MisaTange

Name Check Thread

"smexy" or "sexy."

'Decapitated.'

Both are fine.

ManHQRE

Questionable.

SPS, What, where, when. biggrin.gif

Sock and _Z_, thank you for the second opinions on ManHQRE. I tried the name and it worked, which is why I thought it would be valid.

Okay, I got some Gold-horned Tangars and making a pureblood timeline out of them. I want to name the CB ones at the very top of the timeline king and queen. So the timeline would be a royal one. Would I be allowed to make them king and queen?

Emo Clown is fine.

King and Queen are fine. (Already used.) smile.gif

Is it okay to have "drunkard" in a dragon's name? I named my Dart Myst pygmy "Val the Drunkard," after my Hero's wife in Fable III, without even thinking about it, but I'll change it if it's not appropriate.

Guys, I named my stripe TV ho after the code, so obviously you don't need to ask about names that aren't really.. bad. It /is/ pg-13.

Hmm.

Was listening to the Saw theme song (/shot) and totally thought of John Kramer and to my surprise it wasn't taken, is that fine? If not I'll remove it asap.

Why am I so weird

It should be. I have several dragons on my own scroll named after real and fictional serial killers.

I named a red stripe "Fartastic" because the code is P2oaa, and P2 in Spanish reads as the Spanish word for fart.

Hope it is not considered improper biggrin.gif

Hmm... never thought I should ask but I guess I should...

Names :

Clinically Insane

Foul Creature

The Abomination

Drunk Girl & Drunk Boy (for vines)

Names including words like evil/vile/devious/vicious/despicable/demonic

Is it cool ? unsure.gif

Fartastic and names with vile/cruel/devious/malicious/despicable/demonic/insane/abomination/foul/etc. are all fine. Drunk Girl/Boy should be fine, as we have allowed Val the Drunkard.

Dragon Name: pHNKU, Phunk You, or anything containing any of those names.

Dragon Link: Lineageeee

I managed to get a dragon with a code of (pHNKU), but I feel like I can't give it a proper name without being misconstrued as a way to get around any censorship (but come on, I just wanted to keep its code as its name, but it looks like I can't do that without the dragon later being "unnamed".

Would "Phunk" or "Phunk You" be "too offensive" for DC, if not yet taken? I really don't want to leave any of my dragons unnamed if I can.

Otherwise, can anyone suggest a name which would be good for the code pHNKU? Thank you in advance!

Personally, I find Phunk You to be pushing it and would say no.

If you want to stick with thank you, I'd perhaps edit a bit to make this clearer. Phank U, Phank U Very Much, etc.

Personally, I find Phunk You to be pushing it and would say no.

If you want to stick with thank you, I'd perhaps edit a bit to make this clearer. Phank U, Phank U Very Much, etc.

Agree. smile.gif

Dragon Name: Something involving the phrase "Magically Delicious"

Dragon Link: Lineage~

Normally I wouldn't be worried about the name (Lucky Charms, anyone?), but I'm not quite sure if it would count as inappropriate given the, ah, particular code the dragon has...

The first question that comes to mind is "Do you think it is appropriate?"

"Magically Delicious" is fine, as long as the code is not added to the name.

Alright, thank you. I figured the code would be a Very Bad Name, just wasn't quite sure on the other bit. :3

I've had a split named 'Homo' for quite some time now. I find it appropriate because it means 'the same' and you know.. splits. Today I just found out that some homosexual people find it derogatory (when used to describe their orientation). Should I rename my dragon? He's a great mate for my female split, Lesbian so I'll be sad to let it go.

Is using Holy Cow in a part of a name okay? I named one of my Day Glory 'Holy Cow I'm a Day Glory'

And is this fine 'Lord I-can-hit-below-the-belt'?

I have a question. I started a lineage called Brony, based on My Little Pony. Most of the names of the ponies in the show are cutsie names, some based on pastry names, etc.

My daughter and I both have accounts. We live in Southern California, but we are HUGE Anglophiles. One of our favorite puddings from England is called Spotted Dick. She wants to name her Brony dragons "Spotted Dick Brony' and "Treacle Tart Brony" which is another of our favorite desserts from England.

I told her I wasn't sure, because the word 'dick" has other connotations here. But since Dragon Cave is international, and it IS a legitimate dessert in England, may my daughter call her dragon that?

Please let me know. I did ask rubyshoes, she said it might not fly, but to ask here for another opinion.

I'd like to think it would be ok, because 'dick" is not a naughty word in England, there it is a common boys name. Then there is "willy", which DOES mean the male appendage in England, yet is a common name here.

AND.... 'Bloody" IS a swear in England, a bad one, and yet I see dragons with that in their name all the time. Might that not offend all those people in England that play here?

And then, there is the previous 'cock' argument at the beginning of this thread. Bottom line is, my daughter loves English desserts, and is a big Pony fan, especially Pinki Pie, who works in a bakery. She wants to name her dragons after her favorite desserts. I just want to make sure her dragons won't get killed if she does.

You all see what I'm getting at.

Edited by Riverwillows