Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

Flicking her ears, Swift-Eye thought she heard the Alpha talking. Shaking herself, she woke up from her sleep."I must be going around in circles.The Alpha is out, not back just yet." Swift-Eye murmured.Stretching, she decided to go out for a walk.She walked around, looking for the Alpha when she heard a crash from a building nearby."Typical. Humans can't walk without running into something." Swift-Eye growled.

Edited by AryxonNabalMornaug

Earl, silent throughout the exchange, paused to examine the females before him. He could tell Ghost was cautious. Calculating, practical, but cautious, the sign of a good Alpha female. He doubted an Alpha would be out doing the policing, though, so he pegged her for a Beta. She stared at him for a long moment, and he gazed back, unwilling to be the one to break the link.

The smallest of the females, Wind, was just as cautious as the silver Ridge-back, though had a more tenuous control over herself. As the retriever had told him, she was the one who had been running from the human they had mentioned. He could understand the feeling well. She was standoffish toward all of them, and he couldn't help but look down at her in pity. Every dog on the street had a story, and plenty of them were there because they didn't have it in them to resist their past. Wind looked to be the kind unable to let her past go, and he compared himself to her. His past was the reason why he was here, he too was running from something. It was why he had so much trouble hunting.

He couldn't tell much from the other two, though they seemed reasonably intelligent and kind, two qualities he found to be rare in strays.

"Now, this human- where did you see him last?" Ghost demanded. He was surprised she would ask, she didn't seem to be the type to bother herself with matters that didn't in some way affect her. He turned to Wind to ask a question himself.

"Why were you running from the human? I would assume a human wouldn't bother with three lone dogs."

"Who the bloody crescent moon ARE you?" Ty barked, his voice carrying the familiar ring of an Alpha. He stood before a handsome dog, Victoria and a few other rouges. His stance was clearly that of a dominant dog, his chin slightly angled upward. This was the dog he had smelled with Victoria. Why had she not told him? A deep mistrust was burning like an ember deep within his heart. His eyes were cold and harsh, an anger barley concealed behind his amber irises. He glared at the handsome dog before him. He couldn't believe ghost and this dog were... together. It put Ty in a less powerful position and his power was what he needed to be able to prove right now.

Edited by Packgoater

"My old owner, him" Wind yipped in reply, looking at Earl with wide eyes, before turning to some pompous mutt that declared himself like some sort of leader.

"I'm not any form of a bloody crescent moon, thank you, and I'm not afraid of you either." she barked with a hint of sarcasm and a glare in her eyes. The only things she was afraid of was crowd ambushes and and him. She readied herself for crowd retaliation just in case.

How dare he be so rude? Ha, even if he leads some stupid pack, I'm not joining anyway so what does it matter. she thought with a smirk.

((Assuming Ty is here in front of us.))

((Yes. (Pompous? Ty? Naw.... NEVER! <--- Sarcasam) Keep in mind, for the reasons of Ty needing to reclaim his former glory, he really shouldn't lose to a chihuahua. it'd kinda ruin his career. Therefore maybe they shouldn't fight. Unless you don't have a problem with Wind getting beaten. I'm not saying it has to be an easy fight, he should just eventually come out on top))

"I wasn't talking to you, you self-centered little rat. I lead Junkpack and I don't think I want you there anyway. Unless you could prove yourself useful, which clearly you have no inclination to do so. i was talking to him," he snarled, indicating Earl. "And you have every right to be afraid of me, mutt. You may be a quick little runt, but I'm trained to take down dogs of all sorts. Ever since the battle with Shadowpack I've learned not to underestimate a dog, no matter the size." His voice was a growl, low and dangerous.

Wind glared back. "I wouldn't join your sorry pack even if you bribed me with all the food I can eat. It would help recruitment if you talked to loners with a sense of dog decency. Oh, look at me, I'm so special because I'm some form of an Alpha! I can be as rude as a feral cat to whomever I please! Come on, this Shadowpack sounds better than you! You call me a rat when you can't utter a proper greeting. Respect you filthy mutt! That's all I wanted! Hello! Goodbye! Those are called proper barks! Oh wait, you come from Junkpack, so therefore you must be junk too!" she barked with a lot more sarcasm, her mouth open in a devilish grin.

