Arkadion

Egg Circulation

Frozen eggs wouldn't be part of the ratio, was my idea. Plus it would move eggs along, but not change the ratios.

Perhaps a '24 space taken' like with killed eggs would stop people from doing it just to free up their scrolls.

I hope TJ decides to try and do something...anything at all...to help with this problem soon. I've pretty much quit hunting altogether. I have one lonely hatchling on my scroll, and no eggs. I already know what's going to be in the biomes before I even get in there, and what is in there I know is going to stay sitting there for a looooong time, much longer then I have patience for. I hate to say this, but the fun/thrill has just gone for me. I won't leave the game, I do love it and worked hard to get my gold trophy, but I'm just a little down as how the biomes have slowed the game to a crawl, after having such high hopes for it before. I miss the excitement. sad.gif I've said this before, but I would love for the system itself to rotate eggs every few seconds. Or maybe have all the commons 'mutate' somehow, every couple years, still the exact same dragon, just different colors. ha ha Not sure the artists would go for that, but it would be kind of interesting if nothing else. ;D

All I do is stalk the ap now. I very rarely go to the biomes anymore due to the fact I like the others are tired of seeing the same ones sit in there for a very long time. Maybe if there was like two rows of eggs in each biome so that more could filter threw?? I also love the idea of being able to freeze eggs as well and being able to make a frozen egg collection. ^ _ ^

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

So this basically accomplishes the same thing that multiscrolling does: It holds eggs for you until you're unlocked and then you can grab them when they're ERs.

I just thought of something on this topic:

If this is a common reason people multiscroll, then implementing the cave scroll would cut down on multiscrolling. Or, at least, new multiscrollers.

I mean, yeah, it would make the people who are already multiscrolling have a greater advantage, but it would be one less reason for a non-multiscroller to get a second scroll.

I can't see why anyone would want to multi-scroll anyway. Is it worth getting burned?

As far as a cave scroll, to add ER eggs into the AP, what is the point of that? If people could just wait and grab AP ERs, why bother grabbing them when they are blocking the cave in the first place?

I'm not reading through all 12 pages, but to those complaining about too many blockers--why not help unblock?

Grab a blocker. Hatch it. Keep or trade or drop in the AP or send off to someone who would appreciate it. Join one of the common blocker projects.

Some of us have no problem with taking any and all commons that we could get a hold of.

Not necessarily.

It'd just increase the egg throughput of multiscrollers even further.

It would increase the throughput of multi-scrollers, true, but it would also increase the throughput of everyone else. I don't think the possibility of something possibly benefiting multi-scrollers is a good reason to turn down the idea if it's something that would make the game more fun and would get undesirable eggs picked up faster rather than just sitting in biomes where no one is picking them up because lots of people don't want a 7 day ______ egg, but they'd be happy to pick up a 4 day ______ egg. When you think about it, Incubate probably increased the throughput of multi-scrollers a lot, but nevertheless that's not a good reason to get rid of that BSA because it also helps a lot of people who aren't breaking the rules.

I'm not reading through all 12 pages, but to those complaining about too many blockers--why not help unblock?

Grab a blocker. Hatch it. Keep or trade or drop in the AP or send off to someone who would appreciate it. Join one of the common blocker projects.

I don't know about you, but I'm here to have fun. Using up my slots on blocker eggs and raising them isn't fun for me. I have fun when I raise rare and desirable things, or breeds that are new. But once I have a certain number of a particular breed I feel no real desire to grab anymore, unless it's a rare breed, a breed I really like, or a breed with a good BSA. If my only options are to grab eggs of breeds that I don't really want/need, I'll just log out and come back and try again later and hope I see something good.

Edited by Renorei

I may be (am) a bit thick here - please excuse my ageing brain - but why would it increase the activity of multiscrollers in particular ?

Some of us have no problem with taking any and all commons that we could get a hold of.

Others of us do have problems with that. And, as certain members of this forum are fond of saying, why should they be forced to play the game that way?

If altruism is going to be a necessary part of this game in order for it to run smoothly, it should be actually necessary, in a way that requires members to "share the burden."

