Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

"Alpha, I can see if Frost is still alive. It may be risky, but it would confirm if she is still alive." Swift-Eye barked at Ty. Looking at him, she could tell that he had conflict within him, whether to possibly lose her, and confirm his suspicions, or be ignorant, and be surprise attacked uf they still are alive.

((EDIT: SO sorry!!))

Edited by AryxonNabalMornaug

((Ary, you just basically took control of my character right there. You shouldn't do that. I'll let it slide, but you were basically deciding what Ty was thinking. Which is NOT what he's thinking, btw. I'm not going to kick you out or anything, I'm just trying to let you know it would be best not to do that. ))

"I already know she's alive. I didn't kill her. And the smell of burnt leather... that is the smell of Shadowpack. They've been here. I have no doubts, Swift-Eye. I don't need to sacrifice someone if I already know they're there," he said, turning back to Ghost. He noticed her growl and he regretted what he had said. "I never doubted you loyalty, Ghost. I know that you will always do what you think is best for our pack. I don't know why I jumped to conclusions, Victoria. I really don't. All I know is that I did and that I'm sorry."

Wind finished off the guts in a gulp, and walked down the street, stopping at a pet store. In the window display there was a black leather spiked collar, and even though she disliked most collars, she liked how this one could be used as a weapon while protecting her vulnerable throat and neck.

Is there a chance I could steal that? Even if I could, how would I put it on? she thought almost sadly, and padded on down the road.

((Gah sorry! I've had a hugely busy week with field days and moving house, but I'm back now. Though there seems be too many people in the park situation for my liking))

Roe was still on patrol. The city was large, full of tight, crowded, smog filled streets and they all took time to investigate. Never knew who might be lurking the the depths of the city. The dog park was usually her last stop, it usually took a while to get a hold on everything happening there, lots of strange dogs.

Instead when she arrived she found several dogs she knew, including her brother. Roe smiled to herself. Ty was mad, he hadn't gotten mad in two years. He was acting like an alpha, an angry one, but better then the dog of yesterday who didn't eat until the omegas did and who didn't punish insubordination. Maybe the pack would be okay.

Roe wrinkled her nose as the mouthy chiwawa trotted past the mouth of the alley she was in without even seeing her. How had a dog that small survived? She was no bigger then some of the cats around and defiantly smaller then the raccoons.

Roe emerged from the dark and stepped up beside Ty, taking up a defensive position of her alpha in case it was needed, she gazed at the other dogs. "Brother," she nodded her dark brown head in greeting, "what have we been up too here?"

"No," Earl said instantly in response to the cheerful rott, and immediately regretted it. Maybe he had been looking to join a pack of late, but he was so used to being alone that the refusal had come instinctively. "Maybe," he amended. "I'll speak with your Alpha first."

He sat down in front of the doberman, accepting his strained apology in silence. He didn't approve of the leader, that was for sure. It was imperative to maintain control when you're the head of a pack, he could guess that much. Even if he had suspected infidelity of Ghost--or was it Victoria?--he should have confirmed it before losing his top. He almost told him so, but he held his tongue lest it go from a confrontation to an all-out fight. Instead, he switched to the topic at hand.

"Will this human that Wind spoke of cause problems for your pack?"

(( It's okay. We're going to break this up in a few posts, I think. )) "I tracked Ghost and this dog, Earl, to here. At first I made a rash decision, decided that they might be seeing each other, that kind of thing until it became evidently apparent that this was not the case. I made a mistake and shall pay for it in due time. I've also decided to bring back The Order, add some rules to go by in our pack. You approve, Sister?" he asked, his voice calm. He flicked his ears once again in apology to Ghost. it was almost as if every second he spent living he was getting closer and closer to living up to the Alpha he once was. He held his head high, though not arrogantly so. He had a temper, yet he could control it. All he needed was some means of showing his pack what he could do. He was almost back to his old self. Almost. He turned to Earl. "Possibly, though it is unlikely. The main cause of our problems is a slight possibility that Shadowpack has returned. Our pack is currently patrolling constantly, training our new members and bringing back The Order. I haven't been myself as of late, but I've started to be more like the Alpha I was two years ago. I hope I live up to my pack's expectations."