Wind then stalked away, nose in the air. When she was farther away, she barked "Exactly why I don't join those idiotic packs. The leaders are always brutes." although it was still loud enough for the dogs left behind to hear.

((Wind does have a knowledgeable point here. He could have said a normal hello.))

Chloe watched as a tall male dog walked towards them. She stayed silent as Wind talked back to the dog, seeming as though he was the Alpha of his pack. He snarled at Wind and said that he was specifically talking to Earl. Chloe sighed and stood up.

"Hey, no need to be so angry." she said, narrowing her eyes at the Doberman and Wind.

Edited by angelkay

((He wasn't talking to her. He was talking to a dog who he thought was secretly seeing Ghost, when she wouldn't even share any emotion with her pack leader, not telling him on top of it all. Which of course isn't true, Ghost isn't even seeing Earl, but that's not how Ty sees it. He's absolutely furious. Why wouldn't he bark sharply at his new-found enemy? Gahh. There I go, defending my charrie again. I just can't help it, I like Ty too much. xd.png jk))

"She was getting in my business. I was talking to him, not her. She should just learn the world doesn't revolve around her. But I suppose that's typical, chihuahua and all. They always seem to think they're the most important thing in the world," he said, his hackles still raised. He wouldn't even bother to recruit the stupid mangy rat-dog. What use was she anyway? She would be a good hunter but would butt heads with Ty all the time. No dogs that do that ever stay in the same pack. Especially if one of them's Alpha. He didn't mind this Chloe, she wasn't too bad. He had overreacted, she had all the right to say what she did. Now the chihuahua on the other hand...

Growling, Swift-Eye walked past the building, knowing that the rat-brained human would have scared any prey away, making it difficult to hunt near the camp.She racked her brain for some good areas."I know! The alley by the...what is it called? Oh yes, barber and the deli!" While walking towards the alley, Swift-Eye heard vicious barking, and a little bit of yipping. She began racing towards the area that it started at, and found the alpha, Ghost, and a few other dogs that she didn't know. Walking up to the alpha, Swift-Eye growled, "Is everything alright, alpha?"

((Lol xd.png))

"She was getting in my business. I was talking to him, not her. She should just learn the world doesn't revolve around her. But I suppose that's typical, chihuahua and all. They always seem to think they're the most important thing in the world," The Doberman said.

Chloe sighed again and sat down. "Anyways, what's your name?" she said, trying to reach and itch behind her left ear.

((Well, I like my character so much I'm going to defend her. Ty should always act like a leader, even in the most aggravating circumstances. He should have greeted with proper dignity, instead he bit like a wolf. And Wind has been called a rat before; it's her least favorite size joke. So of course she'd react with hostility. Top that with a painful past. Wind ought to wear a spiked collar. It fits her. tongue.gif))

Wind watched with a withering contempt as one of the Alpha's pack dogs reported for duty. Hmph, more like a henchman. she thought with a sneer, and went off until the group was out of sight. Then she let loose with a yipping laugh that sounded like a particularly vicious imp.

"That was a good one, Wind!" she laughed as she strolled down another alley. A bigger dog came up to meet her, saw her trademark glare, and ran with his tail in between his legs. He knew of her reputation for artistically redesigning the snouts of her challengers and didn't want to try it. When she didn't leave, he panicked and threw her the guts of a chicken he was about to eat.

She picked them up with a smile and left him alone just like he wanted.

Edited by Lalasa

"Alpha, no harm meant, but you sounded like a pup arguing with his mother." Swift-Eye whispered in his ear.Noticing that he was glaring at Ghost and the other dog, she tryed to offer her wisdom."Alpha, please let me talk to the male. I may be able to see if he and Ghost have been meeting secretly," Swift-Eye whispered to Ty."Excuse me, but may I ask you a question?*hem* Alone?" She gestured with her paw, directing Earl to the nearby alley.

