Sign in to follow this  
Arkadion

Egg Circulation

Your argument was about ER eggs being too easy to raise, not the level of interestingness of the AP. If we include that, moving biomes ist what makes the cave interesting.

The argument was about ER eggs being easy to raise and the effects of this when they are frequently available. ER eggs are not currently "frequently available" on the AP, but they would be.

Honestly, I'd be all for any idea at all that would work to get the eggs moving faster. I love the biomes, but with the old cave system, I stayed scroll locked. Now, I'm never locked unless a new release comes out. Personally, I feel I've been reduced to simply waiting around for the next new eggs. I just don't have the patience to sit here staring at the same egg for minutes on end, like someone else mentioned. It's very frustrating at this point. I've snagged more nebula's in the desert then I ever thought I'd have, which is good, but I don't need more of them. What the solution to this issue could possibly be, I have no idea. I would love it if the system itself switched up eggs every 5-10 seconds. **shrug** Whatever someone comes up with that could work is fine by me.

The argument was about ER eggs being easy to raise and the effects of this when they are frequently available. ER eggs are not currently "frequently available" on the AP, but they would be.

And that leads us back to the point that it would be eggs that otherwise won't get taken. If this means that more currently less desirable get raised to Adulthood, I'm all for it. The cave wants us to raise certain dragon, because it produces them. If the userbase doesn't want to raise as many dragons of certain breeds, a little incentive would help to change their mind. The more cave blockers will be raised, the more desirable eggs will be produced (either bred or CB). In my opinion, every playr benefits from it, not a selected few.

If you are saying "then you're not really playing", I can't really argue against that. What about my alternative suggestion, then? Make wilderness eggs count towards the ratios and have the cave scroll raise and release cave blockers to the wilderness for 12 months, then delete them. That would make the cave move without a constant influx of ER eggs to the AP.

If you are saying "then you're not really playing", I can't really argue against that. What about my alternative suggestion, then? Make wilderness eggs count towards the ratios and have the cave scroll raise and release cave blockers to the wilderness for 12 months, then delete them. That would make the cave move without a constant influx of ER eggs to the AP.

I support a combination of this and what Medieval Mystic said. Have all the eggs in any given biome switch up every 5 - 10 seconds if they aren't grabbed. By the end of the hour, every egg will have had a chance to appear at least once. So all the eggs that are left behind are obviously eggs that no one wants. At the end of the hour, ship all those eggs off to the wilderness to be raised where they will count towards the ratios for a year.

Yeah I have to say I also liked the previous cave more.

Getting rares was easier ohmy.gif These days Jungle is so slow I would have to sit whole day there to find a dino. Positive side of this cave is that the same description eggs are now mostly seperated to different biomes. But yes, it's sometimes frustrating.

And I don't complain about AP: though I sometimes snagged something rare there before the teleport BSA, but I like how people don't miss their sendings anymore and that teleport works fine.

What the previous poster said, I think that's a good idea too, automaticly switching the eggs in the cave.

Edited by Bamboomonkey

Idk about a 'cave scroll'.

1) It may consume more DC resources as well as names/codes

2) It may make the game a bit... Too easy I guess, with easily available hatchlings

3) NDs may become more widely available.

I would propose a reduced timer on eggs inherently unwanted in the cave. :s

I think the cave scroll is just extremely game changing.

Edited by DarkEternity

Idk about a 'cave scroll'.

1) It may consume more DC resources as well as names/codes

2) It may make the game a bit... Too easy I guess, with easily available hatchlings

3) NDs may become more widely available.

I would propose a reduced timer on eggs inherently unwanted in the cave. :s

I think the cave scroll is just extremely game changing.

Hi, DarkEternity!

