BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge 2011

I'm singing up for this

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: more than 200

Book Title: Abandon

Author: Meg Cabot

Summary: Pierce meets somewhat troubled, John and realizes that he lives in Underworld

Rating: (optional)

Review: (optional)

EDIT: Are sporkings counted?

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Book Number: 79

Number Of Pages: 464

Book Title: Empire of Night

Author: Justin Somper

Summary: Taking advantage of their blood relation to Sidorio, Grace and Connor Tempest embark on a mission to infiltrate the ranks of the bloodthirsty rebel Vampirates. But as half-vampires, the Tempests' own bloodlust is rising. *cue ominous music*

Book Number: 80

Number Of Pages: 470

Book Title: Crusade

Author: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Summary: In a world where vampires are taking over, Jenn Leitner is part of a team of hunters based in Spain, one of the few countries that has not capitulated to vampire rule. Over the course of the team's anti-vampiric missions, Jenn struggles with her feelings for Antonio--a vampire who has defected to the human side.

I did a bad job summarizing Crusade...It is a lot more exciting than I made it sound.

@PointofOrigin: Sporking? blink.gif

Edited by MissVampire13

Book Number: 58

Number Of Pages: 320

Book Title: Melting Stones

Author: Tamora Pierce

Summary: Evie must stop a volcano from destroying an island that has called her and her mentor out to assist them in what seems to be a small problem.

Book Number: 18

Number Of Pages: 505

Book Title: The Ambassador's Mission

Author: Trudi Canavan

Summary: Black Magician Sonea is attempting to catch a rogue magician killing the Thieves in the city, while her son is entering a foreign, and potentially dangerous, country as the ambassador's assistant.

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 330

Book Title: Corpse on the Cob

Author: Sue Ann Jaffarian

Summary: Odelia finds herself up to her ears in trouble when she reunites with her mom in a corn maze at the Autumn Fair in Holmsbury, Massachusetts. For starters, there's finding the dead body in the cornfield - and seeing her long-lost mom crouched beside the corpse with blood on her hands...

Edited by beyzoar

@MissVampire13

Sporking is criticizing bad books and fics. It also points out everything wrong with it.

Ah. I would imagine you could include criticisms in your review, as that's what they're for--recommending (or not recommending) the book.

Book Number: 81

Number Of Pages: 368

Book Title: Capt. Hook: Adventures of a Notorious Youth

Author: J V Hart

Summary: An account of the adventures of James Matthew, illegitimate son of an English lord, during his days at the prestigious school of Eton and his start as the captain of a ship.

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 283

Book Title: The Locket

Author: Stacey Jay

Summary: Some mistakes weren't meant to last. It was only one drunk kiss at a party, but that one mistake causes Katie's boyfriend to dump her on the side of the road in the rain on her seventeenth birthday. But when Katie gets the chance to go back in time and alter her fate, will she find the consequences worth it? Or will she find that the best kind of love is far from perfect?

Rating: 5/5

Edited by Dream_Thief

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 394

Book Title: The Rogue

Summary: One rogue magician has been caught, but it turns out that there is another one too, which is much harder to catch because of his great influence in the underworld. Sonea continues working for his capture, while her son is living with a group called "the Traitors", working to find a solution that can lead to peace between the Traitors and his home country.

Book Number: 46

Number Of Pages: 190

Book Title: The Viper's Nest

Author: Peter Lerangis

Summary: Irina is now dead. Amy and Dan are shocked that she died saving them. They discover the clue of silk. Also, they found out what their family's branch is. :3

Book Number: 47

Book Title: The Viper's Nest

Author: Peter Lerangis

Summary: Now knowing that they are ____ they are feeling rather distressed. The Kabras' kidnap Dan and almost kill him. He end up at the "hospitality" of Jonah. Finally he finds his sister and Nellie. They find the clue but now know something is suspicious about their au pair.

Edited by evangeline5432

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 521

Book Title: The Son of Neptune

Author: Rick Riordan

Summary: Demigod Percy Jackson, still with no memory, and his new friends from Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank, go on a quest to free Death, but their bigger task is to unite the Greek and Roman camps so that the Prophecy of Seven can be fulfilled.

