pbdog

Frozen BSA dragons

While this sounds cute I'm divided on this, Almost mature isn't mature, while mature hatchlings are almost mature we don't know if their magic can fully develop before being fully mature

This topic might get more traffic if you copy-pasted all of the ideas onto the first post, that way people can get a quick over-view on what has been suggested so far. You could also make a list of pro's and con's.

Great idea...

I was thinking the excact same thing! This may cause abuse, so let's cut certain BSA success rates in half (like bite, influence, incubate, summon)

There is a kink in the Summon BSA that makes it pretty much pointless to give to frozen hatchlings. It uses up all the Magma, Ice, and Thunders on a scroll. It takes the power of three to dozens of adult dragons to even have a small chance of summoning. That's pretty powerful magic. I don't know how often a scroll would only have Trio hatchies, but considering how many adults it takes, I seriously don't think a hatchie could do it.

Then, if there were a lowered chance of success, why blow it on hatchies trying? Use the adults!

Some people (like me) only freeze for looks.

like the hatchlings' description said, young dragons are defenseless and very vulnerable, they can hardly do a thing and can't find food to survive by themselves. You can't summon with a hatchling can only spark electric when it sneeze, it require such powerful force of power, even adults can't channel, you can't incubate when your hatchie can only shoot smoke from it's nose. However, splash can do, it doesn't need anything super actually xd.png but I can't thing of making unfrozen hatchie can do the bsa, maybe we can't abandon/trade it when the bsa on cooldown.

And please no pygmy gon, although I have finished summoning long long time ago xd.png

like the hatchlings' description said, young dragons are defenseless and very vulnerable, they can hardly do a thing and can't find food to survive by themselves. You can't summon with a hatchling can only spark electric when it sneeze, it require such powerful force of power, even adults can't channel, you can't incubate when your hatchie can only shoot smoke from it's nose. However, splash can do, it doesn't need anything super actually xd.png but I can't thing of making unfrozen hatchie can do the bsa, maybe we can't abandon/trade it when the bsa on cooldown.

And please no pygmy gon, although I have finished summoning long long time ago xd.png

You do have a point. Maybe the descriptions could be changed a little bit. I mean, I'm sure that real dragons wouldn't be absolutely defensless. The description makes them sound weak, but everyone knows that dragons are mighty, strong, and powerful! biggrin.gif

I really don't see how this could work with summon, I mean it's possible, but the others could absolutely do it!

this is Dc myths, so they say they are weak, they are weak xd.png

TJ have said no more BSA for rare or used for obtaining dragon. GoN pygmies may not have a chance, unless TJ change this xd.png Ideas are just idea

I think there aren't much people have 3~4 red hatchies in their scroll at a time, to have them stick together and incubate 1 egg, unless they freeze many. And what about the cooldown when they grow up? Are they share the cooldown when they are hatchies, too?

Ok, other BSA hatchlings aside... I'm a little concerned about a purple hatchling knowing anything about fertility. They're ... a bit too young o.o

Peace.

Ok, other BSA hatchlings aside... I'm a little concerned about a purple hatchling knowing anything about fertility. They're ... a bit too young o.o

It kind of depends on how Fertility works. I mean, if the Purple dragon sheds fairy dust on the dragons and they become egg machines, that's reasonable for a hatchling to be able to do. If it actually involves, like, midwifery... that's another matter.

Plus, frozen hatchlings are probably pretty mature. I imagine them just like smaller adult dragons. Although, from what's been said in this thread, I'm starting to think I'm in the minority on that...

It kind of depends on how Fertility works. I mean, if the Purple dragon sheds fairy dust on the dragons and they become egg machines, that's reasonable for a hatchling to be able to do. If it actually involves, like, midwifery... that's another matter.

Plus, frozen hatchlings are probably pretty mature. I imagine them just like smaller adult dragons. Although, from what's been said in this thread, I'm starting to think I'm in the minority on that...

lets just assume that they DO shed fairy dust on the other dragon.

Honestly, that's my biggest reason that I'd love to see pseudo-BSAs implemented. Not just for usefulness, not just for adorability, but because it would prove to me that freezing hatchies isn't just, say, gutting them and mounting them as trophies - hence "freezing" them in time... A HSA (Hatchie-Specific Action) or PBSA would do that for me.

