BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge 2011

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 656

Book Title: Dreamsongs vol. 1

Author: George R. R. Martin

Summary: A collection of short stories and novellas, including the author's very early works, science fiction, fantasy and horror stories.

Edited by lightbird

School started a month ago, so I don't have much time for reading anymore :/ I'm still reading a little bit now and then, but not like the reading-spree in the summer biggrin.gif At the moment my goal is not 250, but 50. I hope to be able to catch up with you guys during the winter holiday smile.gif

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 199 (Bulgarian Edition)

Book Title: L'amour dure troisans (Love Lasts Three Years)

Author: F. Beigbeder

Summary: It's a book about the love life of the author. About his divorce, his new found love and about his theories about life.

Rating: 4/5

Book Number: 12

Number Of Pages: 319 (Bulgarian Edition)

Book Title: In too deep

Author: Jayne Ann Krentz

Summary: Isabela Valdes is running from the people, trying to kill her since she was a baby. She hides in the little town Scargil Cove, where she falls in love with Fallen Jones. Together they fight against the people Isabela's running from.

Rating: 5/5

Review: I love all Jayne Krentz's books, because there is always romance in them, which combined with the paranormal abilities her characters have, make the books very very intriguing and easy to read! This one makes no exception!

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 592

Book Title: The Vampire Diaries book 5 - NightFall

Author: L. J. Smith

Summary: In this book Elena becomes human again. Meanwhile, Caroline summons in Fell's Church 2 Kitsune (Japanese demon, shaped as a fox), but her plan goes horribly wrong and the whole town ends up covered in Malach (evil "bugs"), that infect every child. Damon makes a deal with one of the Kitsune, but that ends up badly as well, and in the end Stefan is kidnapped by the Kitsune and taken into the Dark Dimension (a dimension, where demons, vampires and all kinds of supernatural species live and the humans are their slaves).

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 624

Book Title: The Vampire Diaries book 6 - Shadow Souls

Summary: Damon, Bonnie, Meredith and Elena go into the Dark Dimension, trying to rescue Stefan from the Kitsune. After a lot of struggle, they manage to do it and in the end all of them go back to the Earth.

Review: The best book from the series in my opinion. smile.gif

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 576

Book Title: The Vampire Diaries book 7 - Midnight

Summary: After returning back to Earth, they find Fell's Church almost in ruins and almost every child in the town infected with a Malach. So Elena decides to go back to the Dark Dimension to try to find the Star Ball, in which all the power of the Kitsune is stored. She wants to destroy it and so to kill the Kitsune and to free her town.

It's a very loosely summery, but if I write the most important thing that happens in the book, I'll spoil the fun of reading it! As my fun was partly "murdered" when my best friend told me how it ends :/

Number Of Pages: 698

Book Title: Inheritance

Author: Christopher Paolini

Summary: Eragon and Saphira continue on their quest with the varden, to overthrow the king, and secure a better future for all.

Book Number: 59

Number Of Pages: 496

Book Title: Divergent

Author: Veronica Roth

Summary: In a society where everyone chooses one of five predetermined ways of life, not fitting into one of these five factions is the worst thing that could happen. Nobody knows this more than Beatrice Prior, whose divergent way of thinking puts not just her, but her family and friends in great danger. But it could also be the very thing that saves their lives.

Book Number: 60

Number Of Pages: 442

Book Title: Spider-Man: Secret of the Sinister Six

Author: Adam-Troy Castro

Summary: Five of Spider-Man's greatest foes, along with a new supervillainess named Pity, have banded together under the leadership of the criminal businessman the Gentleman, determined to wreak bloody havoc on the Big Apple. In order to thwart their plans, Spider-Man must employ the help of secret government agency SAFE and try to win the loyalty of the Sinister Six's most mysterious member, Pity.

So. I just remembered I signed up for this. ._. I haven't kept track of what I've read at all, and I don't really want to. Dx Can you please remove me from the Readers' list? Thank you. ^^

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 469

Book Title: Prodigal Son (Frankenstein #1)

Author: Dean Koontz

Summary: Victor Frankenstein is real and is still alive today. With an entire race of killers scattered throughout the city of New Orleans only three things stand in his way 2 policemen Carson O'conner & Michael Maddison; and a mysterious man Deucalion.