Book Number: 59

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title: Wild Magic

Summary: Daine has joined the riders while she is with them she will see the emergence of creatures that have not been seen for centuries

Book Number: 60

Book Title: Wolf-Speaker

Summary: Daine is learning the abilities of her wild magic. Now she goes to help her old wolf pack deal with humans who are poisoning the land.

Book Number: 61

Number Of Pages: 358

Book Title: Emperor Mage

Summary: Daine has gone to Carthak to heal the emperor's birds in order to start a peace treaty. But is there a more sinister plot under all the friendliness.

Book Number: 62

Book Title: The Realms of the Gods

Summary: Orszone has surfaced as an immortal who is bent on destroying her and the kingdom of tortall. Using the help of a chaos god and other immortals he attacks the kindom of tortall in search for Daine.

Book Number: 63

Number Of Pages: 240

Book Title: Alanna - the First Adventure

Summary: Alan is a knight in training and he has a secret. 'He' is actually a she.

Book Number: 64

Number Of Pages: 288

Book Title: In the Hand of the Goddess

Summary: Now a squire, Alan/Alanna faces the Ordeal all knights must face to earn their shield. She must also face the threat of the prince's cousin.

Book Number: 65

Number Of Pages: 304

Book Title: The Woman Who Rides Like a Man

Summary: Alanna has earned her shield and has gone to visit the Bazhir in the desert. But there are more and more concern gathering back home in Tortall.

Book Number: 66

Number Of Pages: 400

Book Title: Lioness Rampant

Summary: Alanna is now in search of the Dominion Jewel that will help Jonathan secure his kingdom and keep it safe. She must also face the resurrection of an old enemy.

Book Number: 48

Book Title: Storm Warning

Author: Linda Sue park

Summary: The kids continue on with the clue hunt. *Spoilers* They find out their au pair was chosen by Grace. She had been reporting everything back to My McIntyre. They no longer trust her as much. Fortunately she starts to earn their trust back. They finally learn who the man in black-now grey-is. They find out that they have were being tested as well as finding the clues. They are now active Madrigals. The Madrigals do something they have never done before, they invite a person who is not from the Cahill background into their branch. :3

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 399

Book Title: Northern Lights

Author: Phillip Pullman

Summary: The orphaned Lyra's uncle Asriel leaves in her care an alethiometer, one of the 6 instruments of its kind, capable of telling the truth to those who know how to use it. When Lyra learns that children all around her are being kidnapped and taken to the North and that her guardian, Mrs. Coulter might be involved, she sets out on a journey to find out that horrible experiments are being performed on said children in the name of a fearful religious dogma.

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 283

Book Title: Twice as Dead

Author: Sue Ann Jaffarian

Summary: Corpse magnet Odelia Grey is at it again—stumbling across a dead body at a wedding reception while “Achy Breaky Heart” plays in the background. Bodies are turning up so fast that Odelia enlists the help of her family and friends—Greg, Seth, Zee, Detective Frye, her half brother Clark, even her pompous boss Michael Steele. But solving a mystery is twice as hard when the victims have more secrets than the killer.

Book Number: 49

Number Of Pages: 327

Book Title: Into the Gauntlet

Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix

Summary: Everything wraps up. Amy and Dan make the final choice. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 656

Book Title: Priestess of the White

Summary: Auraya is a priestess, and is chosen to become one of the five White, the gods' most powerful servants. She faces lots of challenges, trying to make remote lands agree to an alliance, and face powerful enemies of the south in war.

Book Number: 22

Number Of Pages: 359

Book Title: The Gathering

Author: Kelly Armstrong

Summary: Maya lives in a small town. And by small, I mean two hundred people, doesn't even appear on the map small. Salmon Creek is a medical research town, where only the researchers and their families are the permanent residents. Everything seems normal, but appearances are rarely the truth. Maya's tale starts with a paw print birth mark, and one word: Yee naaldlooshii. Skin-walker.

Number Of Pages: 320

Book Title: First Kill

Author: Heather Brewer

Summary: After his little sister is killed by a vampire, Joss joins the Slayer Society to avenge her death.