I'd like to feel guilt-free about freezing. Yes, I know they're "just pixels". But I care about my pixels. xd.png Just a personal opinion here, but I'll brace for bricks anyway. rolleyes.gif

I do agree with this. The BSA's would definitely prove to me that freezing hatchlings isn't putting them in a block of ice and keeping them like that (what I originally thought when I first started out and saw the action). However, the idea of giving the hatchlings BSA's does seem a bit illogical to me, as it seems like if it was done for practicality and getting a BSA quicker, most people would simply wait the three days and it would practically make no difference. Sorry if this doesn't make sense in anywhere but my already confusing mind.

Overall though, if you are too lazy to read the above giant paragraph, I would support this idea.

Oh I would love this! It's just adorable imagining a bunch of little red crowded over an eggy to incubate it ^^

Perhaps instead of having things be less effective, you just need multiple hatchlings to summon enough magic to use a BSA.

as cute as this sounds, and all the ways it just might work...i don't really like the idea of it, i feel as though it would just be abused.

if you want the BSA, then raise the dragon for it. i don't mean to put that in a mean way...

That arguement doesn't really work here. They aren't suggesting that freshly-hatched dragons should be able to use BSAs before they have grown all the way up. This isn't a suggestion for a shortcut.

But for those of us who like having frozen-hatchling armies, why not let them do what the adults do? They *can't* grow up, so it's not about shaving off a few days of waiting or anything.

(And I haven't read the entire thread, but I would support a time-limit on this... Like, you can't use a frozen-hatchie BSA until it's been frozen for a certain amount of time... So that it *doesn't* become a "freeze this hatchie quick, then I can use the BSA!" thing)

Edited by Marie19R

But the point of having a frozen hatchling army is the army itself. It's the fact you get to keep all these dragons in their hatchling stage to show off without the risk of them dying or having them occupy a slot; you trade in their breedability and BSA use to get that.

It's always been the case that you make that trade-off when freezing hatchlings, so why should people who choose to the "giant hatchling army" playstyle get an extra bonus, even if it's a comparatively little one?

But the point of having a frozen hatchling army is the army itself. It's the fact you get to keep all these dragons in their hatchling stage to show off without the risk of them dying or having them occupy a slot; you trade in their breedability and BSA use to get that.

It's always been the case that you make that trade-off when freezing hatchlings, so why should people who choose to the "giant hatchling army" playstyle get an extra bonus, even if it's a comparatively little one?

Yeah, I agree. If frozen hatchlings are able to use their BSAs, then I'm sure there will be people that argue they should be able to breed as well. Then what would be the difference between the adults and the hatchlings, other than the sprite?

I think a few people have mentioned having multiple frozen hatchlings who could work together to do a BSA, but I think that would make things a bit too complicated, to be honest.

Also, it doesn't really make sense that a frozen hatchling would be able to use an ability that adults develop, when other hatchlings can't. It would make things seem a bit inconsistent to me.

So I prefer things how they are at the moment. smile.gif People who freeze all their BSA hatchlings, that's their choice. They knew they wouldn't be able to use the BSA before the froze and they made that decision to do it anyway.

Could always make their BSA like spash.

Call it...training maybe?

IE red hatchy: 'Your red hatchie tries to warm up a rock'

Magi: "Your magi hatchie teleports a leaf onto it's head'

ect.

If it's just for the cute factor their you go. Let the hatches 'train' for their adult BSA.

Training... what if an extra action is added to the BSA adult's page that says "train" and you can train the hatchling to use the ability?

Then make Train share a cooldown of the same length with using the actual BSA, and make it take 50+ uses of Train to teach it to the hatchling. (So having your adult Magi Train a frozen hatchling Magi to use Teleport would take a hundred days, more or less. Training to use Incubate would take almost two years, or a lot of Reds.)

Again, the point of having a frozen hatchling is the frozen hatchling itself. You knew on freezing it you were giving up the perks of having an adult dragon.

Could always make their BSA like spash.

Call it...training maybe?

IE red hatchy: 'Your red hatchie tries to warm up a rock'

Magi: "Your magi hatchie teleports a leaf onto it's head'

ect.

If it's just for the cute factor their you go. Let the hatches 'train' for their adult BSA.

I like this! They can practice and be cute.

@.@ But my adult dragons already do that. I froze my hatchlings so they could sit there and look pretty >.< Though if they randomly played with each other... well, I wouldn't mind at all biggrin.gif

You could make it so that a person could freeze a vampire dragon, but the thing could still use its bite action. That could be cool. Unless thats the case all ready.

Ummm.... Hatchlings are the only thing you can freeze and NO Hatchling is able to use their breed's BSA. You don't need to freeze adults.

Edited by Dolphinsong