I was wondering, would it really consume more resources/names/codes having:

the Cave blockers removed, after sitting for a certain period, by a 'Cave Scroll' and later put out into the AP as ERs that people will willingly take

than to have people endlessly refresh while waiting for the blocker eggs to go away so that they can get something they want, (unless the people get bored and go away, as often happens) and eventually have some people lock themselves by picking them up from the Cave (to get things moving onto the next set of blocker eggs, lol) even though they weren't what they needed, and either lock themselves raising dragons they don't want, rather than what they do, or dump them on the AP (after wasting 5 hours of hunting/breeding time) for the people in AP clearance programs to lock themselves with, rather than the dragons they'd like, because they can be rewarded for doing so with dragons they can actually use, or to have the blocker eggs killed/die and be regenerated?

The idea is that we're supposed to be forced into raising these dragons, whether we want them or not, so the resources must be available to supply codes, and the players - us - have to come up with names ourselves, if we want them named.

Second point: does it really make the game 'too easy' to be able to pick up blocker types in hatchie form and at least be able to try to get dragons that are needed?

For years we've been hearing that we have to raise a whole swack of dragons we don't want in order for anybody to have a chance of getting the dragons they DO want - why should this be made as difficult and boring as possible, in a game intended to be recreational and fun?

And regarding the last point in the series: NDs take a lot of time, effort and luck to make - would having more 4-day eggs necessarily cause NDs to become more widely available?

Would this be such a bad thing, if it did?

Personally, I think the Cave scroll idea would enable us all to play the game for fun, the way each of us would like to do, without forcing people to spend game-time doing janitorial work just to get anything at all moving in the Cave...

Just my 22 cents worth, of course...

Maybe the "cave scroll" could hold eggs for 36 hours rather than 72. Eggs with less than 6 days left still move pretty quickly from the AP, because they fit into people's breeding schedules and so on, but it wouldn't be as much like just getting instant hatchlings.

I like the idea of a greater amount of rotations in the biomes, and I think this is an interesting idea that could be made to work with just a bit more tweaking.

That's another idea. If you get an egg with 5 days 12 hours left, you can easily incubate it and hatch it within 12 hours. (If you have enough reds, that is.)

I love the idea of hybrids and/or BSAs. BSAs cant get to "just to get people to take them" but the hybrids would probly be GREAT!!!! In fact, Im going over to the DR with a sudden thought of a new hybrid. smile.gif

Ummm, I generally don't really have any 'spare' slots for unwanted eggs, and very often I'll take a dragon I wouldn't normally because it can be immediately ERed, where I wouldn't if it would not hatch until the next day, because I need that egg space for something else a little further on.

If we HAVE to pick up dragons we don't want in order to have any hope of even trying to collect the dragons we do, what's wrong with picking them up as ERs?

We have limited hatchie space as well - it's not like we'll stop hunting for dragons we want to fill up on dragons we didn't really want in the first place, and only took because they could be hatched right away...

Edit: just to mention - hybrids typically result in large numbers of fails clogging the AP/Cave for extended periods.

Then people have to pick those up, rather than whatever it is that they really want...

Edited by Syphoneira

Edit: just to mention - hybrids typically result in large numbers of fails clogging the AP/Cave for extended periods.

Exactly my sentiment against hybrids.

We have limited hatchie space as well - it's not like we'll stop hunting for dragons we want to fill up on dragons we didn't really want in the first place, and only took because they could be hatched right away...

Oh, I completely forgot about this. Although, I still think TJ has a point; it would still increase the time it takes you to get an adult dragon.

I'd actually prefer a clogged AP and blocked cave to a clogged cave, if we can have one without the other.

Maybe the "cave scroll" could hold eggs for 36 hours rather than 72. Eggs with less than 6 days left still move pretty quickly from the AP, because they fit into people's breeding schedules and so on, but it wouldn't be as much like just getting instant hatchlings.

I like the idea of a greater amount of rotations in the biomes, and I think this is an interesting idea that could be made to work with just a bit more tweaking.

...Or perhaps a variable time between 36 and 48 hours? You'd still need a ready supply of Reds to get insta-hatchies, but would still only have to wait 1-1.5 day without. Personally, I'd be all over that.

ETA: Eye spul reel gud. >_>

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I think this idea is better than the "ER eggs in AP constantly" it is a meet in the middle for No cave scroll to a yes cave scroll.

Maybe give it a trial period? See if it works?

