lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

(Sorry... bandcamp... TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP)

Zalala dashed back to where she had last seen Atelo.

"Atelo!!! Atelo, there's fighting, and I don't know what to do! Ito can't seem to handle it! There's dragons..."

( So...how was bandcamp...? )

Atelo looked up at the sound of Zalala, frowning at her hurried words. "Dragons?" It made sense, as his little research he did on Ito's strange family had something to do with the dragons. He rose up from his seat on the ground, not bothering to dust himself off. "Lead the way," he murmured, nodding at Zalala.

Zalala rushed off, back to where thy had left the villagers.

Ito was looking a fully grown dragon dead in the face, clearly very angry. "You won't touch her!" He snarled, the dragon snarling right back. A young dragons as was behind him, thirteen or fourteen. The young girl just looked terrified and curled on the ground behind him. The dragon then reared, flaring his wings and making most people step back. Ito held his ground though, and stared him down. "No more of this. Ever. We're stopping this dead in its tracks. You want a sacrifice it'll have to be someone your own size." He hissed.

Atelo approached, his eyes gazing about. "What is this about, Ito?" he asked, stepping up beside him. He knew it wasn't anything good, but hearing the details would help him understand the situation more.

Ito was very busy as the dragon started snapping at him, and he deftly moved out of its path.

The dark skinned woman from before tapped Atelo's shoulder. "He is refusing Alfaskar's request for a blood sacrifice." She whispered, Ito now baring his own wings and fangs at the dragon, the dragon more toying with him than fighting. "That dragon doesn't know what he can do. We've kept it a secret... It thinks he's just an uppity dragon-blooded priest. And Ito doesn't know that... But dragonesses can't interfere with this."

('Twas fun. I made things extra awkward with my human ships. They are now pre-dating.)

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Atelo's attention turned to the woman, frowning as she spoke. A blood sacrifice... He hid the shudder that threatened to escape him and pushed that unwanted memory out of his mind. "I can't have then start a ruckus here," he said, stepping away from the woman and towards the two quarreling. "It doesn't matter who's who. There's been enough strife as it is and I'm tired of being in the middle of it all." His attention went back to Ito, moving in to step between the two.

(You know how hard it is to find a good picture for Atelo? :/ )

The dragon attacked Atelo and Ito placed himself in front of him and held out his hands. The dragon's breath really stunk, but he pried its jaws from around the two and pushed Atelo back. "Get back." He demanded, scales now runnin up and down his arms.

"No." Atelo folded his arms over his chest. "You two need to stop acting like children. If you want to tumble about like squabbling toddlers, then take it elsewhere. You're going to get someone hurt or destroy something, and I speak for all of us that we are in no mood to clean up after your messes." He turned his gaze to the dragon, narrowing them darkly. "Now shoo. Both of you, before I move you two myself."

They didn't even pay attention, the dragon attacking him and Ito transformed, easily pinning it with his hind legs and wings. The dragon tried to move and he clamped his jaws around its neck. It struggled to get up, but Ito didn't relent.

A dark shadow fell over Atelo's face as the two continued to fight without even considering his demands. He could feel the magic gathering to him, making the air feel heavy. He lifted his hands, dark tendrils curling around his fingertips as he pulled at the magic, wrapping it around the two and with a crackle, they disappeared. Hopefully someplace far away and stuck between some walls for all he cared. He muttered something in a strange language before he turned away, the magic still swirling around him darkly.

The girls looked angry and some even looked like they may attack Atelo. There was an identical crackling noise and purple eyed Ito teleported back. "NO MORE." he hissed, dragon's blood on his hands. His eyes faded back to their two toned normal colors. "There will be no more human sacrifices. Ever. And Atelo, you will not interfere with my kingdom. You may advise, but never interfere." He hissed. The little girl returned to her middle aged mother and the mother hugged her baby.

Atelo turned his eyes to Ito when he returned, his face twisted into a look of utter fury. "You dare question me?" he whispered through gritted teeth. "Then I will advise you now- you are going to get everyone killed if you don't stop being such a reckless, pigheaded child! I have all but tolerated your actions thus far, and my patience is drawing to a close. Sir Relnz saw right through you, but I may be the only person left willing to keep your sorry ass from tearing everything apart!" He threw his hands up in the air, arms spread wide to gesture at everything around them. "What would have that fought caused?! More than just that girl would've been harmed, if not killed, if that petty scuffle escalated right here! There is more to leading a kingdom than trying to justify your own beliefs! Many have tried, and they all crumbled back into the dust!" He turned on his heels, excess magic crackling at his flesh as he stormed off, furious.

"He had it under control Atelo." The dark skinned woman defended Ito before he could have spoken a word in his own defense. He was taken aback by this stranger. "That dragon didn't even have enough muscle to throw his weight off, much less all of that strength he was pushing on him. He was trying to assert his dominance." She bowed her head. "All due respect to both of you, it was just merely an observation. That dragon was overweight and weak. He deserved to be submissive. And Ito is our new leader now..." She trailed off, and tried to step back into the crowd of dragonesses.

Ito shook his head. "Atelo's right. I shouldn't have taken that risk of fighting here. It was more of just... The situation. And it could have been handled better. Any other dragon who disagrees with my prohibition of human sacrifices can take it up with me. We will sort the matter out in a less crowded place." He said to the dragonesses in the crowd. He wasn't looking at Atelo, tired of being chided again.

"Under control," Atelo wrinkled his nose as if it was something foul. "Under control my ass." He muttered under his breath a few more words before stepping around the woman. "Maybe they wouldn't have a problem with Ito as ruler if you didn't just drop him in the middle of your mess and pretend he can fix it all my himself," he grumbled as he stomped away, hoping to end up in his study to be locked up and occupied for several hours.

"Seems to be working." He said confidently. The dragonesses now wanted to speak to him, since he had just killed one of the more dominant dragons. It seemed he would stick around a while. Ito just didn't understand why no one thought he was capable of anything...

Atelo stormed his way to his study, the door making a loud thud against the frame as he slammed it shut, a flick of his hand to lock it. He went over to his piles of books, immediately opening one up to glare at its contents, to distract himself from what had occurred.

Sirocca floated over after the trouble died down, frowning slightly as she looked over at Ito, tilting her head to the side. "Is it dead?" she asked at the thought of the dragon not returning.

Ito looked at the ground. "Yeah... It was an accident. Being teleported hurt and I bit his throat too hard... It was over quick." He sounded uncomfortable and ashamed.

Sirocca patted his back. "It'll be alright," she murmured. "At least he isn't around to piss anyone else off. Atelo will get over it. He's just stressed and still imbalanced from the time in Zalala's kingdom."

"Should Zalala go comfort him? I don't know how those two work..." He just shook his head. "Are they even... Together? Or fighting...?"

Sirocca sighed. "I think they are together with several strange quirks. It's how relationships go, or so I've come to understand from you humans and human-like."

"I dunno... They're in a rather odd relationship." He shrugged. "I suppose we should tell her to comfort him."

Sirocca nodded. "We should, if she hadn't seen what has occurred already."

"She's probably floating around here somewhere..." Ito scanned the crowd for a masculine-haired girl, and didn't see one. "Huh. Maybe she followed him."

"Let's go look anyway," she mused, taking Ito by the arm and leading him away, floating a few inches off the ground.

"Alright..." He waved goodbye to the dragonesses and began to walk with Sirocca. "She's usually right near trouble... This is weird."