pbdog

Frozen BSA dragons

I really don't understand what advantage this would have. If you want your vampire to be able to bite, you let it grow up. If you want a frozen hatchling you sacrifice the ability to bite. Choices -- they are a part of life. You are seldom able to have your cake and eat it, too.

~Merged, since I believe this is basically what the other topic was getting at~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

...I hate to be negative here, but I've raised a ton of BSA dragons to adulthood in order to have the BSAs, and now I don't need any more BSA dragons. If hatchlings are suddenly able to do the same thing as adults, then half of that work and time was wasted, and new players can have the advantages of a ton of BSA dragons from doing half the work that I did for it. That strikes me as unfair.

The idea of giving them underpowered versions of the BSAs goes a little way towards making it less unfair, but still. :/

I have to admit the hatchling teleport dialog is adorable.

If at all, the hatchies should only have an underpowered version of the BSA. Like this, for example:

red hatchie: Can take off a couple of hours (1-4) with incubate.

magi hatchie: Can teleport (one-way-teleport) up to one egg or hatchie - with a 50% fail chance. If the teleport fails, nothing happens, but the hatchie would be on cooldown.

shallow water hatchie: "mini splash" counts either fully (since it doesn't do much anyway) or as half a splash towards the magikarp badge limit.

purple hatchie: Sorry, guys, I can't see a hatchie's fertility work at all since the adults don't seem to be able to accomplish much anyway.

pink hatchie: Influence with only half the chance for success? Dunno. Even if I had frozen hatchies, I wouldn't use this, but it's an option.

trio hatchies: No way. Don't even think of going there. It only takes one adult of each trio breed anyway to Summon, and if someone is stupid enough to freeze the first dragon of the kind they get, it's their own fault.

ETA. vampire hatchie: No way. Since the vampire BSA is a breedig replacement and only adults can breed, I don't see why vampire hatchies should get their BSA.

pebble hatchie: Dunno. Aren't they a little small for causing an earthquake? Or give them 3/4 of a chance to not be able to rock the earth?

Edited by olympe

I like the idea the only thing I don't get is how can a red hatchie warm an egg when its frozen?

-Band

It's a spell that stops them from aging, band. I think this might be a good idea.

I like the idea the only thing I don't get is how can a red hatchie warm an egg when its frozen?

-Band

'Frozen' doesn't mean the hatchie is literally frozen in ice. It just means that they won't grow up ^^

purple hatchie: Sorry, guys, I can't see a hatchie's fertility work at all since the adults don't seem to be able to accomplish much anyway.

In my experience fertility does a lot. I've suddenly started breeding a ton of dragons to gift stuff to newbies mainly and I've noticed that when I don't use fertility [they're all used up, I bred a lot less before so I'm still building up my purple army to cope] I get maybe 3 eggs, when I do use fertility I often have to gift away an egg before I can finish breeding since I got 7 eggs [tinsels/trios/gold/silver/goldenwyvern] before I was done!

These counts don't include the tinselfails that I abandon immediately.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

i support the idea of ganged up hatchies being able to use BSAs

Just some random ideas, feel free to tweak hatchie numbers if you want:

Some could have different names and descriptions:

Red Hatchies: Name:Heat

Description: 4 of your red hatchlings snort fire on the egg to warm it up.

Green Hatchies: Name:Tremor

Description: 4 of your green hatchlings grab an egg and shake it, causing it to crack or accidentally drop it, killing it.

Trio Hatchies: Name: Mini-Summon

Description: Your trio hatchies get together and attempt to summon a Tiny Guardian of Nature.

Vamp Hatchies: Name:Nibble

Description: 4 of your vamp hatchies get together and nibble an egg which either kills it or turns it into a vampire egg.

As they are weaker, a longer cooldown could be required.

Also, if the person has more than 4 then hatchies can be selected for the job.

Just some random ideas, feel free to tweak hatchie numbers if you want:

Some could have different names and descriptions:

Red Hatchies: Name:Heat

Description: 4 of your red hatchlings snort fire on the egg to warm it up.

Description: 4 of your green hatchlings grab an egg and shake it, causing it to crack or accidentally drop it, killing it.

Description: Your trio hatchies get together and attempt to summon a Tiny Guardian of Nature.

Vamp Hatchies: Name:Nibble

Description: 4 of your vamp hatchies get together and nibble an egg which either kills it or turns it into a vampire egg.

As they are weaker, a longer cooldown could be required.

Also, if the person has more than 4 then hatchies can be selected for the job.

I looked at the front post and was like "No." But after seeing this post I agree. Except for the legendary trio.

I like this idea in general, especially hatchies either ganging up or having lessened effect. However, I don't personally think that frozen Trios should be able to summon mini-GoNs. This is a small, if nice, suggestion, and I don't believe it warrants introducing a new dragon type. Either have frozen Trios have a lessened success rate, need more of them, not be able to summon, or work like normal.

Also, I don't see Vamp hatchlings being able to fit a fully-sized egg between their jaws to bite down. Sorry.

edit: Especially the S1s, which are basically just skeletal hatchlings (they're not yet active at night).

Edited by Ponystar17

Nooooooooooooo. D:

*sniff sniff* IF this was implemented I think I'd smell a new breed, a guardian of nature pygmie

On another note I think only mature hatchies should do this, I might just be assuming here, but I think that newborn dragons have no idea about their powers, or if they do if they can even use them, but mature hatchies would probably know about their powers

Edited by penguin_adu6oo

Ok, maybe scrap Mini-Summon.

I like the idea of only matures being able to use a BSA.