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 455

Book Title: City of Night (Frankenstein #2)

Summary: It is discovered that Victor's creations are out of control and their is a much more sinister plan in place. O'Conner, Maddison, and Deucalion find that Frankenstein's monsters have infiltrated more of New Orleans then they could have ever imagined.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: Dead and Alive (Frankenstein #3)

Summary: Things are building to a terrifying pitch as Victor's creation spin more widely out of control. Also a new entity has emerged with power and reason beyond anyone's understanding.

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 529

Book Title: Foreign Influence

Author: Brad Thor

Summary: A bombing in Rome is connected to a hit-and-run in Chicago and Scot Harvath must figure out the connection before a terrible plot comes to fruition.

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages:

Book Title: Bad Blood

Author: John Sandford

Summary: Virgil Flowers must go down to a small town in southern Mississipi to investigate what started out as a simple open and shut murder case to a conspiracy which involves dozens of families.

Book Number: 31

Number Of Pages: 340

Book Title: The Fire Within

Author: Chris d'Lacey

Summary: David moves into a house. (he is a college kid renting a room) Liz(the owner of the house) and Lucy(Liz's daughter) welcome him. Soon David realizes that there is more then meets the eye. The 'clay' dragons are more then they seem.

Number Of Pages: 112

Book Title: done.: What most religions don't tell you about the Bible

Author: Cary Schmidt

Summary: A book that tries to convince the reader about the necessity of belief in God, about what he's done for you and about how easy it is to be "born again".

Review: This book was exactly the trivial feel-good touchy religious propaganda tripe that I expected. I read it mostly because it was for free in Kindle store and I thought it would lead to some lols. It did, as it contained the same apologetic "arguments" that I've read numerous times before. Also, from a nitpicky perspective, I noticed that the author 1) mostly bases his arguments on writings from Paul (whom I consider a secondary source, since he didn't really meet Jesus, 2) speaks as if all religions are monotheistic, which for me as an atheist with an occasional interest in religious customs seems very narrowminded. I'm sad that this book actually also got printed.

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 341

Book Title: Tempest Rising

Author: Tracy Deebs

Summary: Tempest is half human, half mermaid. With her seventeenth birthday approaching faster than she wants, she needs to make a choice: stay on land with her father and brothers, or dive into the Pacific ocean and face the dangers it contains? She's determined to stay human, but the sea is a very persuasive force...

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 603

Book Title: A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow

Summary: Those who claim to be kings continue to fight for their right to the iron throne, while the wildlings are stirring beyond the wall

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 174

Book Title: Macbeth

Author: William Shakespeare

Summary: everyone know the story of Macbeth...right?

Rating: (optional)3/5

Review: (optional)

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 496

Book Title: Behemoth

Author: Scott Westerfeild

Summary:the continuation of Leviathan. Alek and his men escape the Leviathan when it touches down in Istanbul and is pursued by Deryn and the crew of the airship.

Rating: (optional)5/5

Review: (optional)

Book Number: 32

Number Of Pages: 421

Book Title: IceFire

Summary: Finally David's eyes are open and he can really see the dragons. Gwilanna tries to take over. Short version, she fails. We also find out where Gawain's fire tear is. =3

Book Number - 36

Book - Doctor Who - The Price of Paradise

Pages - 249

Author - Colin Brake

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 425

Book Title: The Motive

Author: John Lescroart

Summary: A house in the rich sector of town is going up in flames. Two bodies burned beyond recognition. Glitsky & hardy must find out what is really going on

Book Number - 37

Book - Doctor Who - The Nightmare of Black Island

Pages - 250

Author - Mike Tucker.

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 213

Book Title: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Author: Stephen Chbosky

Summary: A teenage boy named Charlie writes letters to an anonymous person, entailing details of his life and his hardships and the complications of growing up.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 290

Book Title: Awakened (House of Night)

Author: P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast

Summary: Neferet has returned to the House of Night, and Zoey needs to decide whether to return to Tulsa and fight the forces of Darkness, or stay on the comfortable isle of Skye. Meanwhile, Stevie Rae struggles with her forbidden and complicated relationship with the Raven Mocker, Rephaim.