I do my part for clearing out the blockers. Over the past 6 weeks or so, I have taken close to 100 nocturnes, about 30 or so balloons before that and as of the last week or so I've been hoarding the misfits. When i finish up my projects with those three, once im done with the autumn portion of my massive seasonal line, I'll probably go after whips or maybe something in the water biome since i havent hoarded anything from there yet.

Each of my hoarding projects that i have done in between my specific project have taken 30+ of whatever is most common at the time. Since none of my breeding projects outside of my seasonals are breeding I dont mind doing it (and i have to admit, each of the commons i hoarded so far, i ended up liking a WHOLE lot more.

Now, when it comes to the cave hunting business: I find it helps to be unlocked as full as possible. If you can devote two slots to a blocker and another two for actually hunting what you are after, its not so bad. Even blockers are appreciated when it comes to lottos and gifting. However, i would like to see the eggs in the cave cycle around for a bit.. say every 5 minutes if the eggs havent moved, replace one with something new and kick the other to the back of the line. even if the orders of the eggs swapped out (but didnt actually change). Even if the blocker for the specific biome (lets say whips) was replaced with a blocker across all biomes (say.. fog) someone is bound to grab that fog when staring at a wall of two whips and a fog. Since the fogs drop anyhow its not like its changing the ratios any.. its just a way to get the area moving a bit. If eggs dont move at all after say.. 30 minutes, one should get kicked to the ap leaving the other two blockers behind.

I have a lot of support for the views and suggestions expressed here. Something could really use tweaking!

I loved the idea of the biomes, but find their movement pretty tedious, to be honest. I am a breeder, but would like to be able to pick up particularly things in order to do that. I'll happily compete to do so, but I don't want to waste my time refreshing every 3 seconds just to see the same pebbles staring back at me. To be honest, that behaviour just vindicates the opinion many of my friends have: that there's not much excitement/interest to this game! As Syphoneira says, why should the game be made as boring as possible, just because that inserts some semblance of 'difficulty', or conforms to the inflexible 'ratios' ideal that underlies the cave code?

I manage to get CB trios and even blacks on occasions, so I don't do very badly with the biomes, but I do not think I have seen a single CB gold or silver since the biomes came out. In the olden days, just seeing the rares encouraged me (and probably other people) to hunt, but that seems to be lacking these days between the biomes splits and the blocking issues. sad.gif

As to solutions?

Well, DC essentially runs on market forces, but we have a huge anti-competitive elephant in the room: the ratios. The cave is not responsive to user demands. It does not back off pushing pebbles when people don't take them, or up the production of blacks when they are desired. Something needs to be done to allow 'micro-ratios' to take effect according to market forces without necessarily altering the macro-ratios that TJ is adamant about maintaining. One suggestion might be that it could register how many clicks there are on one particular egg, suggesting that the breed is more desirable, and respond accordingly, or track how long particular eggs sit in the biomes and do likewise. This would not be a permanent ratio change, but a minor fluctuation, perhaps lasting 24 hours or something. It would just be great if the game could meet its players half-way on this. We raise unwanted eggs, but help us out to do it, too! Of course, I'm sure anything of this sort that makes the cave more responsive will be unappealing/difficult to code and implement.

The ones from the last few pages that I would support are the seasonal/migration suggestion (as already said), the cave-scroll, and more release, particularly a new breed of 'rare' egg or something that would be exciting/desirable, but also help nudge the ratios a little. Or, some of the suggestions that have been made about eggs gaining moss, etc., and becoming slightly different versions of current breeds would also add more interest!

I wouldn't be in favour of the hybrids so much because they do result in more clogging, but I suppose I take ~!~'s point on that front. Better than a tedious front cave! A similar alternative might be to have more 'alts' available, either as with the nebulas (to encourage CB pick-ups) or with the blacks/vines to encourage breeding keepers. Hatchlings that are ditched when they show up as non-alt are much more likely to be picked up fast and raised than plain ol' 7d eggs!

