sailing101

What is your favorite boss battle?

The fight against Malefor in Spyro Dawn of the Dragon

THE censorkip.gif ING HUMAN REAPER AT THE END OF MASS GODDAMN EFFECT 2!

Ooohohohohoh I still get chills from thinking about it.

I saw the trending headline on Facebook about a blind gamer beating Ocarina of Time after five years. Very impressive! It reminded me how epic the final Ganon boss fight was. Sure, some may think it's not as awesome now from the age, but I will always remember how chilling and exciting it was...

Malefor fight in Dawn of the Dragon was tough the first time, but my sister and I got the hang of it and eventually beat him. Very satisfying. He's also one of my favorite current (uh... not so current anymore?) boss fights. GlaDos fight in both Portal games are pretty fun too. Ansem boss fight in KH:DDD as well.

I found the chain of Rayquaza, Zinnia, and Deoxys fights in Pokemon ORAS to be extremely satisfying.

I also really enjoyed fighting Muffet in Undertale, and I'm glad I didn't skip her.

My favorite Boss Battles?

1. Specter from Ape Escape not because it's an old gaem, but you have to capture all of the monkeys he released in order to fight him.

2. The original fight between you and your rival in Red and Blue Versions (not saying the newer ones are alright, but I remember actually trying to beat the Elite Four way back in the day)

3. Cruella Da Ville from 102 Dalmations simply because it's fun smile.gif

4. Minus Enter the Dragon, all Spyro Games from the Original Spyro up to Spyro Dawn of the Dragon was excellent. I haven't played the first of the Trilogy of the newer Spyro games but it the next two were well thought out and it was tons of fun. I'm a fan of the older ones to though smile.gif

Of all the bosses you fight in Etrian Odyssey 4 (storyline and post), I'd say defeating The Elder One was the one I felt most satisfied with. Nothing like raising your own team and after trial and error finally finding a strategy that works, you know?

And also the Progenitor because *GO AWAY* Deep Ones!!! Let Gutrune and Seyfried reunite!

Dark souls - All of them...... except for those that I died a lot on (not just the regular "a lot" but much more...... also alot.png)

ps, I haven't beaten gwyn yet.........

Giygas from Earthbound. Every moment of it is so terrifying it feels like you're actually there; the atmosphere was pulled off so perfectly imo.

The boss battles from Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are really great too. Seeing's Bayonetta's summons beat the crap out of the boss at the end is so satisfying.

There are so many boss battle in Kingdom Hearts 2 that are great, but one of my most memorable is the battle between Roxas and Axel at the beginning. Because it was the first time we ever got to dual-wield and it was a total blast! The combos, the reaction commands, the entire fight was just amazing! wub.gif

Mr. Freeze in Batman Arkham City. I loved how it played to the strengths of both characters (both strength and especially intelligence). You had to actually make strategies and keep track of your attacks to bring him down. And it was a stealth mission too, which was one of my favorite things in the Arkham games xd.png

I'm going to have to go with Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 2. The feeling when you finally beat him alone. It's just awesome. I mean, beating Sephiroth is always awesome, no matter the game.

Off the top of my head, some of my favorite fights are Computer Virus and Marx from Kirby Super Star Ultra, pretty much all the bosses from Undertale, and the Masked Man from Mother 3. There's probably more that I really enjoyed, but those are the ones I can think of for now.

I'm going to have to go with Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 2. The feeling when you finally beat him alone. It's just awesome. I mean, beating Sephiroth is always awesome, no matter the game.

Very true. Still haven't beaten him yet myself, but it is a thrill to fight him in any game.

One new boss fight I can add to this list is Deadeye the Behemoth in FF15 episode Duscae. He is so freaking scary and intimidating and I gave it my all to beat him, couldn't and had to unleash Ramah. And that summon attack. Just dang. That was epic. Nothing but charred behemoth after that. biggrin.gif

Mine would happen to be the the boss from portal 2

Spoilers: highlight at your own risk

"My four part plan is this,

1) No portal surfaces

2) Start the neurotoxin immediately

3) Bomb proof shielding for me, leading directly to number

4) Bombs, for throwing at you.

You know what, this plan is so foolproof, that I'm going to give you a sporting chance, and turn off the neurotoxin.