Edited by Winged-Kitty

Number Of Pages: 301

Book Title: The Forever War

Author: Joe Haldeman

Summary: The book tells the story of a scientist who is recruited to fight a war against some aliens nobody has seen yet.

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 579

Book Title: A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold

Summary: Fate still does not favour the Starks, and the battle for the Wall continues, now with the aid of Stannis.

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title: For Time and Eternity

Author: Allison PIttman

Summary: A young girl runs away from her parents' home with a group of Mormons travelling to Utah in the middle of the 19th century but eventually understands that forsaking her former faith for the sake of love was a mistake.

Edited by lightbird

Book number: 16

Number of Pages: 207

book title: Unlikely Friendships

Author: Jennifer S Holland

Summary:

47 stories of animals bonding or making friends with other animals. Some of the stories are well known like Koko and her kitten, others include a leopard who sleeps with a cow an elephant with a sheep. Most of the stories are short - a couple pages long. But very good read for animal lovers.

book number:: 17

Number of Pages: 229

Book title: Life without Limits - Inspiration for a ridiculously good life

Author: Nick Vujicic

Summary:

This book s very religious oriented so maynot be for everyone, however it is a Great read. Nick was born without arms or legs, a disability that has caused numerous challenges for him in his life through childhood and his teens. He now travels the world giving inspirational speeches and he believes in truly living life to the fullest with his faith in God, he has gone surfboarding, scuba diving. He talks how his faith is what has lead him to the happy life he has and to his mission which is being an inspiration to others.

Book number: 18

Number of pages: 318

Book title: Thinner

Author Richard Bachman ( Stephen King)

Summary:

Billy is an overweight lawyer, who accidentally kills an old gypsy woman when she walks out into the street in front of his car. The old gypsy's father places a curse on Billy and those who helped Billy go free.

In no time at all Billy loses weight even though he is eating as much if not more then ever. From almost 250 he goes down to 122 pounds as he searches for answers and then the old gypsy to remove the curse. Classic King writing. gritty and gripping.

Edited by Ramica

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 304

Book Title: Masquerade

Author: Melissa De La Cruz

Summary: The second book in the Blue Blood series, Schuyler continues her search for answers regarding the Silver Bloods, Lucifer's own soldiers. Her search takes her to Venice, which leads to a chain reaction that can't be stopped...

Book Number: 33

Number Of Pages: 549

Book Title: Fire Star

Summary: Gwilana wants to wake Gawain so that he can call over dragons to earth. Unfortunately, this would mean many deaths. David, Zanna, Liz, Lucy, all the dragons, and the polar bears have to stop it. sad.gif The ending is sooo sad.

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 581

Book Title: Mastiff (Beka Cooper #3)

Author: Tamora Pierce

Summary: In the third and final beka cooper book, Beka is awakened in the middle of the night in order to start on what might be the most important hunt of her life.

Book Number: 61

Number Of Pages: 400

Book Title: Shiver

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Summary: Grace has been fascinated by the wolves in the forests of her hometown for as long as she can remember, but she is especially drawn to one in particular. Sam is doomed to spend his winters as a wolf, but when he and Grace meet in person for the first time, it's the start of a romance that can only end in heartbreak unless they can find a way to keep Sam from reverting to wolf permanently.

Book Number: 62

Number Of Pages: 560

Book Title: Goliath

Author: Scott Westerfield

Summary: When the Leviathan rescues famous scientist Nikola Tesla from the wilderness of Siberia, his ravings about a device that could end the war spark everyone's interest. Alek's quest to stop the bloodshed leads him to follow Tesla, while Deryn just does her best to keep her true identity a secret.

Book Number: 63

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: Erec Rex: The Monsters of Otherness

Author: Kaza Kingsley

Summary: After being selected to become Alpium's next king, Erec Rex must complete twelve quests to prove himself worthy of the throne. His first two quests include saving missing dragon hatchlings and "stopping the monsters of Otherness," but little does he know that the true monsters are not what they seem, and completing the quests will cost him a dear friend.