Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

Hearing nothing, Wind's fur finally settled down, and she began to lick herself, trying to calm down after almost being caught by him. She hated him. And she was also upset because she no longer had the hot dog. It was a waste of perfectly good food.

((Yeah, I've just been kinda floundering here haven't I? tongue.gif

EDIT: as evidence of the fact that I've been habitually ignoring Haze tongue.gif Hopefully this doesn't screw things up too much :S ))

Earl had been about to make his presence known to the three around the corner when he heard someone directly behind him. He turned to regard a sleek, rather good looking Rhodesian sitting there with a meal before her, looking into his eyes easily. He recognized her scent, it was a part of the scent that he had come upon constantly ever since he wandered into this territory. She was a part of the pack that owned this place, and from her stance, she wasn't a lowly omega.

On the ground in front of her was a chicken breast, and she had taken a step back from it invitingly. The smell of it filled his head and before he said a word of greeting, he devoured it hungrily. It must have been days since he had eaten, which was the reason he had wandered into this territory. He licked his chops gratefully and dipped his head to the female.

"Thanks, stranger. You've given me a couple more days of life yet." He tilted his head and looked at her questioningly. "You are a part of the pack that runs the territory, right? My name is Earl, may I know yours?"

He waited to let her answer, but his keen ears heard a commotion closer to the park where he had left, and he looked off into the darkness, searching. He wondered if it was the shepherd he had slighted earlier.

"I do apologize, I must look into something for a moment."

He trotted past her, apologizing again, and followed the sounds until he came upon three more dogs hurrying in his direction. Certainly a lot of strays these days, he thought to himself. He stepped out of the shadow of a trashcan and came upon the three, looking past them to try to find what they were running from.

Edited by PythonPro

((Lol it's all good.))

Luli was looking back at the man they were running from when she turned to face the front again and noticed a rather tall, scruffy dog step out in front of them just a second before she was about to crash into him. She tried to stop but her momentum was too much. Colliding with him at a run was no fun.

Edited by Lady Evirae

Realizing Luli was still running, Wind skittered off, ears flat against her head. She found an abandoned cardboard box and dashed inside, hoping he didn't find her. She trembled as she peeked out through the light brown that surrounded her.

((Python, have you not been reading any of my posts?))

"Oh, sorry." Chloe replied rather embarrassed when Wind got mad.

She looked behind her to see if the man was there, but didn't see anything. She turned back around and saw that Luli had collided with a tall, scruffy dog, and Wind had gone and hidden some where. Chloe sighed. What a mess.

((Grawr! I dislike having to wait. lol Can't do anything til Python replies.))

((sorry, internet is a rare commodity in my house, especially on the weekends. And Haze, I'm really... REALLY sorry, I guess I didn't read your last two posts all the way through sad.gif I'm used to more slow paced RPs, I guess :/

I've edited my last post to the best of my ability, and hopefully this won't happen again tongue.gif ))

The husky that barreled into his legs was thankfully light enough that it didn't stagger him, but she got easily tangled, and it took him a bit to extract himself. He noticed the chihuahua dart with impressive speed under a cardboard box, and he had to wonder once again what they had been running from. He hoped the shepherd hadn't been terrorizing another small dog again because of him. He was glad the retriever had been looking where she was going and hadn't run into him as well.

When things had calmed down, Earl sat down and cleared his throat. "Sorry for startling everyone. I heard you running, and I was wondering what it was you were running from." Here I go, being the police dog again, he mused. He just couldn't keep his nose out of other people's business. "I came across a shepherd not long ago that was none too kind, I hope he wasn't the one to scare you."

Edited by PythonPro

"May as well go out and hunt for the alpha." Swift-Eye said. She jumped over the fence and surprised a cat. It took off, scaring out one other cat."Now there's a feast!" Swift-Eye exclaimed. She loped behind them, each step bringing her closer and closer to the mangy felines. With a swipe of her paw she knocked the first cat onto the ground. With a swift bite to the neck, and a shake of the head, she killed the cat. She looked for the other cat, but couldn't find it."Rac-drops!" She cursed."Well, better to have caught something rather than nothing." She grabbed the cat in her mouth and brought it into the camp, making a show of it. She left it at a little alcove that every-dog could see, in case any were hungry.

