sailing101

What is your favorite boss battle?

Oh my goodness, Ballos from Cave Story was the most ****ing hard boss I've ever experienced. He was the secret final boss for the True ending, and I believe I lost to him around 100-250 times. And I was playing Easy!

Once I finally beat him, I threw my DSi to the ground in success. It was a truly rewarding experience.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Lets see here hmmm..

Theodore from Ninja gaiden

Dark Link <333

The bear from Dangerous Hunts 2011

Mountain Lion Dangerous Hunts 2009 or 2008

Kaftar Dangerous Hunts 2011

Mix Master Transformers DoTm

Pyramid Head

Scarlet

Ender Dragon

Wither Boss

My best boss battle was Galacta Knight from Kirby Super Star Ultra.

The music was amazing. Plus, for me, the boss didn't follow a straight monotonous pattern of abilities. If you were close, he would slash at you. If you were far enough away, he would use a blade beam. If you were super far away, he'd summon a tornado at you.

Of course, at half life, the fight became even more hectic.

However, there is a problem of sitting out the battle by using rock form and waiting his attacks out until he moved away... at that point it become boring.

2nd following up would be Kyurem from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Gates to Infinity. It was a much better chance from the classic Mystery Dungeon boss fights, as you feel like your facing a gigantic, powerful boss instead of just a Pokemon with a larger sprite.

In final fantasy X,

The freaking Malboro Menace....

It starts off by Ambushing you..

Then it uses Putrid Breath...

And then i get darkness, poison, confusion, ect ect ect...

And then while i miss, die of poision and hit my teammates, it laughs and finishes me off slowly..

Just beat Willhelm in Borderlands 2 today.

That was an intense fight against a giant robot that spawned smaller suicide bombing robots, machine gun toting robots, and little drones to heal itself and it's spawn.

aaand then handsome jack used the looted power core to bomb sanctuary.

Ops.

Probably "Big Bad Fox" from Crash Bash, where you battle Komodo Moe and Komodo Joe in military tanks. I love that level and the background music rocks!!!

Defeating Demise in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Omg he's so easy!

And I love the background

Yggdrasil in Tales of Symphonia rings a bell...

But then there's Alduin in Skyrim, he was so hard to kill for me ;-;

BUT I gotta say...Master Hand from like ever Super Smash Bros game. And then they came out with crazy hand. Ugh! xd.png Yes, he's easy but I like kicking the crud outta him with Yoshi's flutter kick.

BUT I gotta say...Master Hand from like ever Super Smash Bros game. And then they came out with crazy hand. Ugh! xd.png Yes, he's easy but I like kicking the crud outta him with Yoshi's flutter kick.

Omg he was really hard

my brother loved battling him though

I could never get past him :/

I'd have to say the final battle against Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts 2. One, its a long battle, and 2, it was the first KH game I played so I was super excited for the final battle against the guy who I now know is the ultimate bad guy of the universe.

The final boss in lighting Returns. If you know the story you knew how much was riding on that fight making some who take the story seriously slightly worried for a character they had trained for this fight.

A close second is Red from Pokemon Silver. Loved the fight mostly because how I saw it as a kid was different from how it happened.

I have played my fair share of WoW and during Mists of Pandaria I actually got into a decent raiding guild on my realm.

I found some of the encounters in the last raid for that expansion, Siege of Ogrimmar, to be really fun!

Specially Thok the Bloodthirsty; a giant dinosaur chasing you around and constantly putting heavy area-damage on the entire raid. So much to keep an eye on! I also liked the Sha of Pride on mythic difficulty a lot happy.gif

In single-player games I always liked the encounter with GLaDOS in portal and again with Weathley in Portal 2.

The last boss encounter in Transistor was also pretty damn brilliant! I loved it! Even though he kicked my butt a few times before I got him down! ÒwÓ

Edited by Phenri

I really liked the Jenova boss battles from final fantasy 7

Edited by Dunblane

I really like the Hojo boss battle in Final Fantasy VII. It felt so good to cause that sick punk a healthy dose of pain that he oh so very much deserved. Even if his final form was annoying, it was worth it to unleash a few Bahamutt summons and setting him on fire once or twice. Using Vincent's and Cloud's limit attacks were also fun. biggrin.gif

Also loved a few boss battles in Kingdom Hearts II. Some of the reaction moves were pretty neat and fun to pull off. biggrin.gif

The fight against Wheatley in Portal 2, because of the random quotes and all the moving and jumping around, and obviously PORTAL GUNS biggrin.gif

I also love battling Analogman in the Digimon Digital Card Battle game, although I was frightened of facing him the first time. And in an epic turn of events I ruined him. tongue.gif

My favorite boss battle is fighting the Ultimate Dragon in the Dragovian Trials in Dragon Quest 8 for the first time, because you have to fight the other six dragon forms first, which is always a rush. Not to mention the boss battle music for the Dragovian Trials (which is also used for select bosses throughout the game) is epic.

The end boss in EVO: Search for Eden was my favorite. Such an epic masterpiece of previous bosses all in one room, spawned from the ironic monster you have to get to after eating its minions.

It's also a very tough battle, and I don't like easy video games.

The first one that comes to mind for me is Koloktos from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: a giant automaton. The dungeon leading up to him is cool, and then the fight involves his gigantic swords, which are taller than Link. You then proceed to tear his mechanical arms apart and use his own swords against him.

Hmm, wait....

The Genesis boss battle in FF VII Crisis core

My favorite character is Sephiroth but I don't like his last form; Sepher Sephiroth looks terrible, huh.

However I have to say this: his battle theme is just awesome. I absolutely adore OWA

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - Xemnas boss fight. I struggled with this part for a while, but it was such a good challenge. This is what makes a great boss fight.

I enjoy Kabula from Kirby's Dreamland. It's a pretty easy boss, and what's more fun than fighting a blimp with a cannon on it?

Vergil from Devil May Cry 3. He's rather difficult the last time you battle his as he has the same Devil Trigger abilities as Dante, not to mention how quick he is. However he's been the most rewarding boss _ever_ to beat, I can't even describe how content I was after winning tongue.gif