((gah, I left right before everyone came! sad.gif

EDIT: I've come to realize that Earl is shaping up to be like a gentlemanly cowboy... though more articulate.))

Earl, startled by the situation that was rapidly dissolving in front of him, had leaped up with hackles raised, staring down the doberman that had suddenly charged out from the shadows. He was about to reply crudely, but Wind interrupted, allowing him time to gather his wits. Although Wind had misunderstood the large doberman to mean her, he was glad for the distraction. He could diffuse the situation so long as he had a cool head, he'd done so before. He sat down once more and addressed the Alpha calmly after Wind had departed, giving a warning glance to the newest dog to show up alongside the doberman.

"My name is Earl. I had no intention to offend, though my very presence seems to have sabotaged that wish. What is it that I've done to incur your ire, Stranger?"

Edited by PythonPro

((Don't forget Packgoater. Kaden and Snips have been stuck in limbo since you've been gone.))

Luli sat there and watched as new dogs arrived. The lean doberman got into it with Wind, and all Luli could do was sit back, eyes widening with every new insult thrown around. Chloe tried to calm them both down, but the situation eventually ended with Wind storming off. Well that could've gone better, she thought to herself. Now Luli had only been in the city for a short time, but in that period had seen dogs more cruel than all of the wolves she'd met out in the forest. Everything here was fought over selfishly with no thought to those weaker creatures. She was tired of it. Her sapphire eyes flashed. "I've met alleycats with more manners than you," she said softly.

Before heading to the alley, Swift-Eye sang a song she heard at an eating place under her breath.

Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms,

On Meadow-hills and mountains

As far as you can see.

Is it a mist, or clouds?

Fragrant in the morning sun.

Flowers in full bloom.

Across the Spring sky,

As far as you can see.

Is it a mist, or clouds?

Fragrant in the air.

Come now, come now,

Let’s look, at last!

Swift-Eye thought she has heard these words, but different, from her mother once, but she doubted it. Her mother hardly ever talked to her. Returning her attention to Earl, she asked him once more," Could I speak to you alone?"

((unfortunately, I've gotta leave you hanging, I'm going to bed now :/

EDIT: I thought my sister was taking over the comp, but I was wrong :I here to stay until everyone else leaves))

Earl stared hard at the Alpha before giving a slightly irritated glance at the rott that was urging him into an alley. He stood up again, wincing at the dull ache that pricked the bones of his hips as he did so, and trotted after the singing female.

Edited by PythonPro

Victoria's golden eyes were surveying the others, studying, making sure she noted the correct things and understood what she could about the body language of the strangers. She felt she had Earl pegged pretty well, and the Chihuahua also- the husky and the retriever might have been a little more difficult, since they seemed remotely the same creature. She appreciated their kind demeanors, but every dog had to be cautious when caution was due. Trusting loners just because they seemed nice was absurd.

An ear twitched at the sound of approaching footsteps, and the silver Rhodesian turned her head to see Ty stalking angrily towards them. The fierce aggravation that emanated from his very being startled Victoria somewhat, but she merely stared at him in surprise. Perhaps her talk with him the previous night had affected him in more ways than one, because this unexpected change in personality completely threw her off guard. He seemed almost...jealous?

The exchanged between Ty and the tiny dog led Victoria to narrow her eyes and frown with displeasure. Even if she wasn't that fond of Wind's behavior to start off with, the little thing did have a point. Ty's aggression was wholly unnecessary, especially since none of them had done anything to provoke it. Victoria was there, wasn't she? She was taking care of things. She didn't need Ty sticking his emotional problems in the middle of a situation she was trying to cover. In fact, she still wanted to know where the loners had seen the human last- Victoria was not keen on having a two-legged snooping around in search for a dog.