(( Thank you Python C: ))

The silver she-dog watched him silently as he ate. She was somewhat surprised that a large dog like him couldn't have found something to sustain himself on, or at least scour the dumpsters. But then, perhaps he was new to the area, and didn't know much about hunting in the city. An ear twitched at the sound of his voice and Victoria regarded him with a guarded, yet curious gaze. Earl, was it? He was certainly polite. Since it was apparent he knew of the Junkyard pack and that she was apart of it, she found no use in demanding whether or not he knew the whereabouts of his wanderings. He acted well informed, which pressed her to think he was either there to be recruited, or had other intentions that included her pack.

His inquiry to her name went unanswered. She had been thinking of telling him, since she knew it was against pack etiquette to chase off such an intelligent and formidable asset. Even if this Earl didn't know the first thing about fighting (which she doubted, given he had survived this long), she was certain Ty would welcome him eagerly. However, as her name rolled onto her tongue, the ragged loner excused himself and ambled off. Victoria lifted her head, slightly intrigued. As she had felt before, she suspected something of authority in him; perhaps he hadn't come to just join, but to displace Ty as leader?

Victoria quietly trotted after Earl, studying him from behind for any sort of clue. His body language spoke of nothing suspicious, but she still found herself mystified. Only when another dog barreled into him did Victoria approach them closer, this time diverting her attention from Earl to assess the other animals. None of them looked as though they were seeking a fight- in fact, quite the opposite. One look down the alley they had raced down revealed no pursuer, and Victoria snorted softly. Earl appeared to be handling the situation with much grace, and so the Rhodesian remained silent (as usual) to listen and observe.

Wind poked her head out of the box. "No dogs, just a human I really don't like was chasing us. When you came running, I thought he was coming after you. My bad." she barked, stepping out into the sun.

"My name is Wind because no one can catch me. Who are you?" she asked Earl, curious. She noticed Victoria and stiffened slightly, ready in case the dogs made an aggressive move on them.

Edited by Lalasa

"It's alright." Chloe replied, stepping closer to Earl and sat down.

She glanced to the side and saw a tall Rhodesian dog listening not to far away. She quickly looked back at Earl, pretending that she didn't notice the other dog. "I'm Chloe." She added, not asking him what his name was because Wind had already asked.

Edited by angelkay

Luli's head was aching slightly. When she had run into the tall one, she had ended up hitting her head on the ground as she got tangled in his legs. She got up slowly, trying to shake away some of the pain but to no avail. Luli sat down, blinked her eyes and looked at the scruffy dog. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to run into you. I was just trying to figure out what had freaked Wind out so much while I was following them. I'm really, really sorry," she said to him, ducking and turning her head away slightly in an apologetic manner. Stupid mistake! I should've known better and paid more attention. I might be losing my edge, Luli thought to herself.

Edited by Lady Evirae

((Sorry I haven't been on. I had to go to a camp and my parents wouldn't let me use the computer so I may not be able to post much for the next three days. I'm really sorry for that late notice. Please don't kick me off the roleplay!!))

Swift-Eye yawned, letting out her anxiety of the day. Reaching out, Swift-Eye grabbed a trinket that she found. She gazed at it, thinking that it reminded her of her mom."She was afraid. Afraid of losing me," Swift-Eye thought. She shook the thoughts out of her head, commanding attention to focus on today, not yesterday. Yawning again, she left to her den. Falling asleep when she got there, she fell into a deep sleep.

Edited by AryxonNabalMornaug

Earl shook his head. "I see no one following you anymore, and I am not one to be so easily chased away," he said, slightly amused. His size was often as much of a deterrent to humans as it was to other dogs, and he was adept at defending himself if necessary.