Edited by Packgoater

Swift-Eye nodded when Roe appeared beside Ty."The Order. I guess that's a smart decision." Swift-Eye comtenplated. Realizing that Ty was most likely hungry, Swift-Eye trotted off, searching for a 'coon,fox,or a cat. Finding a cat and a raccoon in a fight 9 meters from the meeting, Swift-Eye stepped in, killing the cat and pinning the raccoon with a paw before ripping out it's throat. Putting the 'coon on her back, and carrying the cat in her jaws, she brought them to Ty. Dropping the cat at Ty's paws, and the 'coon at Roe's paws, she stepped back.

He nodded solemnly. "I was asked if I'd like to join your pack, and I must admit the idea appeals to me somewhat. Though I hardly agree with your tactics when it comes to dealing with stress," he said looking him up and down, "I can see you're in a path to change that. So I ask you myself if you will accept me." A dangerous glint came into his eye as he peered down at the smaller Alpha. "Though I will be no one's Omega."

Roes teeth came together with a small click, the big wolf hound was being disrespectful to his potential alpha but she was having a hard time not smiling. Though she had new found or rather, resurrected respect for her brothers leading quality, this male wouldn't stay his subordinate for long. Though if they could become allies, when he did break away, maybe they could still cooperate.

"If you prove yourself capable, it is possible to skip ranks. But only with the alphas consent," she dipped her head slightly towards Ty.

Edited by Chiaki

Earl shrugged his shoulders and said confidently, "You may find me presumptuous in saying so, but I find you presumptuous in thinking it could be any other way." He eyed the new dog calmly. "If you wish for me to prove myself, it wouldn't take long. Pit me against any one of your Omegas, or even your Gamma's, and I promise I would not disappoint." He raised his chin proudly, he wasn't bluffing a single word he had said. "I was merely suggesting we skip the formalities in the face of the danger this Shadowpack apparently displays."

Roe regarded the wolf hound. There was no denying that he was huge and would easily be able to beat any of their omegas. That left him to fight one of their gammas. There was ghost, though if she lost it would be humiliating and she would probably be demoted and they needed her. However, if she won, then the wolf hound would not be accepted into the pack.

One of the other then. Her thoughts strayed back to the group of dogs who were causing trouble within the pack. Two birds with one stone? "Then how about Tolliver? Big male, gamma, German Shepard cross. Might prove a challenge, but who knows."

It occurred to Roe that she didn't know the wolf hounds name, though it wasn't essential as she knew his look and scent. She decided that if he won his fight then she would learn his name.

Earl stared at the doberman, if she could be called one. He noticed he was surrounded by females, and it made him uncomfortable though he didn't betray it. His eyes slid back to the Alpha without saying anything, mulling it over. He had never taken orders from anyone, and he didn't quite like how it felt, especially coming from a female, but that would be the price he paid for not only companionship, but protection in his old age. He turned back to the one addressing him and held her gaze steadily.

"Accepted."

Chloe watched as the three dogs talked about Earl joining their pack. She sighed. "No need for me to be here anymore." she thought to herself and started walking away from the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((I'm just going to have Skyla move on.))

Skyla sighed and walked back to the box in which she slept the night before. "Where did everyone go?" she said aloud as she looked around the fairly empty junkyard. Her stomach growled hungrily, but she ignored it.

Edited by angelkay

Roe smiled and wagged her tail, she had been unsure weather he would accept, it coming form a smaller female and all. She had no doubts that he could beat Tolliver who was very hot tempered but showed very little actual fighting skill.

Roe flicked an ear towards the husky walking away. It was a shame because she had looked quite capable, but Roe felt that if she needed too, she would be able to find her again.

Although the big male had accepted, she was not an alpha, so did not have the authority to give the final go ahead on the situation. Although when Ty's mate and the second alpha of the pack had died two years ago, she had taken on many of Sashas duties but Roe could never really be alpha of the Junkyard pack unless her brother died, god forbid.

She looked to her alpha a little grudgingly, asking for his permission on her plan. With his reclaimed pride, she wasn't going to risk undermining him.

