libby2999

Stupid things you've done/said

Use the lid of my thermos to get a drink of oregano tea from a colleague. And the drink spilt! :P That's because the lid doesn't act doubly as a cup. It has that filter thing that I removed so it can hold much liquid. I failed to look that it can't hold liquids that way.

I thought I left my debit card on my oneroom for 10 days, and I searched entire room as soon as I came back but I couldn't find. I didn't even left it there. It was in my wallet.:dry:

The one that comes to mind first...

Was walking and talking with a friend on the sidewalk, looking at him to see his replies... and walked chest first into a parking meter, hard enough to actually bounce back a step -_-

In retail... I work in Primark and it's a great store but I have so many blonde moments.

1) Me @ Manager: "Where is (item)?"

Manager: It's literally right next to you, you sized them like 5 minutes ago

Me: *mentally slams head against rail repeatedly*

2) Me @ Manager: "There are no 50ps in my till"

Manager: *looks in till for 2 seconds* "They're right there use your eyes"

Me: *internally cries hysterically* oh. ok

Went to pick up my meds yesterday and said I needed a refill on a specific med, and they looked at me strange at told me I'd picked up a month's refill on that last week. Uh... I came home and checked, and yup I did. It was a completely different med that I needed refilled (although in my defense they both start with the same letter!).

Constantly forgetting to check the mailbox. It's literally right across the grass as I walk out of the apartment, so I see it every time I leave the house, but somehow I only remember to actually check it like once or twice a week. Which has, more then once, led to bills almost being paid late because it's been sitting in my mailbox for almost a week.

In my short life I have done numerous dumb stuff and said stupid things multiple times, the amount of things of both those things are so hilarious (and sad) that you'd probably laugh so much :P (so feel free to laugh). 

My grandfather told me dead people were buried with gold, so I got my little plastic shovel and bucket and went to go to the nearest graveyard. luckily I was stopped by my mother before I could get to work (I was around 3 years old when I did this). 

I once played a game of hang man in class where the class had to guess the word based on my facial features (and what was written on the board).

I'm wondering what I can say that won't offend people so I will try my best:

I once asked my mother in front of her friend "if a down syndrome person gets plastic surgery to look normal, would they still be a down syndrome?" (the answer is yes)

I once told a fact in front of my mum and her friends "did you know that men get sleepy after they m*ster***e, and due to hormones they get tired after intercourse" and I was around like 11-12 years old.

Just spent a few hours swapping the case on my Nanna's PC and organising all the cords so they're as hidden as possible. Shaky hands and fiddly spaces don't mix well, but I got it done. Just started plugging stuff in and realised the backplate for the motherboard is from a different motherboard. Of course things won't plug into the back. Could've saved myself the trouble if I checked that the back looked right - it was the second thing added after placing some fans in. -_-

• I mistook a bag scooting across the road for an armadillo while driving with my dad. I live in North Carolina..
  • I've tripped over the very flat rug in front of the door of the Petsmart I work at.
  • I've nearly asked several customers what type of receipt they wanted when I'd meant to ask if they needed help with anything
  • Accidentally got Star Wars and Star Trek mixed up when talking about the Millenium Falcon
  • Does forgetting about the new Christmas dragon until a week after count?
  • Accidentally bought my boyfriend a plush Scar squeaky toy for Christmas.. Never living that one down.

I've posted in this topic before but apparently not about this... This is sort of embarrassing to admit, but since I don't know anyone here IRL I guess it's alright. In grade school I was fairly shy and very awkward, and one day at lunchtime I was sitting with my normal group of friends and got up to throw something away, then thought of something and leaned over to tell my best friend something... And somehow ended up kissing her cheek. I was totally mortified, and it's stayed with me for the past 20 years. 

• I did such odd things in school dorm and fought my old roommate.
  • Bought too many usless stuffs
  • Tried to keep talking about **** although they didn't want it.

Decided to boil milk in the microwave thinking I can easily stand by and watch it. Got distracted.

One time I said “my head so much hurts” instead of “my head hurts so much”. Heh, that was weird.

I asked my girlfriend if 9V2 batteries were different from 9V4 batteries. The moment I said it, I realized how stupid it was lol

Sometimes when I'm getting cereal but not really thinking of what I'm doing, I try to put the cereal box in the fridge XD

The girl across me asked the guy next to me if she could play "you don't know me" on the radio, which went, "you don't know me"?

I asked the guy, genuinely surprised, if he didn't know her. Of course, the realization came instantly, but still ><

And as for accidentally kissing girls on cheeks, @HeatherMarie, well... you should've seen how clumsy I was at school xD

Hope you don't mind the tag.

I can still remember this one occasion when I was making a mug cake. I put the ingredients in the mug and the mug in the microwave and exited the kitchen to go back on the computer while waiting for the microwave to finish. When I came back the batter had completely overflowed and stained the microwave. The sight was something indeed.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:42 PM, RandomBreeder said:

And as for accidentally kissing girls on cheeks.... well... you should've seen how clumsy I was at school xD

Oh no. XD This reminds me of something I did once in grade school... I was over at my friend's house, and she had written a little play, so we acted it out together. At the end, the script called for the characters to kiss so I leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. I didn't really find it weird because we were good friends and the play said to, after all. :lol: She freaked out though, and afterwards I felt so bad...

57 minutes ago, aqub said:

She freaked out though, and afterwards I felt so bad...

Whoa, you felt bad too? O.o damn, now I've to question my manners >.<

Set butter on fire, forgot that there was foil on the butter tub when I put it in a microwave to slightly melt it 😳

Cant say how many times I hurt myself in a morning as my depth perception is shot when I’m not awake, but I think the best was thinking a door was open just a little, but it wasn’t and walking into it XD

one morning i forgot how to change pants. i had out the pants i was going to put on, i knew i wanted them to be on me, but for some reason i had no idea how to interact with them so instead i just paced circles around my room in my pjs, frequently glancing back at the pants with increasing confusion and panic while all other thought process ceased. this lasted for several minutes, until i was snapped out of it by the realization that i really needed to use the restroom, and apparently in that brief amount of time that i was out of the room.. i remembered how to put on pants, came back in, and finished getting dressed like nothing had just happened - and i didn't remember the strange way i'd started my day at all until much later that afternoon.

and if that isn't nigh-uncharted territories of brainfart, then i don't know what to call it.

8 hours ago, RandomBreeder said:

Whoa, you felt bad too? O.o damn, now I've to question my manners >.<

Well, it really embarrassed me, that probably contributed a lot, lol. 

@Ruffledfeathers I totally get it because sometimes when I first get up, I'm so sleepy that I don't know what I'm doing and I slam right into the doorframe trying to leave my room...XD

I've literally lost count of how many times I've nearly put ground coffee into my already made coffee or sugar into my coffee machine instead of ground coffee. It happens to me several times a week, probably because I'm a complete airhead and always in my thoughts in the morning before having coffee. Sometimes I wonder if it's an early sign of dementia or something, but since it's only really this stupid thing that keeps repeating I feel like it's more of an issue of me just being silly.

Edited by Nagapie