By the time Zara was back from hunting she was in a foul mood. There was a minimal amount of prey, and her hunting party had been annoying. Even though she had pretended not to, Zara had heard the snide comments they made about her mangled face. If only they had been through what Zara had been through they would not be laughing.

Reaching Frost, Zara dropped a plump raccoon she had managed to catch in front of the alpha. She then sat and asked her leader a very important question. "What are your plans for revenge against the Junkpack?"

Edited by nuttymeg3

"Usually I'm not scared easily either. I was just following Wind to make sure that she was ok." Luli shook herself off to settle her soft, white fur down since it had gotten a bit ruffled by her tumble. Then she looked up at the giant dog to examine him. He was a bit older and his coat was wiry. But she could definitely see his lean muscles under his fur. He was also a good 10 inches taller than her. As she looked him over, she decided than he didn't look like he was very hostile and that she could come to like him if they ever took the time to talk extensively.

Victoria, although still several feet away from the all, took the chance to study them all as they spoke. The male she'd already seen all she needed; tall, formidable, smart, and oddly polite. It was strange how she hadn't felt the need to turn away from him as she did most dogs, since her antisocial nature was difficult to overcome even in terms of duty. The others, though, looked almost... typical. All three females, and the littlest one sounded brash and courageous, but her body language hinted at the complete opposite. Victoria wasn't very interested in the tiny dog anyway, although she inwardly scoffed as the dog stiffened in response to Victoria's presence. The other two seemed pretty well rounded, and nothing suggested anything that would have been of any concern to a pack dog.

The silver canine stepped forwards again until she was near Earl and the husky that had tumbled into his legs. She gazed down at the wolfish dog with her bright amber eyes and did not speak for a few more moments. Then, glancing briefly to Cloe and fleetingly towards the Chihuahua, the lion huntress remarked in her cool, rich voice, "All of you are loners, then?" It was likely that the three females had even banded together, but Victoria was slightly skeptical.

"I'm a loner, yes. If you want me in a pack though, I'll have to say no. I enjoy a free life, and I'm too small anyways." Wind barked, still keeping a watchful eye in case any dog wanted to jump her. She could almost smell the hostility from the silver dog that had asked the question., and she didn't like it.

She could take on one dog, but not a whole group. So being in this crowd made her nervous.

Luli watched as a tall, grey dog walk up and stand near her and the wolfhound. The grey female had a hunter's build and a look of coldness in her eyes that might have put Luli on edge if she hadn't been used to dangerous looks from other animals. Having been a hunter in her past had taught her how to be calm in different situations, but she couldn't quite read what the grey dog's intentions might be. "I don't know about them, but I'm not really a loner. Or at least I don't think so. I have a couple of friends, if that's what you mean. I've only been in this city for a couple of months, so I'm not quite sure how everything works here yet," Luli replied. "I've only just met these dogs." Luli curled her fluffy tail around her feet as she sat. "Who are you?"

Edited by Lady Evirae

The Chihuahua's bark caused Victoria's slender muzzle to tilt towards the small dog in acknowledgment. How the tiny thing survived on her own would be a mystery to the Rhodesian, although she supposed a lone dog would do what it could to stay alive. In either way, she didn't really feel as though the sacrifice of "freedom" was anything major. After all, Victoria had been a loner herself for a while before she joined the Junkyard pack. Even if she didn't like company all that much, it still benefited her.

Since when did packs have height requirements? Victoria thought in response. However, her steady voice merely answered, "Then that is your choice", before she turned her gaze away from Wind and to the husky. A few months? Wouldn't have that been long enough to establish a living situation? Well, the city was quite large anyways, and the chance that this she-dog had recently migrated to the area was high. Victoria cocked an ear at her before replying smoothly, "Ghost. I patrol these areas for my pack. Now, this human- where did you see him last?" She would have to be concerned of the risk that a two-legged was sneaking around in search for these loners, especially since the activity of the Junkyard pack would be skyrocketing in the next few days.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Chloe watched as the tall, silver dog walked toward them. She sat quietly as everyone conversated. She didn't like the Rhodesian's attitude. She was too... What's the word... Cold sounding. What did she say her name was? Ghost?