An alternative to the apparently unfavourable cave-scroll suggestion might be to reduce the time that common eggs take to hatch and mature, as DarkEternity mentions. This would at least stop people being able to grab multiple ERs and obtain hatchies within minutes. If a particular egg took 2.5 days to hatch (i.e. 5 days minimum to raise), I might be more inclined to pick it up between breeding days, as it wouldn't clog up one of my bred egg spots.

Of course, TJ could also incentivise the collection of common/undesirable breeds beyond what users already do themselves in the forums. Perhaps a new trophy if you raise 5 (?) CBs of a particular breed over two weeks, which might then even lead to a 'power-up', perhaps a scroll-wide fertility action or something for 24 hours? Then the trophy disappears, and you have to start all over again.

Well, DC essentially runs on market forces, but we have a huge anti-competitive elephant in the room: the ratios. The cave is not responsive to user demands. It does not back off pushing pebbles when people don't take them, or up the production of blacks when they are desired. Something needs to be done to allow 'micro-ratios' to take effect according to market forces without necessarily altering the macro-ratios that TJ is adamant about maintaining. One suggestion might be that it could register how many clicks there are on one particular egg, suggesting that the breed is more desirable, and respond accordingly, or track how long particular eggs sit in the biomes and do likewise. This would not be a permanent ratio change, but a minor fluctuation, perhaps lasting 24 hours or something. It would just be great if the game could meet its players half-way on this. We raise unwanted eggs, but help us out to do it, too! Of course, I'm sure anything of this sort that makes the cave more responsive will be unappealing/difficult to code and implement.

I just have to quote this for truth. This is what I was trying to say earlier. And the suggestion for "micro-ratios" influenced by demand -alone- would help immensely.

I raise caveblockers like crazy. Right now I have four eggs and five hatchlings that I'm raising, for various breeding projects of my own. I think that events like the Common Caveblockers Competition are helping, and suggestions for various breeding projects that focus on or encourage use of commons. But again, this is coming down to basically the altruism of some players trying to force the cave open. It's been sort of working because there's so many of us, but there's only so much we can do, even with a gold trophy level and an army of reds.

The best way to judge if this is a real problem or not is by the number of active scrolls. Has that number dropped recently? If it hasn't, then to be honest, all of our complaining really doesn't matter, as long as people are still playing. But if it has, then maybe there actually is a problem that needs some serious consideration, instead of being handwaved away with "well the ratios" and "you just want more rares" and "it would help multiscrollers."

Things have slowed to a crawl in the Biomes, and it's a real disappointment. Guess we thought they were going to be the answer to 'all our problems', but Cave blockers sit there even longer now and the game, which used to be active and adrenaline-charged, has become a snooze. This coupled with the crappy breeding results kinda sorta makes for a not-so-fun way to spend time.

Hope there's some way to find a solution so we can get our pulses going again!

Things have slowed to a crawl in the Biomes, and it's a real disappointment. Guess we thought they were going to be the answer to 'all our problems', but Cave blockers sit there even longer now and the game, which used to be active and adrenaline-charged, has become a snooze. This coupled with the crappy breeding results kinda sorta makes for a not-so-fun way to spend time.

Hope there's some way to find a solution so we can get our pulses going again!

I've been away for a while, probably a little before Teleport was introduced. The biodomes were fun for a day or two, but I'm also frustrated at the lack of things moving along, especially now since I don't have much time to play anymore.

How about for a shake up, maybe one day a week (or something) the cave reverts to how it was... no biodomes. It could be a set day or a random day each time. That way it's always a surprise. Although that may irritate a lot of players. ?

Any other ideas?

Hello All

I have read the comments here and there and here is my two cents.

The suggestions sound great for those that need things to be shaken up a bit but the problem is it would require a massive overhaul, more downtime, more updates and more people complaining they can't get on to play.

I actually like the changes in the cave simply because I am not as quick as others and in the old days I didnt see rare eggs let alone have a chance to click on them, I had to rely on gifting threads and generous people.

Since the changes, I still have not caught my first metallic CB but I have seen a fair few and it gives me hope over time that I will try to get them, I managed to catch a CB black for the first time the other day and it was a real accomplishment.

