MisaTange

Name Check Thread

This goes for the two above:

Some times it is not the name its self that is inappropriate, but what is added to the name that changes it to unacceptable. (As in "I Like Cocks".)

The words themselves should be fine, just be sure you're using them appropriately.

Yes, using real names is acceptable.

Edited by _Z_

Is Masturbate okay? It wasn't blocked the way other curses are so I assumed it was fine, but maybe TJ just forgot to block it or something.

I...would not name a dragon that, no.

Alright then, thanks. (:

I wanted to name one of my black alts Radio K.A.O.S. , but I couldn't. So I checked to see what dragon had it, view/n/Radio K.A.O.S.... and I get the "You can't seem to find the dragon you're looking for"

I know there's a slight chance of a hidden scroll, but I wanted to check about the dots... I tried with another words and it doesn't accept them either. Is there anything about that kind of spelling?

Oh sad.gif I knew it was alphanumeric but I assumed the period was part of the numeric range. I guess that's why I couldn't use a comma either.

Thanks, Saloig.

hi,

i wanted to make a resident evil lineage. is it acceptable to call my dragons like character or monsters from the games? for exampel: Albert Wesker, Nemesis, Hunter.

hi,

i wanted to make a resident evil lineage. is it acceptable to call my dragons like character or monsters from the games? for exampel: Albert Wesker, Nemesis, Hunter.

Yes, those character/monster names are fine. :) Most are, unless they're like, really inappropriate but that's fairly unlikely.

Is it acceptable to use email addresses? I recently grabbed "8Elsa" from the cool codes thread, seeing as my email starts with 'elsa8000'. Would it be okay to call it 'elsa8000-at-website-dot-com' or should I play it safe and just leave it as 'elsa8000'?

Also, I don't have anything I want to put it on - this is just for the sake of curiosity - but I was wondering about using obscure pseudonyms; archaic words that only nerds know the meaning of. Example, 'swiving'.

To play it safe I would just use the beginning of the email address and not the whole thing.

I think archaic words would be okay as well, as long as the definition of them is acceptable and not explicit. Swiving is an example of a word I wouldn't use.

Dragon name: Voi

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/01lVo

Hi, everyone! So I thought a 3-letter word would be perfect for my Shallow Water female, and when I saw "Voi" wasn't taken I took it. However, I'm a little worried why the name wasn't taken. I don't know a lot of languages, so I'm asking you guys. Is "Voi" a curse word in a different language? Or does it mean something rude? I don't want my dragon killed and I don't want to be in doubt. Thanks in advance! laugh.gif

Dragon name: Voi

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/01lVo

Hi, everyone! So I thought a 3-letter word would be perfect for my Shallow Water female, and when I saw "Voi" wasn't taken I took it. However, I'm a little worried why the name wasn't taken. I don't know a lot of languages, so I'm asking you guys. Is "Voi" a curse word in a different language? Or does it mean something rude? I don't want my dragon killed and I don't want to be in doubt. Thanks in advance!  laugh.gif

I don't see anything listed here: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/voi and it's apparently also a town in Kenya.

What I do find amusing is the last definition of the page, considering it's a Shallow Water you're naming: cá voi means whale. xd.png

Sex is fine, intercourse is fine, I don't see why swiving would be any different. Unless it means more than just 'sex'. Even then, I think it's obscure enough to not cause any offense.

Voi is fine and I can't imagine any reason it wouldn't be. The only names that aren't taken because of obvious connotations are things that ten year olds could probably identify as being inappropriate.

Edit: To clarify, this is just my opinion. I'm not a moderator of any sort.

Edited by Nine

Is Bael okay to use as a surname?

I really doubt it will cause any issues, if names like Sex and Intercourse are fine, but better safe than sorry!

Bael is the name of a demon from sometype of mythology or other, if I'm not mistaken.

Is Bael okay to use as a surname?

I really doubt it will cause any issues, if names like Sex and Intercourse are fine, but better safe than sorry!

Bael is the name of a demon from sometype of mythology or other, if I'm not mistaken.

I think Bael is fine.

I don't see why a name of a demon would not be allowed.

(and I think you might have mistaken it for Baal? Not sure, 'cos searching 'Bael' on google gave me an Indian tree... laugh.gif )

Did a quick google, as I wasn't sure why you'd ask, but they seem fine. Other languages, made up and real, and slang must be appropriate, but a good way to tell is if the word you're using in English is censored on the forum. You can type the word and preview your post to check this.

Thank you - and thanks for the advice!

I was mostly worried about 'Gorram' - I wasn't sure if a false language like that would count as offensive. And when I found the name wasn't taken I thought there must some reason xd.png.

Had my first and only reject on a description I wrote, and it was because of the name

Surely this is not offensive?

"B Please I'm fabulous"