Book Number: 82

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: The Demon's Lexicon

Author: Sarah Rees Brennan

Summary: When Nick's brother Alan is marked by a demon, it's up to Nick to remove the mark and save him. But Alan seems more determined to help a pair of strangers than to save his own life, and before they know it, Alan, Nick, and their newfound friends are all in way over their heads with murderous magicians and cunning demons in the most unexpected places.

Book Number: 83

Number Of Pages: 250

Book Title: Stardust

Author: Neil Gaiman

Summary: Three brothers embark on a quest to earn their right to the throne of Stormhold, pursuing a jewel in the possession of a fallen star. Meanwhile, Tristran Thorn has promised to retrieve said star as a token of his love for a local girl. But unbeknownst to Tristran, the star, or the three brothers, an ancient witch is also after the star and the key she holds to immortality.

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 610

Book Title: Last of the Wilds

Summary: The war is over, but neither side is defeated. While Auraya is attempting to stop the spread of disease in Si, she meets an old friend again, and finds out something about him that changes everything

I am back!

When I started reading this book, I fell ill. I can read a lot when I feel fine, but this did not really work out well tongue.gif

Still not healthy, but feeling somewhat better again smile.gif And I managed to finish my book!

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages:528

Book Title: Labyrinth

Author: Kate Mosse

Summary: Alice Tanner is helping out at an archeological site near Carcasonne, France. She discovers a tombe in the mountains with an odd labyrinth and 2 skeletons, with a ring and a bag. Then people start to disappear, or even get murdered. The story of a young woman, who lived in Carcassone 800 years ago unravels at the same time. She had to protect a precious book. And the hunt for that book is still not over. Alice is caught in a web between past and present and wants to figure out what happened.

Review: I started reading this book because my father likes it a lot. He visited the area where this story takes place and was impressed by the way the asmosphere was captured in that book.

I am interested in visiting the area now, the book intrigued me and told me the story about the Cathar Inquisition. As a result of this, I bought a informative book about the Cathars yesterday, at a book fair!

But first: finish reading my next book wink.gif Tolkien's Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun!

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 138

Book Title: The War of the Worlds (ebook)

Author: H. G. Wells

Summary: A man struggles to find his wife in an alien-infested London.

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 208

Book Title: Grimm's Fairy Tales (ebook)

Author: The Brothers Grimm

Summary: A collection of familiar and not-so-familiar fairy tales.

Number Of Pages: 112

Book Title: The Book of Dragons (ebook)

Author: E. Nesbit

Summary: An astonishing collection of dragon stories. Dragons range from tiny to enormous, benevolent to wicked, wyrm-like to hundred-legged...and all in one book!

Number Of Pages: 120

Book Title: A Study in Scarlet

Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Summary: The first book, which introduces the eccentric Mr. Sherlock Holmes, consulting detective, and his housemate Mr. John Watson.

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 160

Book Title: The Sign of the Four

Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Summary: The second novel in the Sherlock Holmes canon, in which Mr. Holmes helps a woman unravel the mystery of the pearls which arrive from an unknown sender at her house every month.

Edited by klinneah

Book Number: 23

Number Of Pages: 415

Book Title: Zombies vs. Unicorns

Edited by: Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier

Summary: For years, the debate has raged: walking death, or killers with javelins erupting from their faces? In this anthology, twelve authors come together to settle the debate once and for all. So, zombies or unicorns; which team are YOU on?

Edited by Dream_Thief

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: Da Vinci's Vermächtnis oder Wie Leonardo die Welt neu erfand

Author: Stefan Klein

Summary: It's a little bit like a biography about Leonardo Da Vinci. But not about his life but rather about his inventions and about his fascination of the natural sciences.

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 791

Book Title: Zusammen ist man weniger allein

Author: Anna Gavalda

Summary: Three very different people become roommates and try to succeed life.

Number Of Pages: 186

Book Title: 83 Tage - Der langsame Strahlentod des Atomarbeiters Hisashi Ouchi (A slow Dead)

Author: NHK-TV

Summary: It's the dairy of a nuclear power station employee who has been contaminated with radiation.