It can be frustrating to see the same eggs in the biomes but then hunt twice as hard. have spare slots to catch the blockers and then grab the rares as outlined in someones post above. Maybe not quite right I hunt before leaving for work or bed so if I get an egg dont want and can not abandon for 5 hours then I can when return. Sometimes will keep until hatchling stage so can be snatched quicker.

I did just want to put my two cents in as feel there are ratios in place, these are justified so we can have rare eggs but do feel a change in the way people think would be more beneficial. I dont do as much as I possibly could (especially seeing Thubans efforts) but a change in the public could be much more beneficial then re-writing the cave.

Of course this is just my thoughts and how I play, there will never be a unanimous consensus as it is a game that allows you to play how you feel, so there will always be varying thoughts and expectations.

My apologies in advance if this has been suggested or covered. I browsed through the first couple of pages in this area of the forum and didn't see anything like this. Also, if it's in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

I know many of us are hitting refresh in one way or another constantly. It's frustrating when the same eggs in the main cave sit and sit through oodles of refreshings. Perhaps there could be a way to auto-rotate the trio of eggs to a different set in each biome if they sit for a certain amount of time say like 20 or 30 seconds with nobody grabbing them? The eggs don't have to disappear, just be thrown back into the mix or rotation for that biome at any given time.

If people pick up an egg or eggs from any given set, the 'auto-rotate' is temporarily disabled.

I know many eggs sit because they are too common or unwanted--but they could just be remixed. I know eventually, they'd all probably end up being about the last eggs left in a rotation, but it might make the game a little more fun than just sitting and spinning--looking at the same set of eggs over and over again. I know many of us are looking for the same 'rare' eggs, but if there was a way to just make eggs move around in any given rotation--it'd at least keep us from getting bored with the hunt and save our poor keyboards and fingers from the abuse of refreshing nothing over and over again.

It would also help greatly in the biomes that have very few people visiting them at any given time. The eggs rarely change when there's very few people in a biome.

I think this has been brought up before. One of the problems raised was that people would simply wait for the rotate, and take all the rare eggs, leaving only the 'cave blockers' left. Hardly solves the problem.

I know there's a problem with unwanted eggs. I haven't solved all the problems with suggesting the auto-rotate. But, if there was a way to work it...it'd be nice, especially during quiet or slow times when there aren't enough people to effectively rotate the eggs.

Just wanted to throw it out there. Maybe someone else has a way to solve the cave block thing.

And even if it has been brought up before--maybe some of the newer members here might have fresh ideas for it. Sometimes it's good to bring up older topics so newer people can add their insight too.

Edited by Blazewing

this woud be nice, but yes I think people woud wait every refresh for rares and not for commons

I think it woud help if not 2-3 eggs of the same dragonspecies are there, as it is often

this woud be better

This light egg is floating in the air.

This egg shakes from time to time, as if it is eager to hatch

This egg is surrounded by fog.

than this

because maybe somone need one of this commondragons, but if all 3 are the same I think its not good

Edited by Seiti

this woud be nice

I think it woud also help if not 2-3 eggs of the same dragonspecies are there, as it is often

this woud be better

This egg shakes from time to time, as if it is eager to hatch

This egg is surrounded by fog.

than this

Yes, thank you! This is part of the problem I was trying to address too!

Though of course, it's okay for it to be all the same when it comes time for new or holiday eggs--at least for a short while. Allows all to get a chance at them fairly.

Edited by Blazewing

yes new, rare or holiday shoud be as it is, so if there are 2 CB Black or other rare dragons then there are 2, because they were very fast taken and dont block the cave because they are rare

Edited by Seiti

~Merged~

Not having the same three eggs in the cave has come up before (I'll have to dig and see if the thread is still around). The problem brought up with that is along the same lines. Eventually, with more wanted stuff being grabbed, there will have to be the same three eggs sitting there, anyway. No easy solution, it seems.

As far as I have seen, every idea has a flaw and blockers will always exist. The best thing to do is to just release uncommon/rare dragons in biomes that are still slowly mowing. I mean, look at what a new year release did in alpine. There is more people willing to take blockers, just so they could have a shot at rares. It's moving as fast as desert ( and desert has thunders, reds and blacks ).