I think that just about the only thing that would make eggs circulate faster is either a slight alteration of the ratios so that common eggs are a little less common...

And more releases. That would also affect the ratios of common eggs.

As it is, I'm fairly stuck waiting for the eggs I want. And I haven't got the time to sit all day and watch a screen to pick up the unbreedable rares I want.

Dinos should be able to breed, if only with other Dinos.

That's another idea. If you get an egg with 5 days 12 hours left, you can easily incubate it and hatch it within 12 hours. (If you have enough reds, that is.)

How about 48 hours, then? That's either a waiting period of 24 hours or an incubate that has to be sacrificed. Using an incubate and waiting for twelve more hours - I'd rather use that incubate on something else, then.

Edited by Rally Vincent

How about 48 hours, then? That's either a waiting period of 24 hours or an incubate that has to be sacrificed. Using an incubate and waiting for twelve more hours - I'd rather use that incubate on something else, then.

Same here. I'm honestly not kidding, if I grab something from the AP with 5 days 2 hours left, and it's not something I genuinely want, I often toss it back, because I don't feel like using up one of my egg slots for 2 hours (if I incubate), especially since I often hunt with very limited available slots. Now, if I grab something that's at 5 days, then heck yeah I will keep it, because with just one incubate it's suddenly ER-able and can be a hatchling in just a few minutes. As long as it's something I'm willing to sacrifice an incubate for (which is pretty much anything that's not inbred), then yeah I will keep that egg with 5 days left, especially if it's a CB.

Thing is, those dragons of whatever type are sitting there because almost everyone already has as many of those as they want, and don't want any more.

The game is set up so that we have to collect a whole lot of dragons we don't want, which, quite frankly, is no fun and is hardly consonant with the concept of a collecting game at all...

If we HAVE to to do that, why not cut the hassle in half using the Cave Scroll idea, (where the eggs quite logically roll off the Cave pile, pushed by incoming eggs, and then roll out into the AP as reaching hatching time causes them to struggle for a release only obtainable by being adopted and ERed), so that we're only losing a hatchie-spot, rather than an egg and then a hatchie spot for close to a week in total when picking up the dragon types WE DIDN'T WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Right now, ER blockers that infrequently appear are snatched up quickly because they're hatchable - with a steady supply, people will become more selective because they won't want to pack up solid with... dragons they didn't really want more of in the first place.

There is a problem with the numbers of certain dragons because there are TOO MANY OF THESE TYPES FOR THE ENVIRONMENT (us) TO SUPPORT.

(Yup, I use capitals as emphasis - works, don't it? tongue.giflaugh.gif )

Why not make it less painful for people who HAVE to take these in order to keep the game moving at all by sending out as ERs the ones that wouldn't be willingly taken anyway by people here to collect the dragons they actually want?

This isn't handing people dragons they WANT as ERs, these are ones they'll take when conditions are right.

The Cave Scroll idea is simple, logical and causes no problems for anyone who doesn't have to do the recoding, lol.

Why deprive the volunteers of more playing time than is strictly necessary to conform to ratios that have caused long-running problems for us all?

I know - how about being able to freeze eggs? Make it so it doesn't take away from the ratio, but it doesn't count as kills. It gives the Sprite collectors something new to do, at least.

.... I could've sworn you were one of the ones against egg-freezing in the earlier threads about that... Maybe I'm mistaken, though.

I've always wanted the ability to freeze eggs, and yes, that's definitely an idea for how to help the egg-problems.

Trouble with egg freezing is that it would have to be made so that you couldn't use it just to clear the cave, or else it would be used just to clear the cave.

At least, that was the argument I was hearing about it last time it came around.

Isn't that what the limits are for, though? I mean, to prevent that type of abuse? Hatchling-freezing has limits, so it's logical to assume that egg-freezing would, as well.

Well yeah, but if the point of the suggestion is to help with cave clogging, then "abuse" of egg freezing would be the whole point of it. If egg freezing isn't "abused," it can't unclog the cave.

That said, I still want it, I just don't think it belongs in this thread.