((Sorry I was gone two extra days. When I was in Ohio my car broke down and we had to wait a few days before we could get back on the road. My goats were none too happy about that. I've read up on what's going on. Yes, Ary I accept your charrie. Sorry about the time freeze. And if any of you are wondering, I'm making Ty a not-so-great leader on purpose. I'm going to make him a better leader about now-ish. And dog bootcamp has begun. Yay for being back home with a laptop!))

KELLEY:

Kelley's eyes were half-lidded in a lazy way. He was still rather tired, his ears flicking forward as he heard the small dog speak. The dog had a comical look, puffing out it's chest, like a hamster, in order to make himself seem larger. He spoke with a high-pitched slightly commanding voice, though his eyes seemed to smile. Kelley pulled a slight smile, his lips revealing yellowish, sharp, long fangs.

"My name is Kelley. I'm a loner, looking for a bite to eat, just like everybody else in this place," he said, his voice a smoky tone. He wagged his bottle-brush tail, signaling he wasn't here for a fight. He turned his head as he saw a large dog vanish from the shadows, where he must've been watching from. Kelley looked back at the dogs. Another loner was of no concern to him. He lay down, crossing one paw over the other, his distinctive way of laying down. His left paw over his right. His scarred paw over his clean. Maybe it was a protective stance, one he had learned to protect that paw. Kelley cocked his head, clearly contemplating this thought. He then shook it, his attention snapping back to the two dogs.

FROST:

Frost jumped off the couch, her ears alert as she noticed the smell of raccoon. Her favorite. She smiled as Zara entered the room, going over and snatching the 'coon in her teeth. Blood sprayed as she devoured the animal to her fill, pushing the rest over to Zara, her loyal beta.

"My plans? Mm. I am going to watch for awhile, learn about the pack, learn about Ty, how he's changed, how he's coping with his mate's death. I want to know their weaknesses and I want to know this fast. Then we will attack, hitting their weak points. And Ty will be left to me and me alone. I will take him down. I will be a hero."

TY:

There was no words for Ty's disappointment. His disappointment in himself. He was being no leader, he was being a dog worthy of Omega status. He needed to plan and make defenses. If his eyes weren't deceiving him, his pack could be under attack at any moment. He needed to step up, to rise to the plate and take control of the situation. He was still running, fuming over what Coruki had said. But no matter, what she had said was true, and that was the part that had angered him. He slowed his pace, catching the scent of Ghost and another dog. He followed the scents, a pattern appearing. They had been at the same places together. Was Ghost seeing someone without telling her leader? Ghost seemed so loyal, she seemed like she would never do such a thing. His brow was tense and frustrated, his amber eyes cold. He was going to be a leader. He was going to make his pack obey his command. His pack was going to follow HIM and they were going to learn their places. They would learn The Order. The Order that was put in place in times of war or great need.

1: Omegas do not directly converse with the Alpha unless the Alpha speaks to them.

2: Omegas do not make comments about the Alpha, if he hears this he punishes them accordingly.

3: Omegas do not hunt without permission.

4: Omegas eat last.

5: Gammas can volunteer to hunt with a hunting party.

6: Gammas may converse with the Alpha, though they must be respectful in what they say. They may joke, tease and fool with the Alpha as long as he permits it.

7: Gammas are allowed freedom of speech, they may talk about the Alpha as long as the Alpha hears naught of it. If he does, they are punished accordingly.

8: Gammas eat second to last.

9: Betas converse with the Alpha whenever they wish. They can say what they like, do what they like. They are the Alpha's policemen. They keep him and the pack in check. They eat second.

10: Alphas can only mate with a Beta or a Gamma. No exceptions are made. Alphas are highly encouraged to mate with a Beta, as they have more wisdom than most others. Alphas lead the pack with vigor. They will not abandon their pack-mates and will sacrifice themselves above all others. They are noble, strong and proud dogs that will keep their pack going at all costs. Even if it means the death of their mate.