What is your favorite boss battle?

Mine would happen to be the the boss from portal 2

Spoilers: highlight at your own risk

"My four part plan is this,

1) No portal surfaces

2) Start the neurotoxin immediately

3) Bomb proof shielding for me, leading directly to number

4) Bombs, for throwing at you.

You know what, this plan is so foolproof, that I'm going to give you a sporting chance, and turn off the neurotoxin.

I'm joking of course, goodbye."

Epic music starts.

So tell me your favorite boss battles, and discus.

It's all bosses, not just finals.

Edited by sailing101

My favourite boss battle is probably Morpha from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Morpha peed me off real bad. It kept pulling me into the water and raping me D<

I though Volvagia was an awesome boss. The battle was fun too, it was like playing a fiery version of whack-a-mole.

Most bosses in Monster Hunter. Of course, almost every mission is a boss fight... >>

Gorgeous gigantic dragons aside, I loved the Portal 2 boss but it wasn't terribly engaging. Funny, yes, but not... challenging. Portal funnel works on the bombs and that makes it trivial. The only hard part is remembering to actually do stuff instead of listening to funny lines.

Hm. I'd have to say the combination of Albedo and Sophia Peithos from Xenosaga 1. Those two ROCKED. And if your party wasn't set properly, they rocked your world right into the 'game over' screen. It was tough, it was fun, and it felt awesome to win. Unlike the complete cheese battle of Xenosaga 2 that you couldn't lose, and the fairly simple final battle in Xenosaga 3 (gaw, some of the optional stuff was infinitely harder).

Or I'd have to say the battle against Ultimecia in Final Fantasy VIII. I praise that battle for being one of the few in the Playstation FF-series games to not be totally flippin' cheese (re: the Sephiroth and Yu Yevon battles you can. not. lose) and actually smashing my battle party into paste to the point where I was screaming in frustration, followed by cackling like an idiot because my overuse and overstocking of phoenix pinions actually saved my rear the first time I faced her.

Side note - optional boss, but awesome nonetheless: Omega Weapon from FFVIII. And the Mysterious Figure in KH:BBS.

Old school N64 bosses, for the win! : D My favorites would be Bowser from Super Mario 64 (especially Rainbow Bowser, lol) and Chilly Billy/Chilly Willy from Banjo-Tooie. Banjo-Tooie has a few sweet bosses in it actually. :3

twilight princess ganondorf.... it's GANONDORF laugh.gif

red in pokemon gold

oracle of ages veran also holds a place in my heart as she was the first zelda game final boss i beat

kratos vs zues in GoW II. It was crazy hard, and i hated the tragic ending with Athena dying, but it was fun to watch a mortal kick the butt of a god ^.^

The Portal boss was a close second for me, but I have to say Ganondorf from "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" was my favorite. Maybe because the entire game I was expecting it to be Zant?

Giygas from Mother 2, but i never played in the final boss battle, i'm a begginer in Mother 2.

user posted image

One that sticks in my mind is the Tormentor from Dead Space2. Not as awesome once you're expecting him, but my first run through was blind and such an adrenaline rush =) No time to think, no time to plan... and when it's all over you're just "Ohgod Whatjusthappened Idon'teven..."

I really loved the second Wesker fight in Resident Evil 5. Epic music + beating the crap out of the man you love more than life itself + Wesker's unbelievably delicious voice = <3

But let's not forget about the first match. Because 7 minutes is all Wesker can spare to play with me. :3

And I really liked the final battle vs. N in Pokemon Black/White. Modest Zekrom kicking Reshiram's butt... oh yeah, that is something I'll never forget. And the music. My head asplode when it started playing.

And now for something completely different: the battle versus Gulp from Spyro 2. I never managed to beat him as a kid... oh, how many years did I waste raging at him and telling him to stop killing me... But still, to this day, I honestly believe Gulp is the best boss in the history of Spyro games.

And to finish my rambling, here's my comment on the Giygas fight from EarthBound.

STOP KILLING PAULA ALL THE TIME, GODDAMNIT!