Her other ear flickered towards Earl, and she found herself equally surprised at the large dog's reaction to Ty's display. He was very calm, almost unnaturally so. Victoria glanced to him for a long moment, as if trying to decipher him once again. Finally, switching her gaze back to her leader, the edges of the silver she-dog's lips curled back in a low growl. "Get a hold of yourself, Ty," she said slowly, the dark undertone to her voice extremely prominent, almost menacing. She took a step forwards, just about positioning herself in front of the three loners left in the alley. When Swift-Eye came forth, Victoria acknowledged her with a brief glance, as usual. "If you can't handle yourself in front of a few loners, then I don't believe you can handle yourself against an enemy. Now knock it off." The ridge of fur, for which her maternal breed was named, appeared to darken as her hackles lifted in response to the sour mood erupting in the dreary alleyway.

(Jeez guys, leave me in the dust why don't you!)

"Thank you for your time, Earl. I know this might be invasive, but... have you and Ghost been meeting secretly?" Swift-Eye asked hesitantly. "The only reason I ask is because I see the alpha glaring at you, and he doesn't glare a lot."((Sorry!!:( ))

((I know how it is haze :/ ))

Taken aback, Earl widened his eyes at the rottweiler. "Meeting secretly? I met her for the first time just this day. I only found out her name minutes before your Alpha came snarling." His eyes narrowed. "I figured Ghost was a Beta. Don't tell me that little dobie is jealous because she's his. If that's so, I want no part of that quarrel." He turned away and left the alley, returning to the crowd of canines.

"My deepest apology for coming off harshly. Now, Victoria, please do tell me whats going on. I scented you two in several places together, tell me if I'm wrong. Am I just making assumptions?" he asked, gritting his teeth at the apology. He hated apologizing, but he realized he was deeply in the wrong. He dipped his head to Earl, the chain on his neck clanking as it slid a few inches. He should not have shouted at Earl, he really didn't know why he was so angry. He needed to stop that, though. He needed to handle this situation the best he could, as Alpha. He lifted his nose to the ground, checking the scents.

"There was a human nearby here, the little dog had a bit of the smell on her. I somehow doubt she's owned... that would mean... I'm sorry, Ghost. I overreacted and I think I misunderstood the situation. Please forgive me," he said, his voice already starting to have the ring of an Alpha, the former ring he had but two year ago. His nose went down again, scenting another something. "Raccoon. Not just that, dog. Pack dogs, but not from our pack. Smokey smelling almost like old leather and papers... Ghost, please tell me you have some other explanation. Do you remember Frost's favorite foods? Fox and... raccoon. Okay, so worst fears are now almost confirmed."

((Ty stormed off, he's with Victoria, Earl and a coupe other loners after a big argument thing. Coruki is right where you left her. I think those are the only things that might involve you. ))

Trotting out of the alley, Swift-Eye felt relieved. Looking at Earl, she asked,"Would you like to join our pack? I know that you're wary of the alpha, but he has good intentions, even if he is a little...harsh." Looking at Earll, she knew he would be a good asset in diplomacy, and his manners were a little charming. Swift-Eye could just see him as a great fighter, leading the charge against Shadowpack. Laughing at her vision, Swift-Eye sat down and licked her paws, waiting for his answer.

Victoria's bright eyes narrowed at Ty, and her obvious annoyance radiated from her sleek silver body. The growl that had resonated from her throat died off as she listened to him; however, her expression changed into one of utter disbelief as she came to understand what exactly her Alpha was insinuating. "You doubted my loyalty, Ty?" Her voice was low, almost soft, but with an odd, almost fierce and stern quality to it. Her eyes flashed as she added, "I followed him from a dog fight in another alley. I wanted to know why he was here, and I came across the other three. They spoke about a human, so I was investigating." The growl returned slightly to the voice, but as Ty quickly changed the subject, the Rhodesian slowly slipped back into her usual distant and quiet persona.

"I don't know anything about the Shadowpack, Ty. You should know that, I've been here for only a few months. Besides, the raccoon and the leather scent is old." She turned and glanced upon noticing that Earl had returned to the group, alongside the cheerful-looking Swift-eye.