because it would be incredibly useful, but because it would be awesome and adorable. smile.gif

Actually, I think I would die from happiness if this was possible. Not because it would be incredibly useful, but because it would be awesome and adorable. smile.gif

Aww, that's so cute! <3

Magi: Can only teleport small eggs, or normal eggs with a chance of them going to the abandoned page.

Green: Puts cracks in an egg, but might kill an egg (It might roll off a ledge?)

Yeah, like that! your right about the pink, though. It should only work for gendered frozen hatchlings and adults.

As a hatchling their abilities are no where near as strong as it is with adults. Thus frozens don't learn their aduult BSA abilities.

This was my thought. I think BSA's should just stay with adults. Can you imagine your poor hatchling attempting to teleport a poor pygmy egg and only part of it making it, thanks to their inexperience? 3:

This was my thought. I think BSA's should just stay with adults. Can you imagine your poor hatchling attempting to teleport a poor pygmy egg and only part of it making it, thanks to their inexperience? 3:

Well, what if(two of my favorite words) it only worked if you had an adult BSA of the same breed as the hatchling on your scroll also? that way, they would have some sort of training.

Edited by firegirl

As if fertility even works to begin with when an adult uses it.. it's worthless.. .like splash.

Training or not, a hatchling would have no where near the power they would have as an adult.

Training or not, a hatchling would have no where near the power they would have as an adult.

I know that, and so does everyone else, that is why there would be a lower chance of getting the results you wanted. but it would still be fun to see it on DC.

I'm pretty sure it would be one thing for the hatchies to summon the power to do such a seemingly large task. But it would drive the rest of the dragons NUTS just for the hatchies to stop playing around to do such a simple chore xd.png

I'm pretty sure it would be one thing for the hatchies to summon the power to do such a seemingly large task. But it would drive the rest of the dragons NUTS just for the hatchies to stop playing around to do such a simple chore xd.png

That would be funny. smile.gif I was just thinking this because the dragons would basicaly just sit on your scroll, at least it would give them something to do. also I got the idea when I was looking at my frozen magi hatchling. I thought it would also fit its description too!

Agreed with the no. Stay with adults. Those kids are still in training class and no way will I trust those aadorable monsters with my perfect babies!!

What if a few ganged up together? Four or five red hatchies, sitting on an egg would warm it almost as well as an adult...

That sounds like a good idea, but how would it work?

Inexperience? I've got frozens older than most players on DC. They've had centuries to hone their skills. Just because they're wrapped in a tiny, adorable package doesn't mean they can't get business done.

Inexperience? I've got frozens older than most players on DC. They've had centuries to hone their skills. Just because they're wrapped in a tiny, adorable package doesn't mean they can't get business done.

So, what if it's time-based, like the suggestion for ascendeds? Young frozen hatchies could have the "weak" BSAs, and they get to full power once they've been around long enough?

(That's an adorable thought, by the way. Leetle all-powerful Magi.)

(That's an adorable thought, by the way. Leetle all-powerful Magi.)

It really does not matter how long the frozen hatchling has had time to hone its skill, if it lacks the power there is no way it could do what adults do.

I think most of the BSA's should just stay with the adults.

Edited by Lady_DragonRider

It really does not matter how long the frozen hatchling has had time to hone its skill, if it lacks the power there is no way it could do what adults do.

I think the BSA's should just stay with the adults.

I think you're making an assumption there. It doesn't say anywhere in the site that a dragon's power coordinates with physical maturity, rather than just age and experience. Perhaps if one of the BSAs were based on a dragon being particularly fast or strong, it would be logical for the hatchling, given its size, to be unable to effectively perform the BSA, but all the ones we currently have are based on "special" abilities the dragons have.

Except Influence, I guess. I suppose Dove would have to be contacted to see if frozen hatchlings would ever develop the heat/cool foot pad things.