I was simply too busy yelling at him to be disturbed by him.

Whew... long post is looooooooooooooong~

Funny as GLaDOS got during it... the Portal 1 boss fight wasn't quite fun. Neither was the P2 one. Entertaining, yes, and perfectly fit for their setting, but against other boss fights, they just can't be compared.

My favorite has to be the fights in FFXII. There were many, and it's been a while since I've played, so I'll just say all of them tongue.gif Especially when there were certain status limitations, and you had to scramble to figure out what to do, they were just so much fun.

All of Zeldas boss's (EPIC) and Harvest moon island of happiness Chelsea/Mark, those two are just mocking you.

Red from Pokemon Gold: you walk up that mountain in all that snow and see him. Not only are you fighting THE Red and not only are you fighting him to awesome music but you're battling it out ferociously on top of a mountain! And when you beat him he VANISHES! how do you vanish from the summit of a mountain? Super thick snow storm and a flying charizard maybe?

Last few bosses from Sonic 3 and Knuckles: the best bosses in the series besides Mecha sonic.

Dark Star Bowser From Bowsers Inside Story: epic music makes everything more epic.

Iris from Megaman X4: you don't want to fight her but you have to. Just thinking of how Zero must feel makes this fight memorable.

Ninetails Nine from Megaman X Command Mission: hardest fight in the game. ANNIHILATOR HADOUKEN!!!!

Akuma from Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: He just killed M Bison! You can't beat him. Experienced players can't beat him. Luck can't beat him. Start praying. D:

Azrial from Chaos Legion: it's just so amazing....

Bass from any Megaman Battle Network: a true test of your skills in those game....and the amount of luck you have.

The Egg Dragoon from Sonic Unleashed: one of my favorite machines Robotnick has ever built. Imputing commands only made this fight better.

Vergil from Devil May Cry: he's my favorite character! biggrin.gif

Merlina from Sonic and the Black Knight: I love her voice. Plus, her theme goes with me too. Lol

Last boss from Arcana Heart: just super freaking hard. Unless you're a noob and you cheap her out.

Xemnas from KH2: I don't even have to explain this one.

Sigma train from LOZ Spirit Tracks: train to train battle! Plus it looks like Sigma from Megaman. xd.png

The two owls from Okami: I haven't played this game in a while but this is still one of my favorites.

And shadow for the last time in Sonic adventure 2: running on an (almost) infinite runway at high speed is just so amazing! In space! Also if you look at shadow skate while listening to the music (which is also amazing btw) you seem to get lost in the moment. O.O

Favorite as in "chyeah, this was easy cool.gif"? Any zombie boss in the FF series, like the second Leviathan (I think) in X. Phoenix Down -> boom.

Favorite as in "FINALLY YOU DIE ASDFGHJ"? Too many to count. Ultimecia from FF8 and maybe Xemnas from KH2. I don't remember many. D|

Wind Waker, because it ends with a VERY satisfying sword through the head. YEAH! You SOOOOOO had that coming, Gannondorf....

Uhh...let me think.

The battles in the Portal games...? (I mainly play The Sims 2 or 3 and it doesn't have a battle, it's just pretty much controlling their lives...)

~Cavey

Okay so I'm probably going to get my butt kicked for this one, but the only boss fight I can really say is my favorite (most likely because it was my first) Is FF7

I don't care how much hype/hate that game gets It was my first real full length rpg. And finally getting to the end and defeating Sephiroth was one of the most amazing feelings ever.

Whenever I graduate and get a job, one of the things that I will treat myself to is buying FF7 & FF8 again, and playing them all over. Tedious some may say, but I know where my loves lay. cool.gif

The one in p0rtal 2.

Oh! Tossup between Okami, and Fable 3.

I LOVED the battle between Amaterasu and Yami at the end, and all the touching scenes thay they don't let you skip.

And I LOVED the battle at the end of Fable 3 between your character and the Creeper, who possesses your friend Walter - the end of which you kill him... which was a little sad D: