DarkEternity

Is your scroll hidden?

Your scroll is...  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't hide my scroll or my name. smile.gif I enjoy looking at other people's scrolls, too, and go snooping on a regular basis. It doesn't bother me when scrolls are hidden, but I've personally never really seen the point of it... lol To each his own I guess. smile.gif

I am completley unhidden. I like to show off my collection, what there is of it, and I keep my name unhidden as I find it easier to keep track of my names.

mine is not hidden smile.gif I'd love others to see my dragons

I very rarely ever hide my scroll. I have on a couple of occasions when I found I was being “helped” when I didn’t want help. That most notably occurred when I caught a chicken. I didn’t fog it and did not put it on any sites. I stepped away from the computer for 30 minutes, and when I came back, the poor little egg was sick. I was one unhappy “mama”, but the egg got better and hatched. I do fog the occasional “special” dragon to keep it from getting sick from too many views. On the whole, though, I want folks to be able to see my scroll.

From Wookieinmashoo

The main reason I hide the adults is because of specific naming schemes I have set up. I doubt anyone would "take" any names I have not used yet, but I'm not taking chances.

That would be rude for someone to take your naming scheme. I usually try to name my dragons after their ancestors (if there are any), but I wouldn’t purposely take names.

From fuzzbucket

I don't show my user name on individuals - in case someone gets mad about something I caught..... it has happened....

I’ve had that happen, too, but why should anyone get mad? I mean, I know they do, but why? Anyone who trades knows there is the possibility of losing the egg or hatchling and there are just times when someone is going to click on an egg faster in the Cave.

From julesjag1

So thank you to all of you with open scrolls. 

I’d like to add my thanks.

From fuzzbucket

I’ve had that happen, too, but why should anyone get mad? I mean, I know they do, but why? Anyone who trades knows there is the possibility of losing the egg or hatchling and there are just times when someone is going to click on an egg faster in the Cave.

When it happened it was (I assume) someone who missed the CB I caught - and it was only a nebula ! - the other three that died that night were all bred from my scroll. It was weird. I didn't get it at all. Now I fog overnight too smile.gif

When it happened it was (I assume) someone who missed the CB I caught - and it was only a nebula ! - the other three that died that night were all bred from my scroll. It was weird. I didn't get it at all. Now I fog overnight too smile.gif

Yeah, I don't get it either. Something similar has happened to me. And if I've got anything that I think might get sick, I fog it when I'm away from the computer.

I recently had to hide my entire scroll. I picked up a hatchling from the AP and checked that it was not LiT and it wasn't. About two hours later, I check my scroll before going to bed and got the warning of a sick hatchling. I checked to see what one it was instead of clicking the warning because I was fairly baffled. I had only ever gotten a sick hatchling once and that was because I was trying to get it to gender for freezing. The hatchling I had picked up started at 1,400 views and shot up to 21,000. If I had had my name showing, the person could have gotten to my other hatchlings and eggs if they wanted to, including a rare hatchling that was given to me. Even though my whole scroll does not seem to be in danger, I'm still keeping it hidden for a while because I don't want to take any chances.

I recently had to hide my entire scroll. I picked up a hatchling from the AP and checked that it was not LiT and it wasn't. About two hours later, I check my scroll before going to bed and got the warning of a sick hatchling. I checked to see what one it was instead of clicking the warning because I was fairly baffled. I had only ever gotten a sick hatchling once and that was because I was trying to get it to gender for freezing. The hatchling I had picked up started at 1,400 views and shot up to 21,000. If I had had my name showing, the person could have gotten to my other hatchlings and eggs if they wanted to, including a rare hatchling that was given to me. Even though my whole scroll does not seem to be in danger, I'm still keeping it hidden for a while because I don't want to take any chances.

What does LiT mean?

I don't hide mine. I don't see any need. The only time my eggs got sick were:

*when I once added it to an extra clicksite before I usually do

*when I had an egg that was ready to hatch time-wise, but not click-wise (and responded badly to being added to 6 sites.)

*when I forgot to add my dragons and somebody extra-helpful added my whole scroll, not just the ERs. (however, it was helpfulness, not maliciousness as far as I can see. At least, my next batch of eggs wasn't affected)

*My GoN (yay!!! smile.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifxd.png )

So yeah, I've never been targeted. (I feel sorry that it does happen to others)

I don't hide my scroll. I've not had any problem with viewbombers so far and I hope it will stay this way. tongue.gif

What does LiT mean?

Lost in Trade - that was more of an issue back then when trading happened through abandoning and picking up, before the Magi's teleport BSA was implemented.

I only hide my scroll for the rare occassions that I actually have something rare on my scroll (or at least something that's valuable enough to me to consider it rare laugh.gif)

I've only hidden my scroll once, when a bunch of rare egg of mine were in trades and getting viewbombed, but otherwise I like showing off. One of my goals is to one day be that scroll on DC where a newbie looks at the 10+ pages and all the badges and says "wow".

I don't hide my scroll. I can fog eggs and hatchlings if I'm worried about them, the rest of my scroll is in no danger. smile.gif

I often find such great lineages in the AP and want to see what else these people created, just to be stopped by a hidden scroll. I breed nice lineages for the AP too and don't want people who find them to have the same disappointment.

I only have growing things visible. The /user page loads a lot quicker if it doesn't have to worry about loading any adults. I DO have my scroll name hidden, though.

Completely hidden...cuz viewbombing. dry.gif*jerks. you know who you are*

I would really love to see a hide ONLY growing things option added someday, sooner rather than later, of course. I wouldn't mind people being able to see my adults, but I'd like to protect my little ones from mean, petty and/or stupid people.

Completely hidden...cuz viewbombing. dry.gif*jerks. you know who you are*

I would really love to see a hide ONLY growing things option added someday, sooner rather than later, of course. I wouldn't mind people being able to see my adults, but I'd like to protect my little ones from mean, petty and/or stupid people.

That would make so much sense! I'm shocked it's not already an option, considering the nature of the game.

Mine is not hidden mostly because the scroll name is different than my forum name. I did keep the scroll name off of the dragons' individual pages and I turned off aid because of sudden problems with some of my shiny growing things, but everything seems to be okay now.

Edited by Jazeki

I generally have my scroll hidden now as people like to keep refreshing it whenever I'm breeding dragons for the community notice board. Which is just something I don't like.

Also people who try to hatch my eggs before I've influenced them... which keeps happening because I keep forgetting, lol. Whereas if I hide my scroll, that isn't a problem.

I don't hide mine.  I personally see little point in playing a collecting game if I and others cannot see what I have.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have problems with others hiding their scroll, I just know that if I did I wouldn't feel much pleasure or purpose to playing if I can't show what I have accomplished.

My opinion.

I don't usually hide mine. I only do when I absolutely need to (like viewbombing, etc.)

Edited by Pixel.G