libby2999

Stupid things you've done/said

I paint, and the number of times I have almost put my paintbrush into my mug of tea instead of my cup of water are too numerous to count!  

Sometimes it's not just "almost," either.

(Yes, I still drank the tea.)

On 10/13/2018 at 1:51 PM, sorenna said:

I paint, and the number of times I have almost put my paintbrush into my mug of tea instead of my cup of water are too numerous to count!  

I'm in a group that paints miniatures once a week, and our paintbrushes often wind up in beverages by accident.  Sometimes some of the others go out of town to events where there's a speedpainting competition, and there's a rule that you get 5 more minutes to work for every time you drink your paint water...🤢 bleh!

Stupid things I've said/done?   Quite a few cringe-worthy memories come to mind, but recently I was talking to someone about being ace, and saying that there's never ever been a time I enjoyed kissing.  I used to try it to make the other person happy, but on my end it's only felt awkward.  Annnnnd I forgot as I said it that I had kissed him once on New Year's midnight, which was a memory he still held fondly.   That didn't go over well, to say the least.

Kissing ain't my favourite pastime either, which my GF is a tad unhappy about. My head is a somewhat more private space than the rest of me - mouth included.

And that same head is being rubbish lately. I keep misreading things (like, plain text!) or forgetting stuff that needs to be done. Most conveniently (or rather stupidly), I keep forgetting to make a dentist's appointment ... teeth are also headspace, dang. And they need to be done urgently ... for about a year already.

Just read this cheesy dramatic BL. What was I even thinking? smh now I suspect I won't be too productive for a coupla days. Welp, not that I've been too productive lately anyway... god, do I need help xD

On 10/13/2018 at 12:51 PM, sorenna said:

Oh man I used to do that all the time. If it's just a quick dip and then I realize, I'll still drink the beverage, but more then once I actually swished the paintbrush around for a few seconds before realizing. 

..... Also, yeah, kissing. Not a fan. My most awkward moment with that was trying to explain to my then-gf why I didn't like kissing my ex, thinking it was just the specific way she kissed... Nope, it's kissing in general.

I'm a dumbbunny again.  I just stood next to the microwave with a mug of (cold) water, dumped in the cocoa, and wondered why it wasn't mixing properly.

Over a month ago while I was showering I dropped a shampoo bottle lid-first onto my foot... That managed to cause a surprising amount of damage considering it was just a shampoo bottle and the scrape/cut is still visible... :unsure:

I managed to break a plastic soap holder that was attached to my shower yesterday. I fumbled around blindly for the soap while showering and ended up bumping my hand into it a little harder than intended. It fell on my toes too, but at least that didn't do too much damage. Now I need to keep my soap in some other place until I get around buying a new one.

For the first time in YEARS I dyed my hair. I thought it was going to be a med brown/red....I'm now a really nice ginger. Much, much, much lighter than what I was expecting.

I showed my mom and she looked at my hair and a picture of the bottle and was like, "Yeah, that's the color i would have expected." So...I'm just color blind.

Edited by Draco Knight
Added info

The last time my computer mouse abruptly stopped working, I went out and bought a new one.  I wasn't until a few days later that I realized I should have just replaced the battery....:rolleyes:

That reminds me: My keyboard is wireless and when it first ran out of battery and stopped working, I was so confused because I had never seen where the battery compartment was, so I didn't know what to do about my not-functioning keyboard. I thought it had broke! And I couldn't search up what to do because my keyboard wasn't working. :lol:

On 11/8/2018 at 5:37 AM, Gryphonic said:

The last time my computer mouse abruptly stopped working, I went out and bought a new one.  I wasn't until a few days later that I realized I should have just replaced the battery....:rolleyes:

Same. When my first wireless mouse had its batteries running low, it started malfunctioning - a faction of a second here or there where it neither translated movement nor clicks. And, dumb blonde that I am, I thought it was close to kicking the bucket. :D At least I learned my lesson.

3 hours ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Looked for my glasses for about 15 minutes until realizing I was wearing them.

Oh man, I've done that!

Also, because I can't see worth crap without my glasses, I've sat on my glasses and broke them. TWICE. Very expensive mistakes! (Now I never lay them down on any surface that can be sat on, lol)

Stupid things...stupid things....

I remember two years ago, I serenaded to a girl I "like". The serenade was complete with a violin player, a guitar player, a banner saying "will you be mine" and a box containing a pair of earrings and a necklace. It was "about" to be perfect until I started singing.

Jeeeeminy Cricket, my singing was horrible. From a scale of 1-10, my singing was -100. So stooopeeed!!!

When i was in 5th grade (11 years old) the teacher let the non-band/orchestra students do whatever they wanted as long as it was quiet, including listening to music.

So i plugged in my headphones and turned my volume up really high. Then, without taking off my headphones, i went over to my two friends and said something along the lines of "the music is louder when i smile."

I said this really loudly (almost shouting) and the teacher said she might have to ban listening to music if i did that again 😅

Sometimes when I'm talking to my friends, I accidentally call them the wrong name, like a different friend's name. They never mind but its so embarrassing... XD

Quite recently I almost started shaking a soda bottle that didn't have its cap on. Even though it was mostly just 'almost', it was still enough to spill some soda on my desk and notebook.

When in Vietnam, my ship was anchored in the Co Chien River in the Delta and while walking around the deck at night on 'Swimmer Watch', I had a rifle and a grenade.  When I decided to throw the grenade (it was the first one that I'd ever thrown), I didn't THROW it, just kinda tossed ot away...  It went off close to my ship,  just out from an 'Outboard discharge opening' in the hull of the ship.  The .concussion cracked a water line and the ship started taking on water.   I mean, what does a sailor know about throwing hand grenades unless you are a 'Navy Seal'???   The line was repaired and I continued my patrols, but I then THREW the grenades as far as I could...  lol

I like to tell the story of "How I almost sank my ship with a hand grenade", even if it IS a TRUE story!

There should probably be a whole thread for stupid things we thought as kids. :lol: I just thought of a good one: when I was a kid (8-9?) I believed that it was illegal, not just very rude, to flip people off, and if anyone did it then the cops would come.