I'm joking of course, goodbye."

Epic music starts.

So tell me your favorite boss battles, and discus.

It's all bosses, not just finals.

Me, It's DJ Octavio from Splatoon. And the music is very well !!! laugh.gif

Wheatley because he's awesome and it took me 15 tries to defeat him (that was more than GlaDOS in Portal 1).

...or the Nuclear Throne. Seriously, where else can you fight a giant radioactive chair?

alot.png I'm weird.

I'm a little late popping into this thread ooops but let's see..my favorite boss battle would probably either be Trance Kuja (FFIX) or Genesis Avatar (Crisis Core)

My favorite boss battle of any game is Bloodlord Mandokir, from World of Warcraft.

He one-shots you, and he rides a dinosaur.

He also levels up off your death. And he drops a dinosaur mount so you, too, can ride a dinosaur.

My favorite boss battle of any game is Bloodlord Mandokir, from World of Warcraft.

He one-shots you, and he rides a dinosaur.

He also levels up off your death. And he drops a dinosaur mount so you, too, can ride a dinosaur.

yes he's got some pretty nice mechanics i think are interesting ^^ unfortunately, he doesn't want me to ride a dinosaur :< killed him a few times, still nothing... ;; will never ride a dino

i think my favorite wow boss is malygos, just because he's the first one i ever defeated and got a mount first try

however!! my all-time favorite boss from any game is Molgera from legend of zelda windwaker.. i love the noises he makes, and his design is awesome

For me, definitely Loa Erebonius from Trails of Cold Steel

in one word it's just.. epic. The game does an amazing job of building up getting to this point. And when you finally get there, its just plain awesome

The boss itself is pretty tough (but in a fun not frustrating way), the music (called Enormous Inner Strength) is incredible, and you get so much satisfaction from beating it too

Zarathustra, the final boss from Xenosaga III because it was really satisfying finally getting to that final moment in the series... and heart-wrenching. Dang.

Erde Kaiser Sigma also from Xenosaga III because mechs with southern accents are cool and getting his (completely OP) summon afterwards makes it totally worth it.

Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII because dear god that took four thousand years to beat.

Obligatory "every time Sephiroth shows up in the FFVII series," and also screw Ruby Weapon.

Sengoku Basara 3, Siege of Osaka (Tiger Summer), Date Masamune vs Sanada Yukimura. That map was soooo hard with the difficulty on max, and finally getting to the end where the rivals finally fight each other was so awesome.

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu/Genealogy of the Holy War, fighting against Eldigan was really heartbreaking. Arvis was pretty tough too. That game puts you through a roller coaster ride of upset feelings, rip.

... Ugh, there's a lot of others but if I said them all and said why I'd be here all day.

The entire battle with the Senator and his various stages in Metal Gear Rising is pretty amazing. And the first boss battle against Metal Gear Ray is equally epic.

The werewolf from VTM:B

This boss has three paths you can choose. 1) Complete the puzzle and kill it

2) Hide like a little b*** a** and cry like a baby as it tears into each of your hiding places

3) Let it tear you to ribbons like the bada** it is. 

Its quite unique, because... you can't hurt this Apex Predator. There is nothing you can do but run. 

Parasite Eve 3 aka 'The 3rd Birthday' for the PSP: The Reaper

latest?cb=20150308111911

It is unbeatable; tears through space and time to hunt you down; creepy dangerous, haunting music starts when its near; no weapon you have can kill it; it has no visible face/front/backside its a twisted mess drilling through everything; you hear the screams of soldiers dying behind you while you jump (because psychic powers) from one soldier to the next to escape that beast that just wants to eat you.

Absolutly horror for me....until you reach the end of the game and are given a huge laser gun that can burn slowly trough it scales/flesh/i dont know but it takes forever, its has mutiple forms and still is able to kill you any time if you are to slow or do a mistake.

Absolutly beautiful, even when you are given a weapon to kill it, it doesnt make you feel better/stronger than that thing, instead it makes you feel even weaker since you cant procced until you beat it somehow instead of escaping it with much skill.

Edited by Yubelchen

Not sure why but my favorite was the Bongo Bongo boss battle from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. I just like the beat of the bongo while fighting it.  XD