Also, if the new White Heal BSA goes ahead then here is the Hatchie Edition smile.gif :

Name:Nurse

Description:4 of your White Hatchlings get together and attempt to diagnose, and cure, the sickness of the chosen egg/hatchling.

25% Diagnosed and Cured

25% Diagnosed but unable to Cure

10% Not Diagnosed but somehow Cured

40% Not Diagnosed or Cured.

I'd like to veto that one, too. Earthquake is different from the kill action (as used on eggs) by affecting all eggs on your scroll. However, this "tremor" hatchie-BSA would only affect one egg, like kill. So, where's the difference? And why the improvement to not affecting eggs that you don't want affected?

Green dragons cause 'earthquakes' by slamming their tail into the ground.  Smaller tail = smaller quake, so hatchies would not be physically able to cause the damage adults can.

Although the green dragon BSA is pretty much highly undesirable, I can see this linking, I cAnt remember exactly where or what, but I think there is something about freezing cave blockers. Greens are pretty much pebble blockers and even if you didn't give them the ability, I was reading something called TRAIN, where you could have a group of all your frozen greens come together and shake up the earth a bit, for practice.

Of course, they would not be able to do this on real eggs.

I also would like to point out, maybe not have this be full-blown? I really like the magi dialogue and it might be a good idea, because it really is cute. But there are some breeds that I feel just don't work. For example, purples, pinks, vamps, and greens (I'm really liking the train idea). You see, those you can wait for them to grow up, I don't see the harm in having four or five red hatches gang up to take a few hours off ONE egg or four or five hatches joining together for a adult-sized splash. With the magis, you could have several of them work together in order to teleport one Pygmy or chicken.

With the case of hoarding, then let's put it this way. I, probably with many, think that the idea of hatchies coming together to do something is cute. Then why not, since hatchlings are so unreliable, have an adult supervise? So if you go to a hatchling's action page, you can choose the TRAIN button and choose an adult dragon, of the same breed, to supervise? (then again, for the magis, splash, and reds, I don't see why you can't just make it for real. I mean, you'll still use up an adult, but if it's the cuteness you want, then you'll sacrifice the full-blown BSA of an adult.)

I do understand the worries of hoarding frozen BSAs and also the plain fact of "if you freeze, you know you can't have it do what an adult can" but for the sake of cuteness and trying not to majorly disrupt the BSA flow already in place, I feel that with a train button, you can choose to A) have the magis, reds, and splash hatchlings gang up and do something mini, using up theirs as well as one adult's of the same breed's BSA or B ) have the hatchies TRAIN, again, doing no harm, but there could be some cute dialogue as well. If there is any major concern about hoarding, we could also make the TRAIN action use up the supervising same-breed adult's BSA get used up, though there will be no actual action performed, only some cute dialogue.

Edited by tufted

I love these ideas. Also: what if a magi hatchling could only do one-way transfers, and only one egg? (An adult can move up to 8 dragons at a time!)

I'm not sure about fertility, as notr even the adults seem to have a good success rate.

Vampires, anyone? A winged vampire hatchling could bite an egg, with a cca 50% chance that its teeth are too small and can't penetrate the egg shell. This way the bitten egg would have a chance to "survive" the attack, and remain what it is. (Maybe, MAYBE, as the hatchling is trying to bite it, the egg would roll off the scroll to the AP. )

One more thought. Could a red hatchling incubate (take a few hours from) an egg already incubated by an adult? It would be useful in case of eggs you took from the cave / bred just before going to sleep. It would still hatch when you are awake two days later.

Edited by Darth Krande

I think this is a cute idea that makes sense, and I genuinely don't see why it would be a problem for people to hoard hatchlings of the BSA breeds. I can't really see how that could be construed as an 'abuse' of the ability.

I really like the idea of the hatchling using the ability at a reduced efficacy rate. It makes sense; they're young and weak and haven't learned how to completely use their magical abilities yet, but they're learning. As such, I'm not sure a gang of hatchies is necessary, though Friend Of All Dragons's ideas are terrific if it goes there.

As far as Summon goes, it seems to me that the Trio hatchlings should just be counted in with all the rest of the Trios, with less of an effect on the group than an adult. If all the other adults have gathered for a Summoning ceremony, why wouldn't the hatchlings be involved? Definitely not a fan of the idea of a mini-GoN.

Full support on this idea, I was thinking the same exact thing! Also, Vampires which were frozen in their final hatchling stage would either have a lower successful bite rate or could only bite chicken/pygmy eggs.

Could always make their BSA like spash. 

Call it...training maybe?

IE red hatchy: 'Your red hatchie tries to warm up a rock'

Magi: "Your magi hatchie teleports a leaf onto it's head'

ect.

If it's just for the cute factor their you go.  Let the hatches 'train' for their adult BSA.

Or just keep it forever 'training' with multiple sentences.

Example:

Your red hatchie tries to warm up a rock

Your red hatchie tries to warm up a random bird

Your red hatchie tries to warm up a mudkip

ect.

Not sure how a lot of the dragons would be like, but the image of a little red going around hugging random things to keep it warm is giving me a cute overdose.

What if a few ganged up together? Four or five red hatchies, sitting on an egg would warm it almost as well as an adult...

Red 1: Hey guys, lets play a game!

*other reds look over*

Red 1: Whoever sits on that egg over there the longest wins!

Red 2: YAY

Red 3: Okay biggrin.gif

*bunch of red hachlings on an egg*

Regular Show mix:

Bunch of baby reds, sitting on an egg.

maybe they would summon a pygmy version of a GON...

Or maybe a GoN colored chicken? *shrugs*