"Very well, Earl. Though you should learn to treat your Alpha with respect," he half-growled, half-barked, his eyes narrowing. He kept his cool, not letting his hackles raise or jumping to tussle with the dog. He let out a howl, one that would summon his pack members. "All pack members must be here to witness this dog! This loner who dares challenge one of our packmates for entry into our pack! Come one, come all! Look one, look all!" Ty had no doubt the wolfhound would beat the dog and shot Roe a look. Had Roe done that on purpose?

Roe blinked lazily at her brother and gave him a smile. He would thank her when Tollivers poisonous presence had been put in it place, right at the bottom of the pecking order. Speaking of the poisonous presence, Tolliver and several of his omega buddies were trotting towards them though the park, lord knows what they had been doing in that direction. There were very few humans around at this time, so the park was a perfect place for the fight/initiation.

"You called for us Ty?" Tolliver snarled rather rudely, boldly meeting Tys eyes. Clearly the gamma was not aware of his alphas personality change.

((I'm assuming Tolliver can be played by anyone))

Earl dipped his head in Ty's direction deferentially. "Of course, when you become my Alpha that will by the case." He remained sitting down as he called the rest of his pack to him, waiting composedly. When the German Shepherd showed, Earl made a face. Suggesting a pup like this could challenge him almost seemed like an affront to his abilities, but he stayed silent.

((Yes, Chiaki.))

Ty snarled at Tolliver, gripping him at the scruff of his neck and forcing him into a submissive position. That done, he glared at him and stepped of, the dog looking in awe and confusion at him.

"I called for you because you, Tolliver, with your amazing strength and wisdom can surely defeat this dog, Earl.

"What's in it for me?"

"The chance of you staying in the pack. If you back out, we'll chase you out of our territory. Earl, here, is going to challenge you so he can become gamma. You know what, Tolliver? I think he'll do it."

Roe kept one eye on the wolfhound, he seemed very relaxed and she hoped he wouldn't underestimate Tolliver. He was quite a large dog who had a fair amount of street experience and could get some damage in if the wolfhound wasn't careful.

She watched as Tolliver nodded and stood, clearly not wanting to be kicked out.

"Begin when ready," she called and Tolliver lunged straight for the larger dogs throat.

Edited by Chiaki

((Chiaki, Chloe is a golden retriever. Luli is the all white husky. Packgoater, Kaden and Snips are still in limbo with your other char.))

Luli silently waited out the communal conversation in front of her. She had been about to leave when a challenge was issued, so decided to stay and at least watch the fight. Moving out of the way of all the dogs around her and away from the now approaching canines, she trotted over to a bench a few feet away from them all, climbed up onto it, and laid down. Trying to stifle a yawn, but not quite successful, she gazed at them all with wondering blue eyes. I bet this is going to be interesting, she thought.

Earl anticipated the attack; the first try any street dog made for him was for his throat. Get a hold of his neck and even a big dog like him would go down. A classic mistake. A wolf hound was bred for two things, his agility and his sight, and his strength wasn't something to shake a stick at either. Though he was still sitting when Tolliver lunged for him, Earl waited until the last second to drop to the ground and push his shoulder up against the shepherd, exposing his belly and forcing his attack to glance off of the bone of his shoulder.

Ty nodded as the wolfhound made all the right moves, tiring Tolliver down while deflecting his blows and hurting him. It was impressive, that was for sure. He noticed the husky sitting on a bench. Was she planning to join too? He cocked his head, watching her with amber eyes. It was less of a concern than this fight though, so he turned back to the fighting dogs.

((eep! sorry Evirae, got you all mixed up))

Tolliver grunted in pain as he was flipped over, maybe this wasn't such a good idea the Shepard thought as he went down. He recovered quickly though and protected his vulnerable underside by twisting quickly onto his feet. He was closer to the wolf hound now and lunged at his flank, jaws wide.

Earl pushed the shepherd up and over as Tolliver tried to gain traction and bite him at the same time, only to be tossed on his back. Earl backed away, refusing the obvious opportunity to attack that would only be countered and instead waited for Tolliver to get to his feet once more, instantly renewing the attack. He twisted away, but couldn't avoid all of the shepherd's teeth.

Edited by PythonPro

Tolliver snarled with glee, he had gotten the massive flee ridden mutt! Not severely, but in his half crazed state he didn't much notice. He was panting with exertion now but rose up on his hind and brought his blunt claws down on the wolfhounds head.